The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread.

+14
Karlos96
mordecai
Nix999
Mr Jones
Donnie Wyer
CTVillan
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villa_loyal
Goose
Richard E
Ron Dalian
Thinman
Trotters
18 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Predictions for Palarase

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 20

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Trotters wrote:I probably should have followed that up with a "LOL".
Splitter Very Happy 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

Back to top Go down

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread.

Post by Richard E Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:54 pm

So many factors making this a nailed on home win that you can guarantee a Villa victory. More confident now Gabby, Delph and KEA are fit. 1-0 Villa - Gabby.
Richard E

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Nice to see some optimism....

Maybe you are right...

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Feeling much more confident with Delph/Gabby/KEA available, us 1-0 them, Holt to secure his position in the pantheon of legends!
Goose

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Goose wrote:Feeling much more confident with Delph/Gabby/KEA available, us 1-0 them, Holt to secure his position in the pantheon of legends!

In fairness to KEA, he has improved a lot. Coming into this season I had more or less written him off. But he has become a solid first teamer. Fair dues to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:19 pm

I think we've lost pretty much all of our games without KEA.

It's a bit like a few years ago under MoN when Sidwell became our lucky mascott even if he did not look particularly effective on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:53 pm

And ginger. Never forget he was ginger. Just sayin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 pm

El Ahmadi has been very much like Stan Petrov. Slow to start, a bit all over the place and not short of his critics.

But he's worked very hard and now seems up with the pace of the game and I think should be a nailed on starter.

A few decent additions to a side playing the right formation (my formation is always the right one :)) and he'd be a star!
Trotters
Trotters

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 pm

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

From the Daily Mail

CRYSTAL PALACE vs ASTON VILLA: All the latest team news and stats as hosts aim to take further steps towards survival

Selhurst Park (Saturday, 3.07pm)
Big match stats:

Crystal Palace have won two and lost none of their four previous Barclays Premier League meetings with Villa at Selhurst Park.

Aston Villa have only won one of their last eight Barclays Premier League meetings with the Eagles, drawing four and losing three.

Palace have won an average of 1.35 points per game in the 20 Premier League games under Tony Pulis, compared to 0.58 in the previous 12 PL matches.

Battling: Mile Jedinak (right) and Crystal Palace have been in fine recent form in the Premier League

The Eagles need one more victory to equal the most that they have won in a single Premier League campaign (11 in 1992-93 and 1994-95).

There have been 11 penalties awarded in Premier League games involving Palace this season; only Liverpool games (16) have seen more.

Mile Jedinak is the only player to have reached triple figures in terms of tackles (105) and interceptions (112) in the Premier League this season.

Aston Villa have scored just six goals in the six Premier League games that Christian Benteke has played no part in this season.
Excluding Christian Benteke, Aston Villa’s squad have scored just 24 goals in 32 Premier League games this season (not counting own goals).

Crystal Palace are attempting to win three successive Premier League matches for the first time since November 1994 (four games).

Aston Villa have lost three successive games in the Premier League and could equal their worst run of defeats in the competition under Paul Lambert (four games in Dec 2013).
Trotters
Trotters

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:48 pm

Doesn't Bazz (Uncle Villa) have some kind of connection with that Jedinak chap?

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:26 am

Farrell_10 wrote:
Goose wrote:Feeling much more confident with Delph/Gabby/KEA available, us 1-0 them, Holt to secure his position in the pantheon of legends!

In fairness to KEA, he has improved a lot. Coming into this season I had more or less written him off. But he has become a solid first teamer. Fair dues to him.

Agreed, always think we look a more balanced secure unit with him in the side alongside Delph and Westwood. Gabby and Marc either side of Holt with Weimann dropping to the bench for me and and there's no reason we cant come away with the points. It's Crystal Palace and Tony Pulis, we're Aston Villa!
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:30 am

Goose wrote:Gabby and Marc either side of Holt with Weimann dropping to the bench for me and and there's no reason we cant come away with the points. It's Crystal Palace and Tony Pulis, we're Aston Villa!

Aye. This for me.

I'll be missing the game most likely, so hope that when I get back home I'll be hearing how we battered them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 am

Billy McBingo wrote:Doesn't Bazz (Uncle Villa) have some kind of connection with that Jedinak chap?

His wife is good friends with Jedinak's wife.

I think he's asked Jedinak to wear a TBAR t-shirt for when he scores against us. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:47 am

'Moan about this on thebellsareringing.co.uk' Very Happy

Of course hopefully he'll put through his own net instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:59 am

Given that one of the sources that told ipus about the takeover is regularly at BMH, I'm sure we can assume that most, if not all, of the players are aware and I wonder how this will affect the performances against Palace?

Could it be a case that the new owners are waiting until our survival is certain? 3 points against Palace would pretty much guarantee that and perhaps that is motivation for the players. Certainly the better ones.

Maybe it's a case that the shiitier players - and we've got them lined up around the training ground - realise that the buy-cheap policy is now over and they'll be moved on. Not much motivation there.

In every job I've worked at where a takeover is imminent, the mood hasn't been great (even when the boss is a completely prick and will likely be the first to go) so I don't imagine it's much different at the Villa.

Time will tell, of course. But either way, and despite my buoyant mood after hearing this news, I still can't see anything but a Palace win.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:42 am

We will smash them and then go on to rule the World.
And that is without a drink inside me. affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by villa_loyal Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Unfortunately I think we'll lose this. But oh well, away days are quality no matter how shit we are. Palarse's 'ultras' will be blown out of the water by the sold out away end!

I'd go with:

Guzan

Lowton
Vlaar
Clark
Bertrand

El Ahmadi
Westwood
Delph

Albrighton
Holt
Gabby

Subs: Steer, Baker, Bennett, Bacuna, Tonev, Weimann, Robinson.

villa_loyal
villa_loyal

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:07 pm

As far as 4-3-3 goes, that looks good.

But why don't you have Bowery on your bench? Bowery Man!!!!!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Goose wrote:
Farrell_10 wrote:

Agreed, always think we look a more balanced secure unit with him in the side alongside Delph and Westwood. Gabby and Marc either side of Holt with Weimann dropping to the bench for me and and there's no reason we cant come away with the points. It's Crystal Palace and Tony Pulis, we're Aston Villa!

Your last line there, that's what I said before we played them at Villa Park! Pullis has always been a manager we have struggled against (except last year at their place).I still think a draw would be a good result (especially in the circumstances outlined in Troy's post there).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Easy 3 points. Whats the matter with ya Very Happy cheers Crying or Very sad Flogging a dead hors Drink  Same as usual then. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 pm

I am a villa fan and you ask what's wrong?! The years have thought me to prepare for the unexpected!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:I am a villa fan and you ask what's wrong?! The years have thought me to prepare for the unexpected!
Farrell, old pal, we will win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm

This will be the first game I have seen in a while been working. But I shall be tuned in here in Thailand and expect us to get stuffed!! So come bedtime I will be celebrating an emphatic Villa win. This season was always going to be a rollercoaster and just when we lose hope the lads give us something to cheer. Lambert has his work cut out with the injury to Benteke, time for the lads to step up.

So I shall be sat here expecting a loss, hoping for a win, would take a draw.

Oh how I love being a Villa fan! Scarf Waving Bash Drink 
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:46 pm

I have this feeling that we'll lose. I don't know why... Well, years of cynicism as a Villa fan maybe... But I don't feel good about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:18 am

I really don't think it will take too much for Pulis to outwit and out think Lambert.
2-0 Palace.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next