The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Arsenal v Aston Villa

+23
Fpuppys
snitum
Con
UnclePanda
Dazzle
Sky
Green Villan
thegaffer6
Jae1411
LVBrit
gdav
DaveAV1
avfc85
NARLA24
achilles
KMitch
mefromhere
VillaBill
Thinman
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
kimbo
villabromsgrove
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Gunners or Blanks?

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 7 ]
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_lcap41%Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 26

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa

Post by Dazzle Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 am

achilles wrote:Lets not get too despondent over this result, just as I didn’t get carried away by Villa beating Bournemouth Reserves I am not getting down by being beaten by Arsenal (without their best player)! These are not the games Villa are going to win, nobody expected Villa to win, so its no surprise, so lets just move on.

As a famous manager says ‘We go again’ and it will be exactly the same next week.

The game we can’t afford to lose is the Hull game! Lets see if I am still rational after that one!

Nothing personal at all, but I really hate seeing this type of statement. For me it brings a state of acceptance into the mind, that it's ok to lose, nothing more expected. It's not ok to lose, it's not ok to perform abysmally. It's eleven versus eleven, every man should be expected to win his personal battle to further the team. To try and pick the games you want to win is a recipe for relegation. It's Exactly that type of attitude that has almost certainly permeated into the players and the reason why Villa cannot piece together a string of positive results. For Christ sake, we think two wins back to back is a string these day's we've fallen so low, and that happens once in a blue moon. It's not good enough, and yet somehow it's been allowed to become the norm. Not for me.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:09 am

Dazzle wrote:
achilles wrote:Lets not get too despondent over this result, just as I didn’t get carried away by Villa beating Bournemouth Reserves I am not getting down by being beaten by Arsenal (without their best player)! These are not the games Villa are going to win, nobody expected Villa to win, so its no surprise, so lets just move on.

As a famous manager says ‘We go again’ and it will be exactly the same next week.

The game we can’t afford to lose is the Hull game! Lets see if I am still rational after that one!

Nothing personal at all, but I really hate seeing this type of statement. For me it brings a state of acceptance into the mind, that it's ok to lose, nothing more expected. It's not ok to lose, it's not ok to perform abysmally. It's eleven versus eleven, every man should be expected to win his personal battle to further the team. To try and pick the games you want to win is a recipe for relegation. It's Exactly that type of attitude that has almost certainly permeated into the players and the reason why Villa cannot piece together a string of positive results. For Christ sake, we think two wins back to back is a string these day's we've fallen so low, and that happens once in a blue moon. It's not good enough, and yet somehow it's been allowed to become the norm. Not for me.

Unfortunately that is how far we have fallen under Lerner/Lambert and nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future.
Therefore you either beat yourself up over these sorts of results and achieve nothing or try and rationalise it and focus on teams Villa have a chance against.
None of this is acceptable but its what we have and been driven too.

Do I like this situation, I bloody well don’t but I am fed up of inflicting this misery on my family every weekend it really isn’t fair
therefore I have to accept the situation for what it is and not what I want it to be and just try to deal with it better!
achilles
achilles

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 am

achilles wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

Unfortunately that is how far we have fallen under Lerner/Lambert and nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future.
Therefore you either beat yourself up over these sorts of results and achieve nothing or try and rationalise it and focus on teams Villa have a chance against.
None of this is acceptable but its what we have and been driven too.

Do I like this situation, I bloody well don’t but I am fed up of inflicting this misery on my family every weekend it really isn’t fair
therefore I have to accept the situation for what it is and not what I want it to be and just try to deal with it better!
I agree with you Achilles. When things are totally beyond your control you have to rationalise the situation or go bonkers. Sad but true.
villabromsgrove

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am

I don't find it acceptable that our expectations are what they are, but unfortunately we have to be realistic considering the current regime.

I didn't expect us to beat Arsenal, I didn't even expect a point, I DID expect better than the abject shower of shite we witnessed Sunday lunchtime. It was a bloody embarrassment.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:59 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't find it acceptable that our expectations are what they are, but unfortunately we have to be realistic considering the current regime.

I didn't expect us to beat Arsenal, I didn't even expect a point, I DID expect better than the abject shower of shite we witnessed Sunday lunchtime. It was a bloody embarrassment.  
That was my expectation as well. I expected us to lose but to give a good account of ourselves. Hmmm!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't find it acceptable that our expectations are what they are, but unfortunately we have to be realistic considering the current regime.

I have said that so many times under Lambert's regime that I have lost count! lol!
achilles
achilles

Arsenal v Aston Villa - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5