The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:19 am

Trotters wrote:

Now, three other players seen at BMH that were previously linked, huh? That'd be a selection from Charlie Austin, Andros Townsend, N'Doye, Trippier, and Ryan Mason.

Townsend is one....
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:23 am

" he's a proper man"
Remember that quote? Lambert referring to Holte, I think Sherwoods realised that our squad lacks proper men. The manager can't cross onto the pitch during the game and during the last 3 seasons when it's been going wrong the team seems to fall apart. The players were being linked with seem the type to base your spine on i.e solid if not fancy. Proper Men.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am

Keyser Soze wrote:" he's a proper man"
Remember that quote? Lambert referring to Holte, I think Sherwoods realised that our squad lacks proper men. The manager can't cross onto the pitch during the game and during the last 3 seasons when it's been going wrong the team seems to fall apart. The players were being linked with seem the type to base your spine on i.e solid if not fancy. Proper Men.

I agree with this too. Character of player is as important as ability. You need some attitude in your team, which we've definitely been missing. We're a soft touch too often, we need some balls!!
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 am

I thought Clev had more good games than bad under TS. He dropped off at the end? Who in our team didn't??
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 am

Huddlestone has ability. All Villa fans should know it's easy for good players not to be at their best if the managers crap. Hull were awful last season but were good the season before. If TS thinks he can get Huddelstone back to his best or better I'll support him,I just don't think he's what we need more than think he's not good enough. Sanchez got MOM against Brazil last night we must be playing him wrong!!!
DN1982

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:19 am

We've seen enough players with amazing promise fade away & players we'd collectively written off seem to switch on like a light bulb. If the manager is willing to risk his job, reputation & the club's money then good luck to him & I'm looking forward to the signings when they come. Especially this time of year when things are not so desperate & there's no panic purchases (unlike the end of the summer & January).

I think what this transfer activity shows is that the potential new owners are happy with Tim & willing to let him get on with things. I can understand the frustration from people that the players we're linked with suggest we don't have the major investment we've hoped for but there are good reasons why it's better to build a team over the season with players that are already known for potential & would benefit from the right coaching. For one, we certainly can't risk the chance that a foreign player needs time to settle. Also, at the moment, the character of the player is as important as their ability. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1375627042

However, whether or not I agree with his ins & outs any sign of vanishing vimbo is great. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 3769219917

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 am

smetro wrote:
kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:
DN1982 wrote:Would a new owner sit tight until UEFA have met at the end of this month to see if they are going to relax FFP for new owners? The last thing you'd want to do is miss out on being able to invest. Also isn't it clever practice to try to do transfer business before a buy out so clubs don't up the price? Just a couple of little theories on why if we are sold nothing's come out

I keep asking this but never get answer.

Could our new owner (or even Randy) - now invest a considerable amount without breaching FFP  as it stands ? - thought we were a good distance away from accumulating the losses that would put us in breach of it.

Really don't see FFP as an issue for the takeover, if we got Man City style owners they would pay the fines and work around it - if we get middling owners they can improve the squad without breaching FFP

[Happy to be corrected on any of the above by FFP guru's]
If we got Man City style owners and they could spend what the want without any fines provided they wait a little, I'm sure they'd do that.

Of course, the irony is that as we're not in Europe it wouldn't even be an issue in the short-term. But I'm sure Europe would be a target ASAP and depending on how the FFP rules pan out, it may pay to hold the deal off for a few weeks.

I'm hardly an 'FFP Guru' but surely "Wait a month and potentially save millions of pounds" isn't overly complicated?

But under what scenario does it cost us millions ?

A middling owner - could still invest considerably and not breach FFP ?

It only becomes an issue if we have owner who wants to go nuclear with the cash right from the off - I don't believe such an owner would hang around for FFP.

IMO the probability of FFP holding up any takeover is very small.

