The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

+32
worcesterkev
Wriggle
WendyOz
Dions_Bald_Head
danclare82
DaveAV1
villajk
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
Wookster
gdav
Sky
FoxyAV
CoE82
VTID85
Boldfinger
Con
smetro
AstonThriller
KMitch
VillaBill
Saunders82
DomAVFC
Leafs1201
NARLA24
BillytheKid
avfc forever
The Utterer
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
avfcjay
Trotters
36 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Your predictions please...

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Then you also know the casualty numbers of the Bastogne siege. Lets fucking hope it's slighly easier to win this league lol

Back to top Go down

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by smetro Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 pm

1-3 Villa - Elphick, Gestede, Mccormack
smetro
smetro

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 pm

Yep we ground em to a halt tho, and moved on to win. Flogging a dead hors
Saunders82
Saunders82

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:06 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Barnstorming win for me

Love your enthusiasm and it must have cost you a bundle of money if you had a bet last season....you rarely seem to think we'll lose. Would love to inject some of that into the sugarbags that key us down so badly.
Trotters
Trotters

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:09 pm

Saunders82 wrote:At the start of the battle of the bulge in WW2 as the 82nd Airborne went into Bastogne they were told they would be surrounded, someone quipped "we're supposed to be surrounded".

Historically Aston Villa are always under estimated, I just love that, I say bring it on we will see what happens UTV.Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 3769219917 Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 3769219917  

Love this!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Because they are all teams. We are still a side with 11 individuals

But if you have better individuals than a "team" who isn't in their stride yet I think talent can be the key factor in the end.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:43 am

I just ventured onto one of their forums. General concensus is that their midfield will have far too much for us to handle and most are predicting an easy 3-0 or 3-1 win.

The signing of McCormack gave a couple of them pause for thought and some have pointed out the gulf in quality between the premier league and the championship and that RDM is a quality manager so we shouldn't be underestimated.

But in the main they expect us to be totally unprepared for how tough this league is and will batter us senseless.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:36 am

I'd agree with them Trotts except Elphick, McCormack, Gardner, Tish, Hutton, Baker, Westwood, Gestede are ALL battle tested in the lower leagues.

I pointed this out to a deluded Geordie I work wi5h who genuinely believed they would go the entire season undefeated and would stick 3 or 4 past Fulham - of Newcastle's entire squad, including the manager, only Gayle is tried and tested at this level
Hence their wake up call.

Going into the game we have the players and manager who know this division and how tough it is. I'd be disgusted if they weren't ready for the scrap
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:47 am

I know the geordies are as deluded as they come but your work colleague thought they'd go the entire season undefeated? Laughing Laughing Laughing

He must be on his knees praying to every god in the book that we get thrashed on Sunday otherwise Monday is going to be a looooong day for him!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:48 am

Several of them did. You should read their expectations on Newcastle Online. Rather funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 am

Trotters wrote:I know the geordies are as deluded as they come but your work colleague thought they'd go the entire season undefeated?  Laughing Laughing Laughing

He must be on his knees praying to every god in the book that we get thrashed on Sunday otherwise Monday is going to be a looooong day for him!

Scouser levels of delusion.

I've been fair with him, I think. On paper Newcastle have a great squad and a great manager. But no one who is proven at this level, they've got Gayle and Ritchie (forgot about him) who know the league but that's it.

I said to him that if Villa sign Hernandez wed have the best strikeforce in the division. Not according to him: Gayle, Mitrovic and Perez are all premiership class apparently. He even said, and I quote, "the defence is the best in the league. It's Premiership quality. Our whole team could be top 10 in the Prem." And he was deadly serious.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Benitez gone by Xmas. I'm expecting Newcastle to go up but, unlike knob head at work, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 20160811
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Trotters wrote:Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 20160811

Hope he's sitting in the stands. He can get the beers in
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:01 pm

https://vimeo.com/177819480

Tell you what. RDM is a fucking cool guy.

I love how he is very open about the clubs business. Surprisingly good at English as well. Very nice to hear him slating the release clauses as well. That the club should always be in a position of power etc. Top man!

Think I have a minor man crush going on. lol!

Excellent that he has the experience with the championship. He seems very aware how tough it's gonna be.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Joppe84 wrote:https://vimeo.com/177819480

Tell you what. RDM is a fucking cool guy.

I love how he is very open about the clubs business. Surprisingly good at English as well. Very nice to hear him slating the release clauses as well. That the club should always be in a position of power etc. Top man!

Think I have a minor man crush going on. lol!

Excellent that he has the experience with the championship. He seems very aware how tough it's gonna  be.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

I have avoided quoting you Joppe as you seem negative BUT you've hit the mark here about knowing how tough this league will be. RDM knows it, Elphick knows it, Gardner knows it, Baker knows it, McCormack knows it

Being prepared for fight matters
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:19 pm

We can't all be happy clappers. We gotta be honest about the situation we're in, that's not being negative. That's being realistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:58 pm

The question for me tomorrow will be whether Amavi plays and will RDM contrive to do my head in and pick Bacuna on the right wing?

My team would be..

....................Gollini.................

..Richards..Elphick..Baker..Amavi...

...............Gardner..Tish.............
...................Grealish...........
.........Green...............Ayew.....
...................Gestede...........

Word is Mccormack never played a game during pre-season so I doubt he starts. Adama has just returned to training so he's not gonna play either I suspect. Got a feeling it will be Hutton and Cissokho who start at full-back, Bacuna on the right and Westwood with Gardner...hope RDM proves me wrong.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 pm

I think that pretty much will be it Thriller apart from Bennet for Amavi i think bit soon for Amavi but would love to see him playing again though, McCormack Amavi and Hepburn-Murphy coming off the bench second half would be alarming for Wednesday!

Anyone know whats happening with Richards and Okore?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Will come down to how much they're willing to run tomorrow I think. We need 96 minutes of high pressure and fight. Which scares me as I haven't seen that from Villa in 6 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:19 pm

McCormack will at least be on the bench and could be a super sub for us tomorrow.

Roomed with Barry Bannan when on Scotland duty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkvIHJzmo0

Con
Con

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:21 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Will come down to how much they're willing to run tomorrow I think. We need 96 minutes of high pressure and fight. Which scares me as I haven't seen that from Villa in 6 years.

we can buy whoever we like but if they don't work hard they won't win a match.

that's presumably why De Matteo has been talking about "positive mentality." we need winners. and winners work hard because they know it's worth it because they're going to win.
Con
Con

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:10 am

I know it's the beer talking but I fancy us to get a win tomorrow. Sheffield wed are a well established top end championship club, but to me they're a bag of bollocks and we will smash them 2-0. Come on you lions !
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:27 am

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 Screen12
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Looks like our Doc had a busy night last night...

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 CpQcorFWgAAREH7

Scarf Waving
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:02 pm

VTID85 wrote:Looks like our Doc had a busy night last night...

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 2 CpQcorFWgAAREH7

Scarf Waving

Fair play to the man, can you imagine Lerner doing that, nope thought not lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next