The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa - Stoke October 3rd. 2015

+24
ember
thegaffer6
avfc85
Cha Ching
DaveAV1
EbeneezerGoode
Terry Derry
NARLA24
mefromhere
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
big ming
smetro
AstonThriller
avfc forever
VillaBill
Thinman
achilles
Dgrizzle7
Villa_Dan
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
FoxyAV
De Kuip
Trotters
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa - Stoke October 3rd. 2015

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:21 pm

yeah Dan hit head nail there. That's pretty much it.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa - Stoke October 3rd. 2015

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Sherwood has to walk now. Lambert MIGHT have had some shit excuse about a brilliant long term relationship with Randy, lack of money and a stupid fucking contract but Sherwood doesn't have such excuses.

He needs to do the honourable thing now and become a shit co-commentator. Or a substitute English teacher in Ulaanbaatar. Or a pre-colonoscopy sphincter inspector. Anything but a football manager.

Just fuck off you useless gimp!
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:33 pm

The best bit is that our genius owner gave him a 5 year contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Joppe84 wrote:The best bit is that our genius owner gave him a 5 year contract.

FFS, that can't be true, can it?
ember
ember

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:56 pm

5 at the back, a defensive 3 in the middle, Gestede and Sinclair up top.
A clown-shoe Lescott in and all your creative players out.

At home. Against Stoke. STOKE!!

The pressure has clearly gotten to him. Either he's listening to his coaches and Asst. Manager and they're premium-grade dickheads (given Wilkins comment telling Villa fans to be calm, this is a real possibility) or he's not listening to them and deciding for himself what's right and wrong.

Either way, he's acting the complete sugarbag and needs to go now. Not after the Chelsea game, not after the international break, not tomorrow....NOW!

I could just about accept it if we had 75% possession and hit the post, the bar, had shots cleared off the line, etc. But that was shit. It was shit from the start all the way through to the shit corner at the end when out last hope was getting the ball onto Gestede's springy head.

Fail. Fail. Fail.

What a massive sugarbag!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:58 pm

ember wrote:

www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4487424,00.html

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31470606

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Fucking hell!

Fox was wily enough to get LLDLLLLambert to sign a new contract with a relegation-zone trigger in it so I'm hoping there's some kind of performance clause in Sherwood's.

FFS...is there any job outside of banking and football where you can so royally fuck things up and get millions as a reward?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:19 pm

The amazing bit is that they gave the manager job of Aston Villa F.C., a club that founded football and has won more trophies than scousers has stolen TV's, to a former player simply because he was famous. Then add to the fact that they gave him a FIVE YEAR contract. Couldn't make that shit up.

I swear to god, I could do better as a manager. It's not that complicated.

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
ember wrote:

www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4487424,00.html

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31470606

That's just over 3 years. 5 years would take the contract into summer 2020. Still not good as we'd probably still have 3 years worth to pay off to get him gone, depending on clauses. We can't afford to fuck about any longer, we are already four points adrift in the bottom three. The way things are going if we don't pull the trigger the only dirty silver lining for next season is we won't be playing the filth because they are looking good for taking our place. :x
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Tim Sherwood wrote:On signs of encouragement…

They are there in patches, not on a consistent basis I will be honest.

I see good possession in patches. It's a little bit boring at times - passing the ball square and backwards too much.

I want it passed forward.

Sometimes you need someone on the pitch who can open people up - drop their shoulder.

At the moment, we haven't got that.

Hasnt he just descibed that he needs Grealish & Gil???
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:35 pm

Fair point. My math gets broken when we lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Wookster wrote:

I see good possession in patches. It's a little bit boring at times - passing the ball square and backwards too much.

Sometimes you need someone on the pitch who can open people up - drop their shoulder.

I just posted this on another thread. What a bell-end!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Dazzle wrote:
achilles wrote:Just cannot understand that line-up, where is Crespo going to play?

No Clark/Traore at all, hope they are injured for Tim's sake!

Tim has still no idea what tactics or side he is going to play from week to week.

I really, really despair, perhaps Tim is going to bore Stoke and the supporters to death in the first half and then spring some sort of master plan in the second half?

Love it! You could be on to something, perhaps Sherwood is going for the booed off at half time tactic again before unleashing the master plan 2nd half onto an over confident and tiring Stoke side?!! Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 1558371468 Scarf Waving

Na, hes gone for a different tactic of being booed off at full time, too!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Trotters wrote:
Wookster wrote:

I just posted this on another thread. What a bell-end!

That confirms it to me. I made a post earlier questioning his mental state. Now there is no question in my mind, he needs medicating, counseling, CBT, who knows fucking what but he doesn't need to be let loose on our club any longer.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm just bemused by the tactics today.

Why would you suddenly use 3 centrebacks for the first time against Stoke, at home?

