The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

+24
Boldfinger
danclare82
BillytheKid
gdav
TheVillansOfAston
andrew24561
smetro
The Utterer
avfcjay
De Kuip
Aston Phila
villajk
Synopsis
4BetLite
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
Peter
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
AstonThriller
28 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  Empty Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Just following the potential Wolves takeover speculation and I must admit I can't help but chuckle. "We're gonna be the second richest club in England!!..can you get your head around that?" I see the dingles say.. Many firmly believe they are gonna be the next City. Mind you the guy they are being linked to is apparently worth around 10 billion!!..the problem is he's also being linked with AC Milan.

What people don't understand is an individual's worth doesn't guarantee success or big spending either.

Carlos Slim Helu, the richest man in the world, owns part of Spanish second division club Real Oviedo. They finished ninth last season and never got close to promotion.

Amancio Ortega owns Deportivo La Coruna and is the second richest football club owner alongside Man City's. They finished 15th in La Liga and haven't even come close to challenging for the Spanish title....with their spending being modest at best.

QPR had Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and the stinking rich Lakshmi Mittal, who is one of the richest men in Europe, as owners and look at them?

Monaco's owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, worth 9.1 billion dollars at one stage, gave it a real push at first but like Randy he's reigned it all in and they are effectively a selling club now (see Martial)

They also seem to think these things happen over night!!..but as we know the due diligence has to be completed, then if a deal is agreed the fit and proper test has to be passed!!..so even if the rumours are true it would impact greatly on their preparations for this season.

I've seen Villa fans moan and say "why isn't he looking at us"? But imo what Xia has shown thus far really does bode well for the future....top class manager and staff...experienced football people at board level....looking to create a massive network of clubs to help aid us etc!!..I believe we've struck gold...it remains to be seen whether Wolves will as well.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  5_star11

Back to top Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 pm

I still have my doubts about Xia but have to admit that, so far, he's done well. And you're right, it's more about how smart you are with the money you have than the amount of it you have.

Xia would seem to be quite expert at forging relationships and surrounding himself with people who can bring him success (as opposed to Randy who was born with a massive bank balance but was utterly clueless).

Wolves? Good luck to them. Don't have any massive negative opinion of them like I do the noses. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Much like ourselves!
Trotters
Trotters

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:40 am

To be fair some our fans were speaking of the Villa takeover as being like the Man City one. Can't really blame Wolves fans for being excited at the prospect of Robin Li, buying them.

I'm not worried as I think Recon/Xia have the resources to do really well with us and will back the team financially to meet it's most immediate challenge.

I thought this was an interesting quote from Wyness...

“We’ve got an opportunity to be the best in the business.”

I don't think you come out with something like that unless you know that there's going to be money. He himself also pointed out that it would be foolish to make grand statements and not back them up.

deadbuzzardalive

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:18 am

Indeed that is an interesting statement and as you say, DBA, foolish to make unless he intends to do his part to make good on it.

Last edited by Trotters on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:16 pm

HERE is a takeover thread from the Wolves forum I've been looking at.

Here's a few questions I have...

1. Why Wolves? Of course we were on the market for a long while and Xia apparently beat off a lot of competition (Wyness hinted that another Chinese group were in as well who had Comolli lined up?) . But then you have Palace and Swansea who have just been taken over, Notts Forest new owner is waiting for the fit and proper test while Leeds and the Baggies are still on the market right now. The only conclusion I can come up with is because Wolves are the cheapest side to buy?

2. With Wolves's low revenue streams how would the potential new owners be able to spend big money without breaking FFP rules?

3. Wasn't the same agent "Jorge Mendes" linked with Xia/Villa recently? I wonder if they were the group Wyness was talking about regarding Comoli?

4. There are strong indications that Robert Li is part of the group buying AC Milan. So IF he does then buy Wolves will they be his main priority or Milan?

It's gonna be interesting to see. Personally I'm not sure that Robert Li is the man involved but all will be revealed soon I guess.

In closing what I would say is when you look at the records all across the European leagues, becoming a "City" or a "Chelsea" hasn't been done with teams in lower leagues. Our situation is a little different as we were still a premiership side when the deal was done and our whole set-up is premiership standard already.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Can't be any truth in it. I specifically remember being told on here that Chinese businessmen keep their wealth top secret. The fact Forbes list this guy as Cinas 4th richest person proves its total bullshit and is a clear sign that our guy is even richer!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:40 pm

If Comolli comes in with them then it's fair to assume that it is the other group that was interested in us. We can rest easy knowing that Lerner chose the right man for us over some known multi billionaire who wants to spend like crazy for success but doesn't want to build a theme park
Peter

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:11 am

Wolves are certainly an odd choice for a multi-billionaire to take over. Surely they'd want a model that has previous success to build on; that has a brand that's well known outside of the UK; that's in an area that could see it as the largest club given the right marketing.

As failed as the Lerner version of Villa was, at least the potential was massive. I just don't see that in Wolves. At all.

As @AstonThriller says, maybe it's because they are cheap. But then, a few million either way would be nothing for a man in the top ten richest list so why not push the boat out a little further and get something better?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 am

Trotters wrote:Wolves are certainly an odd choice for a multi-billionaire to take over. Surely they'd want a model that has previous success to build on; that has a brand that's well known outside of the UK; that's in an area that could see it as the largest club given the right marketing.

As failed as the Lerner version of Villa was, at least the potential was massive. I just don't see that in Wolves. At all.

