The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+69
Justice league
AstonB6
shaun87s
UnclePanda
Barton82
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
Keyser Soze
Suits
Andyh
CoE82
Fpuppys
avfcjoe
Wriggle
gdale1
jvilla
Boldfinger
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
rosco77
andrew24561
Trysullvilla
Andrew Baker
hawk190601
shanghaivilla
Terry Derry
Olofsbeard
Wookster
worcesterkev
VillaSteve
NARLA24
LVBrit
lukevilla
Saunders82
danclare82
Sky
achilles
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
South London Villan
De Kuip
BillytheKid
bruka
Mooseman
thegaffer6
villajk
ember
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
Chrissylee1111
Rawlie
banneruk
Alf T
Thinman
4BetLite
gaffer85
ViewFromT2
Con
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
snakevilla
Dazzle
HarryAVFC
Trotters
Kakacroom
smetro
simbrenn
deadbuzzardalive
73 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Pretty sure that SQB brought in the present Man City owners. I don't think Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester is short of money either.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by simbrenn Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 pm

The more this is going on the more I think the deal is done .
It makes sense to wait till the end of the season to introduce a new owner and manager , and start with a clean slate .
If I was buying villa , I wouldn't want any association with the learner or the crap that's happened this season
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 11:07 pm

simbrenn wrote:The more this is going on the more I think the deal is done .
It makes sense to wait till the end of the season to introduce a new owner and manager , and start with a clean slate .
If I was buying villa , I wouldn't want any association with the learner or the crap that's happened this season

I think the opposite to be honest. A whole load of players will want to leave and we probably need to shift some to balance the books. New players need to scouted, U21's that can step up need to be assessed. We need a manager to do that - he needs to bring in his backroom staff, he may even need to move house. This weekend the championship season will be 12 weeks away - throw in the hiatus for the Euros - play a few pre season friendlies - those weeks will fly by.

If I were a new owner taking on this formidable task - I d want to get cracking straight away.for that I would forego the 'clean slate'

...tick..tick...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Mon May 02, 2016 11:35 pm

Anyone that thinks no takeover it's all bull I find that hard to believe , it's a dangerous game , randy blames himself , King says deal is close , Hollis says there deep into selling , King Bernstein resign I don't think there's any coming back for randy my bet is the 14 th of May or say that week will be sold and if not I bare not think what's going to happen ,
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Mon May 02, 2016 11:40 pm

smetro wrote:

I think the opposite to be honest. A whole load of players will want to leave and we probably need to shift some to balance the books. New players need to scouted, U21's that can step up need to be assessed. We need a manager to do that - he needs to bring in his backroom staff, he may even need to move house. This weekend the championship season will be 12 weeks away - throw in the hiatus for the Euros - play a few pre season friendlies - those weeks will fly by.

If I were a new owner taking on this formidable task - I d want to get cracking straight away.for that I would forego the 'clean slate'

...tick..tick...

To be honest I'd hope all of that started the minute we we're down . Although I actually think planing for the championship happened in January .
Players should of been scouted , and the club should already know about the ability of our u21's .
I think a manager is already in place , and sorting things behind the scenes .
It's all about perception , and new owners won't want to start of on a losing foot , Where some fans might expect instant results.
To be honest I'm quite pesermistic , and I'm just trying to come up with reasons to why it's taking so long, and this is the best I could come up with . The alternative is shit , but with what's been going on nothing would surprise me
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 03, 2016 1:08 am

I'm guessing a lot of the value comes down to opinion. Both parties might agree that the sale price should be assets plus income/cash on hand plus a value for potential.

But how do you define potential and, more importantly, how on earth do you define our assets?

The grounds are easy enough - a valuer will do that. But what about the players? Randy will say Lescott has a book value of x whereas any reasonable person will look at Lescott and realise he's a prick that's going to need paying out. Same goes for half the squad.

So is the price of the club £100m (what you see is what you get) or is it £100m after Randy has paid off the contracts for all the dickheads. Or is it a case of wait and see which players agents get their clients off this sinking ship and THEN pay £100m?

