The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+105
ejs1111
FoxyAV
Wookster
R1chuk
bruka
DomAVFC
Coseley Villa
banneruk
plastic
kimbo
Synopsis
Keyser Soze
jvilla
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
snitum
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
AVFClee
ViewFromT2
The Utterer
Mazrim
ember
DaveAV1
Peter
Withes Sweatbands
CoE82
pcfbavfcoman
Wriggle
edwarfa1
gwentvillan
Jae1411
gdav
holtehero
rosco77
noodles
1Elliot
Barton82
hawk190601
Poseidon
ROTTERDAM1982
Andyh
Dgrizzle7
Marco
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
MrAstonVilla
Olofsbeard
Saunders82
Born Under The Holte End
TED
lukevilla
Kakacroom
jeffvilla
avfc85
bazzah
KMitch
Mooseman
MarvelVillan
Walmley_Villa
thinlizzy
South London Villan
AstonThriller
Leafs1201
TheTechniqueSMC
StringGhost
VillaSteve
keithj
thetrees
Sky
mark_draper
prmort
NARLA24
clarryblue
Fpuppys
Sparky
gaffer85
Zidane
James_Curtis
thegaffer6
StaffordsVillan
fastbackace
Dansvilla75
4BetLite
GadgetMan
tbarrules
Villas Trudge
danclare82
VillaBill
villainjock
DN1982
villabromsgrove
Suits
De Kuip
omariqy
George
andrew24561
Villa_Dan
brummieboy
Gordonsleftboot
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
smetro
DelboyVilla
Jamie Gray
109 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Are PR/Media is useless, but still some say "what do you expect them to say?" Err well something would be nice. Why has it taken our last 3 managers to be the ones talking about a takeover? (or so far lack of) Why can't Fox or RL draft something that at least says if a deal is dead and Plan B is in action? That's what gives me hope that we may still be able to salvage a deal. Just because the preferred party have supposedly walked, doesn't mean they won't come back (We don't know why talks stopped) I wouldn't be surprised to see us sold before the season starts or at least before August 31st (or whenever the window closes) Wrap up the club just before the deadline and grab a few big signings, maximum exposure......One can dream right?!

Anyway, I have lost total faith in the club speaking and keeping us updated, even TS was too annoyed to speak yesterday!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Lets not get too carried away, yes Benteke scored most of our goals Delph was the best midfielder we had, and Vlaar was solid BUT look at how many times they were not in the team because of injury, they are no good to Aston Villa if they are not in the team. They are gone or going, we just move on find players who are as good or better (maybe not that easy) who want to play for us and who knows what we can do, WE ARE ASTON VILLA and we are bigger than all the players who think they are too good for us. Just take a minute to look at the players who have left us for glory some have had it some have slid away into nothing, we are still there maybe not where we all want them to be BUT we're there and there and there can only better days ahead. KEEP THE FAITH. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917 Over the head

No disguising that CB and FD are big losses, however as you say, not something we can't get past. Teams sussed us out under PL (when relying solely on CB) and they started to at the end of last season under TS. We were a one man team and Delph looked so good as the rest of the midfield were frankly sh*t. IF we can use this money wisely and buy good players, we can become a team with multiple threats, this could be a blessing in disguise. I for one, still feel optimistic UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Lets not forget Benteke was expected to go before and we still have his replacement chomping at the bit to start playing for us
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 pm

If we were a one man team with Benteke what does that mean we will be without him AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218
In all seriousness though we need to bring in 2 strikers as we can't rely on Gabby or Kozak
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:01 pm

B62 Villa wrote:If we were a one man team with Benteke what does that mean we will be without him AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218
In all seriousness though we need to bring in 2 strikers as we can't rely on Gabby or Kozak

Obviously we will bring in replacements and hopefully play in a way that makes us a threat throughout the team and not JUST with Benteke, why is that so implausible? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218 Have to say I personally hate this emoji, so much so, I may have to get rid. It's a crappy saying too. What does it even mean? Arrrghhhhh! Where's that delete emoji button!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:01 pm

Adebayor on loan to replace Benteke??? Sherwood got him flying. Then we'll have the £28m to spend on the rest of the team
banneruk

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:40 pm

I just looked on the official site, we only have three first team strikers - Benteke, Kozak and Gabby. Callum Robinson and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (who came on at the end of the Sunderland 4-0) are our two U21 strikers. Even in the unliklihood of Benteke staying I'd have thought we'd need another striker.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by TED Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Great article in the Mirror by Andy Dunn. Villa are a BIG club.
If Lerner or Fox were to ever read it they should hang their heads in shame.
TED

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:46 pm

They probably read it to be fair, then they started the "we are a great club campaign".

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Delph-kit-launch-copy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:08 am

DN1982 wrote:.....Lerner may not want to put too much of his own money in but he'd be stupid to not allow Sherwood to spend the incomings. 

Are you new? Wink

Lerner's Stupid bucket is overflowing. Honestly, I can see him writing a book one day that's the exact opposite of "How To Win Friends And Influence People". It's quite scary how he seemingly manages to fuck up just about every decision.

I suppose he's not yet been done for money laundering - and there was a time I was genuinely concerned about this (ref: the MON years) - but can you imagine a billionaire owner that could have done a worse job of running this great club?
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:38 am

GadgetMan wrote:Are PR/Media is useless, but still some say "what do you expect them to say?" Err well something would be nice. Why has it taken our last 3 managers to be the ones talking about a takeover? (or so far lack of) Why can't Fox or RL draft something that at least says if a deal is dead and Plan B is in action? That's what gives me hope that we may still be able to salvage a deal. Just because the preferred party have supposedly walked, doesn't mean they won't come back (We don't know why talks stopped) I wouldn't be surprised to see us sold before the season starts or at least before August 31st (or whenever the window closes) Wrap up the club just before the deadline and grab a few big signings, maximum exposure......One can dream right?!

