The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Wookster Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Peter wrote:My suspicion is that RDM only engages on match days and so there may be a disconnect with what happens in training. But it is interesting that such an experienced group of coaches could lead to such fuck awful performances from a seemingly strong group of players on paper. Also performances appear to be going backwards. So personally I would sack RDM now and let Clarke take charge for now as I don't just want potato head for example as a knee jerk reaction

This is what amazes me, the coaching staff is probably one of the most experienced we've had since ol' pube head was here. I was expecting far better results in them that this horseshit we are seeing
Wookster
Wookster

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Gossip all over media that Matteo has been sacked.
Bruce to be appointed!!!!!!
Rumour mill in full motion. Bristol City manager also linked
NARLA24
NARLA24

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Pretty sad if true, not sure how I feel about it as I like rdm and wanted this to work.

My wish list if he goes is......... (not counting the top top managers that I know we realistically couldn't get)

1. Howe
2. Dyche
3. Wagner

Not keen on Bruce, but if he comes and makes it work then fair play to him.
4BetLite
4BetLite

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:08 pm

4BetLite wrote:Pretty sad if true, not sure how I feel about it as I like rdm and wanted this to work.

My wish list if he goes is......... (not counting the top top managers that I know we realistically couldn't get)

1. Howe
2. Dyche
3. Wagner

Can't see Howe dropping to us when Arsenal could come calling next summer?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Great shame that the new project is being derailed so quickly. However after watching us struggle to compete with a very ordinary side yesterday, one that contained 2 of our former youth players signed for peanuts, then something is clearly wrong and action is needed.

How many coaches do we have, not to mention a TD and advisors to the board and we still get clueless football? is it a case now of too many heads, too many divergent ideas, to much fan input via Dr X's twitter comments? Need a Shankley to shut everyone up, decide in a route and stick to it.

Replacement: Howe? Really? Went to Burnley and then went home again. Maybe a good young manager but I don't understand why he is fancied so much. Why would he come if not just for the money and do we really want that?

Dyche? See last comment on Howe.

Who else is there? As always the good ones have jobs and there is no guarantee someone from a 'small club' such as Bristol City could step up to what is still a massive club with a more demanding role.

Guess Wyness and Round will shortly need to earn their corn.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Round and co will be thinking today..

1. Do we go for a manager who has a certain philosophy that can take us forward?

2. Do we go with a proven veteran in this league that could potentially take us up this season, but wouldn't be what we need in the top flight?

3. Do we go for a young up and comer who is the flavour of the month right now and could do well with the players we've got?

I think Round and Wyness play it safe and go for number two which will most likely mean it's Potato head time. Because when you think about it RDM is a similar age to Smith, Wagner, Rowett etc and has already done what they are trying to do and more. So if he can't get us anywhere are the others likely to do any better? That remains to be seen.

All I'm saying is we seem to be cursed when it comes to picking managers these days. RDM on paper looked the perfect choice with his experience at the top and lower reaches of football, Remi had a good record at Lyon and was tipped to replace Wenger in the future, Sherwood was a good prospect who'd earned his stripes at Spurs and Lambert was on fire at Norwich and done a brilliant job there to get two promotions and keep them in the premiership. But they all fell flat on their faces.

We just can't seem to catch a break. We can't seem to have manager that does what Moyes did at Everton, what Pochetino did at Saints, what Bilic did at West Ham last season etc. There's no joy just more suffering and then we'll be calling for the next sorry fool to leave in six months time too.

I pray the next guy has some kind of "superpowers", because he's gonna needs them to get the jinx off this great club.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 pm

As for the absolute clowns calling for "Tim Sherwood"...LOL my McGrath they really a clueless bunch Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 pm

I think given the absolute rot that has set in here, we need someone with experience. Who could that be? Big Sam? I've no idea but it has to be a man capable of turning this entire ship around. Like Martin O'Neill, only not him.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Hope we don't go for 'safe & reliable' - nobody can promise that 100% so I'd rather wait on promotion & get someone who fires the blood. Given the money being invested in Villa as a club & a brand, then I'd also expect our owner to be dipping deeply into his pockets too. The RDM type was right in theory.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:30 pm

I hope we go for a 'full on manager' - no someone who gets the job because they are happy to work alongside round. We need a manager - not a glorified coach. Bruce or Allardyce for me.

Allardyce is probably a non starter, and wonder if Bruce would want to much control to put Round off.

If its Mcclaren we may as well pack up and go home.

I don't think now is the time for an upcoming manager - we need an experienced guy. This job is miles apart from managing bristol city or hudderfield.

smetro
smetro

The next Villa Manager - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:47 pm

If it's Bruce, I'm amazed given this week's news that he would even be considered; I know people are kicking up quite a fuss over what I understand to be an unsubstantiated list but - far be it from saying "no smoke without fire" - an exercising of caution with any of those names listed surely would be prudent at this juncture?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:07 pm

I really really don't want Mclaren, I can tolerate Bruce. However I both liked Sherwood, Garde and RDM, so I think my opinion means dick. I'll accept whatever.

Still think Rowett should be our main target.

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Hoddle Rowett for me
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Hoddle hasn't managed for 10 years!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:19 pm

none of the 6 previous managers have, Hoddle has so much knowledge
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:28 pm

I think we need to get a manager on the up. i.e. a young manager that has cut his teeth at smaller clubs, like JG did back in the day. If we can get one that very passionate about Villa, like Rowett or that Walsall fella I'm all for it. I'd accept anyone though, except Mclaren.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 pm

villajk wrote:none of the 6 previous managers have, Hoddle has so much knowledge

Well yes they have, but anyway why on earth would you be using the criterior of the previous six managers to choose the next one?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:42 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Pretty sad if true, not sure how I feel about it as I like rdm and wanted this to work.

