The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

+32
worcesterkev
Wriggle
WendyOz
Dions_Bald_Head
danclare82
DaveAV1
villajk
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
Wookster
gdav
Sky
FoxyAV
CoE82
VTID85
Boldfinger
Con
smetro
AstonThriller
KMitch
VillaBill
Saunders82
DomAVFC
Leafs1201
NARLA24
BillytheKid
avfc forever
The Utterer
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
avfcjay
Trotters
36 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Your predictions please...

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap12%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap18%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap38%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap6%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap0%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap15%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap11%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 Empty Re: Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Lovely. And I was lying here about to go to sleep wondering what to dream about.

Guess that's sorted now. Ta.
Trotters
Trotters

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 Empty Re: Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by smetro Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Trotters wrote:I  largely agree with Smetro regarding the rebuilding and this is where Xia is possibly loading the gun that will shoot RDM  in the foot; on the one hand he is calling for patience as it's only been a short period of time since he's taken over but then he's also giving it a yahoo about new players being bid for and a possible exciting midfielder by Saturday.

It'll be hard for him to whip up the excitement level without simultaneously whipping up the level of expectation. He's going to find it difficult to not to sack RDM come next March if we're not firmly in the top 6 because the fans on social media with be asking the hard questions.

I also wonder (and I have no ITK info - nor Am I claiming any) if RDM hasn't been given a kick up the arse to get the new players in. They seemed a lot of dillying and dallying - we must get the right players, etc - then when we lost to boro .....Boom - Mccormack within Days - then XIA promising more - now promising one by saturday.

Probably nothing, but up until the boro defeat - it seemed a steady as she goes incremental approach - now the ante and the expectation has gone up a gear considerably. Good news in my book - that last thing we want is another plan. A serious crack at promotion is the minimum expectation - and rightly so - we are massive in this division - we should be blowing rotherham and huddersfield right out of the water next 2 home games - no excuses - just victories...
smetro
smetro

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:05 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
smetro wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
smetro wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I fancy watching that match one more time cause I'm sure that absolutely most of our problems comes from not having ANY presence in the middle of the park, and the fact that our fullbacks couldn't position themselves correctly to save their lives.

I'm not predicting promotion this year as it takes time to settle a team, but if we get in Jedinak or someone in that mold to partner Tshibola and replace Hutton and Cissokho, then I'd be far more content about our situation.

Stated aim is promotion - IMO if RDM doesn't deliver at least the play offs he won't be here next season.

Agree about the midfield - Can't quite see why RDM has only signed 1 midfielder.

It been suggested on another forum that RDM has big business interests back in italy - the amount of time he spends on this caused friction when he was at Schalke............

Yes he only signed one midfielder?? Funny that because every other team in the Championship finished their transfer dealings before Saturday?? Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 1327487109

First game of the season and we just lost our best performing midfielder in the week leading up to the game, even though Gana had told the management he wanted to stay and then back tracked using the stupid clause in his contract inserted by the previous regime. But hey RDM should have had his crystal ball out?

What has actually been stated by our owner and directors is we need to get out of the league in the next couple of years and we will obviously ideally like it to be at the first attempt. No one has ever said that it is the end of the road for RDM if we don't get up first time!

My post may seem annoyed because I don't honestly think any manager would have come in and sorted the mess at our club out in weeks it will take many months. If RDM does get us up this year then he will have worked a miracle. What I look at so far is that all the signings are decent none of your Tonev or Sylla types and none of your Richardson or Lescott types either. In fact we have brought the best player/goalscorer in the Championship for the last few years? So let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks eh?

You can't compare our rebuilding to other clubs. It (I think) was obvious that RDM had a massive rebuilding job to do - where as clubs that finished well placed in championship would perhaps only be looking to add a couple. We are starting from a lower base - ergo more needed to be done.

To early to say on the players signed - And I am pretty sure more will arrive shortly  (Tony has hinted a midfielder in the team before saturday). The Idea of phoning around the players asking who wants to stay, fair play for doing it - but any manager should know that its entirely different if a prem club comes knocking - offering a signing on fee and a pay rise - well most players will want to go.  

The Buck stop with the manager though - he is being backed massively by championship standards - there can be no hard luck stories (ie we've just lost our best midfielder) - Promotion or something pretty close to it , if not I don't think Tony will stand for any excuses.

Seem to remember Chris Hughton getting newcastle promoted after getting relegated in similar circumstances to our own - so it won't be easy - but it is very do able - we should at the very least be in the mix.

Midtable under the guise of team building or a 2 year project shouldn't be acceptable.

Well bringing in a load of players really worked last year didn't it?

We all know you think the appointment of RDM was a mistake but this kind of reaction after 1 loss is harsh?

We brought in the wrong players last year - what approach are you advocating ? - that we go with what we have ?

What reaction ? - I've said all summer we need lots of players - the sooner the better - Im not saying anything different after 1 defeat. Promotion at the first attempt is the stated aim of the owner - he brought RDM to do that job. I m sure RDM knows the consequences should we spend most of the season mid table.

smetro
smetro

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:53 pm

There isn't a Rotherham match thread yet and I can't be bothered to start one as it needs a poll etc so thought I'd just tag this onto the end of this thread for now.  Just to say Rotherham are being held 3-3 at present by almost bottom of league 2 morecambe.  Obviously no idea what the line ups are but although it looks like they can find the net that's against a poor L2 team and also means they have leaked 3 goals so far to a poor L2 team. Hopefully it's their full strength team and they'll be knackered at VP Saturday haha....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9