The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+92
gdale1
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
Villa jimmy
mefromhere
Withes Sweatbands
plastic
Sky
pooligan
Dazzle
Government Agencey
Saunders
Chrissylee1111
villawayne
R1chuk
villashrew
snitum
ROTTERDAM1982
omariqy
ejs1111
avfc85
Saunders82
Denis_B
tbarrules
jvilla
smetro
Dek of Villa
AVFClee
Wriggle
KMitch
Angel of Haarlem
Mooseman
De Kuip
Wigteke
Suits
The Great white walnut
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Robbo
danclare82
FoxyAV
DaveAV1
villabromsgrove
Poseidon
thegaffer6
Kaz
Desperate Villan
bruka
achilles
Morgan Villa
Trotters
heystally!
gdav
kimbo
VillaBill
AstonThriller
USAVillan
Jo64
HarryAVFC
marcxc1983
savo
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
ember
lukevilla
mrshnn
jd
Dave Hall
Malandro
LVBrit
UnclePanda
GadgetMan
South London Villan
Mazrim
pcfbavfcoman
thetrees
Villa_Dan
AVit
CoE82
Thinman
NARLA24
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
Dennis Evans
Dions_Bald_Head
The Utterer
gwentvillan
Kakacroom
Army villain
Synopsis
Morpheus
jeffvilla
Green Villan
96 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:27 pm

jimbop wrote:this is painfully quiet on here AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1558371468

Too quiet. Best time to get hit some big news. Suspect
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
jimbop wrote:this is painfully quiet on here AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1558371468

Too quiet. Best time to get hit some big news. Suspect

hopefully but I think now there is certainly no takeover on the horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Evans Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:42 pm

How busy does it get when there are Villa matches on?
Dennis Evans

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Evans Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Trotters wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:

I'm not knocking the "site", i'm knocking the ignorant posters on it VB Very Happy . Same with them clowns on VT..constantly yapping away about this forum which only reveals how threatened they are by it.

What makes me laugh with Horns & Vuvuzelas is that so many of their regular members try so hard to suck up to people like Woodhall and their mods yet behind their backs in the private forums those same people are laughing at their own members with threads called:

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Image51

They criticise this place yet they charge people to have access to areas where that kind of behaviour is openly encouraged.

Charming people.  

What do they say in that place? I can't believe the punters aren't up in arms about that. Surely the run of the mill poster would take offence.
Dennis Evans

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Evans Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Personally I feel like in most things in life if you dislike something then vote with your feet, eh, fingers and post somewhere else. That's what I did and now enjoy posting much, much more.
Would they be because we are currently a Ma**is free zone? Very Happy
He
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Praying-mantis_1886764i
was and still is a very fine poster with some excellent points VBG but didn't know when to admit when he was wrong even when quoted his own posts.

He also infuriated others when engaged on the same subject and unfortunately then became part of what I had deemed the Vulture Club engaging posters on the basis of ridicule.

However the party was not the main reason why I left the site I previously posted on. I just didn't agree with how it was being run.

Who is this? Just reading through some old posts.

Dennis Evans

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:20 am

The traffic on this and many other sites, has taken a severe dip, with Villa being poor, no sign of any hope off the pitch, Apathy seems to be reigning supreme, the attendances at VP are severely down, and the atmosphere is pretty crap( not surprising really given what's on show on the pitch). Tom Fox has got a major job on his hands just selling the clubs vision( lack of it ) to the fans let alone potential investors and sponsors.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:41 am

Randy can have all the renewed enthusiasm he likes. Tom Fox can bring in all the sponsorship deals he likes. Lambert can go again as much as he likes. But until we have a team that can show they're capable and willing to string a dozen passes together in the opposition half and stick the ball in the net,  not a lot else matters.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:15 am

Trotters wrote:Randy can have all the renewed enthusiasm he likes. Tom Fox can bring in all the sponsorship deals he likes. Lambert can go again as much as he likes. But until we have a team that can show they're capable and willing to string a dozen passes together in the opposition half and stick the ball in the net,  not a lot else matters.

Agreed, but we've just played Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal.
And we have 10 points.
And didn't ship any 8-0 defeats to anyone!
Benteke's back.
Delph got the England call up we wanted.
Vlaar didn't leave immediately
Senderos is working out to be a tidy bit of business
Cissokho also seems to know which foot goes infront of the other
Hutton magically turned into a footballer
Keane joined, and gave us some passion
Grealish is starting to get game time (and re-signed)
Gabby scored! Twice, no less!
Fox was appointed (out of no-where)
Randy even cranked open his dusty wallet on a new player...