Anyway, I have lost total faith in the club speaking and keeping us updated, even TS was too annoyed to speak yesterday!!
Tbf he didnt speak to the press after the 1st match as there was no interview on avtv after the match. Got a feeling though that we wont spend that much money from the sales and lerner will keep it Sad
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:40 am

Unless Lerner is willing to spend all the money from sales on new players, he will probably destroy his investment in Villa. I don't think he has an option.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:43 pm

lukevilla wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Are PR/Media is useless, but still some say "what do you expect them to say?" Err well something would be nice. Why has it taken our last 3 managers to be the ones talking about a takeover? (or so far lack of) Why can't Fox or RL draft something that at least says if a deal is dead and Plan B is in action? That's what gives me hope that we may still be able to salvage a deal. Just because the preferred party have supposedly walked, doesn't mean they won't come back (We don't know why talks stopped) I wouldn't be surprised to see us sold before the season starts or at least before August 31st (or whenever the window closes) Wrap up the club just before the deadline and grab a few big signings, maximum exposure......One can dream right?!

Tbf he didnt speak to the press after the 1st match as there was no interview on avtv after the match. Got a  feeling though that we wont spend that much money from the sales and lerner will keep it Sad

Did he not? I sure he spoke a few days later about the run out for the team. I just think TS is avoiding the Delph questions until he really has to say something.

As for the cash. I fully expect him to get all the money he makes from sales to spend on players and will have a wage budget to consider too. We will get the players in we need. Takeover or no takeover I'm quite enthused by this coming season. Sinclair, Richards, Gueye and Amavi is a great start. Add another 4 to this and we will have a competitive team I think. Like the look of this kid from Belgium, CB Mk 2 add Adebayor in on loan and another CM and a RB and we will defo be stronger than last season IMO Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:55 pm

This clear out is unprecedented. Guzan now up for sale when he was going to be no.1. Feels like a complete rennovation, the sort of thing a new owner would do. No announcement yet from lerner. Smells not like a randy lerner cunning plan, maybe a fox plan, maybe a new owner...
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:01 pm

jvilla wrote:This clear out is unprecedented. Guzan now up for sale when he was going to be no.1. Feels like a complete rennovation, the sort of thing a new owner would do. No announcement yet from lerner. Smells not like a randy lerner cunning plan, maybe a fox plan, maybe a new owner...  

Lets face it, it's Lambert's squad that has been lucky not to be relegated 3 years in a row. It needed a complete overhaul and I trust Tim and Tom to do it right. Don't think it is new owners, just Lerner putting his faith in the right people for once, well he had to get something right eventually.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:07 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
lukevilla wrote:

Tbf he didnt speak to the press after the 1st match as there was no interview on avtv after the match. Got a  feeling though that we wont spend that much money from the sales and lerner will keep it Sad

Did he not? I sure he spoke a few days later about the run out for the team. I just think TS is avoiding the Delph questions until he really has to say something.

As for the cash. I fully expect him to get all the money he makes from sales to spend on players and will have a wage budget to consider too. We will get the players in we need. Takeover or no takeover I'm quite enthused by this coming season. Sinclair, Richards, Gueye and Amavi is a great start. Add another 4 to this and we will have a competitive team I think. Like the look of this kid from Belgium, CB Mk 2 add Adebayor in on loan and another CM and a RB and we will defo be stronger than last season IMO Scarf Waving

I agree the quality looks better, invest the money into the potential first 11 and use our u21 potential and players coming back like Gardner as our squad cover.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Is Guzan up for sale, or is that just opinion based on the rumour we were in for the lad from Stoke who has gone to Chelsea. Sorry his name escapes me.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:23 pm

jvilla wrote:This clear out is unprecedented. Guzan now up for sale when he was going to be no.1. Feels like a complete rennovation, the sort of thing a new owner would do. No announcement yet from lerner. Smells not like a randy lerner cunning plan, maybe a fox plan, maybe a new owner...  

Pretty sure after the cup final when asked how many of the squad he wanted to change, Sherwood replied "as many as possible"...this is a Sherwood cull...and long overdue. The more shit he bombs out, the better!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:47 am

My money is on Usmanov, to be announced as soon as the wheeling and dealing is done. Before anyone says anything, I am definetely not ITK ( there should be a separate thread for people who think they are!)
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 am

I can see why people would think so. There does seem a bit of an Aresnal theme at the moment.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 am

Are we still thinking a takeover is going to happen this summer?
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:54 am

I think we can probably forget about Usmanov, until we hear of him selling his shares in Arsenal.

I don't know if we'll get taken over this summer, but It wouldn't surprise me, if there are still discussions going on in the background. Whilst Lerner still hasn't appointed a chairman then maybe there's a chance of something happening in the near future.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:04 am

banneruk wrote:Are we still thinking a takeover is going to happen this summer?

takeover is finished mate, hence delphs departure

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am

jimbop wrote:

takeover is finished mate, hence delphs departure

Do you think that is true Jimbop?

I still believe that until 'Plan B' (the new chairman) is actually unveiled by the club, then 'Plan A' (the sale) is still very much ongoing.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:19 am

No

It's dead as a dodo for the mo mo, so far as we know know. 8)

Hence the better half of the squad doing one leaving us with the remnants, unknowns, comeback kids and still to be filled gaping holes in the spine of the team with the tail of the spine namely Guzan apparently still to be flogged off.

Hardly a rose garden but we live in hope that Lerner has learned his lesson and finally realises that the way to move up the division rather than down is to actually spend some of the money on players, good ones at that, rather than spend it all on paying off dodgy managers and the like. Very Happy Bash AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2881341339 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1715320296

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next