The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The EURO 2016 Thread

+31
avfc forever
mefromhere
villajk
jeffvilla
Dazzle
Fpuppys
Lammypaul
Con
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Trotters
4BetLite
The Utterer
Wriggle
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
VillaBill
DelboyVilla
smetro
FoxyAV
Rawlie
DomAVFC
Aston Phila
Jae1411
danclare82
Boldfinger
avfc85
gdav
Cha Ching
KMitch
thegaffer6
35 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The EURO 2016 Thread

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Remind me again why Turkey is in the Euros?
Because it's all geared to making money ?????
Boldfinger

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:51 pm

if you look at a map, Turkish territory includes part of geographical Europe. that's why they are at the Euros.

what a connection by Modric though. great goal.
Con
Con

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Con wrote:We will be out of the competition before we play Wales.

Wales draws or beats Russia
England loses to Slovakia

Table going into final game:

Wales 6-4
Slovakia 3
Russia 2-3
England 0

Slovakia or Russia beat out England to 2nd place.

We play wales next
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Great technique but shite goal keeping - I didn't know Guzman was Turkish.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm

danclare82 wrote:
Con wrote:We will be out of the competition before we play Wales.

Wales draws or beats Russia
England loses to Slovakia

Table going into final game:

Wales 6-4
Slovakia 3
Russia 2-3
England 0

Slovakia or Russia beat out England to 2nd place.

We play wales next

Thanks.

Someone has already told me and I replied that "the games come quicker than I realised."

Since you have not read the other posts I'll also restate for your benefit:

if England get any kind of result against Wales UEFA will be under a lot of pressure to choose their most bent ref for the game against Slovakia.

it will be a miracle if England get through the group stages with the bookies and all the national governments of Europe against them.

if England are still in the competition after that [Slovakia] game it would be a big boost for the Leave vote.*

It would be crazy to bet on England getting beyond the group stage.

* http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/679104/End-EU-rule-FINALLY-Leave-camp-take-19-POINT-lead-Britons-flock-Brexit
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Con wrote:if you look at a map, Turkish territory includes part of geographical Europe. that's why they are at the Euros.

what a connection by Modric though. great goal.

It's just a few percentages. Makes no sense. Australia would make more sense, and even that would be daft.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Israel and Kazakhstan are also European footballing nations and turkey have more claim than both of them
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:01 pm

I personally consider non of them part of Europe. Then again I don't even consider Israel a nation so I'm probably biased.

Poland got their first win though. They got a few really good players

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:49 pm

I think 5% of Turkey is in Europe - think I read that somewhere. ...guess it legitimises them as entrants. Just in case anyone thinks that my anti Russian feelings - well, anti the ones I've met anyway - mean I'm some kind of little Englander, I  just want to state for the record that all the Turks I've met have been great people - much rather have part of Turkey than part of Russia in Europe any day.
Anyway, back to the footie, looking forward to the Germany Ukraine game, be good to see which Germany turns up.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:59 pm

De Kuip wrote:I think 5% of Turkey is in Europe - think I read that somewhere. ...guess it legitimises them as entrants. Just in case anyone thinks that my anti Russian feelings - well, anti the ones I've met anyway - mean I'm some kind of little Englander, I  just want to state for the record that all the Turks I've met have been great people - much rather have part of Turkey than part of Russia in Europe any day.
Anyway, back to the footie, looking forward to the Germany Ukraine game, be good to see which Germany turns up.

Russians are an incredibly civilized people but I guess it depends which ones you meet. If you only meet Russian football fans then that's not a very wide demographic to make assumptions about all of Russia. It's like the French making assumptions about all English people on England fan behaviour in Marseille (which was probably provoked by agent provocateurs, with the aim of getting England out of the tournament before the EU Ref vote).
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Con wrote:
Russians are an incredibly civilized people

Couldn't disagree more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:56 pm

You cannot know very much about Russia then.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Russia is a great country run by great people, it is very ethical and has great human rights. It also has a great history of being a friendly none aggressive nation
Oh hang on a minute ............
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Con wrote:You cannot know very much about Russia then.

Exept working with russians, having business trips there, vacations and generally living in a country that shares a border with Russia. Nice try though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aston Phila Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Does anyone know a good betting tipster? I found a tenna today and i wanted to put it on a bet haha
Aston Phila
Aston Phila

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Boldfinger wrote:Russia is a great country run by great people, it is very ethical and has great human rights. It also has a great history of being a friendly none aggressive nation  

your hypocrisy is staggering. it's not as if the UK have not started any wars recently, like in Libya and Syria, and armed and trained terrorists there that amazingly then became the ISIS nutjobs. and then there were UK soldiers shooting civilians on its own streets not so long ago in Northern Ireland. and what about the people who have run our country? Blair the liar - weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? how about the warcrimes committed by British troops there? and don't get me started on Cameron and Boris.

It is shocking how the mass media has done such a job of demonising Russia that you no longer consider Russians a civilized people. That's f-king incredible.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Con wrote:You cannot know very much about Russia then.

Exept working with russians, having business trips there, vacations and generally living in a country that shares a border with Russia. Nice try though.

you call yourself an expert but you are not.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Aston Phila wrote:Does anyone know a good betting tipster? I found a tenna today and i wanted to put it on a bet haha

don't bet on England. the fix will be in to get UK out before the EU Ref vote - to puncture that flag-waving national pride that could provide an emotional swing to the Leave vote. imagine how many will turn up to the polling booths in their England shirts.

