The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Arsenal v Aston Villa

+23
Fpuppys
snitum
Con
UnclePanda
Dazzle
Sky
Green Villan
thegaffer6
Jae1411
LVBrit
gdav
DaveAV1
avfc85
NARLA24
achilles
KMitch
mefromhere
VillaBill
Thinman
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
kimbo
villabromsgrove
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gunners or Blanks?

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap4%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap12%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap27%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 7 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_lcap41%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 26

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Very, very disappointing performance. I thought some of our players were better than that. Sanchez has just put in the worst performance I can remember in a Villa shirt. We deserved that thrashing, and I thought the scoreline flattered us .... Shocking!
villabromsgrove

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:39 pm

It reminds me if the 5-0 drubbing we received in O'Drearys days. That led to his departure fairly soon after so maybe there will be a silver lining.
Thinman
Thinman

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:40 pm

We are by far the worst side in the league
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Lambert is clueless. Sanchez had his worst game since joining yet stayed on the pitch longer than Cleverley? I don't rate him but at least he could find a pass today. Those players can still comfortably finish mid table but not with Lambert as manager, it's that simple
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:We are by far the worst side in the league

Try Europe mate.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Agree Snitum, if it wasn't for the shirt colour i would swear he was Arsenal best midfielder, gave away 90% of his passes and never looked comfortable with the ball. Sanchez should have been subed at the 30 minute mark and not when we were 4-0 down the guy needs to have pockets sewn into his shorts and a lamp post strapped to his back, but i guarantee he will start again against Chelsea if Lambert is still in charge.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Green Villan wrote:
thegaffer6 wrote:We are by far the worst side in the league

Try Europe mate.

You're right.... I'm questioning why my dad made me a Vila fan, if anyone loved their child they wouldn't put them through this!! On another note has there been anything from Lamberts interview? I'm eager to listen to him clutch at more straws than a masturbating scarecrow
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Is anyone in the least remotely surprised ?

Relegation , i fear, is the only way we are gonna be shot of Mr Lambert im afraid !

I will embrace the Championship if it rids us of this tool !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm

That lot should hang their heads in shame today, Absolutely disgraceful performance.
Sanchez,
Richardson,
Benteke
were abysmal and should all be dropped after that. If those players can't be arsed to perform for the 10s of thousand of pounds a week they are on they should be publicly shamed in my opinion.

Although they're doing a pretty good job of doing that themselves now anyway.... What does my head in is that we are that much of a laughing stock right now that every wimpish plastic football fan i come into contact with are all using this sorry club as the bane of they're childish dimwitted and utlra sad jokes right now....

The saddest part of it all is i genuinely was sat at home with an afternoon off for a change and i didn't even bother to turn the game on.. and yes i have Sky tv which i pay about £60 a month for.... WHY??!!

I just 100% knew this would happen today, we would play crap, not score or even barely manage to attempt to score and concede however many at the back. The actual team he played beggars belief.
Richardson...awful player,
Benteke...used to be good once upon a time,
Weiman.. exactly...Why Man??
Cleverly... der? Does what exactly?
It goes on & on... Well done PL another new record... longest ever stretch without a goal...Why on Earth would i bother to watch it?!! :shock:

So instead i just checked in on occasion to the threads on the internet ... low and behold , as happens every week, we were awful with zero attacking ideas.

Aston Villa you have become an embarrassment to be associated with.

Last edited by The Utterer on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:08 pm

We were never going to win the three points but that performance has actually cost us a point due to now having the worst goal difference in the league. I don't mind losing (let's face it we're used to it) but to be so unprofessional as to throw away 5 goals in a "kamikazi, defend on the half way line" kind of way is unforgivable when you're paid a small fortune to manage and play for the claret and blue.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:24 pm

As regards Aston Villa I've been passionate, I've been vocal, I've been angry, I've been realistic, I've even tried to be optimistic. But after that performance I'm just struggling to find a fuck to give anymore.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Remarkable match. After the first five minutes we thought 6-0 but Arsenal didn't take all their chances.

Weimann was the only person on the pitch actually putting all his effort in and was in attack and defence almost at the same time. He's a striker. This is right, no? He's also the only one out of our normal front line of him, Benteke and Gabby who actually moves when not off the ball and doesn't just stand there waiting.

If we had someone employed to actually tell the players where they are playing and what they're doing I'd suggest they have a long, hard look at how Arsenal played today. Everyone knows Villa will be trying to get the Ball to Benteke, so they mark him with more than one player. Every time Arsenal went on the attack it seemed to be with four of their players, any of whom was capable of scoring and options galore.

Why was Gil stuck on the far right? Why were he and Weimann often back helping the defence or coming right back to bring the ball forward? Surely they're supposed to be up front with Benteke?

