The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Gabby Agbonlahor

+46
VillaBill
achilles
Boldfinger
Trysullvilla
smetro
ember
Synopsis
Terry Derry
MarvelVillan
NARLA24
Dazzle
Cha Ching
Dgrizzle7
Villa_Dan
avfc85
VTID85
Trotters
FoxyAV
Wookster
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
gdale1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
DomAVFC
mefromhere
EbeneezerGoode
big ming
ViewFromT2
Morgan Villa
De Kuip
DelboyVilla
Thinman
ejs1111
KMitch
GadgetMan
Deano69
bazzah
South London Villan
Army villain
Mazrim
Dions_Bald_Head
villabromsgrove
Saunders82
gdav
thegaffer6
50 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 Empty Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by KMitch Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Deano69 wrote:  
GadgetMan wrote:
Deano69 wrote:But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.

I posted why I think he gets picked, as of yet the only post you've not replied too. I'm hurt! Very Happy

I thought your reply was the most intelligent and insightful so far. I'm just wading through the sea of shit and insults, before I get back to you properly on it.  Laughing  

At least I have doubled the sites post total, for the last month, in one morning.

You're also on my blocked list now. Clearly here just trying to take the piss. Good day.
KMitch
KMitch

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:30 pm

KMitch wrote:
Deano69 wrote:  
GadgetMan wrote:
Deano69 wrote:But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.

I posted why I think he gets picked, as of yet the only post you've not replied too. I'm hurt! Very Happy

I thought your reply was the most intelligent and insightful so far. I'm just wading through the sea of shit and insults, before I get back to you properly on it.  Laughing  

At least I have doubled the sites post total, for the last month, in one morning.

You're also on my blocked list now. Clearly here just trying to take the piss.  Good day.

+1
Rolling Eyes
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Are we all friends now ? Fuck me, who would have thought Gabby could cause a row like this one ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Is there any way in which people on the block list disappear even if quoted?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Is there any way in which people on the block list disappear even if quoted?

Unfortunately not mate from what I can gather. I have asked several times in the past. It's very annoying.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Personally I think that Gabby has run his course as an effective all game/every game player if - and I know it's a big if at this stage - Villa become the team that they have the potential to be, given the new manager and the new blood/optimism at VP.

It's not because familiarity breeds contempt, it's not because he's "shit/thick/crap/too bulky" (I'm not claiming he's any of these things), I think it's just genuinely that he's not effective enough any more, and In my opinion (and that's all it is, an opinion) he's not compatible with how I think we want to set up and play. I think he's in for now as it needs an experienced campaigner and teams do still fear his pace, which can leads to them setting up deeper than they might otherwise do (and with our new midfield that space is really there to capitalise on) but I still think that this isn't an effective season-long weapon in our armory - I think it's an impact or plan B tool at best.

I love Gabby, I appreciate what he's done at villa, his love of our club and the fact that he's always just got on with it (and think about the shit times he's had to play through), but that doesn't mean I don't think his time is almost up - I do, but for the reasons I've outlined above.

Look Deano, I don't know you, I'm sure you are a good lad and that things come across more harshly when written, but seriously, as soon as I see someone put "keyboard warrior" in their post without provocation, I start to lessen my willingness to have an open dialogue, and maybe I'm jumping to conclusions about your statement thus:

Your final comments, and insults, towards Gabby prove your agenda. I feel you are not on your own when it comes to a personal hatred for him. The reasons are your own, and probably best not put on a forum - if the "retarded' comment shows your true nature.

But that seems like a bit of a sinister accusation in the way I read it - which I'm sure it's not, but honestly, that's what I thought when I read it - wow, zero to jugular in 2 posts.

When you are less aggressive, you really do put forward a good argument, present your point well and transmit the passion for your stance, but honestly Deano, ease back on the in-yer-face parts of your post and I reckon you'll benefit from lots of dialogue and mixed opinions - all good mate Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 3769219917 Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:20 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:In my opinion Gabby has started the first two games because neither Gil or Grealish are fit. It really is as simple as that!

Ding! Is the correct answer! He is playing because of lack of current viable alternatives in the circumstances. As other have mentioned, he's going to get the bum's rush from Sherwood when injuries permit and the new guys are up to speed. That may take a few months to come together, but I'm in no doubt Sherwood sees him as having no future here beyond his current contract. I'm pretty sure he'd like him and Zog to piss off but no hope of that.