And another thing that grinds my gears, if you are to play 433/451 which in my opinion this team is suited for, why would you not put Grealish in a left midfielder role? We got graft in Veretout and Gueye/Westwood, we need the creativity centrally.
If he let Gil and Ayew operate next to Gestede and Grealish as a deep playmaker, you would be able to establish play a lot easier. To utilize this tactic you need a lot of offball movement and the ability to establish possession on their half. If we don't have a CM available that can get us up the pitch, what's the fucking point.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I'd like to claim that on page 1 of this thread I predicted something with a level of insight and clairvoyance that would leave any mere mortal breathless and overwhelmed, but in reality (we'll lose by one goal and it will be down to "Tactics Tim") wasn't really prophetic was it - a prediction anybody , and I mean absolutely any-fucking-body could have made before the game.
WTF was that starting 11 all about???
Was hoping England rugby might lift me out of my gloom - that's not looking likely either (albeit Watson's just scored!!!)
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:58 pm

I missed it all, was on my baby shower in London (well, if the wife gets one...). So Sherwood has listened to my request to start Westwood (while benching Sanchez) and Veretout. So I read through the lineup, thinking a nice 4-3-3 with Gueye, Westwood and Veretout in midfield, and Grealish, Gil and - no, wait, Crespo and Sinclair? Crespo (who hasn't played yet this season) and Sinclair (who hasn't looked like doing anything since the Sunderland match)? WTF? So we went massively defensive in the first half and then on the offensive in the second? Why? Why do we have to offer the opposition the first half? Or have I read this incorrectly?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Incidentally, I think my suggestion of 'guess the starting 11' for every match holds water. No one's going to ever get one correct!

And I have to say I feel very sorry for Clark.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Sherwood suggesting team is not fit enough to play the tactics he wants.

I will use the international break to get my players fitter because they are not fit enough yet to play the way I want them to play. For some of them it will be like a mini pre-season.

he may have a point there

Crespo - from La Liga
Richards - from the bench at Man City
Lescott - from the bench at Man City
Veretout - from Ligue 1
Gueye - from Ligue 1
Amavi - from Ligue 1
Sinclair - from the bench at Man City
Gestede - from Championship

8 out of 10 outfield players not fit enough for Premier League football.

5 out of 10 have no experience of Premier League football before this season.

with a team like that it's going to be difficult.

question is are they mediocre and unable to improve or will they actually get fitter and better.
Con
Con

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Fitness won't change Sherwoods shit tactics, selections or subs. Just get rid of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 am

De Kuip wrote:I'd like to claim that on page 1 of this thread I predicted something with a level of insight and clairvoyance that would leave any mere mortal breathless and overwhelmed, but in reality (we'll lose by one goal and it will be down to "Tactics Tim") wasn't really prophetic was it - a prediction anybody , and I mean absolutely any-fucking-body could have made before the game.
WTF was that starting 11 all about???

It was predictably shit.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:30 am

Thought a nights sleep might calm me down a little, but after watching the "highlights" on MOTD this morning just bought it back home.

5-3-2 against Fckin Stoke at home, WTF?, having not tried this formation in pre-season or the League Cup games, where the fcuk did that come from, from my seat in The Holte, you could tell after 5 minutes it wasn't working, why couldn't the manger ?

Did you see Gana when he was "fouled" and he just sat on the floor sulking, he made no attempt to track back & get on with it?
When we reset after the goal, no one on the pitch was offering encouragement or a shake of the fist, nothing !
This was as bad as anything under Lambert!

I have stated Sherwood had earned the chance to have a go at the job after keeping us up last year, but his selection & tactics yesterday is definite proof he has no idea what he is doing!

Sherwood doesn't know his best formation let alone his best XI, we lack a shape, a plan, belief, fitness or character, we are adrift already!

I saw the Villa described as a turd that would not flush or go down, the other day, the modern day Coventry, I know its early , but I fear this is our year!

Yesterday, was total & utter dogshite!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:43 am

VillaBill wrote:Thought a nights sleep might calm me down a little, but after watching the "highlights" on MOTD this morning just bought it back home.

Same here. I woke up and am still angry at the performance and Sherwood. Then I got a message from my mum who is on holiday in Spain and had only seen the score asking how it was and describing it to her jut reinforced Sherwood's tactical fuckery
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 am

Sadly I have to join you boys in the "I can't calm down" club.

Don't slaughter me for saying something positive about Lambert, because hands up I had a dig at Joppe recently for doing the same, sorry mate. But at least Lambert started with a plan. He wasn't good enough and the job finally overcame him, but he started out with an idea. Please can anyone tell me what Sherbet is trying to do with our team?

I have absolutely no idea what we are trying to achieve. He had a scattergun approach to recruitment in the summer and has the same approach to team selection and (if he can claim there are any) tactics.

The only question Tom Fox, or whoever is now making the decisions, has to ask themselves is, "Can TS get us out of this mess?" We all know the answer. How many of us are confident the right decisions will be made?

However I do have hope for the following scenario....

Roman sacks Jose and turns to the boy genius Tim Sherwood to do his magic and haul Chelsea out of the relegation mire.
Deadly Doug comes out of retirement to conduct the compensation negotiations. After hearing how Doug invented the bicycle kick 180 times and just as he starts to tell the tale of how he found Dwight Yorke on a beach for the 200th time, the Russian cracks and signs a cheque for £50 million.
Doug then turns his powers to finding a successor. He calls Jose and offers him the chance to resurrect his shattered career. Negotiations are tough, but knowing Roman hadn't thrown in a Ferrari this time, wily old Doug offers to throw in a top of the range Lada estate, plus the promise of a ride in his Roller as a win bonus. Jose folds and the deal is done.

A few months later and Villa have won both cup competitions and just missed out on 4th spot on goal difference. The Doug out campaign begins....
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:41 am

We played 3 at the back against the SHA and we looked awful so Tim thought it would be a good idea to pick the same formation against Stoke?

At least against the SHA he changed at half time and Jack made the difference but he didn't even bring on Gil till twenty minutes to go.

Maybe he has done a Lamberk and lost the plot?

DelboyVilla

Aston Villa - Stoke  October 3rd. 2015  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next