The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

+25
VTID85
villajk
Villa Ranger
bruka
Wookster
gaffer85
Army villain
Fpuppys
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
smetro
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
The Utterer
achilles
avfc forever
De Kuip
Wriggle
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
FoxyAV
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
29 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by smetro Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't get this RVP thing. Bruce has said he was considered but then he thought we had enough 30 something players (I thought it was loan - so don't see that as a stumbling block).
We still need a striker - so if we snubbed RVP it must be that we are confident of getting someone else - nothing looks imminent though - maybe the club are keeping it hush/hush !!!

Don't think Ulloah to palace is done - why would Leicester assist another bottom half club ? - I read somewhere that Crystal P are up to the limit on loans - so would have to be purchase Ulloah
smetro
smetro

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Well something looks imminent going by Xia's tweet...

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 DUEP0P3WAAEXgbE

I don't think Leicester would hesitate to do a deal with Palace, if it makes sense financially; it's not as if they're both in a relegation fight together, Leicester are thirteen points above the relegation zone and nine points ahead of Palace.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:53 pm

[quote="deadbuzzardalive"]Well something looks imminent going by Xia's tweet...

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 DUEP0P3WAAEXgbE

a hand shake , a pen, number 24, which just happens to be the amount of goals scored this season by Jack Mariott, not sure how that fits in with FFP though, unless Zia has a sponsorship deal up his sleeve.
andrew24561
andrew24561

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm

I took the '24' to mean that the deal will be announced in twenty-four hours, but Mariott would be an interesting one, he's someone we could bring in, without putting too much pressure on Hogan straight away, but could probably do a job when called upon. He's actually being linked with Palace as well.

To be honest I think the deal that Xia is hinting at is probably Tuanzebe.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
To be honest I think the deal that Xia is hinting at is probably Tuanzebe.

This is a signing I could never get behind. Awful signing if true. Another Onomah story. Wouldn't boo him, but I certainly would never clap him.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 pm

De Laet's gone on loan to Antwerp now, we're also being linked with Marcovic from Liverpool, I'd never heard of him but I've seen people suggest he'd be one of the best players in the championship, not sure if we desperately need a winger though, probably just a rumour. I'm hoping the fact that we turned down Van Persie, is an indication that we've got a pretty decent striker lined-up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Tuanzebe has signed on loan, United wouldn't have let him come to us if he wasn't going to play so will be interesting to see how he's used. From the descriptions I've read he almost sounds like a Vieira type, who incidentally also started out as a central defender.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Lets hope he is a replacement for Whelan. Dancing Banana
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Utterly meh moment. Hopefully he does alright and isn't shit like Onomah.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:08 pm

With the renaissance of Bjarnasson as a deep lying midfielder and now this signing we could probably afford to let one of Jedinak or Whelan leave the club, trouble is I doubt many would be interested given their wages. Might be a good idea to find Doyle-Hayes a loan club as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Utterly meh moment. Hopefully he does alright and isn't shit like Onomah.

And yet it seems odd that Spurs fans rate him highly as a defensive midfielder. I maintain it's not Onomah that's shit, it's Bruce insisting on playing him as an attacking midfielder. Which begs the question, what's the point of Tuanzebe unless a) he's defensive cover for Chester and Terry or b) Onomah is going to be recalled or sent back and we either need DM cover for the OAPs or he fancies him as a striker.

We're starting to look balanced as a team aren't we? It's only happened in the last month though and I wonder if Tuanzebe was lined up to come in and do what it now transpires (over the last couple of matches) Thor is actually rather good at. Will we see Thor continue to play there (and quite possibly get better)?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm

People still going on about Ulloa on twitter and other forums, and how they hope we have a plan b if we don't get him, but this is the reason Bruce gave for not signing Van Persie...

“He was wanting to come out of Turkey and we looked at it long and hard,” Bruce explained after Villa defeated Barnsley 3-1 today. “It’s not often you get the availability of somebody like Robin van Persie.

“At the moment, with what we’ve got in that position and the amount of 30-year-olds we’ve got I just decided that it’s better we look elsewhere. I wish him the best of luck. It was an interesting couple of days!”