My guess that I list the fist team squad and ask everyone to value it, we're going to end up with wildly varying totals. And I'd go as far as saying that the people posting in here are far more qualified to value our players than anyone currently at Viila; Hollis knows nothing of football and Riley is a deluded fuckstick who is never going to admit that the shit he brought is worth less now than what he recommended we pay for it. You don't let a buyer dictate the value of your assets either so quite where we stand on that is anyone guess.

This may not be such a sticking point for a Wanda or Ellison but it sure as shit will be for a slightly less cashed-up local consortium.

Last edited by Trotters on Tue May 03, 2016 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Tue May 03, 2016 1:42 am

I would imagine a. Price of 75 million would be all in , then the new owners off load the high wage wankers and any other wasters.
But in my experience the shit heads at the top who make the wrong decisions , will cut all the lower wage employees .
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue May 03, 2016 5:03 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it's some like Mandarich. Would be devastating
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 am

The clubs high and under performing nobheads make for a rather unenviable liability figure on the balance sheet. Their liability figure rather dwarfs their potential sale value figure in most cases. I'd imagine that only players such as Ayew and Gana currently have any positive asset value.
Dazzle
Dazzle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 03, 2016 9:00 am

simbrenn wrote:
smetro wrote:

...tick..tick...

To be honest  I'd hope all of that started the minute we we're down .  Although I actually think planing for the championship happened in January .
Players should of been scouted , and the club should already know about the ability of our u21's .  
I think a manager is already in place , and sorting things behind the scenes .
It's all about perception , and new owners won't want to start of on a losing foot , Where some fans might expect instant results.
To be honest I'm quite pesermistic , and I'm just trying to come up with reasons to why it's taking so long, and this is the best I could come up with .  The alternative is shit , but with what's been going on nothing would surprise me

I hope its all been going on. But I suspect it hasn't. Randy's thinking maybe Im outa here - If not we can bang any old manager in a few weeks before the season starts.

Takeovers do take a while, and of course we don't know the starting point. Part of me thinks there is only fleeting interest - but Randy is sure he get buyer as he has reduced the price, perhaps what he has overlooked is that top whack for a championship club is £35-£40m - so £75m maybe a little optimistic.

I take all this 'going on behind the scenes' with a very large pinch of salt - when there is a serious buyer and a takeover is close you will know about it IMO.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by snakevilla Tue May 03, 2016 9:53 am

Peter Ridsdale has been spotted in the tropical fish shop in Perry Barr if that means anything
snakevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Tue May 03, 2016 11:15 am

snakevilla wrote:Peter Ridsdale has been spotted in the tropical fish shop in Perry Barr if that means anything

I have to be honest if it is to be fish related I was hoping for a fish called Wanda Laughing
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am

Peter Ridsdale has been spotted in the tropical fish shop in Perry Barr if that means anything

I heard O'Dreary was with him??? They offered a goldfish 75k per week to join them even though the owner only wanted 2.50 and a sprinkle of fish food per week???? They then opened discussions with an Angel fish asking him if he would work in a cold water tank for the equivalent of the GDP of Switzerland per week? Talks are on going.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue May 03, 2016 12:01 pm

In a couple weeks time when the season is over we will have a much clearer picture of what's going on I think. The fact that no new manager seems even remotely close to being appointed should give us hope. I'm personally hoping the Chinese prevail and we can start afresh with new ambitions and dreams ahead. Waiting till the summer for a new manager is also wise because you'd expect the field to be packed with much more quality than it is now tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 2:12 pm

I knew nothing was happening. Fucking knew it.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I knew nothing was happening. Fucking knew it.

Is it significant that when the journo's have something else to write about [Leicester] - then there's no feeble takeover news......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Tue May 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I knew nothing was happening. Fucking knew it.

is there still £10 off Villa season tickets in store now or was that just a one-week-only relegation special?
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

We're not going to get a running commentary of what's going on through the media. Most of the stuff that is reported is guess work, either to fill in the blanks or to cover themselves when it turns out that the last story written was a bad guess. The only journalist who seems to have any idea is John Percy and even he gets things wrong, most notably that a party went into due diligence last summer, which turned out to be false.

