The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 am

Trotters wrote:Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 Img_2013

That close enough for ya? Laughing

lmao fockin hell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 am

unreal some of the stuff I'm reading on here. 2 more games to go for RDM I really would do the deed now" Really what is more games going to show us etc its ludicrous it really is. some people need to give their head a wobble. not gonna read any more on here today as depressing as fock and quite simply mental comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:24 am

Trotters wrote:I'm dreading the game against the noses now.

As for RDM,. I agree Dan. He might get away with losing to Newcastle next round - although you have to look at our last result against them and ask why, when their chairman has effectively asset-stripped them while ours broke the bank. After that though, I don't think he'll have any place to hide when Tony comes calling.

Newcastle completely different, Rafa was there with the club for most of last season. there hasn't been a change of ownership or he hasn't got a completely new squad either

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:41 am

Not a completely new squad but lost their best players. And 5 of their starting 11 were new players. It isn't like they've kept the same XI from last season
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:48 am

Joppe84 wrote:I think your posts are very good AT, but if you fancy comparing things.. I'd compare how teams do after replacing such a big part of their playing squad as we've done. Like PDC with Sunderland

completely agree mate Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:52 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Not a completely new squad but lost their best players. And 5 of their starting 11 were new players. It isn't like they've kept the same XI from last season

lets get rid of RDM then mate,  what happens if the next manager looses 2 games out of 8 we get rid and start again and then again and again and again?? come off it mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 am

Joppe84 wrote:This is what I hate more than anything in modern football. The demand of instant results. Just ridiculous even debating sacking RDM.

We had the same problems with Sherwood, and quite simply you need a lot of time to settle down a new group of players.

Even Man Utd with their billion quid purchases aren't debating sacking Mourinho despite being shite.

matey again I completely agree with you (whats going on pmsl), ridiculous to talk of sacking RDM. like I said last week, some fans are unreal and some mentally unstable I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 am

Joppe84 wrote:This is what I hate more than anything in modern football. The demand of instant results. Just ridiculous even debating sacking RDM.

We had the same problems with Sherwood, and quite simply you need a lot of time to settle down a new group of players.

Even Man Utd with their billion quid purchases aren't debating sacking Mourinho despite being shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:10 pm

I'm not even going to entertain you. It's clear you think anyone that thinks otherwise is "mentally unstable" so you just go on thinking your thing and I'll go on with mine.

For the record, I'm not on the sack RDM bandwagon, I am on the RDM has a deadline to get results bandwagon. That deadline is only getting closer.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:14 pm

jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:I'm dreading the game against the noses now.

As for RDM,. I agree Dan. He might get away with losing to Newcastle next round - although you have to look at our last result against them and ask why, when their chairman has effectively asset-stripped them while ours broke the bank. After that though, I don't think he'll have any place to hide when Tony comes calling.

Newcastle completely different, Rafa was there with the club for most of last season.  there hasn't been a change of ownership or he hasn't got a completely new squad either

Benitez was with Newcastle for around 25% of last season. That's not "most" of the season.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:29 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I think your posts are very good AT, but if you fancy comparing things.. I'd compare how teams do after replacing such a big part of their playing squad as we've done. Like PDC with Sunderland

I tried to stick to what's happening in our league tbh. If you want to look outside of that then Watford changed manager and had a massive squad overhaul last summer which culminated in them bringing in twelve players in the summer and another four in the January window. In the end of course they stayed up comfortably. Also Dicanio wasn't a new manager was he? He saved Sunderland from relegation the previous season (one of his results that year was our 6-1 over Sunderland) and then totally rebuilt the following summer. So what Dicanio did was probably closer to what Sherwood did with us tbh rather than what RDM has done.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm not even going to entertain you. It's clear you think anyone that thinks otherwise is "mentally unstable" so you just go on thinking your thing and I'll go on with mine.

For the record, I'm not on the sack RDM bandwagon, I am on the RDM has a deadline to get results bandwagon. That deadline is only getting closer.

fair enuff I pr0obably used the wrong words and put it across wrong. apologies matey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:26 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

I tried to stick to what's happening in our league tbh. If you want to look outside of that then Watford changed manager and had a massive squad overhaul last summer which culminated in them bringing in twelve players in the summer and another four in the January window. In the end of course they stayed up comfortably. Also Dicanio wasn't a new manager was he? He saved Sunderland from relegation the previous season (one of his results that year was our 6-1 over Sunderland) and then totally rebuilt the following summer. So what Dicanio did was probably closer to what Sherwood did with us tbh rather than what RDM has done.

