The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Boardroom structure

+35
South London Villan
FoxyAV
bruka
NARLA24
KMitch
villajk
avfcjoe
Synopsis
danclare82
Terry Derry
banneruk
UnclePanda
mefromhere
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
VillaBill
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
Dgrizzle7
Sky
jeffvilla
prmort
4BetLite
avfc85
Villa_Dan
thegaffer6
CoE82
Thinman
Boldfinger
DaveAV1
Dions_Bald_Head
achilles
Saunders82
Trotters
smetro
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Boardroom structure - Page 6 Empty Re: Boardroom structure

Post by 4BetLite Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Reilly the cuuuunt
4BetLite
4BetLite

Boardroom structure - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:20 pm

So the resignations look unlikley to be connected to any buyer waiting in the wings.
As you bloody well were fellow villians !
smetro
smetro

Boardroom structure - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Someone on radio wm has said the reason riley is still there is his mrs is very senior in rhe villa finance dept.
Also said there is arguement about the valuation of the players - this could effect the sales as they are priced assets - heard that bacuna was listed at £10m for example.

Apparently the bit about rileys mrs is true
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Good grief! It's like being back at school Laughing Handbags!

Do you know what? I am actually well and truly done with this club until a new buyer is forthcoming! As for Randy's crock of crap....I'm OUT!!

Boardroom structure - Page 6 498107619

Last edited by The Utterer on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Bacuna 10m hahahahahahahahahaha

I'm an idiot, I would have shipped him on a free
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:25 pm

I want a banner saying "Kill the Liener"
fastbackace
fastbackace

Boardroom structure - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:20 pm

4BetLite wrote:Bacuna 10m hahahahahahahahahaha

I'm an idiot, I would have shipped him on a free

I think you'll find that's 10m Zimbabwean Dollars.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:43 pm

smetro wrote:Someone on radio wm has said the reason riley is still there is his mrs is very senior in rhe villa finance dept.
Also said there is arguement about the valuation of the players - this could effect the sales as they are priced assets - heard that bacuna was listed at £10m for example.

Are the club more worried about what Mrs Riley might say about the finances down Villa Park if they sack her husband?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 am

I don't think the well spoken King is likely to wife anything describing Lerner as a sugarbag.

I imagine - taking the huge leap any of this is true - that an email would maybe have stated that they were brought in under false pretences, the finances of the club being severely mismanaged to a degree much worse than they were led to believe, that Fox was a charlatan that should never have held that office and that much of this could have been avoided if the owner was more hands on.

Basically, saying it as it is.

The good news, is that if Lerner is so thin-skinned as to be offended by a silver-spooned King, the fan protests will be driving him to drink/depression/suicide.

Good. Time to get more personally with them.
Trotters
Trotters

Boardroom structure - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:06 am

achilles wrote:
smetro wrote:Someone on radio wm has said the reason riley is still there is his mrs is very senior in rhe villa finance dept.

Are the club more worried about what Mrs Riley might say about the finances down Villa Park if they sack her husband?

That is a VERY interesting point!!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Boardroom structure - Page 6 Empty E MAIL LEAK

Post by Alf T Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:50 am

IF --- Bernstein-King correspondence was "leaked" --- that means another or more recipients had to be in that email loop to "leak" it. That is, to actually forward it to the Randyman.
If it was a mutually closed discussion, between the two Board members, that means there is covert surveilance of private correspondence.
That is Serious.

Malky McKay at Cardiff, in his racist meanderings had all his emails eventually submitted to the FA by Cardiff's owner.
Bit-by-bit, they all came out and the guy is a football leper now - thank you God. Very Happy

So there is a precedent for an owner to gain access to employee correspondence. And neither the FA nor McKay raised a snout about that access.

It might not have been a "leak"...it may have been covert surveilance of employees, which is pretty strange to me.

I'll have to stop referring to our CEO as a 'banker' now Sad

Alf T
Alf T

Boardroom structure - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:10 am

I don't think it'd be a massive shock to find out a reclusive, paranoid billionaire had the company email server configured to copy him in on every email above a certain level. Especially considering who his best mate is on the board.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:44 am

The General's son has had his say...

" If you knew the entire story, and the actions of Bernstein and King, you might understand why thing went down the way they did. The offensive emails are the tip of the iceberg. I have long stated that I think RL has made some huge mistakes along the way and think he has more than his share of the blame in this horror story. How can he not? But there are two sides to every story and that is certainly the case in this latest episode; in this particular instance, I think Randy showed a great amount of restraint, believe it or not, prior to the firings resignations, and an equal share in the last day or so after these two showed their class by airing it all to the press. How some here on the boards can not read the tea leaves and see just what sort of men these two are for behaving in this disgraceful manner is beyond me. I suppose there is so much hatred of RL that they cannot see clearly, and I get that even if I think it is only partially fair, but if airing dirty laundry in the press does not say something to you about the egos of these two "men," I am not sure what to say.

This narrative that my father up and left when the going got tough is unfair as well - no surprise I would say that - the timing looked bad, but the reality is that he became the president of a college that was about to be shuttered and was close to $100 million in the hole. His remit was to stop the dam from bursting in a year and then get the college on firmer footing over the next two all while an accreditation group was standing at the executioner's block. He tirelessly traveled and spoke to all who would listen so as to raise money and get the college solvent. To say this took all of his time is not an understatement and this is why he left, plain and simple. It was certainly not because he was cowardly or felt shame in some way, which is a pathetic suggestion. Also, he has never been and will never be involved in football operations, so for those who think his presence on the board is somehow negatively affecting football decisions, this is not a role he fills, and rightly so.