There are a tonne of reasons to be more optimistic than I was mid June last year.

Things to be less optimistic about:
No sigh of a multi-billionaire buyer...
Lamberts tactics are still a bit shit...

On balance, it's not that bad.
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 am

Mr_Spadge wrote:
Trotters wrote:Randy can have all the renewed enthusiasm he likes. Tom Fox can bring in all the sponsorship deals he likes. Lambert can go again as much as he likes. But until we have a team that can show they're capable and willing to string a dozen passes together in the opposition half and stick the ball in the net,  not a lot else matters.

And we have 10 points.
Benteke's back.  
Gabby scored!  Twice, no less!

There are a tonne of reasons to be more optimistic than I was mid June last year.

its a breath of fresh air reading someone being positive on here Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:23 am

Would it be possible to merge this whole hot topics section back into the Villa Chat section now that the trolls are gone? It would make the forum so much easier to navigate and read and therefore hopefully promote traffic. The forum is focused so much on this one thread at present.
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:02 am

Not a bad idea. I'm sure the modern mods will have a chat about it.

As for the above positive post....well, good points well made. At the start of the season, I said we'd be stone motherless last by the time game 8 was finished. Looks like we'll be far from that.

But the football is so unbelievably, galactically, biblically shit to watch.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:02 am

Tactics will define our season from here on. We have a chance in all our upcoming games, and pragmatic damage limitation will p*ss off the faithful who still turn up regularly.

We have improved the players available for selection, we have an assistant manager with balls and a bite and now we need Lambert to step up to the plate.

Starting with Everton we have to stamp our game on the opposition. Accepting defeat the day before is not an option. Being happy with losing performances has got to stop. Praising players for coming second is unacceptable.

Rant over, it's great to have the Premiership back.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:22 am

And we will muller Everton. Reasons to be cheerful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:58 am

Trotters, Agree about the football, but can understand Lambert being cautious to avoid drubbings, as I think any confidence we have is still very fragile.

VBG, agreed about stamping our game, but I'm still trying to work out (from Stoke, Hull and Newcastle it wasn't exactly clear) what our game IS, and especially how it will change once Bentekkers is back in the squad...  

If we start seeing Richardson, Nzogbia and Grealish used at least a little more as wingers to create something for Benteke, then great.  (oh, and didn't we sign Joe Cole?)

If we just play counter-attack bus-parked football, and play it badly, (which is what we saw with a weaker squad) then Lambert has had his third chance at this, and should shove his nice new contract up his bum, and walk off.
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Lambert will not change how he approaches games, he is in his 3rd year now and still we play the same low possession counter attacking , down the middle/long ball football. It is awful to watch, and totally ineffective if we go a goal down. We lack ambition both on and off the pitch, and despite having a better team on paper than last year, Lambert's way of playing and anti-footballing ethos will ensure we will on e again be in the relegation mix/bottom 6. VP is very much a case of the Emperors new clothes, only the masses aren't falling for it, hence our crap attendances and loss of over 10k Season Ticket holders, unfortunately with Lerner and Lambert here for the long term( which is the likeliest outcome despite being up for sale), this is as good as it gets, even Roy Keane has warmed up is escape excuses if ROI start to falter.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:34 pm

B62 Villa wrote:Lambert will not change how he approaches games, he is in his 3rd year now and still we play the same low possession counter attacking , down the middle/long ball football. It is awful to watch, and totally ineffective if we go a goal down. We lack ambition both on and off the pitch, and despite having a better team on paper than last year, Lambert's way of playing and anti-footballing ethos will ensure we will on e again be in the relegation mix/bottom 6.  VP is very much a case of the Emperors new clothes, only the masses aren't falling for it, hence our crap attendances and loss of over 10k Season Ticket holders, unfortunately with Lerner and Lambert here for the long term( which is the likeliest outcome despite being up for sale), this is as good as it gets, even Roy Keane has warmed up is escape excuses if ROI start to falter.

no chance bottom 6, top 10 finish.

