The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

+24
Boldfinger
danclare82
BillytheKid
gdav
TheVillansOfAston
andrew24561
smetro
The Utterer
avfcjay
De Kuip
Aston Phila
villajk
Synopsis
4BetLite
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
Peter
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
AstonThriller
28 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by AstonThriller Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Li's links to Wolves are a lot stronger than our links to Ellison ever were. Plus that Marca article only said that the takeover has failed to get of the ground, i.e pointing out that it's dragging on rather than it collapsing. And that was said in relation to Lopetegui maybe taking the Spain job and not waiting for Wolves.

If he does buy them they could be become big very fast, they'll have the money, I know there's FFP, but money always helps one way or another, and with Li owning Baidu that will give them a massive advantage, in becoming big in China and drawing in big sponsorship deals.

As for Xia we just don't know yet.

How is their links to Li any more believable than ours to Ellison? We had articles like THIS and THIS indicating that talks were taking place. The Li links to Wolves may be strong but the fact is nothing has been confirmed on either Li or Wolves's side.

Furthermore HERE the Marca article in question and the headline clearly says "Wolves move fails to materialise". So I'd say that's pretty clear cut. Whether that is the case remains to be seen but with the silence around the club and Li already buying Milan I'm not sure i'd be putting money on it.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by KMitch Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:45 am

Lol... Marca is the Sun of Spain, and is just as reliable... Nothing to see here, folks.
KMitch
KMitch

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 pm

KMitch wrote:Lol...  Marca is the Sun of Spain, and is just as reliable...  Nothing to see here, folks.

The same "sun" who got our takeover right? Ok then.. Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:50 am

I've always liked Wolves so good luck to them.

Plus they hate the scum and the boggies - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Having said that I did get a right kicking from Wolves fans back in the day lol!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:06 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
KMitch wrote:Lol...  Marca is the Sun of Spain, and is just as reliable...  Nothing to see here, folks.

The same "sun" who got our takeover right? Ok then.. Very Happy

Meh... A broken clock is right twice a day.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:00 pm

It's the Fosun Group in for Wolves, according to John Percy. It appears that they're a seriously wealthy conglomerate.
deadbuzzardalive

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Haha, well it seems they counted their chickens too soon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/19/wolves-to-be-sold-to-chinese-conglomorate-with-ties-to-jose-mour/

So it's not Li after all.

avfcjay

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:58 am

Still not bothered, couldn't care if wolves get taken over by a billionaire I would still not give a feck. Villa Till I Die. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:35 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It's the Fosun Group in for Wolves, according to John Percy. It appears that they're a seriously wealthy conglomerate.

The man who owns that group was held by Chinese police for fraud. He's also worth just £3.2 billion apparently which is less than Mike Ashley. Now the company might be doing well but what company has spent millions upon millions in football? Not one thus far. Someone on twitter suggested Wolves could be a "Grenada" type of club where agent Mendes would send some players and if they do well sell them at a profit. Obviously until something is signed and sealed we don't know what will happen but this is certainly a step down from the original rumours.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Xia is not being given much credence when compared to the new Wolves owners in this report from Sky....

CLICKY

The guy behind this has been in Beijing for several years so presumably knows what he's talking about and is intimating that Xia is not on the same level and we should ignore all his big talk of being the biggest club in China etc. Says Wolves will be higher in the table than us in 10 years time basically.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm

He may well turn out to be right, but despite living in Beijing he doesn't seem to have any special insight, it just reads like he's basing his opinion on the fact that the Wolves owners are high up in the Forbes rich list.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:10 pm

That guy from Beijing has also been tweeting about how the head of Fosun has been questioned by the authorities more than once, then says he doesn't think he's dodgy but that he has enemies in China and that "you don't know what is around the corner"

Think he's a bit of an exaggerator personally. Wolves' new owner will likely push them onto promotion just like ours will but with the TV money in the premier league from that point the set up and structure sill be just as important.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Although It's fair to say that Wolves are being linked to an higher caliber of player than we are, but I guess they have to sign those players first. Xia has actually commented on the Wolves situation, but I'm not exactly sure what he means by it...

'Do u really know what the old Chinese story of "wolves are coming"means?'