Late reply but us Gurus are busy!! If you can buy a club now and be fined by uefa for spending in the excess of 105m or wait a few weeks and spend unlimited funds, then you'd do it, whatever your wealth. You're talking the difference between unrestricted spending for 4 years or not for what is potentially a few etc weeks. Fines and hassle over 4 years could be considerable, so to glibly dismiss it, is a little naive/arrogant for someone who isn't a guru on the subject Very Happy

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul mcgrath(GOD) Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:36 am

Have u seen the odds that sky bet are giving on delph to city!!!5/2.
Paul mcgrath(GOD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul mcgrath(GOD) Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 am

I meant 1/3.5/2 is if he stays at villa.
Paul mcgrath(GOD)

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:43 am

Can't see it myself, think Delph is smarter than that, he will go to a top 4 side eventually but it won't be City - remember Jack Rodwell ? Delph won't settle for being an "imapct sub"
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:43 am

Paul mcgrath(GOD) wrote:I meant 1/3.5/2 is if he stays at villa.

Might get myself a few quid on that at 5/2 I can't see Delph leaving villa this season, not after just signing a new deal add saying how it's his club etc! Not a chance for me. Startling odds though. I'd say it's a very volatile market and only small bets can see massive swings in odds. I'm not at all concerned about Delph.

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:44 am

Surely that would be terrible for him - his FA cup final game showed that he's still prone to getting lost in big games so I can't see him being the ManCity midfield mainstay.

A test for Delph...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 am

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:
DN1982 wrote:Would a new owner sit tight until UEFA have met at the end of this month to see if they are going to relax FFP for new owners? The last thing you'd want to do is miss out on being able to invest. Also isn't it clever practice to try to do transfer business before a buy out so clubs don't up the price? Just a couple of little theories on why if we are sold nothing's come out

Could our new owner (or even Randy) - now invest a considerable amount without breaching FFP  as it stands ? - thought we were a good distance away from accumulating the losses that would put us in breach of it.

Really don't see FFP as an issue for the takeover, if we got Man City style owners they would pay the fines and work around it - if we get middling owners they can improve the squad without breaching FFP

If we got Man City style owners and they could spend what the want without any fines provided they wait a little, I'm sure they'd do that.

Of course, the irony is that as we're not in Europe it wouldn't even be an issue in the short-term. But I'm sure Europe would be a target ASAP and depending on how the FFP rules pan out, it may pay to hold the deal off for a few weeks.

I'm hardly an 'FFP Guru' but surely "Wait a month and potentially save millions of pounds" isn't overly complicated?

It only becomes an issue if we have owner who wants to go nuclear with the cash right from the off - I don't believe such an owner would hang around for FFP.

Late reply but us Gurus are busy!! If you can buy a club now and be fined by uefa for spending in the excess of 105m or wait a few weeks and spend unlimited funds, then you'd do it, whatever your wealth. You're talking the difference between unrestricted spending for 4 years or not for what is potentially a few etc weeks. Fines and hassle over 4 years could be considerable, so to glibly dismiss it, is a little naive/arrogant for someone who isn't a guru on the subject Very Happy

But as previous posters have said - we could spend £100m this window and still be within FFP - even without any rule changes.

I think the chances of FFP holding up any takeover of Aston Villa are neligible.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 am

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:

But as previous posters have said - we could spend £100m this window and still be within FFP - even without any rule changes.

I think the chances of FFP holding up any takeover of Aston Villa are neligible.

We couldn't as we've had losses in the last 2 years also if you did you'd have no leeway for the next 3 years which is exactly the situation we've been trying to get out of.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 am

Don't want to stifle the chat guys, but could you keep player chat for the appropriate threads?! Unless it's directly linked to the takeover? There's TH and AT ones. Obviously if someone is linked and there isn't a thread throw it in here and then we can either create a thread or debate the merits of one. Just a bit of boring forum housekeeping AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 3769219917

We can keep this free for ALL the info that's coming in re the takeover haha!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1662365926

Ps I've tested the forum on both iOS and android mobile and you can still edit your posts?! If the poster is still having difficulties pm me and I'll try and help. We'll consider a topic for forum technical issues within this area (we do have a tech thread in OT) where this info can be placed and resolved accordingly. Cheers!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 am

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:

Yes it's clear what YOU think, however others have given a reasonable argument as to why someone 'may' wait a couple of weeks. Having known you and your posting style for a while now, you'll only believe what you want anyway. That's ok, but you asked the question and got some replies. It comes back to "none of us actually no for sure" so it's all opinion based. I personally wouldn't rule it out, you would. We move on
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 am

