The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:54 pm

I doubt this will happnen before the season has finished, but Beckham wants him as the manager of his new Miami MLS team, according to Alan Nixon.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 am

Miami, huh? There'll be a new game on "Real Housewives" called Spot-The-Difference with Bruce sat next to Elsa Patton.
Trotters
Trotters

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Brucey slagged off on here for not being able to get best out of this fat sugarbag. Comments like " Bruce has fallen out with him coz he don't like him etc. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-striker-ross-mccormack-13938179.amp

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:45 pm

jimbop wrote:Brucey slagged off on here for not being able to get best out of this fat sugarbag. Comments like " Bruce has fallen out with him coz he don't like him etc. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-striker-ross-mccormack-13938179.amp

Just treat with the contempt it deserves!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 pm

One of the things that winds me up about Bruce is that he never seems to see what is barn door obvious, or if he is seeing it, he's doing fuck all about it. Often, circumstances mean what we've all been banging on about for ages force a change and guess what, improvement is made.
Case in point is Whelan. He's so fucking slow and ineffective. We can all see this, 30k at Villa Park can see it, in fact my 18 month old daughter could see it.
So why can't Bruce?
I would never ever wish an injury on any player let alone one of our own players, but bloody hell it's tempting to imagine that scenario and Bruce puts hourihane in or even drops onomah back or puts Jedi in and hey Presto, guess what, we improve! In fact I think Jedi in for Whelan would provide better cover for samba and Taylor who didnt set the world alight against Sunderland.
Come on Steve, earn your fecking money and wake up, Whelan is awful.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:07 pm

He's just a shite manager. I particularly like how we have two right backs on the bench, but don't have room for O'Hare or Suliman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:27 pm

He's just a shite manager. I particularly like how we have two right backs on the bench, but don't have room for O'Hare or Suliman. Hahaha hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:30 am

jimbop wrote:He's just a shite manager. I particularly like how we have two right backs on the bench, but don't have room for O'Hare or Suliman.  Hahaha hahaha

My lord you really are a child, from this point going forward I will just tell myself before any post that it’s a 12 year olds writings I am looking at and ignore!
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 am

Credit where it's due, the big man has totally turned things around despite seemingly being one game away from the sack earlier this season. Tough games lie in wait though so I just hope he can get us through them and continue this brilliant run.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 am

I always wanted Bruce and was delighted when we got him.

But even I wobbled and turned on him earlier in the season when things looked clueless, he's totally recovered and fair play to him
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:50 am

You can see how the way that Bruce sets up his team and plays won't work in the PL but at the moment it is working in the Championship and fair play to him but it is too one dimensional.
I think that Villa fans are getting excited about this particular run but realistically it is the minimum that we need to achieve if we have realistic aspirations of promotion and especially automatic promotion.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Bruce will get my seal of approval when we're in the automatic promotion places, until then he and we are underachievers.

Doing very well at the moment, but because of the bad start, and the way we've not turned up against the likes of Cardiff and Wolves, meansn we're in a position where we can't afford to slip up, and Bruce has to take responsibility for that.

If he gets us promoted, he will rightly deserves to part way with our best wishes, and his reputation intact.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:57 pm

I too would get rid if we get promoted. I'd actually try to go for Eddie Howe. The guy plays good football, is a young and forward thinking coach, and will have kept Bournemouth in the top flight for a number of seasons. Either him or Dyche would be fine by me just to try and settle in the prem again. I'd mention Silva aswell, but I wonder if some of the top clubs might look at him? If not then he'd certainly be on the list too.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Silva wouldn't come cheap, apparently Everton offered £10M in compensation for him, looking at them today, they should go back and offer more.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:39 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Silva wouldn't come cheap, apparently Everton offered £10M in compensation for him, looking at them today, they should go back and offer more.

What do you think about Howe and Dyche? I think we could get them once promoted. But are the board ruthless enough to pull the trigger? That's the question I have doubts about.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Silva wouldn't come cheap, apparently Everton offered £10M in compensation for him, looking at them today, they should go back and offer more.

What do you think about Howe and Dyche? I think we could get them once promoted. But are the board ruthless enough to pull the trigger? That's the question I have doubts about.

To be fair to the board, Bruce was certainly not first choice and someone else was approached who's name surprised me but he turned us down as he didn't want to manage in the Championship but it certainly could happen if we got promoted. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 4025243045
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

I think we'd have a chance of getting them if promoted, but I'd worry that they might be one club men, especially Howe, but they're certainly doing a good job at the moment. If we get to the Premier I could see Xia going for a big name to make a statement, but he seems quite loyal, so might give Bruce a chance.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Brucie I think is on a big bonus to get us promoted I also think he's been told it will be thank you Steve and good luck in your next adventure when we go up. I really feel he's been brought in for promotion and that's it

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Looks like Xia's trying to buy something in Spain, if it's another football club (unlikely), maybe Bruce can get a job there. If he gets us promoted they may give him a chance in the Premier, or even if we come close this season but don't quite make it, missing out due to bad luck or something, they might give him another chance in the Championship next season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Could well be that db. Good shout

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

If Bruce gets us promoted I wouldn't be against him being given a chance in the PL, he probably deserves it although I don't think it would work!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:11 pm

achilles wrote:You can see how the way that Bruce sets up his team and plays won't work in the PL but at the moment it is working in the Championship and fair play to him but it is too one dimensional.
I think that Villa fans are getting excited about this particular run but realistically it is the minimum that we need to achieve if we have realistic aspirations of promotion and especially automatic promotion.

Pretty much my thoughts @achilles - I'm still not convinced that I have the confidence in Bruce's tactical nouse for an on-the-spot plan B & there's a feeling that we're winning without impressing. Having said that I remember last season my brother (Brighton supporter) moaned about the Brighton performances in 80% of the games, so it's clear that you can get promotion whilst - on appearances - scrapping thru each game. What worries me is that even Bruce supporters seem to see him as a short-term appointment, which means that rather than evolving into a PL-ready club, we're set for another managerial dice-roll - & I still have post-traumatic stress from our last few years in the PL. It just isn't the way I hoped that we'd make use of this time in the Championship.

Still, Bruce has, one way or another, got us back to winning ways & I'll always be grateful for that.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:30 am

Yep it's good to see we are starting to build momentum.
Don't want to dampen the enthusiasm round these parts, McGrath knows we've waited long enough, but looking at December's fixtures, it will be a far tougher month than November.if were still 4-6 points behind second by then I'll start to believe.
It's probably still going to come down to who beats who in the top few spots. I can't remember if the remaining games against our nearest rivals are more home than away I'll have to look - I think Wolves and cardiff are still to take place at VP?
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 am

December's fixtures are tough, but if we want to go up automatically we just have to deal with it, that's why we've spent so much money on assembling our squad, that money wasn't spent so we could beat mid to lower table teams and then lose to every team around us; there can be no excuses tough games or not, if we drop significantly off the pace in December it will be a very damning reflection on Bruce.

Looking at the current top ten I think we've only beaten Ipswich, that needs to change, we should be aiming for double figures points wise, from December.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Well done brucey. Take a point there all day long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next