The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

+38
Dek of Villa
Sensitive Sid
pcfbavfcoman
heystally!
USVillan
The Utterer
switters
KMitch
danclare82
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
DomAVFC
Jo64
roba19
Olof Mellberg
Jae1411
Staffslion
AVit
kimbo
whiteensign
mefromhere
Green Villan
Wigteke
WendyOz
Kakacroom
mickeywya
Fpuppys
CTVillan
Dions_Bald_Head
Hornso
VTID85
My Old Man
villashrew
Thinman
villabromsgrove
Southern Villan
Trotters
Villa_Dan
42 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How will we do against Arsenal

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 21 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread Empty Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Great result away at Liverpool. How will we do against Arsenal guys and girls ?
I am going for a 2-1 win for Villa.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Draw. I think we'll really put some pressure on Arsenal and not give them room to breathe which will unsettle them, but I think they'll score and it'll be 1-1
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Got a feeling Benteke may make an appearence in this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:13 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Great result away at Liverpool. How will we do against Arsenal guys and girls ?

Did you forget to vote?
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Trotters wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Great result away at Liverpool. How will we do against Arsenal guys and girls ?

Did you forget to vote?
Erm............................... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:09 pm

I am going for a draw. But maybe I should predict a defeat as it served us well vs Stoke and Liverpool.

I have a nagging suspicion that the law of averages will start to kick in and we will get done by a moment of quality from the gooners. That said I think we will be in the game in the second half and whether hanging on or chasing the game villa park will be rocking, which will be fantastic.

And to echo what others have said, even if we get outplayed at least we know the boys will show some fight which is an improvement on the last two years when you couldn't be sure they would. Now we have a team attitude to be proud of and long may it last. Looking forward to it. UTV.
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:24 pm

I can't predict our results at the moment. I'm too used to expecting the worst, and I'm dazed by our current success.

Ps: I've predicted the worst on the poll! Embarassed
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Baker was good yesterday but I'd rather Vlarr was back.

A draw would be a good result.
Thinman
Thinman

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Going for a win, 2-1 Wiemann and Benteke injury time winner! Very Happy
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 pm

They looked good yesterday, their midfield especially so. Again, like Liverpool they have champions league in the week, and there is usually a drop in performance levels after playing in europe. That will suit us, so i am going for a draw.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 pm

villashrew wrote:Going for a win, 2-1 Wiemann and Benteke injury time winner! Very Happy

Jeez..imagine the buzz if your right 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:35 pm

My Old Man wrote:
villashrew wrote:Going for a win, 2-1 Wiemann and Benteke injury time winner! Very Happy

Well he has tweeted that he is fully fit and back in full training tomorrow. The people doing his rehab have said they have never met anyone so determined or focused to get back and reckon he is fighting fit to play again. All bodes well with the atmosphere that must be going on around the place at the moment. All the squad must be buzzing knowing that Vlaar, Tekkers and Kozak all nearing full fitness with our fixtures coming up.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:42 pm

villashrew wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

Well he has tweeted that he is fully fit and back in full training tomorrow. The people doing his rehab have said they have never met anyone so determined or focused to get back and reckon he is fighting fit to play again. All bodes well with the atmosphere that must be going on around the place at the moment. All the squad must be buzzing knowing that Vlaar, Tekkers and Kozak all nearing full fitness with our fixtures coming up.

Apparently, he was at Bodymoor today, Missus seen him coming out the gates this afternoon, so they are definately working overtime with him 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 am

As long as Lawrenson has us down to lose again, we should do alright!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 am

I'm sure the optimism will pop sooner rather than later, but I'm thinking we can manage a draw.
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 am

Senderos performing in front of his old boss could either inspire an extra 10% from him or over exuberance - 2 goals or a sending off is equally likely.

I will say that if we don't win then we'll have to practically kiss the title goodbye... Laughing
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:08 pm

I think we are still a better away side than home. We seemed to be more comfortable defending our lead against Liverpool than we were against Hull. For that reason I'm not getting carried away over our chances against Arsenal. A draw will be a good result particularly if scoreless.

Anybody worried that Guzan isn't getting much ball handling practice these days? :)
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Thinman wrote:I think we are still a better away side than home. We seemed to be more comfortable defending our lead against Liverpool than we were against Hull. For that reason I'm not getting carried away over our chances against Arsenal. A draw will be a good result particularly if scoreless.

Anybody worried that Guzan isn't getting much ball handling practice these days? :)

Not worried about his handling, but his distribution of the ball is very poor. Somebody needs to drum into him that there are other options than hoofing the ball up to somebody whom has nobody in support or the ability to do that hold up job, the result being the ball just comes straight back with us under continuous pressure.

Just roll it out so we can pass it around a little. This takes up more time, gives our players a breather, and more opportunity to play the right ball into feet.

This is my major frustration with the side at the moment.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:22 pm

First goal is the key , if we concede first , do we have the guile to impose ourselves on the opposition ?
Villa score first , we know we now have a team to defend a lead & catch Arsenal on the break , im going for a pulsating Desmond !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:10 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Thinman wrote:I think we are still a better away side than home. We seemed to be more comfortable defending our lead against Liverpool than we were against Hull. For that reason I'm not getting carried away over our chances against Arsenal. A draw will be a good result particularly if scoreless.

Not worried about his handling, but his distribution of the ball is very poor. Somebody needs to drum into him that there are other options than hoofing the ball up to somebody whom has nobody in support or the ability to do that hold up job, the result being the ball just comes straight back with us under continuous pressure.

Just roll it out so we can pass it around a little. This takes up more time, gives our players a breather, and more opportunity to play the right ball into feet.

This is my major frustration with the side at the moment.

Did anyone else notice Delph go mad at him early in the second half when he was in two minds as to whether to roll it put quick of hoof?

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:11 pm

VillaBill wrote:First goal is the key , if we concede first , do we have the guile to impose ourselves on the opposition ?
Villa score first , we know we now have a team to defend a lead & catch Arsenal on the break , im going for a pulsating Desmond !

afro
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:18 pm

It'll be a draw and Ozil will walk off the pitch midway through the first half in tears after a Hutton-Senderos combo-takedown.
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 pm

From a pure PR standpoint, if Arsenal's young players fail to make an impact, I'd be throwing Grealish on around the 60 minute mark and tell him to fancy it up. The media would be all over him and, by extension, the Villa.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Trotters wrote:From a pure PR standpoint, if Arsenal's young players fail to make an impact, I'd be throwing Grealish on around the 60 minute mark and tell him to fancy it up. The media would be all over him and, by extension, the Villa.

Them playing in Europe this week may have a huge burden on how this game pans out. I might be tempted to put Gabby on the bench and use his pace for the last 30 minutes or so. With that, i also think they will be looking for that early goal, which may gives us an opening to get behind them. It needs to be done without the hoof though, no good giving them the ball straight back! Very Happy
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 pm

CTVillan wrote:It'll be a draw and Ozil will walk off the pitch midway through the first half in tears after a Hutton-Senderos combo-takedown.

Hope Ozil does start, that's Arsenal down to ten men straight from kick off, he's having a tough time at the moment as seen in the City game. Only worry for me is Welbeck and Alexis need to contain them outside the box and not get drawn into silly tackles inside the box. Mike Jones the Ref for this encounter ( Never lost a game when he's been in charge, as far as i can see.)

Going to say Villa win 2-1. Senderos, Grealish goals.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next