The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:07 am

DN1982 wrote:I don't understand the fascination about the owner attending every game. If we get bought out and the owner never puts a foot in VP I couldn't care less as long as he put money in. Lerner never attended because he's priorities changed. Most Villa fans have had that happen to them in their life. Hopefully whoever is the owner buts a management system in place with a Chairman who the fans can see at games as even though it means little it does to some supporters.
It doesn't bother me personally, but I think when things aren't going well, it's an easy stick to beat the chairman with. I've done it myself even though I say I'm not bothered! It's all about perception I guess - things aren't going well, the previous manager is statistically the worst manager in our history, and "Lerner couldn't even be bothered to attend?"

Bottom line is if things were going great, no-one would care. But they haven't been, and it does create a perception, rightly or wrongly, that Lerner doesn't give a shit. Him laughing all the way through the cup final didn't help matters...

On a side note, on one of the games he did attend, I got a freebie in one of the boxes. We were playing Burnley I think, in the League Cup, and they equalised late on to take it to extra time. Annoyed, I stormed out of the box on my way to the loo, and as I did so, I nearly went flying into Lerner as he was walking past. He was quite nice about it, though.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:17 am

I hope it wont be a bunch of faceless investors, with a token figurehead to appease the fans. I think next time we anything significant will be official news from the club.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:18 am

DN1982 wrote:I don't understand the fascination about the owner attending every game. If we get bought out and the owner never puts a foot in VP I couldn't care less as long as he put money in. Lerner never attended because he's priorities changed. Most Villa fans have had that happen to them in their life. Hopefully whoever is the owner buts a management system in place with a Chairman who the fans can see at games as even though it means little it does to some supporters.

Totally agree with this, as long as he's a motivated owner who cares he never has to attend. Just make us great and watch from your golden throne ha! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:33 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Basically no one really knows but we've managed to short list it to anyonone in China, USA, Israel, Azerbaijan and the U.K. (except Paul Smith and Tony Adams). I think we can rule out a Sheikh as its Ramadan next week and who buys a football club on an empty stomach.
The thing is at 150-180 million we must be careful. What if a buyer completes a takeover after the transfer window shuts and in January let's say we're on about 25 points then they sell Benteke, Delph and Grealish for 70 odd mill and gamble that the remaining squad with maybe a few loanees will keep us up if not then there's the parachute payments so basically this time next year our owners could of recouped most if not all of their money. That's a worry, I only wish we could get someone involved who's villa through and through. Mr Mittal at QPR is very very rich yet it hasn't really helped them. The new guys should have some football knowledge and a connection with us fans otherwise it back to Shunamites and months without showing their faces.
Whoever it is I just hope they take time out to read a villa forum, any villa forum and realise this club means more to us than a few hours on a Saturday afternoon. This is our life, our passion, our dream, the pride of the Midlands, this is Aston Villa!
Prepared!

Forgive me if I've misunderstood but I don't think whoever is coming in will do so with the intention of asset stripping to recoup their investment. For instance, if Benteke leaves (and I'll be amazed if he doesn't) then it will have nothing to do with the new owners, it will be because he wants to leave! I'm confident whoever our new owners are will fully aware of what the job at hand is & will aspirations for the club to reclaim our rightful status
no you have misunderstood, what I meant was we can easily be seen as a quick money making deal i.e. purchase club cheap and asset strip, so we have to be careful. I trust Lerner will avoid those types though. if Benteke goes then I wont hold it against new owners if the money is then spent to strengthen the squad.

Keyser, what do you think the likelihood is of someone buying us and then asset stripping? You are concerning me.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 am

Trotters wrote:Jesus, those last 20 pages or so were lots of fun!

I think people need to have a read of the below. And when they've read it, read it again.

GadgetMan wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
Suits wrote:With the exception of maybe one person I don't think anyone on here or on any other forum knows the name of the prospective buyer.

Agreed.

Yet so many 'know' the nationality, funny isn't it?! I said late yesterday the amount of people supposedly ITK about this deal, who previously knew diddly squat is staggering, the internet as a whole is either awash with people from the inner circle, or billy bullshitters/Believe anything they here. It's just not possible for so many to know some of the things been said. I've seen close up how these deals work and with NDA's hardly any info gets out!!

The people who really DO know people, aren't saying a whole lot. At least not publicly. Everyone else is playing "whoever shouts loudest is right".

Person W is absolutely certain his info is current, from a good source and nailed on it's the Chinese.
Person X is equally certain that W is wrong and the new owners are American.
Person Y just wants to piss on everyone's chips and thinks Lerner is staying.
Person Z is making me wet myself laughing with his hopes that it's Larry Ellison. You'll do me for me, sunshine! :) :)

Let's chill and see what the coming week brings. We've all said our piece, we all know where everyone else stands so let's watch the media, the social networks, etc and see if anything new comes out.

