The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

+24
Boldfinger
danclare82
BillytheKid
gdav
TheVillansOfAston
andrew24561
smetro
The Utterer
avfcjay
De Kuip
Aston Phila
villajk
Synopsis
4BetLite
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
Peter
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
AstonThriller
28 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Very active in the transfer market at the moment Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 2900886825
NARLA24
NARLA24

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by gdav Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:54 pm

I don't care about wolves but I do care about the lack of signings.
gdav
gdav

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:42 am

Walter Zenga Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 1f602 Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 1f602 Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 1f602

Oh well, guess they wont be troubling our promotion bid too much.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:14 am

BLIMEY!!.. has everyone looked at Zenga's record? Very Happy

Steaua Bucarest= sacked

Gaziantepspor= forced to resign due to poor start

Al-Ain= sacked

Dinamo Bucarest= forced to resign after a poor start

Palermo= sacked

Al Nassr= sacked early

Sampdoria= sacked early

Al shaab= forced to resign

He also hasn't lasted longer than two years at any club he's managed. His successes were in Romania and Serbia eleven years ago where to his credit he won the Romanian and Serbian leagues along with a Serbian domestic cup. In Italy he also saved lowly Catania from dropping out of Seria-A and then lead them to a midtable finish.

With the madness that happened with Ranieri I guess anything is possible. But at least the tinker man had had vast experience at the highest level. This guy's record is just dominated by sackings and resignations after several runs of poor results. Wouldn't surprise me if Mendes is behind this appointment because If they really have "massive funds" like the Wolves fans naively like to shout...why not get a top, proven manager like we have? and to think the Wolves fans were talking about AVB!! LOL.

I mean just look at the difference between our appoint and theirs? Champions league and Fa cup winner who has also managed in the German top division and has a proven record in the championship!!..and all of his staff have champions league experience too.

The proof will be in the pudding but If I was a Wolves fan I'd be concerned by what has transpired today.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:08 am

Top managers don't like to be dictated to. There's every chance this bloke will be to who he's getting and told who to play.

And we know how that sort of scenario turns out!
Trotters
Trotters

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:41 am

So the Baggies have just also been taken over by a Chinese group. Thankfully it's not the "Wanda Group" those clowns were lusting for, oh no, it's a modest group by all accounts.

What piss/s me if is you have prats like Richard Sneekes on the Franksy radio show claiming "Wolves owners are more wealthy than Villa's"...now you have this idiotic "professor" saying this on Twitter just now...

Prof Simon Chadwick
‏@Prof_Chadwick

New West Brom owner: Guochuan Lai.
Suspect he's frontman for larger/wealthier group of investors
On his own more Tony Xia than Wang Jianlin

And

Prof Simon Chadwick

From one of my reliable & informed Chinese sources: "Guochuan Lai? Never heard of him". Does indeed seem like Lai is more Xia than Wang.

What the hell is he and Sneekes talking about? Oh just because you don't have a f#cking clue about Xia's wealth that means you can talk down on the man? Just pathetic.

Thus far Wolves have spent 1m on some Iceland striker and the rest have come in via Portuguese loans from their friend Mendes. Nothing they've done so far has suggested they are there to spend million and millions of pounds.

Meanwhile the new West Brom lot claim they want to "continue the great work Jeremy Peace did and keep the same structure in place". Don't know about you lot but it doesn't sound like they'll be replicating City any time soon either.

