The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+92
gdale1
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
Villa jimmy
mefromhere
Withes Sweatbands
plastic
Sky
pooligan
Dazzle
Government Agencey
Saunders
Chrissylee1111
villawayne
R1chuk
villashrew
snitum
ROTTERDAM1982
omariqy
ejs1111
avfc85
Saunders82
Denis_B
tbarrules
jvilla
smetro
Dek of Villa
AVFClee
Wriggle
KMitch
Angel of Haarlem
Mooseman
De Kuip
Wigteke
Suits
The Great white walnut
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Robbo
danclare82
FoxyAV
DaveAV1
villabromsgrove
Poseidon
thegaffer6
Kaz
Desperate Villan
bruka
achilles
Morgan Villa
Trotters
heystally!
gdav
kimbo
VillaBill
AstonThriller
USAVillan
Jo64
HarryAVFC
marcxc1983
savo
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
ember
lukevilla
mrshnn
jd
Dave Hall
Malandro
LVBrit
UnclePanda
GadgetMan
South London Villan
Mazrim
pcfbavfcoman
thetrees
Villa_Dan
AVit
CoE82
Thinman
NARLA24
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
Dennis Evans
Dions_Bald_Head
The Utterer
gwentvillan
Kakacroom
Army villain
Synopsis
Morpheus
jeffvilla
Green Villan
96 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by gdav Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Jack seems like an honest guy to me, how many of us would not take to twiter or facebook if promises had been broken.
I know some fans say he's had a chance but 1 game is not a chance.
Look at Sanchez's first game now look at him now, he looks like a differnt player!! 
He needs games because there is no way he would play worse than gabby or even put less effort in than Benteke.
gdav
gdav

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Suits Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Couldn't agree more mate. I think he'd certainly contribute more than Gabby, Weimann & N'Zogbia have lately, could also add Benteke's recent performances to that list as he's been dire. If our fans continue to persecute him for showing his emotions then he'll just become like every other robotic footballer.
Suits

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Some are trying to knock him down before he's even really kicked a ball but those same fans Lord over Gabby because "he's a local lad" & a "one club man"??? Gabby has underperformed for years & aparantly doesn't train much better than he plays on matchday.

the day he's replaced will be a very happy one for me. Very Happy
gdav
gdav

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Someone tweeted this about Gilan

neil holloway ‏@nfholloway_neil
Don't want to sound like an ITK, but have spoken to someone in Baku at Gilan Holding and there seems to be some truth in the takeover #AVFC

Somebody care to tweet him and ask for more info? Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:51 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Someone tweeted this about Gilan

neil holloway ‏@nfholloway_neil
Don't want to sound like an ITK, but have spoken to someone in Baku at Gilan Holding and there seems to be some truth in the takeover #AVFC

Somebody care to tweet him and ask for more info? Very Happy
I wonder how we would go about explaining Financial Fair Play to an Azerbaijani Minister for special emergencies who is used to having the country's coffers at his disposal. That could prove tricky, especially if he thought buying Messi was the solution to AVFC's latest special emergency. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:58 pm

"Messi? Do we need another left back ?" Says Lambert
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:11 pm

mefromhere wrote:"Messi? Do we need another left back ?" Says Lambert
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1956653425
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Just to put it all into perspective, TBAR had nothing to do with any of these rumours, this is all down to you lot.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Tumblr_static_tumblr_lnczwpcnjs1qzvd2s
i think that would be well advised AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 498107619

Different times, different people and different approach now thankfully, we listen and learn,m however we do still wear white suits occasionally AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1662365926 ha! As VB said, all these rumours are external to anyone from the mod team, we are however happy to welcome it and discuss it (whilst keeping in mind it's speculation) personally find it quite enjoyable... Scarf Waving

Last edited by GadgetMan on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:22 pm

mefromhere wrote:"Messi? Do we need another left back ?" Says Lambert

quoted for truth lol
Synopsis
Synopsis

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:32 pm

I know that Gould is now quoting that Allen is negotiating with fox but I really can not see this happening. If we did have a bid from the other bunch for 225 mil and this was dependant on us staying in the league then randy would have first got it in writing, he would have then invested to make sure that we stay in the league.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Just to put it all into perspective, TBAR had nothing to do with any of these rumours, this is all down to you lot.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Tumblr_static_tumblr_lnczwpcnjs1qzvd2s
i think that would be well advised AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 498107619

Different times, different people and different approach now thankfully, we listen and learn,m however we do still wear white suits occasionally AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1662365926 ha! As VB said, all these rumours are external to anyone from the mod team, we are however happy to welcome it and discuss it (whilst keeping in mind it's speculation) personally find it quite enjoyable... Scarf Waving
GM, Kimbo, Maz and Trotters all look good in their white suits in the Mod's Lounge Bar, but I personally favour a Dark suit. Dark trousers are much safer at my age! Embarassed
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:44 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

GM, Kimbo, Maz and Trotters all look good in their white suits in the Mod's Lounge Bar, but I personally favour a Dark suit. Dark trousers are much safer at my age! Embarassed
I'm far too big for bright colours. I look like a blimp. Basically dress like a fat Johnny Cash (but trainers rather than Cowboy boots... I do own a Stetson though!) and as I was fuck all to do with the Admin era (as is the case for most of the mods now) I'm all for the darker look  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 pm

When Allen was looking at saints in 2007 this is what his guys said about the club -

'Southampton is a sleeping giant, a family-supported club with traditional values, and we see the value in taking the brand global.'

