The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Boardroom structure

+35
South London Villan
FoxyAV
bruka
NARLA24
KMitch
villajk
avfcjoe
Synopsis
danclare82
Terry Derry
banneruk
UnclePanda
mefromhere
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
VillaBill
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
Dgrizzle7
Sky
jeffvilla
prmort
4BetLite
avfc85
Villa_Dan
thegaffer6
CoE82
Thinman
Boldfinger
DaveAV1
Dions_Bald_Head
achilles
Saunders82
Trotters
smetro
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Boardroom structure - Page 5 Empty Re: Boardroom structure

Post by South London Villan Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:37 pm

When at Cleveland Browns Lerner hired supposed well respected but unproven people. A bit like Almstadt, Fox, Riley.

King & Berenstein would have said this is the manager you need, these are the players you need to get rid of, these are the players you need to buy, these are the players you need to keep & this is how much it will cost.

This manager will come in, you will need to act swiftly, and this guy Reilly has got to go.

Reilly probably said to Randy, that is bullocks, wait for the Championship play offs to be over we can get Bruce for half the price and he will only need half what they say, I have a list of players from FIFA 2015 on my I pad, trust me.

Randy listened, King & Berenstein with great pain and disdain, exasperated, resign.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Boardroom structure - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:01 am

Yep, thats pretty much my take on it, too.
Trotters
Trotters

Boardroom structure - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:11 am

I just remembered that Southgate was at the game recently. Now I don't believe he was there as a guest or a spectator or an advisor. I'm sure he was there with a view to taking on a role in the club so whatever happened yesterday wasn't a straw that broken a camel's spinal column. This was a recent and massive breaking of a promise.

I hope the leaks continue. This is far more exciting than our season.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:03 am

Trotters wrote:I just remembered that Southgate was at the game recently. Now I don't believe he was there as a guest or a spectator or an advisor. I'm sure he was there with a view to taking on a role in the club so whatever happened yesterday wasn't a straw that broken a camel's spinal column. This was a recent and massive breaking of a promise.

Maybe he's bought the club or won it from Lerner in a game of strip poker.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Boardroom structure - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:08 am

FoxyAV wrote:
Trotters wrote:I just remembered that Southgate was at the game recently. Now I don't believe he was there as a guest or a spectator or an advisor. I'm sure he was there with a view to taking on a role in the club so whatever happened yesterday wasn't a straw that broken a camel's spinal column. This was a recent and massive breaking of a promise.

Pretty sure he was there to watch Rashford with a view to the U21s.

However, sitting just behind him, between Doug and Ian Taylor was a guy I didn't recognise at all.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:21 am

Someone get a screenshot and we'll compare it to known photos of Micky Arison.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Pretty sure he was there to watch Rashford with a view to the U21s.

However, sitting just behind him, between Doug and Ian Taylor was a guy I didn't recognise at all.
It was the new Mr Bean.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Boardroom structure - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:32 am

Out of respect to Hollis I think King And Bernstein will not comment further, out of sympathy for Hollis, they should tell all.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Boardroom structure - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:37 am

It is a shame that, as a general rule, a Peer Of The Realm does not tweet.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 am

Does anyone know who this guy next to Doug is?...apologies if it is somebody that I should know...but I don't, so there!!

Boardroom structure - Page 5 Who10
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:41 am

Trotters wrote:It is a shame that, as a general rule, a Peer Of The Realm does not tweet.
No, but his Butler may do
NARLA24
NARLA24

Boardroom structure - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:44 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Does anyone know who this guy next to Doug is?...apologies if it is somebody that I should know...but I don't, so there!!

Boardroom structure - Page 5 Who10

I hope its a new goalkeeper.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:53 am

It's a shame he's not looking back at the blonde lady. For sure he'd looked like Arison then.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:59 am

They were saying on the news that Little and Bevington are both considering their positions carefully, I'm expecting them to resign by the end of the month
Synopsis
Synopsis

Boardroom structure - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:30 pm

What can one say that hasn't been said a thousand times, very dark times ahead indeed!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Wookster wrote:Bevington gone now

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david
 That shows David Bernsteins resignation but doesn't mention Bevington?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Boardroom structure - Page 5 Empty NEARLY UPTO DATE

Post by Alf T Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:14 am

This latest Pic of our board, needs some ammending --- sorry.

Pugh, Hugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub

Boardroom structure - Page 5 Trumpton6

Pugh and Hugh resigned at the Weekend.
Dibble and Cuthbert were sacked / dismissed 2 weeks ago.

Barney Mcgrew is going to stand on top of the Holte next match with a Villa/Confedrates Flag...just like 'Iwo Jima'
and is going to launch tear gas grenades into the 'customers not coming in.
Grub is going to watch Arsenal with his retained bodyguard in attendance.

That's as upto date as I can make it. 2 people missing I know Very Happy

Alf T
Alf T

Boardroom structure - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:09 am

South London Villan wrote:When at Cleveland Browns Lerner hired supposed well respected but unproven people. A bit like Almstadt, Fox, Riley.