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Jimbop
I hope I'm wrong, but on the showings so far, I don't think we are one of the better 10 teams in this league and over the season I feel we will show this, despite our 10th spot and 10 point hall to date.
We lack creativity, firepower and are still leaky at the back. We do look better than last year and with some ambition, adventure and some additions in jan, we could challenge the top half, the sticking points are our owner and manager both are carpetbaggers, who are killing our beloved club.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:01 pm

I think we have the kind of players that can frighten all but the top six or seven teams. The trouble is that Lambert has not shown that he has the tactical awareness to use 14 of these players, in a way that will get the very best out of them as a unit on match day.

I hope he proves a lot of us wrong, but sadly I don't think he will. I think he will be remembered as a nice guy, who found himself out of his depth technically, and ultimately failed to reach the standards that some of his players were capable of.

We have reached our glass ceiling with Paul Lambert in my opinion.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I think we have the kind of players that can frighten all but the top six or seven teams. The trouble is that Lambert has not shown that he has the tactical awareness to use 14 of these players, in a way that will get the very best out of them as a unit on match day.

I hope he proves a lot of us wrong, but sadly I don't think he will. I think he will be remembered as a nice guy, who found himself out of his depth technically, and ultimately failed to reach the standards that some of his players were capable of.

We have reached our glass ceiling with Paul Lambert in my opinion.

I agree, I'm afraid, and it is a pretty low ceiling at that.
Thinman
Thinman

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:28 pm

So with Lambert here for another 4 seasons(inc this one), is this really the best we can hope for?? Survival/bottom 6 finishes, anti football that is dire to watch and ineffectual , no ambition!!
Until Lerner goes( and I dont think he will for a while now he has worked out he gets £70m a year minimum from the TV deal, for little outlay) we are only going to get worse or at best tread water, no wonder the fans have given up, the club have
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:44 pm

B62 Villa wrote:So with Lambert here for another 4 seasons(inc this one), is this really the best we can hope for?? Survival/bottom 6 finishes, anti football that is dire to watch and ineffectual , no ambition!!
Until Lerner goes( and I dont think he will for a while now he has worked out he gets £70m a year minimum from the TV deal, for little outlay) we are only going to get worse or at best tread water, no wonder the fans have given up, the club have

I haven't given up mate, and certainly not giving up sitting in tenth position, with many winnable games to come, give lambert THIS season and see what happens, no point fans staying away or giving up as this will affect the team, wonder of the fans would blame themselves? no fing chance, lamberts fault again.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Pump up your cojones PL, and go for it against Everton! Run the Toffees ragged for 94 minutes!

Surprise the hell out of them, and us. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:41 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Pump up your cojones PL, and go for it against Everton! Run the Toffees ragged for 94 minutes!

Surprise the hell out of them, and us. Scarf Waving

defensively they are there for the taking, if vlaar is back and we can forget about the last 3 games we will be hard to score against, if vlaar is out and we have to play baker and clarke i dread to think how many we will lose by.

i hope vlaar and okore are fit as i would start both, baker just gives me no confidence and i cant stand the way he tackle's as he's a walking penalty waiting to happen.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:38 am

Typical Villa... We finally get Vlaar back but lose Senderos .....And Delph!!... Our two best players this season!
If we can somehow still hang around mid table until those two are back & Benteke gets game sharp again then my optimism for the season will return...

You can see what'll happen though can't you?! ... We'll finally get the 1st choice players back at last just as the January window opens and we'll then lose the likes of Vlaar and possibly still Delph yet it has to be said! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1715320296
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:26 am

Mr_Spadge wrote:

And we have 10 points.
Benteke's back.  
Gabby scored!  Twice, no less!

You forgot:

Vlaar will be off in January most likely
Delph may well follow if not in Jan then almost certainly in the summer
Benteke could still be weeks if not months away from being back to his old self, thats if he is even able to get his confidence back at all
Kozak, another injury setback to his leg, will most likely not kick another ball for the villa at this rate
Joe Cole, still made of glass, will probably play less that 180min in total over the course of his contract
Sanchez, looks average at best so far, considering he is our marquee signing this summer he hasnt looked anything to be excited about
Cleverly, has this guy even completed a pass since he signed, looks terrible and is likely to be our only major buy in January
Out of the cup to lower league opposition again.
Lamberts tactics are not just a bit shit, he is going into games against certain clubs with tactics that say he has already accepted defeat and wants to try and see if we can steal a draw

Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next