The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:51 pm

You know perfectly well that wasn't the point. But whatever, if signing spurs rejects from relegated sides are a sign of change for you, keep believing. No different then all the crap Lambert got linked with and signed

Last edited by Joppe84 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:55 pm

As mentioned on here two weeks ago, it seems we are indeed after Andros Townsend.....heard from same source that he was at BMH again today!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-aston-villa-target-5900623

edit: same source tells me 3 players were at BMH today....all recently linked in papers
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:00 pm

I could just about accept Townsend, if the fee was right, but Huddlestone?
Christ, what an overrated waste of space, poncing about in the middle of the park, with the odd showboat pass every now and again and not a lot else.
Huddlestone? No fucking thanks.
Andyh
Andyh

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:01 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:As mentioned on here two weeks ago, it seems we are indeed after Andros Townsend.....heard from same source that he was at BMH again today!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-aston-villa-target-5900623

edit: same source tells me 3 players were at BMH today....all recently linked in papers

any clues on the others?

Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Who ever puts a Villa shirt on I wish all the best and Who ever is playing against Bournmouth on he first day ( hopefully I'll b there) then I'll be cheering them on no end
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Why won't this forum let you edit posts from cellphones? Fourth fucking edit and nothing is happening

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:07 pm

I'd like to see Andros Townsend on the wings for the villa
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:09 pm

I don't particularly want Huddlestone. But I didn't want Clev either and he looked semi decent after TS arrived. I'll give any player who puts on the shirt a fair crack before judging them or the manager
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:I'd like to see Andros Townsend on the wings for the villa

It's along time since we had someone who gets you of your seat
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:11 pm

I expected Sherwood to try and get Townsend and I really hope he does. He'd be fantastic for us.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:25 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:I'd like to see Andros Townsend on the wings for the villa

It's along time since we had someone who gets you of your seat

Definatly
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Even if we get a megabucks owner until we rise up the league and qualify for Europa league we will only attract players that:
1) Have a point to proove and are hungry to get regular first team football ie. Sinclair, Richards
2) Players that the manager knows and he believes will be able to do a job for him

Not until we can show that we won't get rinsed like we did against Arsenal and Southampton will we be able to get the Players who want european football and command big fees and bigger wages.

I don't want to see players here for the money, I want to see pride, heart and desire when they pull on the shirt and for that, in Tim I trust.

As said previously, at Bournemouth I will give the 11 in claret and blue my full support in the expectation they pay me back with a commanding, winning performance.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:55 am

I don't care who we sign, as long as Tim thinks they'll be right for us and we don't overpay (because they're English).

Richards on a free is a fantastic first signing as a manager and if he follows it up with Townsend and Huddlestone, I'd be very happy. We need leaders, and in Richards and Huddlestone, we'll get some good ones.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:36 am

Fail to see Huddlestone as a leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:48 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't particularly want Huddlestone. But I didn't want Clev either and he looked semi decent after TS arrived. I'll give any player who puts on the shirt a fair crack before judging them or the manager

I agree with this. I'm not writing anyone off until I've seen them in the shirt. Tim isn't daft, he knows exactly what he wants from his players & he won't sign anyone he doesn't believe he can get that from. TH was poor last season, the whole Hull team was & Villa fans more than anyone should know what players in a struggling team look like. But correct me if I'm wrong, when Hull were having a flyer the previous season was he not being touted for an England recall? (yes, he's played for England too, there's a player in there). I couldn't give a stuff if he signs ex Spurs players. It's only because Tim knows them well & are therefore less of a transfer risk as he knows exactly what he's getting. The negativity is unbelievable at times, give the bloke a chance to make his mark.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 am

Any initial thoughts of not wanting Cleverley when he was linked were pretty much much proved correct though.
3 or 4 decent games in half a season is not the sign of a top quality player, and the way he tailed off at the end, (when it really, really mattered) shows his total inconsistency.

The same goes for Huddlestone, and I remember a few months ago when MOTD focused on his performance and failings during another Hull defeat.

When he is poor, he is really, really shite!
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:07 am

Jamie Gray wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I don't particularly want Huddlestone. But I didn't want Clev either and he looked semi decent after TS arrived. I'll give any player who puts on the shirt a fair crack before judging them or the manager

I agree with this. I'm not writing anyone off until I've seen them in the shirt. Tim isn't daft, he knows exactly what he wants from his players & he won't sign anyone he doesn't believe he can get that from. TH was poor last season, the whole Hull team was & Villa fans more than anyone should know what players in a struggling team look like. But correct me if I'm wrong, when Hull were having a flyer the previous season was he not being touted for an England recall? (yes, he's played for England too, there's a player in there). I couldn't give a stuff if he signs ex Spurs players. It's only because Tim knows them well & are therefore less of a transfer risk as he knows exactly what he's getting. The negativity is unbelievable at times, give the bloke a chance to make his mark.

100% spot on Jamie....some of the comments on recent pages are staggering to say the least!
I have no problem at all with people disagreeing with a rumour, but it would be nice to read a cogent argument instead of...."he's shit"!