Right now I'd be interested to ask about the new FFP rules. Or rather, the FFP "relaxation". If these rules haven't been ratified yet then, as GM quite rightly pointed out, the owners better be sure they'll fall under the new 4-year rule. Can you imagine if they bought the club only for Platini to say "Non, non, monsieur....you 'ave jumped zee gun and zee rule does not apply to you".

Fuck me, that'd be an unmitigated disaster.

So, the question is this: are the new rules Platini is proposing good to go now or will they take a few weeks/months to kick in? Because it'd be useless if Larry takes over but can't spend diddly squat!

Also, what's to stop the current owners of Man City and their ilk selling the club to their brother so the spending shackles are off?

This is what interests me the most and any deal and date of completion could hinge on this info!! Let's say it's ratified late July (for example) would you buy a club before then knowing you'll be restricted by FFP but if you wait another month you won't be? As I said yesterday, this is one to watch and could hold the key to when our deal is done!! :!: (remember these haha)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:37 am

South London Villan wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Basically no one really knows but we've managed to short list it to anyonone in China, USA, Israel, Azerbaijan and the U.K. (except Paul Smith and Tony Adams). I think we can rule out a Sheikh as its Ramadan next week and who buys a football club on an empty stomach.
The thing is at 150-180 million we must be careful. What if a buyer completes a takeover after the transfer window shuts and in January let's say we're on about 25 points then they sell Benteke, Delph and Grealish for 70 odd mill and gamble that the remaining squad with maybe a few loanees will keep us up if not then there's the parachute payments so basically this time next year our owners could of recouped most if not all of their money. That's a worry, I only wish we could get someone involved who's villa through and through. Mr Mittal at QPR is very very rich yet it hasn't really helped them. The new guys should have some football knowledge and a connection with us fans otherwise it back to Shunamites and months without showing their faces.
Whoever it is I just hope they take time out to read a villa forum, any villa forum and realise this club means more to us than a few hours on a Saturday afternoon. This is our life, our passion, our dream, the pride of the Midlands, this is Aston Villa!
Prepared!

Forgive me if I've misunderstood but I don't think whoever is coming in will do so with the intention of asset stripping to recoup their investment. For instance, if Benteke leaves (and I'll be amazed if he doesn't) then it will have nothing to do with the new owners, it will be because he wants to leave! I'm confident whoever our new owners are will fully aware of what the job at hand is & will aspirations for the club to reclaim our rightful status
no you have misunderstood, what I meant was we can easily be seen as a quick money making deal i.e. purchase club cheap and asset strip, so we have to be careful. I trust Lerner will avoid those types though. if Benteke goes then I wont hold it against new owners if the money is then spent to strengthen the squad.

Keyser, what do you think the likelihood is of someone buying us and then asset stripping? You are concerning me.

I think this is where RL morals and ethics will hopefully help us. He's a decent chap and I do trust him to carry out the right background checks to ensure he sells to the right person. He will be profiling someone and looking at previous business activity to ensure he avoids those types. I also don't think there's quick money to be made from a football club, wrong industry imo! I think we're relatively safe from asset stripping. It's avoiding more of the same I'm more concerned with.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:04 pm

The more recent type of American consortia are usually a group of hard nosed investors who know each other through their respective rise to riches.

These guys didn't get rich by being sentimental, they made their money through aggressive takeovers of failing businesses which they shamelessly asset stripped if it was too far gone.

That's how these guys get rich more often than not.

When they've made sufficient money they then get entry into an investors group where the intention is to buy nationally known failing institutions often sports related because of huge guaranteed media related income streams. The aim is usually to return a ball park figure of 300% on their initial investment.

So .... they're not in it for the sake of the club or institution that they buy .... they're in it for the money. Fortunately this can turn out to be mutually beneficial for both sides.

Initial investment has to be made to turn around the direction of the investment, but after the initial boost a more controlled and cost effective annual expenditure would be expected to be self financed. I'm generalising on a cross section of Sport Franchise takeovers that I've read about in the US, but it does seem to be the most usual method of operation and expectation for these groups.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Good afternoon. Are we there yet ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm

South London Villan wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Prepared!

no definitely not, my point was we could easily be, but ive got a feeling that's the last thing the guys who have been granted exclusivity will do. no I don't know who they are but I trust Lerner on this one.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm

We were sold back on page 13. Where the fuck have you been? Wink
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:given suits admission that the info is wrong and outdated I've removed the links as I don't think it's fair if any confidentiality has been breached.

Wow have i missed something? Are suits and mdrapers info wrong or not fully correct??? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 1662365926

I'm not 'ITK' mate. I just heard a couple of rumours but I'm reliably informed that they're wide of the mark so I'll refrain from posting anything takeover related from now on!

Wow easy tiger. I didnt mean anything by it. Just wondered if the Chinese group fronted by Villa old boys was still a go or not. I love all the people on hear that pass on the info they might have heard.
banneruk

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:22 pm

lukevilla wrote:
kimbo wrote:Can I just say by the way, for anyone that's not a regular poster (or even a sporadic poster) and is browsing this forum that doesn't get it, no-one on here *actually* thinks Larry Ellison is buying us. It's a running joke from one of our members.