He will realise Gabby won't ask for a transfer and no bugger would buy him anyway, so he's blown some smoke up his arse by making him club captain. That's like Doug's "President" title. Sherwood may think it's one of the best ways to get value out of his contract when he's not playing - he can be the club ambassador giving teddies to sick kids at the Acorns and visit schools to do a bit of PR. Razz He may even score in an under-15 kickabout.

ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:01 pm

I really hope Gabby comes on here to read post's, might just give him a renewed will to actually score a goal or two. What am I saying " sorry guy's ".

DrinkGabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 498107619
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27 pm

i'm hopeful that Gabby consistently makes the team sheet every week as a potential impact sub. But I'd like to see the high quality youngsters we have signed given the opportunity .
ejs1111
ejs1111

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:06 pm

I don't believe Gabby is finished as he is a decent squad player to have, the problem is he is only effective with the right players around him, Gabby's best form came under O'Neill with a proper winger and playing alongside a target man to run onto the flick ons or causing havoc for himself or the target man (Carew) to score. He is not a striker that can play up top as a 1 and he isn't a guy who can play with a inside forwards, so its either you play to strengths or he starts on the bench its simple as that.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:11 am

Gosh! Who'd have thought that Gabby could be so controversial. I'll keep out of the argument except to say that he is worth his place on the bench IMHO, nothing more than that. Got to say that I would be sad to see him go as he is the last of the Villa - loving players that we have and after those goals against Blose he's still a hero in my eyes, albeit a slightly faded one.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:18 am

I don't know who Harry Howes is (aside from a Palace columnist) but he sounds like a dick and I hope he does catch Cabaye boning his missus...

I dabbled briefly with Aston Villa before seeing sense and coming back to Crystal Palace

After my column last week belittling Arsenal and their title prospects, Arsene Wenger reportedly stormed into training the next day and pinned the article on the wall of the dressing room.

“Listen up,” he screamed, as tears flooded the wrinkly crevices of his ancient face.

“I know it is tradition to have a disgusting start to the season, but this Palace fan doesn’t seem to like us. Prove him wrong.”

So Mesut Ozil found his way out of Reece Oxford’s pocket, Alexis Sanchez rolled his shorts up another inch and, annoyingly, Arsenal played Palace off the park.

Some of their passing and link-up play was phenomenal, and if they play like that for the rest of the campaign I genuinely believe that they have a good chance of avoiding relegation.

They should have been out of sight by half-time, but passionate and determined defending meant ultimately it took an own goal to separate the sides.

It could have been a much different game, but clearly Jason Puncheon and Lee Chung-yong seemed to have left their shooting boots in the same place as Lee Mason’s cards.

Despite the what-ifs, it was a spirited performance and one that we need to replicate against Aston Villa this weekend.

I’ll admit, in my youth I had a bit of a soft spot for Villa.

Palace were struggling in Championship mid-table obscurity and I was weak.

I saw them as a way out – my Premier League haven, my claret and blue ‘bit on the side’.

They teased me with their exciting, young British team and I know I should never have cheated, but I was naïve and impressionable.

My dad took me to see them the day they relegated Newcastle and while I enjoyed myself, I couldn’t help feeling dirty.

The guilt throughout the summer was overwhelming, so I came clean and returned to Palace.

Life was difficult at first when they punished me with administration and George Burley.

It was certainly touch and go for a while but we pulled through and now we’re the happiest we’ve been in ages.

I haven’t even thought about Aston Villa for more than six years.

It’s certainly hard to feel anything but aversion towards them while Tim Sherwood is in charge.

Having finally seen Yohan Cabaye grace the Selhurst Park turf, I have come to the conclusion that I LOVE HIM.

His first touch and vision are just incredible, while his consistent delivery from set pieces will make us a real threat from dead balls throughout the season.

Everything he does appears so effortless yet exquisite.

He seems like the coolest man in the world, our very own Andrea Pirlo.

If I walked in on Cabaye in bed with my girlfriend, I’d apologise to him and make him a cup of tea.

It’s early days, but if any of our other new signings have even half the impact that Cabaye seems to be having, we’re in for a really promising season.

Trotters
Trotters

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:34 am

No idea who he is but he writes like a 14 year old twat on his own blog but apparently works for the "Croydon Guardian"

A rag I'm sure is beneath even the Brum Mail is terms of pure shite-ness
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:36 am

What a load of old tosh, fecking Will Young sounding southern namby pamby strawberry sucking numpty twat! Girlfriend my arse!