I am not really going to say more about this, but I thought some of the comments towards him were unnecessary and I would simply say that the boardroom issues are more thorny than some have suggested, though others have been fairly close to the truth, but not nearly cynical enough about the actions of the two former board members"

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:52 am

He is going to be as one-sided as they come and for the life of me I cannot imagine that, as per the tone of his first paragraph, King and Bernstein were wording emails in such an offensive way as to have resulted in buttons being pushed to bring about their resignation.

We've all maybe heard the stories about how Lerner lost his shit regarding the Spurs chairman Daniel Levy. A proper expletive-laden rant apparently. That says to me that he's a petulant oik who is prone to having a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

I'm intrigued that the emails were the tip of the iceberg though and that "their actions" proceeding the resignation letters were....underhanded?

Fun times ahead. It'll be interesting if the media pick this up (hello boys!) to see if either King or Bernie have a public retort.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:07 am

The General should've had a wank wrote:"I suppose there is so much hatred of RL that they cannot see clearly"

Just fuck off.

And FWIW I'd take the word of a guv. of Bank of England and a FA executive over the drivel from the General, his son or any Lerner any day. You've been shown up to be loud mouthed, all talk no walk wankers the lot of you. Everyone of you had your chance and you blew it on every level. Now would you kindly fuck off. And when you get there fuck off some more.

Shambolic, patronising, embarrassing families the lot of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:17 am

So, just to clarify your position on this...?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:27 am

I'm sorry, but it takes some doing getting me seriously pissed off, but this kinda bullshit makes me wanna go to war.

It's Friday, I'm getting a day off, I've got footy with mates later on, then beers. We just landed a £ 10 million contract at work and I'm in a foul fucking mood. That takes some doing. Christ it feels like I need lisinopril

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:29 am

Lerner's little circle-jerk buddy and the kid who should've been swallowed can politely get to fuck
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:06 am

Can't say I disagree just go away and please don't come back!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:28 am

Hopefully the Generals son is reading this forum, for what it's worth. If you are, son, then you need to get a grip and take off those rose tinted RayBans. The involvement of Randy Lerner at Aston Villa football club over a decade has been nothing but disastrous for the club. Pretty much every decision he's had to make has been an unmitigated disaster, resulting in this historic and proud football club falling to a level not seen in decades, and now viewed in the media as the joke that doesn't stop giving. Over many years Lord King and David Bernstein have built reputations as extremely successful, honourable men. There is nobody lining up to label them as foul mouthed, underhand bastards, as you seem to be doing. Their reputations will remain intact, the common problem seen in all bust ups at Villa over the last decade is Randy Lerner. You only need look at the disaster of the Cleveland Browns to find, again, a common problem that links. Randy Lerner. So whilst I understand and admire your protecting and standing up for both your father and Mr Lerner, I suggest you digest all you are reading on forums such as this and relay the message to all concerned at your end that it's over, no coming back from this one. Do the one last decent thing remaining and sell up quickly so that both the club and yourselves can move forward with the rest of your lives and put this sorry decade behind you.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Boardroom structure - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:31 pm

I wonder if it's more than a sorry decade. Has Lerner owned any business that has succeeded? Or at least been better off than it was before he owned it? Genuine question, that.

I'm guessing he's made a mess of everything his Dad gave him. You could argue he made a fortune selling the NFL club but they weren't in any way more successful under him, were they? I'm only going off the "Factory of Sadness" video.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:00 pm

This looks to me like he's saying it's not Lerner's fault, which suggests it must be his advisors fucking it all up so magnificently.

Trotters wrote:The General's son has had his say...

" If you knew the entire story, and the actions of Bernstein and King, you might understand why thing went down the way they did. The offensive emails are the tip of the iceberg. I have long stated that I think RL has made some huge mistakes along the way and think he has more than his share of the blame in this horror story. How can he not? But there are two sides to every story and that is certainly the case in this latest episode; in this particular instance, I think Randy showed a great amount of restraint, believe it or not, prior to the firings resignations, and an equal share in the last day or so after these two showed their class by airing it all to the press. How some here on the boards can not read the tea leaves and see just what sort of men these two are for behaving in this disgraceful manner is beyond me. I suppose there is so much hatred of RL that they cannot see clearly, and I get that even if I think it is only partially fair, but if airing dirty laundry in the press does not say something to you about the egos of these two "men," I am not sure what to say.

This narrative that my father up and left when the going got tough is unfair as well - no surprise I would say that - the timing looked bad, but the reality is that he became the president of a college that was about to be shuttered and was close to $100 million in the hole. His remit was to stop the dam from bursting in a year and then get the college on firmer footing over the next two all while an accreditation group was standing at the executioner's block. He tirelessly traveled and spoke to all who would listen so as to raise money and get the college solvent. To say this took all of his time is not an understatement and this is why he left, plain and simple. It was certainly not because he was cowardly or felt shame in some way, which is a pathetic suggestion. Also, he has never been and will never be involved in football operations, so for those who think his presence on the board is somehow negatively affecting football decisions, this is not a role he fills, and rightly so.

I am not really going to say more about this, but I thought some of the comments towards him were unnecessary and I would simply say that the boardroom issues are more thorny than some have suggested, though others have been fairly close to the truth, but not nearly cynical enough about the actions of the two former board members"

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Krulak Jr., fuck off and die you wretched little cocksucker. We don't believe a word that comes out of your sperm-crusted lips. We don't believe a word that comes out of that blowhard, second-rate, sawn off Schwarzkopf wannabe that somehow brought your worthless being into existence. We don't believe a word that comes out of the mouth of that congenitally retarded trust-fund cuunt who is only capable of ruining everything he touches.

No, fucko, we'll stick to believing the words of the ex Governor Of The Bank Of England and a highly respected administrator who has decades of experience at the very top of the English game.
ember
ember

Boardroom structure - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Found where Joppe left off, ran with it. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down