I can't believe I'm reading things on twitter and elsewhere like 'still no takeover news, must be a pr stunt to sell season tickets'. I think half the time people write stuff like that because they want people to reply back convincing them otherwise.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 03, 2016 4:24 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Thanks SLV. The boy has all the credentials and experience required. And he's already done the job before. Having brought Randy in, the least he can do now is ease him out again!

I find it very interesting that this guy could be involved in the sale. As others have said, he was involved in the sale of our club to Randy in the first place. He has been involved in some big deals (Man City etc), and landed a couple of duds along the way (involved in Venkys buying Blackburn for instance).

However, my guess is Randy would want to deal directly with him as he will know exactly what Deadly wanted in a new owner...and by all accounts (despite his reputation amongst a lot of fans) Randy wants to ensure the next 'custodian' holds similar principles and beliefs, aswell as a showing commitment local investment.

If this guy is genuinely involved now, then surely he must be negotiating the finer points with our new owner?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue May 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Any more info chrissylee
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue May 03, 2016 9:25 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're not going to get a running commentary of what's going on through the media. Most of the stuff that is reported is guess work, either to fill in the blanks or to cover themselves when it turns out that the last story written was a bad guess. The only journalist who seems to have any idea is John Percy and even he gets things wrong, most notably that a party went into due diligence last summer, which turned out to be false.

I can't believe I'm reading things on twitter and elsewhere like 'still no takeover news, must be a pr stunt to sell season tickets'. I think half the time people write stuff like that because they want people to reply back convincing them otherwise.

May I ask how you know it was "false"? Because the last time someone asked Percy about it he maintained that that was what happened. I do agree though that fans expecting the media to report on it every night are being a tad impatient.

The things we do know.

1. The club in the statement about board members departing said they are in talks over the sale of the club

2. Mr King then hinted in an interview that a sale could be close

3. Brian Little apparently tells a fan at the Bournemouth game that the "takeover is very close"

4. Steve Hollis tells fans at a recent meeting that he's speaking to three parties and will not appoint a new manager whilst negotiations are going on

5. John Percy claims a Chinese group looking to buy the club already have Damien Comoli looking at the structure of the club

We just have to keep calm guys and wait this out. If more news pops up this week then great but like I said I suspect it will all kick off once the season is done.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 pm

damn waiting, I want my take over and I want it now.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 03, 2016 9:53 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're not going to get a running commentary of what's going on through the media. Most of the stuff that is reported is guess work, either to fill in the blanks or to cover themselves when it turns out that the last story written was a bad guess. The only journalist who seems to have any idea is John Percy and even he gets things wrong, most notably that a party went into due diligence last summer, which turned out to be false.

May I ask how you know it was "false"? Because the last time someone asked Percy about it he maintained that that was what happened. I do agree though that fans expecting the media to report on it every night are being a tad impatient.

Howard Hodgson who was actually involved in one of the deals said that due diligence hadn't been granted, now I don't always put too much credence into what he says, as much as a nice guy he seems to be and everything, but as I say given he was involved with the process I'm inclined to believe what he had to say on the matter. That's not to say that a deal wasn't close or anything, just that the due diligence detail in the press last year was inaccurate. I don't want to put words into his mouth but I think I'm right in saying that Trent on VIllaTalk said something similar or at least backed up HH's version of events.

Even though I say Percy gets a few things wrong he's still the journalist who seems to get it most right and who I pay the most attention to. Lets see if he's got anything for us tonight. I'm sure we're only weeks away from hearing for definite if it's going to happen or not.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue May 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Just seems like deja vu to me. We went through exactly the same scenario in May 2015 but we let them get away with it because we avoided relegation and had a Wembley final to distract us.

Honestly believe we'll still be in the same position in May 2017.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Well it is Déjà vu in the sense that Lerner tried to sell the club last summer and is trying again this summer. Let's hope having Hollis on board and other factors sees to it that we're sold this time around.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next