Your team is in yer blood!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

Gabby is a very expensive bench warmer if that is his role for the future. He should repay the club by moving on to another team preferably for a load of dough or a swap for Afobe? He's never been a goalscorer but these days he can't even pass the ball. Time to move son.
DelboyVilla

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:01 am

I don’t think Gabby is any better than Wiemann who was also surplus to requirements.

For me, the problem with gabby is his so one dimensional, and at times he even struggles to do that right, his a limited player that only has pace. he can't dribble has no tricks/ skill to beat a player other than speed.

As much as I love the fact his villa through an through, his better years are behind him.

Time for the new/younger players to come through.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:05 am

I've no clue why I put my last post in this thread. Must be getting old.

As for Gabby - and I not a huge fan any more - I think I have something that might change the minds of a few "haters"; something that I'm sure we can all agree was a class act, a proper bit of football, something we all loved seeing. It had everything....speed, power, delightful humour:

Trotters
Trotters

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Trotters wrote:I've no clue why I put my last post in this thread. Must be getting old.

As for Gabby - and I not a huge fan any more - I think I have something that might change the minds of a few "haters"; something that I'm sure we can all agree was a class act, a proper bit of football, something we all loved seeing. It had everything....speed, power, delightful humour:

And what followed immediately after on the touchline was the most musical thing to come from his mouth.......... Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 1420239857

De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Trotters wrote:I've no clue why I put my last post in this thread. Must be getting old.

Deserves an OBE from the Queen for this

Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:27 pm

ember wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:In my opinion Gabby has started the first two games because neither Gil or Grealish are fit. It really is as simple as that!

Ding! Is the correct answer! He is playing because of lack of current viable alternatives in the circumstances. As other have mentioned, he's going to get the bum's rush from Sherwood when injuries permit and the new guys are up to speed. That may take a few months to come together, but I'm in no doubt Sherwood sees him as having no future here beyond his current contract. I'm pretty sure he'd like him and Zog to piss off but no hope of that.

He will realise Gabby won't ask for a transfer and no bugger would buy him anyway, so he's blown some smoke up his arse by making him club captain. That's like Doug's "President" title. Sherwood may think it's one of the best ways to get value out of his contract when he's not playing - he can be the club ambassador giving teddies to sick kids at the Acorns and visit schools to do a bit of PR. Razz He may even score in an under-15 kickabout.

This is a great point, and one I wish I had thought of yesterday when being questioned!!

If Sherwood had any intention of playing Agbonlahor when a fully fit squad is available...why the hell did he name Richards as the "on Pitch Captain" ?.....case rested!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 am

One trick pony. Needs moving on - for his sake as well as the football club. We even have at least one faster player in Traore and I´ll bet Sinclair could match him over 100 metres if its out and out pace you want.
Main thing is, if you count the number of touches he manages in and around the penalty area, its pathetic for a main attacker. If you count effective touches and (lol) actual goals it demonstrates the total lack of an end product.
Stealing a very nice living may be harsh, but true.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:49 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I would like to add to VB's post and echo his views. It's been a real pleasure posting and modding on here, by and large you guys have been a great bunch and easy on me in my time as a moderator, so thank you so much for that. I've made some really good friends. Scarf Waving UTV

I wish to pursue other projects and spend time on those, whilst still contributing to the site as a poster (subject to Trotters approval) I feel I've given TBAR all I can offer and wish it every success for the future.  

http://www.claretandbluearmy.com

Other projects = a new forum in competition with this one? What's behind that?
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:17 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I would like to add to VB's post and echo his views. It's been a real pleasure posting and modding on here, by and large you guys have been a great bunch and easy on me in my time as a moderator, so thank you so much for that. I've made some really good friends. Scarf Waving UTV

I wish to pursue other projects and spend time on those, whilst still contributing to the site as a poster (subject to Trotters approval) I feel I've given TBAR all I can offer and wish it every success for the future.  

http://www.claretandbluearmy.com/

Other projects = a new forum in competition with this one? What's behind that?

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 Bdd_sellout_082112

Last edited by avfc85 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Alright, boys, what happened? What caused those guys to split off?
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi All, no competition, we'll still post here (As I said) The internet's a big old place and there's room for loads of forums. So certainly isn't the aim to be any direct competition, just doing our thing, changes happen, people come and go etc! Long may TBAR continue to thrive Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 4 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next