Sanchez had a rubbish game against Bournemouth, we can't afford to mess around, if Lambert is playing either him or Westwood then until Sanchez gets his act together it has to be Westwod.

We appeared to have more players on the attack and caught out of position that I've seen before. The defensive line was too high, Richardson and Hutton seemed to spend a lot of time missing upfield. If we're going to play like this at least play three central defenders with Okore allowed to venture slightly forward. We also need someone in charge of defence, we really are missing Vlaar controlling that back line.

Benteke isn't working and nor is basing our entire single tactic on getting the ball to him (was I right in thinking he only won one long ball?), we need a drastic change of plan.

Last edited by FoxyAV on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:31 pm

VillaBill wrote:Is anyone in the least remotely surprised ?

Relegation , i fear, is the only way we are gonna be shot of Mr Lambert im afraid !

I will embrace the Championship if it rids us of this tool !

He is unsackable. I worry that even if we make it to the Championship we'll still be lumbered with him. Will we keep hold of any decent players we have who still care about playing for Villa? I'm talking about the likes of Westwood, Weimann, Clark and, er...

Oh yes, Grealish. I'd like to include Delph in this list but I'm still convinced he's better off as an attacking player - at least when he gives the ball away it will be further away from our goal.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Benteke needs dropping. Who for, I don't know, but he needs a kick up his lazy fucking backside.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Lambert has said that we went into today's game with confidence!

Well if that's how we play with confidence then .........

(Add your own end to this sentence).
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Thinman wrote:Well if that's how we play with confidence then ...

...we're going to see Chelsea put eight past us again?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:46 pm

In fact for the AV vs Chelsea match thread can we have a poll option for 'slaughter'?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:52 pm

I think I heard Paul Lambert say in his post match interview, that we didn't put our chances away and we would work on that in training this week .... (so everything will be alright when we play Chelsea) Our defending must have been alright then, so don't worry it's all under control!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:15 pm

We train?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes, as punishment, the team will be made to train this week.
They will have to work on finishing this time as going a hundred league games without a goal just won't do. So its time, now, to act.
Well done Paul. Well done.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Well well well, that was all rather predictable wasn't it? from the defeat, to the no goals, the manner in which we set out, the lack of balls, fight and leadership, all of it utterly predictable and realistic (we all knew it was coming, how's that for realism Paul?)

We also know he won't be sacked, Fox has made it abundently clear, "Not even a hard decision" he said, so they've not even once stopped and thought "Hang on, is all well here"? Total B*ll*cks. It's sadly not a 'false narrative' Tom, it's a rather bleak and depressing one and one I fear will end in the ultimate punishment....

Then you can all pack your bags, Lerner, Fox, Lambert AND many of the players, because IF Aston Villa go down on YOUR watch, it will be an utter disgrace, worthy of all your heads.

I'm beyond disgusted, yet thoroughly non surprised. Cheers Villa Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:09 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Well well well, that was all rather predictable wasn't it? from the defeat, to the no goals, the manner in which we set out, the lack of balls, fight and leadership, all of it utterly predictable and realistic (we all knew it was coming, how's that for realism Paul?)

We also know he won't be sacked, Fox has made it abundently clear, "Not even a hard decision" he said, so they've not even once stopped and thought "Hang on, is all well here"? Total B*ll*cks. It's sadly not a 'false narrative' Tom, it's a rather bleak and depressing one and one I fear will end in the ultimate punishment....

Then you can all pack your bags, Lerner, Fox, Lambert AND many of the players, because IF Aston Villa go down on YOUR watch, it will be an utter disgrace, worthy of all your heads.

I'm beyond disgusted, yet thoroughly non surprised. Cheers Villa Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 4 3769219917

Im hopeful what fox did last week was the dreaded vote of confidence! Scarf Waving
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:40 pm

I Wow I only saw the first 20 mins as we were having lunch at the inlaws... Sat back down after my food & it was 4-0?? Oh well at least I got to see the 5th go in (what a finish).
So after a week of positive PR bullshit its back down to earth with a bump/smash. We are bad enough to go down its not a false narrative?? We are that piss poor & knowone at the club realises it or is willing to try anything to stop it.
Make no mistake Lambert will religate this great club & the way things are shaping up it will be this year.
🎻
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Lets not get too despondent over this result, just as I didn’t get carried away by Villa beating Bournemouth Reserves I am not getting down by being beaten by Arsenal (without their best player)! These are not the games Villa are going to win, nobody expected Villa to win, so its no surprise, so lets just move on.

As a famous manager says ‘We go again’ and it will be exactly the same next week.

The game we can’t afford to lose is the Hull game! Lets see if I am still rational after that one!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:36 am

I agree achillies, we won't get relegated losing to top six clubs, it's the likes of Hull etc that will be our downfall, if we don't get results from those games.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next