Deep in my core I believe we got the best one...his connections with the Indian government, the staff he has brought in and the ease of which we have broken the championship transfer record with Xia saying he expects "three or four more to come in" tells me that this man/Recon mean business.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:47 am

I couldn't find anything online on the new Baggies owner - but I couldn't find much on Xia either. Means nothing! Getting info out of mainland China requires CIA levels of digging.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:55 pm

I hope someone asked Chadwick what he believes Xia is worth cuz no one I've read has come up with anything like a considered answer to this. Add to that it looks like Recon are at the front line of China's future then his wealth is only going to be magnified significantly.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:26 pm

So apparently the Benfica president was watching Wolves today? Heard it on Franksy's post match phone-in. When you consider Mendes is pulling the strings and they've taken a few Benfica players on loan and not signed them. Is it me or have Wolves simply become Benfica's feeder club? Suspect

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:33 pm

That Professor chadwick bloke is a weapons grade tool and spouts bollocks on every occasion possible. Must be a gynaecologist cos as far as I'm aware he's a professor of cuntishness.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:59 am

lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:25 pm

I see the "nutty professor" is at it again Very Happy

Prof Simon Chadwick

Wolverhampton Wanderers' owners Fosun controls biggest number of listed companies in China. Assets worth RMB 405bn+

And now the Wolves idiots are claiming they are "mega rich". Forgive me if I'm wrong but "controlling" a company doesn't mean you "own" a company does it? They have stakes in many company's yes but outright owning them is a different kettle of fish altogther.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Haven't heard it myself but people are saying Talisca has said solidly that he does not want to join a Championship club and that the deal to Wolves is off?

Bit of a blow considering the Mendes factor but even if the owners are minted they were probably setting their sights unrealistically high targeting him. Wolves fans on Twitter have rounded on him quite strongly...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Whether we like it or not the Wolves owners are very wealthy. Doesn't really bother me though as I think we'll be fine under Xia. And he's said that in the next few months the nature of his businesses will become more visible, after a series of acquisitions and mergers.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:25 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Whether we like it or not the Wolves owners are very wealthy. Doesn't really bother me though as I think we'll be fine under Xia. And he's said that in the next few months the nature of his businesses will become more visible, after a series of acquisitions and mergers.

Their owner is worth around 4 billion. That's what Ellis short was worth when he first took over Sunderland. The real money is from owners with 8 billion and above imo. Regardless though thus far all they've done is loan Benfica B players and spend 1m on the Icelandic striker. No doubt things might change but as I type things have been very downbeat.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Well i read something saying there owner was under investigation for fraud and the court suspended the case for the time being?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:39 pm

The businesses that they own apparently make a lot of money though. And that Icelandic player they signed is pretty highly rated, and I think scored on his debut. I'd say the mood at Molineux is pretty positive. Of course having owner wealthy owners doesn't mean to say that they're going to spend loads, I don't think they'll do a City but I do think they'll spend enough over the next few seasons to get them into the Premier league.

As I say though I'm not bothered as I'm satisfied that Xia is going to do well for us. And like I've said before I think the new Technical Director is going to give us a big clue as to the club's future ambitions, so have been looking forward to that.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The businesses that they own apparently make a lot of money though. And that Icelandic player they signed is pretty highly rated, and I think scored on his debut. I'd say the mood at Molineux is pretty positive. Of course having owner wealthy owners doesn't mean to say that they're going to spend loads, I don't think they'll do a City but I do think they'll spend enough over the next few seasons to get them into the Premier league.

As I say though I'm not bothered as I'm satisfied that Xia is going to do well for us. And like I've said before I think the new Technical Director is going to give us a big clue as to the club's future ambitions, so have been looking forward to that.

The new director will indeed speak volumes. Xia said he wanted an "experienced Technical Director" on Twitter recently. When I look at the field there's a very small bunch that come to mind. Marco Branca, Damien Comolli, Dan Ashworth and Andoni Zubizarreta. The first two would probably be the most realistic as Ashworth is still with the FA and Zubi might not speak English that well having only been a TD in Spain. Another name to throw into the hat though is Paul Mitchell. He was Southampton's talent spotter and Spurs nicked him when they appointed Pochettino. Today he's apparently resigned from Spurs so if that has anything to do with us then that would be a big statement as well I have to say.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Geez if we have somehow attracted Mitchell from Spurs and his mate Poschettino then that would be an amazing statement indeed lads lol for me Xia rocks he is just passionate ambitious and loves the club buys us players and gives a real shit about the fans and club, what more do we want or need? Scarf Waving
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:55 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Geez if we have somehow attracted Mitchell from Spurs and his mate Poschettino then that would be an amazing statement indeed lads lol for me Xia rocks he is just passionate ambitious and loves the club buys us players and gives a real shit about the fans and club, what more do we want or need? Scarf Waving