As @AstonThriller says, maybe it's because they are cheap. But then, a few million either way would be nothing for a man in the top ten richest list so why not push the boat out a little further and get something better?

West Ham is surely the club to buy right now? Unless, that is, you don't want a ready made Premier League business and want to go about it the long, hard way.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:04 am

Bothered about Wolves ?

Nah utv Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:53 am

lol... Never bothered by Wolves. Every day, it looks more and more like Dr. Tony is the real deal. He's pulled out all the stops so far with his hires and it appears as if we're starting to make moves in the transfer market with the Italian keeper and the Reading midfielder. It's almost as if the Villa knows what she's doing for once. haha
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:47 am

No. It's a waste of energy - unless you're counting points at the bottom of the table!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:19 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:35 am

Doesn't make much sense to me, but not bothered.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:54 am

I'm also not bothered about Wolves.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Just googled who they are and nah, not bothered.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:40 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1434483/liverpool-could-lose-out-to-championship-side-wolves-in-bid-to-land-21m-rated-benfica-starlet-anderson-talisca/

The whole of football will be bothered by Wolves when this deal goes through.....!

Exactly the kind of story you would expect to see about your club if you had a multi-millionaire/billionaire owner that wanted to put your club on the map and make an impact (whether its true or not)

I bet Robin Li's Beibo isn't as informative as Dr Tony's though, that's the main thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:14 pm

It's one thing for a club like Villa who have suffered a near-death experience to attract someone above their current station but I don't expect Wolves to be able to tempt a player away from the likes of Liverpool.

If they do though then eyebrows might go up.

Still don't give a shit about them though.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Indeed, theres no point taking the piss out of excited Wolves fans when they're only talking about the same stuff that Villa fans were in the lead up to our take over, and some still are now, no one knows how any owner is going to run a club until they're doing it, however if that transfer does go ahead, and is followed by similar style signings I think it will put everything in to context with regards to owner wealth.

If Wolves do go on a spending splurge of City proportions and the spending at Villa is more of the same modest signings, then no doubt you will get the usual Villa fans trying to get on their moral high horse saying they're glad that Villa aren't (as of yet) trying to buy success or do things 'the wrong way' - whilst in reality they're crying on to their keyboards as they type it.

Good luck to them I say, the further the noses fall behind all the other midlands sides the better, now if only they could find Billionaires to buy Burton and Walsall too
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:32 pm

to be honest not a big wolves fan had to suffer when villa were poor div 3 bad times, would not like it if they got the better deal ,wolves have a good history Stan Cullis era ,
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Synopsis wrote:Indeed, theres no point taking the piss out of excited Wolves fans when they're only talking about the same stuff that Villa fans were in the lead up to our take over, and some still are now, no one knows how any owner is going to run a club until they're doing it, however if that transfer does go ahead, and is followed by similar style signings I think it will put everything in to context with regards to owner wealth.  

If Wolves do go on a spending splurge of City proportions and the spending at Villa is more of the same modest signings, then no doubt you will get the usual Villa fans trying to get on their moral high horse saying they're glad that Villa aren't (as of yet) trying to buy success or do things 'the wrong way' - whilst in reality they're crying on to their keyboards as they type it.

Good luck to them I say, the further the noses fall behind all the other midlands sides the better, now if only they could find Billionaires to buy Burton and Walsall too  
This for me Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  4025243045
NARLA24
NARLA24

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Let me go on record in saying I couldn't give a ring tail monkeys feck about wolves, and yes that is a ring tailed monkey !!!!!! utv Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Aston Phila Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Good luck to them. Wouldn't it be good having Wolves and Villa competing against each other at the top end of the Premier League? Scum and baggie fans would be so bitter haha
Aston Phila
Aston Phila

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Well the man who has been linked to Wolves has just bought an 80% stake in AC Milan. Also yesterday Marca had an article claiming the Wolves takeover is off so it's interesting times for the Wolves fans. I heard that there's rules against someone owning two clubs in European competition? Is that true? If so then I'm struggling to see how Robin Li could bring success to both Milan and Wolves when both of them couldn't be in Europe under his ownership.

I know football fans naturally get excited when links like this emerge but the Wolves fans have gone a little over the top tbh. People putting on bets that they'll "win the premiership in five years", another betting that they'll be in the champions league in four years, also saw some betting that they'll win the championship this season etc!!..I mean we were strongly linked to the 5th richest man in the world (Larry Elison) and I don't remember us getting that carried away Very Happy .

Right now we still don't know what Tony is all about!!..he showed a Journo 400M dollar cheque, put 600m pounds into an English bank account and claimed he was set to seal a deal for an American company worth over 3 billion dollars!!..all while he's looking to buy other clubs around the world to make them our feeder clubs. Right now I'd say things are looking good but the real judgement will be when/if we get back to the premiership...that's when I'd expect the serious money to be spent tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Li's links to Wolves are a lot stronger than our links to Ellison ever were. Plus that Marca article only said that the takeover has failed to get of the ground, i.e pointing out that it's dragging on rather than it collapsing. And that was said in relation to Lopetegui maybe taking the Spain job and not waiting for Wolves.

If he does buy them they could be become big very fast, they'll have the money, I know there's FFP, but money always helps one way or another, and with Li owning Baidu that will give them a massive advantage, in becoming big in China and drawing in big sponsorship deals.

As for Xia we just don't know yet.

I'm expecting the name of the 'Technical Director' to give us a big clue as to what the future holds.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next