I wonder if they are still thinking along these lines...
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:48 pm

I'd love Paul Allen. The Seahawks have enjoyed great success recently but more importantly the club is big on the fans. They're known as The 12th Man (as a title for the entire fan base) and have set world records for their noise etc. He knows how important fans are to sports teams.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by therailboy Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Not sure if it's been posted before but just seen Randy's put his jet up for sale... just shy of $40 million usd (listed since 28th October).

http://www.aviationdealerindex.com/aircraft_details.asp?aircraft_id=189341&comp_id=12142
therailboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Given that he has shown an interest in buying a club over here before, is known to be a relatively frequent visitor to these shores, and doesn't have the same level of business commitments as plenty of other billionaires, it does feel like it could be more valid than some of the other links.

Likewise, the Gillan Holdings link, because of the area of the world it's from and their new uprising in terms of sports ventures with cash to back it up, could also make a lot more sense than anything that was getting thrown around in the summer.

Either one would excite the hell out of me, truth be told; and on that note, I'm off to bed, possibly to dream of a world we're Villa are mega friggin' rich  Laughing Sleep
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:02 pm

Good to see takeover news hotting up. Jack Grealish is a young man who is going to mess things up once in a while like everyone does when they are young.

UTV
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 pm

therailboy wrote:Not sure if it's been posted before but just seen Randy's put his jet up for sale... just shy of $40 million usd (listed since 28th October).

http://www.aviationdealerindex.com/aircraft_details.asp?aircraft_id=189341&comp_id=12142

I 'think' he has a new shiny one and that is why that one is for sale? TheTress may be able to confirm this, or any one else up on their aviation news for that matter. I'm too busy looking at ipad parts on ebay for a fiver to look at $40 planes Laughing
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:10 am

Someone on another forum posted this..

For what it's worth, it's getting reported in the States that he may buy us. An American friend of mine in Oregon just heard it mentioned on the news. They also sent me a link to this article http://www.sounderatheart.com/2015/1/20/7856817/aston-villa-paul-allen-sounders-seahawks

Honestly lads this is probably the best set of links we've had since Randy made his statement confirming his intention to sell. The key now is whether these links grow into something concrete. Jonny Gould seems to be hinting that Paul Allen and Randy have opened talks.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:32 am

AstonThriller wrote:Someone on another forum posted this..

For what it's worth, it's getting reported in the States that he may buy us. An American friend of mine in Oregon just heard it mentioned on the news. They also sent me a link to this article http://www.sounderatheart.com/2015/1/20/7856817/aston-villa-paul-allen-sounders-seahawks

Honestly lads this is probably the best set of links we've had since Randy made his statement confirming his intention to sell. The key now is whether these links grow into something concrete. Jonny Gould seems to be hinting that Paul Allen and Randy have opened talks.

That article pretty mush rubbishes the 'report' and quotes a Villa twitter blog. The mention on the news is more interesting. All a pipe dream though surely? As I just said elsewhere, it was MLK day yesterday, didn't he say something about "Dare to Dream" AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1662365926 Scarf Waving Do it Allen DO IT!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 am

Yes GM but the article generally seems to think it won't happen on the basis that Paul Allen isn't interested in soccerball. So why was he interested in buying Southampton in 2007? There's a big difference in being only slightly interested in a fairly small MLS team that you have a minority holding in and owning one of the greatest clubs in history playing in the biggest league on the planet. Add to that the opportunity to revive probably the only true sleeping giant in the PL and all the glory that would bring to the man who does it and we have a winner!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 am

The article seems to be based on him being a minority owner of the Sounders. But ignores the fact that Allen is a big sports fan (owns the seahawks, the trail blazers basketball team, and part owns the Sounders), and that Allen has used the partnership to share resources etc - the Seahawks and the Sounders share their general staff and the ticketing, marketing, and finance functions of both teams are ran by 1 group of people. Paul Allen likes Sports teams, and he also knows how to cut expenses within them to trim the costs in running.

He's a smart guy.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:25 am

My sense is that Paul Allen fits the exact criteria Lerner would be looking for, not just the asking price. He is a yank, a philanthropist, a sports team owner, all like Randy - they have a lot in common. Moreover, he is already investing in 'soccer' and was serious about Saints in 2007. It strikes me he had a business model for a championship outfit back then, which he still intends to carry out but perhaps now AVFC represents better value albeit more expensive being in the prem. And actually, this could be a sign that he is not afraid of owning a championship club - which bodes well eh given the way we're going!
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:30 am

Dan and jv spot on!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:33 am

Oh yeah - and I think he looked at Saints in 2007 purely because that's where his huge boat would have parked. Maybe he's had time to distill the plan and sees the potential we all see at AVFC.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next