LOL we're for sure not getting Poch Billy Very Happy . But taking Mitchell away from a club like Spurs when we're currently a championship side would be a huge statement of intent imo. We already took a key man from Southampton (Andrew Stone) this summer and if Mitchell joins too then we'd have some significant figures from the successful structure Southampton have built which can only be a good thing I'd say.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Stone and Mitchell probably know each other quite well. Initially the rumour was that Technical Director was going to be a continental, but that was when two people were being linked with the role. Since Xia's tweet, it's gone up to three, so maybe Mitchell has come into the equation, might explain the delay as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:06 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Geez if we have somehow attracted Mitchell from Spurs and his mate Poschettino then that would be an amazing statement indeed lads lol for me Xia rocks he is just passionate ambitious and loves the club buys us players and gives a real shit about the fans and club, what more do we want or need? Scarf Waving

LOL we're for sure not getting Poch Billy Very Happy . But taking Mitchell away from a club like Spurs when we're currently a championship side would be a huge statement of intent imo. We already took a key man from Southampton (Andrew Stone) this summer and if Mitchell joins too then we'd have some significant figures from the successful structure Southampton have built which can only be a good thing I'd say.

LOL im sure we could have fit Poccy on the coaching staff aswell as Mitchell Wink agree though dude if we really want to build the needed foundations properly and developing our players as we grow helping us to grow then this is the way to go for sure, GOOD TIMES!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:00 am

you can't fault the thinking; we can't sign all the players but we CAN sign all the managers. Laughing

The group of TD's mentioned are certainly impressive. The next two weeks as a Villa fan is going to be good.

How refreshing and invigorating it is to read positive news and actually have hope for our future. The Lerner years will certainly be looked on as dark days if this continues.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:08 pm

So just a little update on our two neighbours down the road. Wolves have today got in YET MORE loan signings. A young left-back from Man United and yep, you guessed it, ANOTHER Benfica reserve named Ola John Very Happy . Now the window hasn't shut yet but according to the maths this has been their transfer dealing thus far.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson= 1m
Prince Oniangue= 2m
Silvio= free (was on loan at Benfica last season)
Helder Costa= On loan from Benfica
Joao Teixeira= On loan from Benfica
Ola John= On loan from Benfica
Borthwick-Jackson= On loan from Man United

They also sold influential midfielder Kevin McDonald to Fulham for around 2m so in essence so far they've spent 1m and have gotten in a bunch of loan deals. For a club who's fans like to scream "we're richer than you" they're certainly not acting like they are right now are they? Very Happy

Mendes's hands are all over this list and the more the days go by the more it's looking Wolves are merely Benfica's feeder club in order to give their B players some experience abroad. Mendes has ties with both Benfica and Fosun so it makes perfect sense. He must have said to Fosun.. "you don't have to spend much at all, just loan my players, hopefully get promoted within two years and then we'll all be laughing because of the massive TV money". Simple as that really. Gonna be interesting to see the Wolves fans reaction if no big money signings are made before the window closes.

Now to the Baggies. From claiming "Wanda is buying them" they've now been reduced to loaning Everton youngsters Very Happy . And Pullis has made it very clear that the new lot intend to keep a tight ship and won't be splashing cash around recklessly.

What happens over the next months and years remains to be seen but if I were betting my house on it I'd say our owner will be the one making the biggest impact come what may.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:41 pm

As my Baggies season ticket holder mate put it - "how can Villa spend £50m to get promoted but our new owners with Sky money won't sign £10m???"

As for Wolves: Talisca is off to Turkey. They've been linked with Balotelli. He'd be marquee no doubt but too much baggage for my liking.

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next