Germans look a good bet on tonight's showing.

they even scored in the last minute having been 1-0 up all game. their scorer was a defensive substitution for a forward who - wait for it ... - actually was played as an extra-body in central midfield where he could affect the game!!
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 am

Not all Russians are bad...

Trotters
Trotters

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 am

Con wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:Russia is a great country run by great people, it is very ethical and has great human rights. It also has a great history of being a friendly none aggressive nation  

your hypocrisy is staggering. it's not as if the UK have not started any wars recently, like in Libya and Syria, and armed and trained terrorists there that amazingly then became the ISIS nutjobs. and then there were UK soldiers shooting civilians on its own streets not so long ago in Northern Ireland. and what about the people who have run our country? Blair the liar - weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? how about the warcrimes committed by British troops there? and don't get me started on Cameron and Boris.

It is shocking how the mass media has done such a job of demonising Russia that you no longer consider Russians a civilized people. That's f-king incredible.

I agree with Con here. I was born and raised in England but lived a year in Moscow as part of my degree, absolutely loved every moment of being in Moscow and indeed in Russia. The vast majority of Russians I met were civilised, polite, welcoming people, but there are always the few (in any country) that spoil the reputation of the place. Furthermore, most Muscovites I came across were more polite than many of the Londoners I've come across! I too find it astounding how many people in this country swallow what our media say about Russia (not saying that the Russian media are any better than ours - they really aren't) when, in other situations, they intelligently question what the media put in front of them as they always should. Of course, the Russians have committed war crimes, and in the years to come even more evidence will undoubtedly be uncovered about civilians being killed by various countries' aerial bombardments of Syria, but there isn't a country in the world that can get on its high horse when it comes to war crimes; even the Swiss are guilty of bank-rolling and profiting from almost every European war since the 17th Century and the South Korean troops serving in Vietnam committed a string of mass murders in 1966 that made the My Lai Massacre by the American troops look like a tea party in comparison.

Still, back on the topic of the Euros and Europe, 80% of Russia's 146.6m population live in the European part of the country (officially classed as everything up to the beginning of the Ural mountains), so they have a greater European population than the whole of the UK, or Germany for that matter. All the same, I think England played much better than Russia and deserved to win the game in Marseille, Russia's ball control and retention in particular were poor, especially in the first half. I can see both struggling to get out of this group, while, on Saturday night's performance, Leonid Slutsky has a lot of work ahead of him to create a Russia squad capable of reaching the quarters or the semis in 2018.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am

I've worked all over the place and have had to travel to many countries. Moscow was fascinating, yet full of arseholes. Airport... arseholes. Cabbie... arsehole. Shop assistants... arseholes. Hotel... not bad. People at the consulate... arseholes (they were British but I'm gonna count them anyway). Women... extremely hot arseholes (except when they're not)

Yeah, fuck Russia and fuck Putin. Sooner he is out of the picture the better!
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 am

This is the Euro 2016 football thread!!!!!!!!
4BetLite
4BetLite

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:09 am

4BetLite wrote:This is the Euro 2016 football thread!!!!!!!!
To be fair 4bet it says euro 2016 not euro 2016 football thread and you can't deny that there's been as much off the field talking points as on it, regarding fan behaviour. Plus I think most posters have made a point then returned to the topic of football.
I have been as much to blame as anyone about mentioning my view on off field issues and to be honest I won't any more as that direction is fraught with the potential to never get a consensus or to simply upset people which I definitely do not want to do.
So, on a footie only topic; I'm going to say that so far - and maybe it's just me and I'm scarred from a season of watching such abject shit served up by Villa, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the quality of what I've seen so far. Germany have looked the best but were basically offered little opposition and even they were poor at times in front of goal. So far for me the few quality moments have been individual ones like Payet's trickery or Pogba's almost impossible goal line clearance.
Have we become spoiled by the tactical advances we've seen in club football at the highest level (not Villa!) Whereas international football is still quite conventional and set up around not conceding rather than winning, as for everyone except the hosts, they are all playing - in effect - a series of away games.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:49 am

De Kuip wrote:
To be fair 4bet it says euro 2016 not euro 2016 football thread and you can't deny that there's been as much off the field talking points as on it, regarding fan behaviour. Plus I think most posters have made a point then returned to the topic of football.
I have been as much to blame as anyone about mentioning my view on off field issues and to be honest I won't any more as that direction is fraught with the potential to never get a consensus or to simply upset people which I definitely do not want to do.
So, on a footie only topic; I'm going to say that so far - and maybe it's just me and I'm scarred from a season of watching such abject shit served up by Villa, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the quality of what I've seen so far. Germany have looked the best but were basically offered little opposition and even they were poor at times in front of goal. So far for me the few quality moments have been individual ones like Payet's trickery or Pogba's almost impossible goal line clearance.
Have we become spoiled by the tactical advances we've seen in club football at the highest level (not Villa!) Whereas international football is still quite conventional and set up around not conceding rather than winning, as for everyone except the hosts, they are all playing - in effect - a series of away games.

It is cool to debate all things Euro 2016, both on and off field, however, we must all be careful to avoid labelling entire countries as typical of the actions of so few that are there for none footballing reasons.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:57 am

De Kuip wrote:

I do wonder if this is down to the fact that the National managers are by-en-large the older managers from those countires. Engalnd's Hodgson being a case in point. So their tactics tend to reflect older style stuff rather than the new?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next