The only part of the rumour I am struggling with is the fee...£5.5m seems a little too much but it's only paper talk so won't get too worried by it. Also, if we are spending that much money, alongside the Townsend rumour (Spurs turned down bids in excess of £10m for him last year)...then it would seem whatever the situation is behind the scenes...we have money to play with this season.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 am

Andyh wrote:Any initial thoughts of not wanting Cleverley when he was linked were pretty much much proved correct though.
3 or 4 decent games in half a season is not the sign of a top quality player, and the way he tailed off at the end, (when it really, really mattered) shows his total inconsistency.

The same goes for Huddlestone, and I remember a few months ago when MOTD focused on his performance and failings during another Hull defeat.

When he is poor, he is really, really shite!

TC really struggled until TS took over, but most of the team did. Form under Lambert means very little to me. But TC did as much as anyone during the revival, he was superb for most of that spell. Last 3 games weren't great, but once again that was a collective failing. Anyone who follows me on Twitter will know I was saying all season that he's much better than he's showing due to how we're playing. Personally I was sad he didn't sign, crazy to think he wouldn't add quality to our squad. As for TH im not sat here drooling over signing him, I'm just saying that he's not the worst player out there, he's got decent pedigree & I'll judge him on what he does in a Villa shirt, not a Hull shirt.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by UrmstonVilla Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:20 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:If I was buying I'd want the deal kept quiet, let the manager bring in his required targets and then booo!! release to the press. Stops the prices being inflated

Ive seen a lot of people say this on here, like the potential takeover is some big secret.  I know there are a lot of idiot owners in football, but a lot are savvy businessmen, so given our mediocre outlay, at best, over the last few years, if we suddenly start putting in bids for the type of players that we would never have looked at in the past (for what its worth I put both Ricahards and Huddlestone in that bracket) then of course it becomes fairly obvious to anyone that something is a happening.

So i dont buy that nothing is being announced to keep transfer prices down.

Last edited by UrmstonVilla on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
UrmstonVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 am

I still maintain the TC was very inconsistent and turned in few top performances, even after Sherwood came in.
Huddlestone is a showboat player, grabs the headlines when he does something good, but I'd pretty mediocre most of the time.

If we do not want to be in the same situation we have been in for the last 4 years, fighting relegation right up to the death, then we need to have quality and consistency in the team.
I really don't think TH would give us this.

The big question is though, will we have the money to find and add the consistency that we need!
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 am

Andyh wrote:I still maintain the TC was very inconsistent and turned in few top performances, even after Sherwood came in.
Huddlestone is a showboat player, grabs the headlines when he does something good, but I'd pretty mediocre most of the time.

If we do not want to be in the same situation we have been in for the last 4 years, fighting relegation right up to the death, then we need to have quality and consistency in the team.

The big question is though, will we have the money to find and add the consistency that we need!

Any signing is a risk & not every signing works out as you'd hope. They say managers live & die by their transfers & I'd agree with this, regardless of budget you need the majority of your signings to be successful. It's consistency that makes the best players so good, so you're exactly right in what you say. You know with the best players you're getting 7 or 8/10 minimum every game, it's why they cost so much
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 am

Andyh wrote:I still maintain the TC was very inconsistent and turned in few top performances, even after Sherwood came in.

Jesus, the bloke's only rumoured!

Let's see what he is like fit and playing for Sherwood shall we? I mean, would you be inspired by Steve Bruce?
I seem to recall Huddlestone was superb when he first went to Hull. Then the Bruce effect took hold.....look at the downward spiral of other players there....for instance Nikica Jelavic, Michael Dawson and Shane Long who looks a lot better at Southampton...agreed?

I think as Villa fans we may find it odd at first to have a player in midfield than can actually pass the ball....and win a few tackles!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:41 am

Jamie Gray wrote:

Any signing is a risk & not every signing works out as you'd hope. They say managers live & die by their transfers & I'd agree with this, regardless of budget you need the majority of your signings to be successful. It's consistency that makes the best players so good, so you're exactly right in what you say. You know with the best players you're getting 7 or 8/10  minimum every game, it's why they cost so much

TS is being very clever here and I cannot believe people are being so daft and naive not to see it, He is building a solid British homegrown spine and whether we love or loathe them i.e. Huddlestone & Richards they are England international quality and with points to prove and when playing well in the respective positions will get call-ups by RH, That can only benefit us in the long term. Furthermore what makes these types of acquisitions even better is the fact they are CHEAP and showing all those around us that even with impending takeover that we're not prepared to show our full hand!

Why go spouting we have lots of money to spend to get extorted when we can continue to go about our business quietly and get the targets we want! I want TS not a Harry Redknapp leaning out of the car window day in dy out over who I am and Am not signing.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 am

Whilst I don't agree that Huddlestone is shit, I'm not sure he's a whole lot better than Westwood either.

Thing is, the may well be a better player in there than was seen in a shit Hull side but didn't Sherwood state that he's done with the players stuck in the losing rut and wants winners? Richards puts a massive tick in that box. I'm not sure Huddlestone does.

As such, it's an odd choice.

--------------

Now, three other players seen at BMH that were previously linked, huh? That'd be a selection from Charlie Austin, Andros Townsend, N'Doye, Trippier, and Ryan Mason.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 am

Joppe84 wrote:Why won't this forum let you edit posts from cellphones?  Fourth fucking edit and nothing is happening

I use Android and it works ok for me. Tell us what you're using and maybe someone with the same bit of kit can check to see if edit works for them.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 34 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next