Well that's not comperable is it? Wasn't Watford just promoted? Thus they had a massive confidence and a very settled squad. Anyone coming into that club would come to a stabilized club. It's literally the complete opposite with all the signings we've made. We've gotten a lot of new sailors for a ship that's already sunk. Ofc. it's going to be a big job to salvage it. Sunderland under PDC is a very good comparison as they also signed a heap of players that came to an destabilized club and it also went bloody awful. They sacked him quite early (as their fans demanded instant results as well), but now they are back into the mire. There's no quick fix here. We have to stick with RDM and accept a few losses and draws until we click.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:

Well that's not comperable is it? Wasn't Watford just promoted? Thus they had a massive confidence and a very settled squad. Anyone coming into that club would come to a stabilized club. It's literally the complete opposite with all the signings we've made. We've gotten a lot of new sailors for a ship that's already sunk. Ofc. it's going to be a big job to salvage it. Sunderland under PDC is a very good comparison as they also signed a heap of players that came to an destabilized club and it also went bloody awful. They sacked him quite early (as their fans demanded instant results as well), but now they are back into the mire. There's no quick fix here. We have to stick with RDM and accept a few losses and draws until we click.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 pm

I'm not sure why but I like RDM and think we should give him the whole season, unless he really messes it up.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:10 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I'm not sure why but I like RDM and think we should give him the whole season, unless he really messes it up.

I like him and I don't think we are doing loads wrong but we are still doing things wrong consistently. When we announced RDM and Clarke I was so excited I peed a little.

But my problem with giving him an entire season is that if we don't go up we'll be putting all of our eggs into next season. If we aren't in the premier league by the end of next season we get his with FFP and transfer bans, fines etc.

A transfer ban means you can stick another 2 seasons on our stay in the championship. It's a gamble righting off this season if RDM isn't doing the business.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:18 pm

It looks like we're in the same boat as ManU:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37403310
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:24 pm

FoxyAV wrote:It looks like we're in the same boat as ManU:

sack jose NOW, hes shit, clueless, no tactical brain, FFS 5 games are more than enough, JOSE out JOSE out

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:54 pm

I am not in the RDM out group but I do have concerns over some of the on pitch decisions he has made thus far and think errors have been made that have no relationship to how the club was run last year.

There is in my mind no issue with questioning some of the tactics employed this season by RDM and his staff, that to me is only natural on a discussion forum.

Also if someone thinks he needs replacing, that's fine with me too as we are all entitled to an opinion. I also realize that it is very easy to react to certain comments and I think most of us are guilty of that.

For me too many of the dropped points this season have come from silly tactical errors on RDM's part and I hope he learns from this. I want RDM to succeed and I think we have a team good enough to go straight up this year which is a positive for me.
DelboyVilla

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:05 pm

jimbop wrote:

sack jose NOW, hes shit, clueless, no tactical brain, FFS 5 games are more than enough, JOSE out JOSE out

even fellaini is loosing the plot!! - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marouane-fellaini-claims-manchester-united-8868429

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I'm not sure why but I like RDM and think we should give him the whole season, unless he really messes it up.

I like him and I don't think we are doing loads wrong but we are still doing things wrong consistently. When we announced RDM and Clarke I was so excited I peed a little.

But my problem with giving him an entire season is that if we don't go up we'll be putting all of our eggs into next season. If we aren't in the premier league by the end of next season we get his with FFP and transfer bans, fines etc.

A transfer ban means you can stick another 2 seasons on our stay in the championship. It's a gamble righting off this season if RDM isn't doing the business.

Don't see FFP affecting us at the end of next season tbh, the good Dr could get one of his many companies to be our main shirt sponsor, what about the VicVilla company that was bringing out that energy drink in China, even a shit energy drink will make a fortune over there, all goes into the Villa finances.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Synopsis wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Don't see FFP affecting us at the end of next season tbh, the good Dr could get one of his many companies to be our main shirt sponsor, what about the VicVilla company that was bringing out that energy drink  in China, even a shit energy drink will make a fortune over there, all goes into the Villa finances.

Didn't they close that loophole?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

I'm talking about the philosophy of changing a manager at summer and bringing in a whole bunch of players. The dicanio situation is not the same simply because he spent time with the Sunderland squad during a season, assessed them and then changed them in the summer. RDM didn't have that luxury here, which is why the situation is more similar to Watford because they changed their manager and a lot of the players they had gotten promoted with were on loan.

And BTW I've already said we should stick with RDM until Xmas and then look at our situation before the window opens.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:03 am

jimbop wrote:
jimbop wrote:

even fellaini is loosing the plot!! - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marouane-fellaini-claims-manchester-united-8868429

Lol! Exactly my thoughts Jimbop!

We need stability now after years of huge changes. I have no doubt it will turn. The team barely know each others names for goodness sake.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:17 am

That's an interesting article considering many manure fans consider Fellaini to be one if the main culprits for their current run of form.

As for RDM, I've calmed down a bit since last weekend but I can see all that angst coming back with another couple of poor performances/needlessly dropped points in a row.
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next