The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by achilles Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 am

Perhaps Lyden would be a better bet to replace Whelan, as Lyden had another good game last night and he is the captain of the U23's. Just wish Bruce would play some more of the youngsters to get some urgency (and excitement) into the team!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:19 am

Bruce is crap, end of. He has no track record of bringing young players through and he won't here. It's the same old same old, experience..........real man.........long season.........I've done it before........patience........impatient.........social media hysteria...........blah blah blah.
Can somebody put together a bunch of the post match interviews where he's told the reporter something along the lines of "we've got to put our hand up and say we were 2nd best today" , "that wasn't good enough" etc etc? There must be at least 4 or 5 of them now in the year he's been here. And then kindly put that video clip in Tony's direction and ask how many more of these interviews are we prepared to digest? Whenever we play anyone of any note we get turned over royally, sometimes it's not even anyone of note. We're monumentally average under Bruce in the 2nd tier of English football, I'm far from confident this dinosaur will get us into the top 6 in what is looking like a pretty poor Championship.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:05 pm

It's frustrating because we're stuck in a cycle where we do poorly but then he pulls a few wins out of the bag which saves him his job because the club hope that that's those wins are what kick starts our season, but rather than that happening we just go on another bad run again.

If we lose on Saturday the club really need to wake up and make the decision, that Bruce's brand of football isn't good enough to get us winning as consistently as we need to be if we're serious about promotion. They won't though, they're either too scared, or pally with Bruce, and have the excuse that it will only be the second defeat in eleven games.

I get the feeling he'll only get the sack when it's too late to save our season anyway. As it stands those running the club are doing a very poor job, I really hope things improve, otherwise we could end up being another Leeds/Forest/Wednesday, which would be totally unnecessary as we've had all the resources you could wish for to get back up.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 am

For me, the Blues game should be the deciding factor. Another lackluster performance, like we've seen too many times this season, and i would pull the trigger.

The results aren't the be all and end all for me now, its all about competing and putting in a good performance. had we have played the first 80 minutes, like we played the last 10 minutes on Saturday and lost it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as not turning up. And this has happened far too many times this season to just be a blip.
Wriggle
Wriggle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 am

I think we have a mixture of players at the club many of whom for one reason or another are simply not quite up for the fight.

Some are on the decline and so on the beach career wise a la Terry, Gabby and Whelan. Yes they have bags of experience and in Terry's case quality but are they really fired up to win promotion? Or just cruising through their last few paydays? They are both slow too in a division which is much faster now than it used to be.

Others are just players who arrived from smaller clubs where they were the big fish and are now struggling to find themselves in a much bigger pond. Hourihane (although we do see the odd flicker of form from him now) Hogan, Lansbury, Thor and a couple of others.

Then we have the youngsters who are learning and are probably our biggest hopes of a better future...IF we can keep them here.

We have the injured ones too who actually i feel could be the key to how this season goes. Grealish, Jedinak & Kodija (Who has not rediscovered his form yet after his long layoff)

So it's a kind of bag of allsorts really which all have good sides and also things which hold them back.... This is what i think we see on matchdays.

A lack of desire from some, confidence from others and sharpness from one or two is lacking too.

Having said that we have on paper a squad with enough quality particularly when we can get Jedi, Grealish (yes i know jury is out) and Kodija back up to speed.

So it's a conundrum really.

Will it happen? Only time will tell unfortunately but i think we will learn a lot about how far this group can go over the next few months although i predict it will be January before we see the best of them so it's all about hanging in until then

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 am

Dazzle wrote:Where’s jimbop?

I'm here matey, absolutely gutted as I thought we would win every single match this season, I really did Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:08 am

jimbop wrote:

I'm here matey, absolutely gutted as I thought we would win every single match this season, I really did Rolling Eyes

Ahh, good to see you again Jim. I had been looking forward to your observations on the Wolves game and Aston Villa’s display in said game. Just wondering what you thought were the positives that could be taken from the game? Which period of the game do you think we can look on and say we looked compose/assured/efficient? What about the technical side of the game, did you think we got it right, or if we didn’t were you assured by the resulting changes?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 am

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Ahh, good to see you again Jim. I had been looking forward to your observations on the Wolves game and Aston Villa’s display in said game. Just wondering what you thought were the positives that could be taken from the game? Which period of the game do you think we can look on and say we looked compose/assured/efficient? What about the technical side of the game, did you think we got it right, or if we didn’t were you assured by the resulting changes?

I think we were beaten by a very good team but a team that will also slip up, especially when the winter kicks in. I thought we were getting over run very early and brucie should of done something about that, It was obvious they were going to score. I think whomever finishes above wolves will be champions.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 am

Incisive.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am

jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I think we were beaten by a very good team but a team that will also slip up, especially when the winter kicks in.  I thought we were getting over run very early and brucie should of done something about that, It was obvious they were going to score.  I think whomever finishes above wolves will be champions.

So would it be fair for me to conclude that you could take no positives from this fixture? I think you’re kind of alluding to Mr Bruce making an error in not changing the midfield set up to counter Wolves dominance? If so I’d agree with you, I think he must have been watching a different game to everyone else? The positive I took was O’Hare in those last 10 minutes, it’s just a shame we didn’t see him either from the start or from half time onwards.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 am

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I think we were beaten by a very good team but a team that will also slip up, especially when the winter kicks in.  I thought we were getting over run very early and brucie should of done something about that, It was obvious they were going to score.  I think whomever finishes above wolves will be champions.

