The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The EURO 2016 Thread

+31
avfc forever
mefromhere
villajk
jeffvilla
Dazzle
Fpuppys
Lammypaul
Con
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Trotters
4BetLite
The Utterer
Wriggle
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
VillaBill
DelboyVilla
smetro
FoxyAV
Rawlie
DomAVFC
Aston Phila
Jae1411
danclare82
Boldfinger
avfc85
gdav
Cha Ching
KMitch
thegaffer6
35 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The EURO 2016 Thread

Post by The Utterer Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 am

Sterling shouldn't be anywhere near that team. He looks way out of his depth and wasted numerous very good positions with really poor play and decision making. I agree it was crazy to have him in instead of Vardy.

I thought Lallana was extremely wasteful too in front of goal and finishing like that does not belong at international level.

Kane looked completely ineffective though i thought Rooney actually looked better playing in midfield than i've seen him in years for England.

Defence looked ok i thought but will have much tougher tests and all in all a poor result against a very poor Russia team who i think will finish bottom of that mini league.

As for all the trouble...well goodness me Russsia need to be booted out from the bits i've seen on the news...although i have no doubt that's only half the true story.
The Utterer
The Utterer

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:41 am

I always round up to the nearest inch too. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:56 am

Sterling was awful. Kane had little or no supply. The Russians were terrible when pressed in possession so why Vardy never came on I do not understand. Why oh Why is Wilshire in this squad and Drinkwater sat at home is beyond me?

Defo right the weakest link in the squad is by far Ole Woy!! Awful selections, awful tactics and awful subs. We will draw all our matches and go home at the end of the group stages.

The FA will be then forced to sack Woy but who replaces him? That's a difficult one? No English candidates come to mind at all!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:42 am

I totally agree on sterling and he should have been hooked for vardy far earlier than he was. Roy taking off Rooney for Wilshire was mental when he was controlling the game and then bringing Miller on just invited the pressure on to us. You're never safe at 1-0 and defensively we aren't good enough to hold on, at 60 minutes we needed vary on for fresh legs at their old defense and stretch them. Hodgson is squarely to blame
Jae1411

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:58 am

I thought England played really well & we should of been out of site at half time, I do agree though that Sterling was shite & Kane has looked Kerry Packered for some time now.

I couldn't understand why Woy took off Wooney either, the fat controller was wunning the show.

As soon as England went ahead Vardy should of been on for Kane, we will still get out of this group though im sure
VillaBill
VillaBill

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 am

Hodgson's decision-making is a national embarrassment.

It itsults the intelligence of fans to believe that a logical move, with 10 minutes to go, is to replace one of the fastest attacking players in the squad (Sterling) with one of the slowest defensive players (Milner) in the LWF position and then keep to the 433 system so that the slow defensive player is stuck out-wide on the wing, unable to effectively help at the back and on the attack unable to effectively expose the lack of pace of 30+ year old Russian defenders who need to press forward and leave gaps in search of an equaliser. Especially when you have the ideal hard-working, high-pressure, high-scoring forward (Vardy) on the bench.

After creating a few chances and half-chances in the first half and absolutely dominating possession in the second-half the team sat back more. Was this because the Russians played better in the second half or because the team were told to stop playing how they had been in the first half?

Something like: "Shame we failed to score even though we dominated from the 1st minute. In the second-half what I want you to do is sit back a little, let them come on to you and there will be space behind the defence to run into."

Akinfeev made a great save from Rooney but other than that in the second-half we did not dominate as much as in the first. Our goal came from a set-piece.

It seems to me that the England team often plays well despite, not because of the manager.

At least the bookies will be happy that England failed to win.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 am

I think we sort of did ok and should have won this match.

On a serious note, I am embarrassed at the tactical ineptitude shown by the bench and I am alarmed that we and other nations are showing the world that this great game has a growing problem off the field that seems to be resurrecting its ugly head again.

Its never really gone away but I think its heading towards newer and even uglier heights then we have known before.

Hoping all our good fans and even the idiots return home safe.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:57 am

Hard to believe that kind of neanderthalic behaviour is still going on in 2016.

I bet the french people - especially in and around Paris - thought this tournament might have injected a much needed party atmosphere that they most definitely could do with after the events of last November. A real coming together of nations to show the world that the beautiful game can foster beautiful communities.

But there's always a group of twats who, for some reason, believe that a squad of overpaid, overhyped, sports car driving, Briony wearing footballers who are about as far removed as you could get from the everyday man, are a valid conduit for expressing extreme political or xenophobic opinions in the form of violence.

sugarbags, the lot of them. I hope the french authorities accidently mistake them for terrorists and deport them to Syria where their hardness can be tested.
Trotters
Trotters

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:34 pm

UEFA are to charge Russia following the violence in the stadium. England fans have worked hard over the years to loose the tag 'hooligans' but it seems some countries are still in the dark ages.
I am glad that we are not to blame for this and I hope uefa hit Russia hard. If we were to blame we would probably be kicked out.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:41 pm

the violence overshadows what happened off the pitch.