1. Howe
2. Dyche
3. Wagner

Can't see Howe dropping to us when Arsenal could come calling next summer?

Doubtful that any manager will ever move directly from Bournemouth to Arsenal, he might come here then go Arsenal though. They will recruit one of the worlds best to replace Wenger.

Those are my personal choices and probably not realistic but I would hate one of the so so types....... ala bruce, sam and McLaren.

Its all speculation, Xia might be thinking that we agreed a 2 year plan and that the 1st 6 months will be crap and we must wade it out till the tide turns........ who knows.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 pm

We've got to be realistic my friends. Howe and Dyche are total non-starters because no-one is gonna leave prem football for a side currently ten points off the promotion places.

It will either be one of the usual suspects that have been named in the press or it could be an unknown who Round has seen in his travels as a coach IMO. First they've got to announce the sacking which will hopefully happen tomorrow and then let the games begin.

I'd imagine Round will have been drawing up a list from the time the "he's got two games more" rumours surfaced last week.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:15 pm

AstonThriller wrote:We've got to be realistic my friends. Howe and Dyche are total non-starters because no-one is gonna leave prem football for a side currently ten points off the promotion places.

It will either be one of the usual suspects that have been named in the press or it could be an unknown who Round has seen in his travels as a coach IMO. First they've got to announce the sacking which will hopefully happen tomorrow and then let the games begin.

I'd imagine Round will have been drawing up a list from the time the "he's got two games more" rumours surfaced last week.

I did say that its probably not realistic but thanks anyway.

Who knows how people think. Our situation is obviously temporary and even now managers of the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth might view a move to us as a step up the ladder in the game. It would undoubtedly bring a huge jump in pay and more prestige.... there's probably less then 20/30 managers working in the game worldwide who wouldn't like to have AVFC on their CV at some point in their career.

The whole idea is to bring in a manager to get us in to Europe and the usual suspects will never achieve that. We cant get someone in to dump them if we go up...(well, maybe we can Wink )

The doctor likes to make a bit of a statement with his appointments and he might surprise us with someone that might not have appeared realistic............ that's if RDM goes that is, I like yourself have been one of the last to turn on him and maybe the Doc will give him longer then we think.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:55 pm

4BetLite wrote:

I did say that its probably not realistic but thanks anyway.

Who knows how people think. Our situation is obviously temporary and even now managers of the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth might view a move to us as a step up the ladder in the game. It would undoubtedly bring a huge jump in pay and more prestige.... there's probably less then 20/30 managers working in the game worldwide who wouldn't like to have AVFC on their CV at some point in their career.

The whole idea is to bring in a manager to get us in to Europe and the usual suspects will never achieve that. We cant get someone in to dump them if we go up...(well, maybe we can  Wink )

The doctor likes to make a bit of a statement with his appointments and he might surprise us with someone that might not have appeared realistic............ that's if RDM goes that is, I like yourself have been one of the last to turn on him and maybe the Doc will give him longer then we think.

So why say their names in the first place? Might as well add Pep and Poch to the list as well then and just add "I know it's unrealistic" Very Happy .

I agree though Xia might want to make another statement with the next manager he appoints. Looking at the available managers out there from abroad there is LOADS of top class names he could turn to just to test the waters.

Marco Silva= A young, talented manager who's done well in Greece, Spain and Portugal. Was linked with Forest and Wolves in the summer

Vitor Pereira= Another coach with a good reputation who has managed Porto and Fenebache and has a great win ratio everywhere that he's managed. Was linked with Southampton in the summer.

Murat Yakin= Been out of work for around a year but at 42 he's a brilliant young coach imo. Done wonders at Basel, getting wins in Europe against Chelsea and Liverpool amongst others.

Dusan Uhrin Jr= Done wonders in Eastern Europe, winning leagues, competing in Europe and though he's managed several teams he's got a win ratio of 46% in 378 games.

Michel= Former Sevilla, Olypiacos and Marseille manager who started at Madrid B and plays good football.

I believe we could tempt Michel, Marco, Dusan and maybe Yakin at least. It all depends on Round's level of thinking tbh. Does he go the Southampton way or giving talented, foreign managers a chance? Or does he just stay on script and go for usual suspects who "have experience in this league"? We're gonna see what Round is all about here. I've sent a list of these names to the club to insure that they at least are aware of them. It will be up to them now to make that crucial decision. Personally I think the likes of Marco and Yakin could turn the whole culture of this club around so we could benefit in the long-term. But the target is instant promotion then could we really blame them if they turn to Bruce?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:05 pm

villajk wrote:Hoddle Rowett for me

Hoddle?! Fuck me sideways you get worse. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:07 pm

It will probably be Hodgson.

Maybe we should use reverse logic and pick someone crap.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Its all very well having a wishlist of fancy names but at the moment we are to anyone that outside Villa, a club that used to be big waving its history in everones face.

Yes, we've been shafted by the previous owner. He set in the rot with his austerity program that stripped us of talent.

Yes, we've have some some managers that have been unable to turn us round into the footballing giants that we all dream off.  They have also had the handicap of the owner not caring so long as we seemed to survive.

So the question is what do we want?

We need someone that can give this shapeless, clueless mob, a purpose.  They need a manager who can kick their arses and play like a team, not rabbits in headlights.

Promotion? Play-off?  I dont really give a shit at the moment.  I want to see a few Ws in the column and confidence on the field.

Is it a job for someone up and coming??
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Hoddle knows more about football than anyone mention ,ex players like Shearer say he's the best coach they have worked under imo would be good
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next