Also, NO-ONE involved in the running of the site is pushing ITK either, we just don't jump on people as soon as they claim to know anything. We let people make up their own minds on what they believe, like adults should be able to.

Hope that helps.  Rolling Eyes

I think Larry Ellison is buying Villa Wink AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 498107619

Now this is what i want to hear, sod it if it isn't going to happen bring on Larry Very Happy
AVFClee
AVFClee

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:37 pm

banneruk wrote:
Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:given suits admission that the info is wrong and outdated I've removed the links as I don't think it's fair if any confidentiality has been breached.

Wow have i missed something? Are suits and mdrapers info wrong or not fully correct??? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 1662365926

I'm not 'ITK' mate. I just heard a couple of rumours but I'm reliably informed that they're wide of the mark so I'll refrain from posting anything takeover related from now on!

Wow easy tiger. I didnt mean anything by it. Just wondered if the Chinese group fronted by Villa old boys was still a go or not. I love all the people on hear that pass on the info they might have heard.

Cheers mate, I just don't want to pass on any wrong information that fans might get their hopes up about. Gonna just sit back and see how all this unfolds, hopefully we won't be waiting too long! My guess is this time next month.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:
Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:

Cheers mate, I just don't want to pass on any wrong information that fans might get their hopes up about. Gonna just sit back and see how all this unfolds, hopefully we won't be waiting too long! My guess is this time next month.

No worries mate, So are you hearing that the Chinese group fronted by Villa old boys is not correct?
I would just love someone who wants to win things and take Villa back to the place we should be.
I watched this video the other day and dream that one day this could be the Villa. Sends shivers down my spine. Scarf Waving

banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:04 pm

banneruk wrote:
Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:
Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:

No worries mate, So are you hearing that the Chinese group fronted by Villa old boys is not correct?
I would just love someone who wants to win things and take Villa back to the place we should be.
I watched this video the other day and dream that one day this could be the Villa. Sends shivers down my spine. Scarf Waving

I think the point being made is that there are so many conflicting rumours, from people who no doubt believe there is a basis of truth in them, but ultimately a take over is a hugely complicated deal & nothing is certain until it's signed & sealed, especially with NDA's signed by seemingly multiple parties meaning fresh information is unlikely to be forthcoming until it's all done & dusted. What was true a week ago or 2 weeks ago, isn't necessarily true now. Those NDA's really do bloody work!!!
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:23 pm

JG is correct, There appears to have been a flurry of 'takeover related' activity lately which means that previously gleaned info can become redundant very quickly. NDA's will efficiently keep things quiet, but just because their is a 'period of exclusivity' in place (obviously favouring one bidder) doesn't mean that other registered interested parties won't be strengthening their own bids on the assumption that the lead bidder might stumble during POE.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
banneruk wrote:
Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:
Suits wrote:
banneruk wrote:

I think the point being made is that there are so many conflicting rumours, from people who no doubt believe there is a basis of truth in them, but ultimately a take over is a hugely complicated deal & nothing is certain until it's signed & sealed, especially with NDA's signed by seemingly multiple parties meaning fresh information is unlikely to be forthcoming until it's all done & dusted. What was true a week ago or 2 weeks ago, isn't necessarily true now. Those NDA's really do bloody work!!!

Spot on. Couldn't of put it any better myself AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 3769219917

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Time to wait and see guys as frustrating as it is. I'm sure we won't have to wait too long (I hope)

In the meantime, let's get searching for planes, trains and automobiles I'll get my coat
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Time to wait and see guys as frustrating as it is. I'm sure we won't have to wait too long (I hope)

In the meantime, let's get searching for planes, trains and automobiles I'll get my coat

Don't forget the canals. I'm sure Larry has a luxury barge
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Usmanov's yacht was still in Antibes 8 minutes ago. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Time to wait and see guys as frustrating as it is. I'm sure we won't have to wait too long (I hope)

Just seen him on the Bromsgrove canal. He is having trouble with the lock but is still on schedule for arriving at VP around 6 tonight. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 50815218
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Valero's Gulfstream G550 landed at Birmingham Airport (BHX) at 3pm on Wednesday from San Antonio Texas, for it's first ever visit. It's still here guys.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 50815218
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:32 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Just seen him on the Bromsgrove canal. He is having trouble with the lock but is still on schedule for arriving at VP around 6 tonight. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 50815218
There's 30 locks on the famous Tardebigge lock section near Bromsgrove. It's the largest number of locks in the UK. He could be some time! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:35 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

There's 30 locks on the famous Tardebigge lock section near Bromsgrove. It's the largest number of locks in the UK. He could be some time! Scarf Waving
Maybe he has stopped off for a spot of roach fishing ? Quality fishing on that canal vb. Maybe he will be at VP about 8ish then ? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 1662365926
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:37 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Usmanov's yacht was still in Antibes 8 minutes ago. Very Happy

But have you checked where his submarines are????
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next