The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

+20
lukevilla
jeffvilla
DaveAV1
BillytheKid
Dions_Bald_Head
andrew24561
KMitch
gdav
danclare82
AstonThriller
UnclePanda
Sky
Dazzle
4BetLite
Synopsis
FoxyAV
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. Empty What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

Post by NARLA24 Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:50 am

So what does he do now is the question. Turns down a loan move to Reading, not in RDMs plans at all!!!!!!
Is this bloke for real or is there something more going on. He surely knows that he is going to get dogs abuse from us if he just sits on his arse, collecting a fortune without putting an ounce of effort in. BMH sources say he has been doing extra training.
Will we and RDM give him one more chance or is this the end of a once Villa hero.
Answers on a postcard or on here.
NARLA24
NARLA24

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. Empty Re: What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:52 am

I think we should get him doing some extra running - in one direction until he's fucking far away
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. Empty Re: What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread.

Post by NARLA24 Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:56 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I think we should get him doing some extra running - in one direction until he's fucking far away
Is the correct answer in my view. You would think that he would have taken the move to Reading though. Just do not understand his thinking in turning that move down. Puzzled is me. What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 226846862
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:09 am

NARLA24 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I think we should get him doing some extra running - in one direction until he's fucking far away
Is the correct answer in my view. You would think that he would have taken the move to Reading though. Just do not understand his thinking in turning that move down. Puzzled is me. What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 226846862

He's a total fucking moron is the only explanation
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 am

Club captain and the man to lead by example and drag us out of the deep shit we were in.

Instead he did the exact opposite and helped shovel the shit on. Yes, Lerner and Fox were arseholes who dug the hole for the shit to go in but at the end of the day, whatever is going on behind the scenes, come Saturday 3pm it's the 11 blokes on the pitch who are Aston Villa and he didn't give a flying fuck.

He was more than happy to accept millions of pounds a year - I don't blame him for that one bit - but he forgot who he was working for. Not the endless run of twat managers or useless CEO's but the people in the stands.

What did he do in pre-season to prove himself? How many did he score against weak opposition? How did he cover himself in glory?

He didn't.

He penned a pathetic apology and then resumed the usual stance.

Good luck watching villa play when you retire, dickface. I'm sure the fans will make you feel at home.
Trotters
Trotters

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:09 am

we should keep him for half time entertainment ......... oh how i wish it was roman times - feed him to the lions!
Boldfinger

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:10 am

Okay, so as much as he's a dick and I have no time for him if all the reports can be believed (feck it, if SOME of the reports can be believed), I wonder if he is genuinely trying to get back in contention. If he is happy to sit on his arse for the remainder of his contract, then that doesn't fit with extra training he's apparently doing - that says to me he's desperate for another chance.
I get that everyone wishes he'd just go, now, and not let the door hit him on the back as he leaves, but I'm amazed that the club would stand for him languishing on full pay. I'm surprised we haven't sorted a loan for him and told him that's what's happening, no argument. Because we haven't done that, and despite him apparently not being in RDM's plans, I'm not so sure there isn't an intention to use him at some stage if needed.
My feeling is that we will see him play for us at some stage this season, unless we can offload in January, and TBH I'm curious to see that happen and how it goes (can it be any worse than Kozak's appearance?).
Let me be clear, I'm so disappointed in him and really couldn't give a damn if he went tomorrow, but part of me does want him to have one more chance, and see if he can do the biz, not for old time's sake, not for forgiveness' sake, but simply because he's dead to me in any other way than the fact he's simply a gear in a machine, that might do a job if selected. If that job isn't done, just like they used to do at the BSA with bike parts that got cocked up on the machine tools on Fridays after the dinnertime pub session - simply sling him out the factory window into the canal.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 am

Nail, head.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:36 am

All he is doing is making sure the club has no way of terminating his contract on a technicality. He will sit in obscurity till his contract is up and then either move abroad or end up playing for Redditch which is actually about his level.

It still wouldn't surprise me if he isn't sitting there wondering if he managed to see out another manager if he would be given another chance, don't think Dr X would let him though.