Which surely implies that we're not even in for Ulloa in the first place, as like Van Persie, he's also in his thirties. I reckon we've already got a deal in place for someone we're just waiting for that club to sign the replacement.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Another audio interview with Wyness here, doesn't tell us much we don't already know, but transfer talk begins at about eighteen minutes.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Tuanzebe has signed on loan, United wouldn't have let him come to us if he wasn't going to play so will be interesting to see how he's used. From the descriptions I've read he almost sounds like a Vieira type, who incidentally also started out as a central defender.

Presumably he is a going to play as a defensive midfielder as he can't replace Terry or Chester but that is really harsh on Bjarnason and again raises the question of loan players over your own players especially when your own players are playing well. Still Bruce might fancy him as a centre forward, you just never know with him. Onomah is pretty much redundant now to be honest as we definitely have enough DM players now and he has proved that he really isn't an attacking midfielder and most definitely not a right winger, Bruce!
achilles
achilles

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:05 am

Yeah I know what you mean.
ok so I need to declare a conflict of interest here cos I was banging on about Bjarnasson since we bought him, then got embarrassed and shut up, then felt a bit superior since he's done well.
Now there's a new kid on the block. My problem is man u love him, he clearly loves himself, he might be the next Pele and whoop-de-do he's bessies with pogba and lingaard - so fucking what. I hope in some way he tears the championship a new one, but so what if he does, will he fall in love with Villa? No matter if he does,we might want to marry him but he's on a trial separation and his girl is way more attractive than villa. So he fecks off at season's end. Meanwhile the average girl who always fancied you, would do anything and still loves you ( Bjarnasson) actually turns out to be not only fecking hot but wants you for the long run
Ok so I know this sounds like an episode of Black Mirror but what I'm trying to say is We dont need Tuanzebe we need Bjarnasson cos although he's only average in the sack he'll love us long time.
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 am

Oh and by the way where the fuck is Trotters?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:23 am

Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:24 am

The Tuanzebe deal has been in place for a while, we were never going to call it off just because Bjarnason has had one and half decent games, against Barnsley in which he wasn't amazing but steady enough, and the second half against Forest, If he continues to improve, he'll get plenty of game time.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:55 am

Personally I hope both him and Onomah suffer injuries and are out for the next 6 months. It would be far better for AVFC if we had our own players getting experience than some loanee from the PL.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 am

If players aren't good enough to get in our side ahead of Tuanzebe and Onomah whilst in the Championship, then chances are they won't be good enough for us in the Premier league should we get there, youngsters aside who are still developing, getting out of this division is all I care about.

Besides Onomah isn't even getting in the team at the moment his place has been taken by Grealish, who has been getting a lot of praise for his recent form and rightly so, but when Onomah has been at his best he hasn't been far off that level.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm bored of seeing people say we shouldn't loan Tunazebe and should play the kids from our academy. 

Let's have a look at the top contenders:
Suliman - isn't good enough and isn't close to the 1st team at all. Is being linked with a loan move away.
Beadeu - could barely get a game in an average League 1 side last season, no closer to the 1st team than Suliman.
Borg - a LB
Clarke - a RB

The only argument against the Tuanzebe signing is the recent performances of Elphick. Now while he has played well and has been an absolute professional, he's played well in 2 games. Before that not a single Villa fan wanted him anywhere near the team. It's not like Luke Young where MoN insisted on playing Cuellar out of position over him, Elphick lost his place. Yes I think he's done well in 2 games and deserves to be in contention but if he wants to be playing week in week out then letting him go for a fee and getting Tuanzebe  in as cover for the season makes sense. Especially if he can also offer cover for midfield if needed.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm

All of Bedeau, Clarke and Suliman are still highly regarded players by the club, but it's more about their potential rather than what they can offer presently. Bedeau was still seventeen up until a few weeks ago, he's got plenty of time, as have Suliman and Clarke, let them go on loan, get some experience.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't have a problem with tuanzebe per se, i have a problem with loans, i really do. I get we've profited by Johnstone's loan and also Snoddy. I also know in a couple of games Onomah was the best player on the pitch and i hope Tuanzebe will be massive for us, but i think it also points to how reckless weve been spending-wise if loans are our way out of the division.
I guess I'd just rather we owned our own playing staff. But I can also see that we'd have to change personnel if we go up, so whilst it does make some sense to loan, I just really don't like it.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:14 pm

I agree both Snoddy and Johnstone has worked out, but there's a big difference between loaning senior players and unproven youths

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am

I suppose at the end of the day it is a means to an end and if it gets us promotion then it has been a success!
achilles
achilles

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next