That was his responce to a Wolves fan asking him if he was scared of 'the Wolves coming'.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:31 pm

The new Wolves owner only is only worth about 3.5 billion pounds or around that mark, Hardly City money is it? Also the outgoing owner has said the new guys have promised to invest "20 to 30m over two years"...so that's ten to fifteen million a season which is lower than what Derby spent last season (20m).

They've also missed out on the Spanish coach too!!!..which indicates that he may not have been impressed with what they were presenting to him? All in all from what I've read I don't think we need to be too worried tbh.

As far as Xia is concerned the proof will ultimately be in the pudding. So far can we really complain? He's brought in Champions league level staff, nicked a top scout analyst from Southampton, has a proven top class CEO and is looking to bring in a technical director shortly too. Thus far we've spent 12m with at least three more signings to come...I think by the end of this window we'll have spent at least 30m and to me that's more than fair when you're operating in the championship.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:48 pm

There's a lot more to the wealth of the Wolves owners than what they're personally worth. Fosun made 11 Billion last year, apparently that's 25 million a day.

I somehow get the feeling they'll be spending a lot more than thirty million over two years. Wouldn't be surprised if they spent that kind of money on a few players in the coming weeks.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:55 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:There's a lot more to the wealth of the Wolves owners than what they're personally worth. Fosun made 11 Billion last year, apparently that's 25 million a day.

I somehow get the feeling they'll be spending a lot more than thirty million over two years. Wouldn't be surprised if they spent that kind of money on a few players in the coming weeks.

Not a chance in hell Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:02 pm

It's not that laughable, the owners are rich enough, and even Championship players can cost circa 12-15M these days. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It's not that laughable, the owners are rich enough, and even Championship players can cost circa 12-15M these days. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Deportivo have a man who is as rich or richer than City's owners and they aren't buying everyone left, right and centre. Infact they just loaned Gil off of us. Oviedo, a Spanish second division side, have the richest man in the world as their owner and they finished midtable last season. So imo your reasoning is flawed.

They'll spend here and there but I very much doubt that they'll outspend both us or Newcastle this season tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm not fussed what happens at Wolves in reality, Xia is our man and i'm 100% behind him Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 3769219917

In Xia we trust Scarf Waving
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:10 pm

My reasoning isn't that flawed really. I'm not saying they're guaranteed to spend big, just that it wouldn't surprise me, given the wealth of the company that owns them.

And when I say big I don't mean Man City levels, although I'm sure if they had have bought us then there would be posters on here claiming we've hit the jackpot and we're going to be the next City.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:23 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:My reasoning isn't that flawed really. I'm not saying they're guaranteed to spend big, just that it wouldn't surprise me, given the wealth of the company that owns them.

And when I say big I don't mean Man City levels, although I'm sure if they had have bought us then there would be posters on here claiming we've hit the jackpot and we're going to be the next City.

When the owner is worth under four billion pounds then tbh I wouldn't have been shouting from the rooftops. The mystery surrounding Xia and co is ok with me because no-one knows his heights or limitations. But what I will say is when you're able to attract the sort of people he has while putting plans in place to buy feeder clubs it indicates to me that he's serious. Hell he's even started a new business venture under the Villa name Very Happy .

Last edited by AstonThriller on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm not saying that Xia is poor, in fact he or his or companies appear to be seriously wealthy, and that's not taking into account all this urban planning he seems to do with the Chinese Government, which if you look at Recon's and Xia's weibos, seem to be his main interest. I'm just saying that the Wolves owners are rich too.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:49 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm not saying that Xia is poor, in fact he or his or companies appear to be seriously wealthy, and that's not taking into account all this urban planning he seems to do with the Chinese Government, which if you look at Recon's and Xia's weibos, seem to be his main interest. I'm just saying that the Wolves owners are rich too.

Yes they are "rich" but in-terms of net-worth they aren't much better than Mike Ashley tbh. Regardless though we're both speculating anyway...lets just wait and see what transpires. Something inside tells me Xia has serious connections who are backing him...I just hope he can follow through with his promises.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:55 am

I still don't care about Wolves !!!!!!! they don't care about me all I care about is AVFC Dancing Banana Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:01 am

lol jeff

I hope they do ok and help us get the midlands back on the football map. The corrupt media assholes would hate that Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 2 1f600
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next