It's a sad state of affairs to see a former fan favourite and alleged fan fall so far, I know he has half of the under 6yr old population of Erdington to support via CSA payments but it's no excuse.
Synopsis
Synopsis

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:22 am

Still doesn't explain to me why he's doing extra training - he could do the minimum and still satisfy the terms of his contract. Extra effort says to me he thinks he has a chance. He might be deluded and Dr Tony's tweet pretty much nailed the coffin lid down, but my feeling is that he isn't looking for a technicality to keep him there, I actually think the deluded twat thinks if he knuckles down, the slate gets wiped. Xia's tweet just took that slate and broke it over his dumb head.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:24 am

Oh, and OT I know but Forest tickets are already restricted on the AVFC OS - you need buying history - looks like they're gonna have to open that top tier up soon Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:27 am

De Kuip wrote:I actually think the deluded twat thinks if he knuckles down, the slate gets wiped. Xia's tweet just took that slate and broke it over his dumb head.

He's had the slate wiped clean by countless managers before that I'd imagine he thinks it's the same situation. He's too thick to think otherwise
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:30 am

It's interesting he's actually putting in the extra training and trying now we've been relegated, and not last season when we needed him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Exactly. He's realised (at still a young enough age) that things are about to happen for Villa and he wants part of it.

Well he can fuck right off. "VTID" he put in his letter of apology. Nah, not having that. Sounds like the football version of "for better or for worse" and whereas that IS the case for the fans, Gabby decided he wasn't keen on the "worse" part and decided to take a few years off in objection.

Well, he was snoozing in the waiting room when the new juggernaut left the station and he can run all he fucking likes...he ain't catching this train.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:02 pm

There's no point getting worked up about him, really not worth it IMO.

I'd just set fire to the cvnt and get Mike Tyson to try and put the flames out (after 10 minutes, mind) with a cricket bat. Then chain him to some railings and let us all slap the bitch round the face all day till he asks for a transfer,.............. the lowlife cvnt.
4BetLite
4BetLite

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:18 pm

All the hatred of last season aside, as long as he puts the effort in and falls in line with everybody else then he could have a part to play. He's drawing millions of pounds per year from the club, as long as he's doing that he has a part to play. Mistakes are made and people go off rails from time to time, professional footballers are no different. For me it's all about his attitude and application from now. Better to offer some chance of redemption than have another bomb squad episode loitering around for the next two years again.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Not to mention our rather large african player base and the fact that the championship is 46 matches (I think), injuries and suspensions might take its toll.

Have him work overtime at BMH and he might be useful at som point

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:54 pm

I actually think his desperate for one last chance.

If his that desperate and motivated and honestly feels like he can give us something then RDM should give him a run out off the bench.

If he does well then maybe a start if he doesn't do well then he can clean the boots or go do some work at Acorns and make good use of himself.
Sky
Sky

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:01 pm

What happens to Gabby next? Dont care.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:19 pm

He could have gone on loan until January at least and prove that he's still got the desire to be a footballer. But no, he's seemingly content with sitting on his backside at home and taking in the wages. I don't think it would be wise to have this sort of character in the dressing room again, that door should be closed because we can't afford any distractions in a very important season.

Let me add that people are under the assumption that he's on "Sixty grand a week", but from my understanding didn't everyone at the club have to take a pay cut in the event of a relegation? That's what I heard so I'm not sure it's sixty grand tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

What now for a past Villa hero. The Gabby thread. 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:45 pm

See I just don't know if he refused loan deal so he could sit on his backside. Maybe, just maybe he wants to do extra training, get fit and still figure for the only club he knows. Just as much as we can read into his current actions that he wants to hang around and leech off the club, it could also be the scenario I've outlined. I probably have far too much faith in human nature and that has sometimes served me well in the past and sometimes I've been burnt. I still try and see the positives in people and I'd rather believe he wants redemption. Mind you, as I said earlier, TX''s tweet seems to have removed any ambiguity, so maybe those who suspect leeching are right after all.  Just so sad that it's ended like this if it is the case,  if you are a fans favourite you have to work bloody  hard to turn them against you. How ironic that he worked so hard to achieve that by; well, not working hard. Oh, and the fact he's been a sugarbag for the past few years, that as well
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:54 pm

I have been thinking about this for most of the day, an on song gabby could do well for us, but we have thought that for the last 5 years.
The be all and end all is where was he last year when we needed him most? and to make it worse he's a villa fan ?
IS HE FUCK.
I say fuck him and let him rot.
I would love to give him a dry slap
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Didn't know where to post but gabby played in game so here will do.

Does anyone have link to Everton game 3-2 younga late winner. Trying to show son and can't find it anywhere.
Thanks
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:15 am

11:10

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:16 am

And if you look a little earlier at the Klingon's celebration. Yeah...proper Villa fan. Twat.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next