So would it be fair for me to conclude that you could take no positives from this fixture? I think you’re kind of alluding to Mr Bruce making an error in not changing the midfield set up to counter Wolves dominance? If so I’d agree with you, I think he must have been watching a different game to everyone else? The positive I took was O’Hare in those last 10 minutes, it’s just a shame we didn’t see him either from the start or from half time onwards.

yes ohare game time was the only positive I suppose and yes bruce was at fault. mate, I don't just back bruce no matter what, I bite at some of the absolute ridiculous comments on here sometimes, you must admit you know some of them I'm talking about but no more biting from me as its pretty obvious some of the comments are not real, just to ignite arguments (which they certainly got me doing) but I accept that's what forums do so fair play. for instance talksport, Adrian durham, its so obvious that what he's says sometimes is NOT what he thinks, it cant be but it get's the phones ringing. so fair play I say. no more biting from jimbop as there is no point biting at a false comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:18 pm

achilles wrote:Perhaps Lyden would be a better bet to replace Whelan, as Lyden had another good game last night and he is the captain of the U23's. Just wish Bruce would play some more of the youngsters to get some urgency (and excitement) into the team!

It's not just the Aussie connection because, frankly, Perth is closer to the moon that it is to Brisbane but I rated Lyden very highly on the half dozen-ish displays I've seen. I really want to see the lad given half a sniff. He'll take his chance, I know it.

AVTV only had 10 mins of the match on replay (it's a frustrating paid-for app) and Wolves had 9mins 30 of the ball so maybe I should be grateful that I didn't get to see it all.

Wolves looked the kind of side that could get in the top flight and stay there. We looked the kind of side that, if we were unbelievably spawny and got promoted, we'll be spanked every game and set all kinds of new records of shit-ness.

Ah well, this is a new weekend I suppose.
Trotters
Trotters

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:49 am

jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

yes ohare game time was the only positive I suppose and yes bruce was at fault.  mate, I don't just back bruce no matter what, I bite at some of the absolute ridiculous comments on here sometimes, you must admit you know some of them I'm talking about but no more biting from me as its pretty obvious some of the comments are not real, just to ignite arguments (which they certainly got me doing) but I accept that's what forums do so fair play.  for instance talksport, Adrian durham, its so obvious that what he's says sometimes is NOT what he thinks, it cant be but it get's the phones ringing. so fair play I say.  no more biting from jimbop as there is no point biting at a false comment.

here you go Dazzle, Don't care. Will be the same boring Steve Bruce shite. Hope we get humiliated 10 matches in a row. from a real villa fan, ye ok then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

jimbop wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

yes ohare game time was the only positive I suppose and yes bruce was at fault.  mate, I don't just back bruce no matter what, I bite at some of the absolute ridiculous comments on here sometimes, you must admit you know some of them I'm talking about but no more biting from me as its pretty obvious some of the comments are not real, just to ignite arguments (which they certainly got me doing) but I accept that's what forums do so fair play.  for instance talksport, Adrian durham, its so obvious that what he's says sometimes is NOT what he thinks, it cant be but it get's the phones ringing. so fair play I say.  no more biting from jimbop as there is no point biting at a false comment.

here you go Dazzle, Don't care. Will be the same boring Steve Bruce shite. Hope we get humiliated 10 matches in a row.   from a real villa fan, ye ok then.

Sorry, I don’t understand the gist of this
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:19 pm

I saw a comment on Bruce yesterday, that said something along the lines that with him, he's not good enough to get us promoted, but he's good enough to just do enough during the season to avoid the sack, i.e. he'll probably on average have us within at least six points of the play-offs, meaning the club will be too scared to get rid, and I fear there could be some truth in that.

The club should be more ruthless, a defeat tomorrow and the sha should be his very last chance.

He's got Grealish back now, a player who just after his injury, he said that we were building our team and game-plan around, so lets see how that goes.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Dazzle is only saying as it is
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

here you go Dazzle, Don't care. Will be the same boring Steve Bruce shite. Hope we get humiliated 10 matches in a row.   from a real villa fan, ye ok then.

Sorry, I don’t understand the gist of this

I just me following my response to you, I mentioned the stupid comments that are on here, like the above.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Now if Bruce wants to keep his job in the immediate future, he has to keep us in the top six, can't go backwards from hereafter.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 am

anyone reckon brucie is bullshitting again about gabby not going to be fit?? last years headline : 30 Oct 2016 - Gabby Agbonlahor has been handed a shock place in the matchday 18 as Villa take on Blues today

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 am

Might be worth putting him on the bench even if not fit just to piss off the noses!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:11 am

achilles wrote:Might be worth putting him on the bench even if not fit just to piss off the noses!

I thought exactly that, even if hes not gonna come on then just being on the bench will have them cacking it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:35 pm

So how long exactly are we gonna stick with this kinda football?

How long can a fat charlatan pretending to be a hoofball merchant be allowed to have us playing this fucking shit?

It's beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdale1 Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Joppe84 wrote:So how long exactly are we gonna stick with this kinda football?

How long can a fat charlatan pretending to be a hoofball merchant be allowed to have us playing this fucking shit?

It's beyond me.

FFS I don't post very often but for once give it a rest, either get behind your team or go support another team.
gdale1
gdale1

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:17 pm

gdale1 wrote:

It's beyond me.

FFS I don't post very often but for once give it a rest, either get behind your team or go support another team.

Agreed. You can't make any judgments based on the derby
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:41 pm

gdale1 wrote:

It's beyond me.

It's got fuck all to do with supporting or not supporting your team. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, he's criticising the manager for the selection, tactics, substitution decisions - both who and when - and he has a point. And he's entitled to make it.

There were quite a few players who should look at themselves today because they were woefully sub-par but Bruce has plenty to be culpable for today. What the fuck was Onamah doing on after halftime? Why was Davies not on long before he was? In fact, why didn't Keinan start?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next