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 Cks4AAwXAAEn-WY
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:50 pm

We are not to blame in this case. My mate is over there and said it was good natured until some Russian twats charged into people drinking and not causing trouble. Then there were all the marseille ultras fighting and also scrapping with the police and then we saw the scenes in the ground and after. I've never met a Russian I didn't think was an ignorant fuckwit and I've met a few. I've also had the misfortune to have a run in with a couple in Barcelona and they were as pig fucking ignorant as the ones I'd met via work. Horrible people.
Anyway, match wise, pretty much agree with most of the comments above especially regarding Stirling. It's like playing with 10 men if you were only to look at the final ball. It's like watching Forrest Gump - boy's just a runnin' fool.
Does anyone else get the same feeling everytime watching engerland - that sense of the inevitable outcome as we spurn chance after chance - the certain knowledge we'll get sucker punched at the death. How many times have we all watched the same script played out?
De Kuip
De Kuip

The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:56 pm

We outplayed Russia and on another day we could have been 3-0 up by half time, yes last night letting in such a late goal makes everyone feel disappointed but if we play that well against Wales we will win convincingly.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:09 pm

We will be out of the competition before we play Wales.

Wales draws or beats Russia
England loses to Slovakia

Table going into final game:

Wales 6-4
Slovakia 3
Russia 2-3
England 0

Slovakia or Russia beat out England to 2nd place.

Last edited by Con on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:11 pm

Yes those Russian fans appear to be the highly trained racist right wing lot who were shown on tv documentaries a while back... basically just politcially motivated and deliberatley came to attack the England fans in some pathetic neanderthal type tribal "our tribe is tougher than your's" mentality... basically retarded humans.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Con wrote:We will be out of the competition before we play Wales.

Wales draws or beats Russia
England loses to Slovakia

Table going into final game:

Wales 6-4
Slovakia 3
Russia 2-3
England 0

Bale rested, Slovakia will beat Wales.

Really ?
What dimension are you living in ?
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Con I thought it was Wales next then Slovakia next Monday?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:16 pm

The Utterer wrote:Yes those Russian fans appear to be the highly trained racist right wing lot who were shown on tv documentaries a while back... basically just politcially motivated and deliberatley came to attack the England fans in some pathetic neanderthal type tribal "our tribe is tougher than your's" mentality... basically retarded humans.

leaders could have been paid by criminal syndicates to start something off.

big distraction from the game.

if not the game, it would fit the anti-Russian narrative that is so prevelant in the media unfairly demonising Russia.

every country has its fair share of idiots. what is racist is judging a country by its worst elements.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:18 pm

And also just noticed you have England on zero points. I swear unless I'm tripping we already have 1. Are you proposing that because we will be so epically shit,  UEFA actually strip us of our only point as punishment? Please elaborate. ....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:19 pm

De Kuip wrote:Con I thought it was Wales next then Slovakia next Monday?

that's right. the games come quicker than I realised. I knew that Slovakia was the game before the EU Referendum vote. if England are still in the competition after that game it would be a big boost for the Leave vote.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Con, disliking Russians is not racist - they are not a race. Russia is made up of several different races.
It might nor be palatable to you, but it ain't racist....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Con wrote:
The Utterer wrote:Yes those Russian fans appear to be the highly trained racist right wing lot who were shown on tv documentaries a while back... basically just politcially motivated and deliberatley came to attack the England fans in some pathetic neanderthal type tribal "our tribe is tougher than your's" mentality... basically retarded humans.

leaders could have been paid by criminal syndicates to start something off.

big distraction from the game.

if not the game, it would fit the anti-Russian narrative that is so prevelant in the media unfairly demonising Russia.

every country has its fair share of idiots. what is racist is judging a country by its worst elements.

Of course you do understand i was not referring to the Russian population in general i hope!? The EURO 2016 Thread - Page 2 226846862

It's just the ones who are still stuck in their tribal stage i was referring to
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:34 pm

The Utterer wrote:pathetic neanderthal type tribal "our tribe is tougher than your's" mentality... basically retarded humans.

Now this I agree with. Anyone that's followed Russian football and the Russian society the last 20 years will know that since Putin got into power it's developed this absolutely retarded macho culture that's strongly linked with right wing idiots. Nothing is worse than gays, black people and jews apparently, and the urge to prove themselves as men while doing absolutely stupid shit is the predominant way of thought. You only have to visit youtube to get the idea here.

What seriously annoys me is how these russian self declared tough guys attack sections of the English fans where you got families, kids and old people. I know this makes me sound no better than those commy twats, but I'd enjoy nothing more than take part in beating the shit outta them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:37 pm

if England get any kind of result against Wales UEFA will be under a lot of pressure to choose their most bent ref for the game against Slovakia.

it will be a miracle if England get through the group stages with the bookies and all the national governments of Europe against them.

on Russians -

Greater effort needs to be made to engage across cultural boundaries so while Russians should be criticised for bad behaviour we need to be more subtle about how we frame that criticism.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Con wrote:Greater effort needs to be made to engage across cultural boundaries so while Russians should be criticised for bad behaviour we need to be more subtle about how we frame that criticism.

Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Remind me again why Turkey is in the Euros?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next