Given the level of player we are currently linked with ie Huddlestone, Vardy, Robson-Kanu and some youth players, and how long this Takeover process seems to be taking( I'm not a businessman so I'm unsure of timescales a deal like this would take), do we A) Still think it will happen sooner rather than later, ie this summer B) Think that actually the bidders don't have much dough to throw around and could be no better off C) Think Lerner is just pulling everyone's pisser and is staying to oversee another relegation battle.
This whole process seems to be turning into a repeat of last summer when we were all left bitterly disappointed, which carried on into one of the worst seasons in our history, with the FA cup 1/4 and 1/2 finals the only highlights
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:17 am

B62 Villa wrote:Given the level of player we are currently linked with ie Huddlestone, Vardy, Robson-Kanu and some youth players, and how long this Takeover process seems to be taking( I'm not a businessman so I'm unsure of timescales a deal like this would take), do we A) Still think it will happen sooner rather than later, ie this summer B) Think that actually the bidders don't have much dough to throw around and could be no better off C) Think Lerner is just pulling everyone's pisser and is staying to oversee another relegation battle.
This whole process seems to be turning into a repeat of last summer when we were all left bitterly disappointed, which carried on into one of the worst seasons in our history, with the FA cup 1/4 and 1/2 finals the only highlights

You forgot Charlie Austin, Andros Townsend, Jordan Amavi, Yohan Cabaye, Florentin Pogba, Kieran Trippier, Tom Heaton.....there's probably £50-£60m worth of players there....we weren't linked with anything like this calibre of player last season....or in the last 3/4 seasons actually.
It's patently clear something is changing/has changed behind the scenes.

My guess is that whoever is in exclusivity has the club signed and sealed and they are sanctioning moves for players...(the bid accepted by Nice this week was apparently 8m euros). I won't pretend to know or even try and guess why the announcement hasn't been made and as frustrating as it is...I really don't see what difference it makes. Let's just get the players in asap!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:19 am

B62 Villa wrote:Given the level of player we are currently linked with ie Huddlestone, Vardy, Robson-Kanu and some youth players, and how long this Takeover process seems to be taking( I'm not a businessman so I'm unsure of timescales a deal like this would take), do we A) Still think it will happen sooner rather than later, ie this summer B) Think that actually the bidders don't have much dough to throw around and could be no better off C) Think Lerner is just pulling everyone's pisser and is staying to oversee another relegation battle.

I think A it will be done sooner rather than later. The action we are seeing (only Richards is a confirmed signing, the rest is pure speculation) is us carrying on with business the best we can until it's all done. TF admitted the takeover may impact on summer transfer plans, but still felt we'd do what was needed. I think this is exactly what's happening. I'm sure once a deal is done we will see things accelerate at pace!! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 am

GadgetMan wrote:

Might get myself a few quid on that at 5/2 I can't see Delph leaving villa this season, not after just signing a new deal add saying how it's his club etc! Not a chance for me. Startling odds though. I'd say it's a very volatile market and only small bets can see massive swings in odds. I'm not at all concerned about Delph.

It's 6/4 now. Just stuck a tenner on, pretty certain that's an easy £15 profit. I would put more on but I need to save some for Ascot tomorrow in case today goes wrong...!

Plus, y'know, even though I don't see it happening, I mean... if Citeh ended up offering INSANE money I suppose it *could* happen... Yeah, fuck it, a tenner will do! (Hashtag coward) Very Happy
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:38 am

I just had a look on Oddschecker to see if there was a better price but there is only SkyBet offering it at the mo.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 am

kimbo wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

It's 6/4 now. Just stuck a tenner on, pretty certain that's an easy £15 profit. I would put more on but I need to save some for Ascot tomorrow in case today goes wrong...!

Plus, y'know, even though I don't see it happening, I mean... if Citeh ended up offering INSANE money I suppose it *could* happen... Yeah, fuck it, a tenner will do! (Hashtag coward) Very Happy

Did the same. Easy money.....yikes!! Ha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:44 am

The question everyone wants answered is: Are the TBAR moderators currently the most guilty of going off topic?

Laughing
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:The question everyone wants answered is: Are the TBAR moderators currently the most guilty of going off topic?

Laughing

lol!
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:55 am

Suits wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:The question everyone wants answered is: Are the TBAR moderators currently the most guilty of going off topic?

Laughing

lol!
You could be right. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next