King & Berenstein would have said this is the manager you need, these are the players you need to get rid of, these are the players you need to buy, these are the players you need to keep & this is how much it will cost.

This manager will come in, you will need to act swiftly, and this guy Reilly has got to go.

Reilly probably said to Randy, that is bullocks,  wait for the Championship play offs to be over we can get Bruce for half the price and he will only need half what they say, I have a list of players from FIFA 2015 on my I pad, trust me.

Randy listened, King & Berenstein with great pain and disdain, exasperated, resign.

Lets be honest though. - we are making £27m a year losses. If Bernstein and King were expecting a massive war chest to fund the rebirth of the villa that was never going to happen.

My expections have been driven so low - Bruce from Hull and the money from player sales wouldn't be the worst outcome IMO.

What I fear is Eric Black in charge, sell whoever bids come in for, fill the team with loan players and under 21's.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:38 am

Can't see us paying any compensation for anybody, we could easily end up with Black in charge by default!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:44 am

achilles wrote:Can't see us paying any compensation for anybody, we could easily end up with Black in charge by default!

Not sure - weve paid in the past.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:45 am

There is no boardroom structure, it's as simple as that. Hollis appointed men to fix the obvious problem, they came up with the solutions, Randy didn't listen and shelved their ideas immediately. It is clear that no new fresh thinking will be allowed, it's merely a PR gloss to give the impression that things are changing. Thankfully there were two men of distinguished standing who were not prepared to go along with the charade. The boardroom begins and ends with Randolph Lerner. We are fucked as we know it.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:49 am

smetro wrote:
achilles wrote:Can't see us paying any compensation for anybody, we could easily end up with Black in charge by default!

Not sure - weve paid in the past.

Yes and over the odds but I think that is about to change with our relegation and Hollis 'in charge' of reducing all expenditure.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36094976

The departure of David Bernstein and Lord King from the Aston Villa board was triggered by a bitter fall-out with the club's owner Randy Lerner.

Bernstein and King wrote to Villa chairman Steve Hollis on Monday, tendering their resignations with immediate effect.

It can now be revealed that their decisions were the result of a highly unpleasant exchange with Lerner.

After joining Villa in March and February respectively, Bernstein and King grew increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress they were able to make.

This came to a head when email communication between the pair, which included criticism of Lerner, was leaked to the US businessman.

Lerner responded with an email of his own that featured a stinging rebuke to Bernstein and King, which they felt left their positions untenable.

The incident was hinted at in King's resignation letter, which he started by telling Hollis: "You will be aware of recent communications between the owner of Aston Villa and members of the Football Board.

"Following these, I am sure you will understand that it is with real sorrow that I am writing to tender my resignation as a director of Aston Villa Football Club Ltd with immediate effect.

"I do not take this course of action lightly. As a supporter for over 55 years, how could I?"

Bernstein and King were stunned by the content and tone of Lerner's email - especially lifelong Villa fan King, given he has known the American since his takeover in 2006.

The Aston Villa fans have made their feelings about Randy Lerner clear at Villa Park this season

Despite their dissatisfaction, it is likely Bernstein and King would have stayed at Villa until Lerner had fulfilled his aim of selling the club. But the hostile interaction created a rift that could not be repaired.

King, a former Governor of the Bank of England, added: "It is no longer possible to carry out the role that I was asked to perform. When you [Hollis], David Bernstein and I were asked join the board, we were able to make a start. But progress has stalled."

Bernstein's resignation letter said: "I was invited on to the board to oversee a much needed review of the football side of the club including all aspects of operations at Bodymoor Heath.

"Following this I was to lead the implementation of this review and the ongoing management of football at Aston Villa. To this end a football board was created consisting of four people with considerable football and relevant experience. For this new structure to work it required all at the club to accept new disciplines, clear reporting lines and to adhere to the authority delegated to the new football board.

"Unfortunately it has proved impossible to implement the agreed structure and my position has quickly become untenable. The issues at the club are fundamental and the solutions are radical and do not lend themselves to compromise."

It is understood that Bernstein and King came into Villa expecting a far greater level of authority and autonomy than they ultimately received.

Their initial communication with Lerner was positive, but that changed when they set about implementing their plans and it is not clear whether the owner was ever fully aware of the exact brief agreed between them and Hollis.

The newly formed football board - comprising Bernstein, King, former Villa player and manager Brian Little and ex-Football Association executive Adrian Bevington - never actually held a meeting or discussion as a group.

Little, who arrived on the same day as former FA and Manchester City chairman Bernstein, remains in his role as an advisor to the board.

Bevington is thought to be deliberating over whether to continue his work with the club, who were relegated from the Premier League with defeat at Manchester United last Saturday.

Before Bernstein and King left, they presented Hollis with a shortlist of candidates to succeed Remi Garde as manager following his sacking on 29 March.

Villa say the managerial search "remains a priority", while Hollis is "currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the club".
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:12 pm

achilles wrote:This came to a head when email communication between the pair, which included criticism of Lerner, was leaked to the US businessman.

Very interesting if true. Who could be the rat who a/ could get access to these "private" communications and b/ has their agenda served by ensuring Lerner gets visibility of them?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum