The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+97
Rawlie
TED
Morgan Villa
Billy Walker
avfcjoe
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
supermon
LVBrit
Denis_B
Olofsbeard
gaffer85
Poseidon
BournVilla
JCH
switters
jeffvilla
Villa jimmy
Dek of Villa
ROTTERDAM1982
Thabucks
Wigteke
lukevilla
gdav
NARLA24
Tomy-Flemba
'Chick' Deacy
Alpe_DHuez
EbeneezerGoode
Sensitive Sid
Villarocks666
Saunders
Olof Mellberg
Army villain
gdale1
casy1874
Malandro
banneruk
Trezzy
Steveallen79
Vasher
ember
bruka
Green Villan
Kaz
De Kuip
Coseley Villa
CoE82
DaveAV1
Trotters
RoyRace
Leafs1201
VillaBill
viva_la_amo
mrshnn
Wookster
CTVillan
AVit
GadgetMan
R1chuk
ejs1111
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Saunders82
keithj
Keyser Soze
Wriggle
philvilla
Synopsis
heystally!
Jae1411
The Utterer
Barton82
Kakacroom
thetrees
pcfbavfcoman
kimbo
Morpheus
Villa_Dan
omariqy
villabromsgrove
South London Villan
danclare82
DelboyVilla
bazzah
HarryAVFC
Jo64
Angel of Haarlem
TheLeftSide
Dions_Bald_Head
Mazrim
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mr T
Chrissylee1111
AVFClee
UnclePanda
pablo23uk
AstonThriller
101 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Morpheus Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 pm

jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:According to talksport the other day hull are paying mega money in wages. There's rumours that some are in the 80k ow range and up
Correct. Silly money, but that is what you have to pay to avoid relegation.

exactly, so the comment about should of got diame, its obvious we couldn't offer the same type of wages, so AGAIN LERNER not LAMBERT.
Jimbop do you not think that Cleverely's wages would be on a par with what Hull are paying Diame and if you include what we are paying the Rock then rather than buying those two midfielders who have been average at best so far we could have purchased Diame instead who would have provided something we have badly needed for some time now?

You would also have to take into consideration Cleverely's fee of 8m payable in January which by all accounts is 4.5m more than Diame would have cost and that difference could have contributed to Diame's wages.

While i'm not oblivious to the Lerner impact on our expenditure over the last three seasons I feel Lambert has got it badly wrong again concerning choice of player and allocation of his budget in a position where he has again purchased several players but alas not the right one.

Personally I feel if we had shown any interest at all in Diame then it would have been leaked in the press.
Morpheus
Morpheus

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Morpheus Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:44 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:According to talksport the other day hull are paying mega money in wages. There's rumours that some are in the 80k ow range and up

exactly, so the comment about should of got diame, its obvious we couldn't offer the same type of wages, so AGAIN LERNER not LAMBERT.
Spot fooking on jimbop. clappy thingy
Its actually as far from spot on as you could be for all the reasons i've just stated above.
Morpheus
Morpheus

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Morpheus wrote:
jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Jimbop do you not think that Cleverely's wages would be on a par with what Hull are paying Diame and if you include what we are paying the Rock then rather than buying those two midfielders who have been average at best so far we could have purchased Diame instead who would have provided something we have badly needed for some time now?

You would also have to take into consideration Cleverely's fee of 8m payable in January which by all accounts is 4.5m more than Diame would have cost and that difference could have contributed to Diame's wages.

While i'm not oblivious to the Lerner impact on our expenditure over the last three seasons I feel Lambert has got it badly wrong again concerning choice of player and allocation of his budget in a position where he has again purchased several players but alas not the right one.

Personally I feel if we had shown any interest at all in Diame then it would have been leaked in the press.  

7 games gone mate, 7 games! I will have bet with you now that cleverly will be massive for us, like I say, 7 games gone. I will also put my neck out to say that the rock will be a contender for player of the season. 7 games gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Morpheus wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Its actually as far from spot on as you could be for all the reasons i've just stated above.

its not far from spot on, nor is it spot on, its OPINION.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Notts Villa wrote: You cant polish a turd either and sadly we have spent millions on turds.

You can't polish a turd but you can roll one in glitter - as ably demonstrated by Lambert at each of his recent post-match press conferences..................
De Kuip
De Kuip

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:51 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Notts Villa wrote: You cant polish a turd either and sadly we have spent millions on turds.

You can't polish a turd but you can roll one in glitter - as ably demonstrated by Lambert at each of his recent post-match press conferences..................

lol there seems to be a bit of a fetish today about polishing turds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:59 pm

jimbop wrote:
Army villain wrote:
kimbo wrote:
jimbop wrote:sitting in 10th, lets wait and see, too early for the lambert HATERS to come out to play.

That's a disappointing comment.

I don't hate Lambert. I just think he could be doing better at his job. I don't even hate Lerner. Again I just think he has got a lot of things wrong. With the exception of Stephen Ireland, I don't think I could say I have ever hated anyone during their employment at AVFC. That's not to say I've liked them all of course or not being delighted to see certain people leave; far from it.

The bottom line is that as long as Paul Lambert is manager of Aston Villa, I will want him to do brilliantly. I don't hate the man at all - I don't call him Lamberk, I don't get personal about how he talks, I'm certainly not one of those prats that had abused his daughter on Twitter, I have no personal issue with the man at all - but he still massively frustrates me.

It's reminiscent of the DOL/Ellis days. Some people hated DOL so much that they couldn't get past him and see that Ellis was running things like a corner shop. Some people hated Ellis so much that they couldn't see that DOL was overall doing a crap job. Both of them were massively to blame.

It is no different now.

Yes, Lerner has made things more difficult for Lambert than we would like. That does not and never will make up for a lot of Lambert's shortcomings. Some of them yes, all of them no. Lambert has to be held accountable for a lot of what has happened during his time, yet some people protect him like he's not responsible for anything that happens at Aston Villa.

Life is rarely black and white, life is nearly always full of grey areas, and Villa are absolutely no different.
Agree so that's try and forget what has happened in the past,I understand its hard to do.but like the old saying says its water under the bridge. So let's see what Mr Fox and Lambert can get from money bags, some of that tv money would help,getting people on extended contracts, so let's look to the future.  Scarf Waving

well said Beer
This sort of thing really gets on my goat.

We've already seen what Lambert can do and being reflective over the last three seasons it isn't a lot is it. You then talk of the future but to look forward to the type of future we all want you must first have a manager that you can have confidence in to do the job properly.

That's why Villa Park is no longer buzzing. Can you blame us for feeling like that when we've just awarded a manager with a record similar to Mcleish a new four year contract. We've actually awarded failure and we have now become apathetic to this failure because we the fans expect nothing else due to who is managing and directing the club.

So no I cannot at this moment in time look forward to the future with a manager who with an apparent improved squad is still playing the same type of negative football we sacked the last manager for and is still making wrong player choices in the transfer market with few exceptions.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:04 pm

jimbop wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

7 games gone mate, 7 games! I will have bet with you now that cleverly will be massive for us, like I say, 7 games gone. I will also put my neck out to say that the rock will be a contender for player of the season.  7 games gone.
I heard these very same lame excuses over Lambert's tenure and now in his third season we are still playing negative football.

Concerning the players you might very well be right but at the moment i'm lacking any real confidence you will be.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:06 pm

jimbop wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Opinion based on what though?
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Morpheus wrote:
jimbop wrote:sitting in 10th, lets wait and see, too early for the lambert HATERS to come out to play.
Lambert haters, really?

Nice to be pigeon holed for putting forward an opinion which has been substantiated by past and recent performances which certainly doesn't suggest hating Lambert.

I Don't hate Lambert, I hate what he has done to our club, we are not entertaining or exciting to watch ,or successful ,  I would love for him to succeed , buts lets face it, based on the last three years of reactive anti-football, it aint happening any time soon !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Lambert does have some amazing stats in regard to getting knocked out of cups by lower league teams, and the lack of home wins etc.
I think there may be a good manager hiding in there somewhere but I wish he would leave and find him somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Imagine an obsessive compulsive person polishing a turd lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Morpheus wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Army villain wrote:
kimbo wrote:

That's a disappointing comment.

I don't hate Lambert. I just think he could be doing better at his job. I don't even hate Lerner. Again I just think he has got a lot of things wrong. With the exception of Stephen Ireland, I don't think I could say I have ever hated anyone during their employment at AVFC. That's not to say I've liked them all of course or not being delighted to see certain people leave; far from it.

The bottom line is that as long as Paul Lambert is manager of Aston Villa, I will want him to do brilliantly. I don't hate the man at all - I don't call him Lamberk, I don't get personal about how he talks, I'm certainly not one of those prats that had abused his daughter on Twitter, I have no personal issue with the man at all - but he still massively frustrates me.

It's reminiscent of the DOL/Ellis days. Some people hated DOL so much that they couldn't get past him and see that Ellis was running things like a corner shop. Some people hated Ellis so much that they couldn't see that DOL was overall doing a crap job. Both of them were massively to blame.

It is no different now.

Yes, Lerner has made things more difficult for Lambert than we would like. That does not and never will make up for a lot of Lambert's shortcomings. Some of them yes, all of them no. Lambert has to be held accountable for a lot of what has happened during his time, yet some people protect him like he's not responsible for anything that happens at Aston Villa.

Life is rarely black and white, life is nearly always full of grey areas, and Villa are absolutely no different.
Agree so that's try and forget what has happened in the past,I understand its hard to do.but like the old saying says its water under the bridge. So let's see what Mr Fox and Lambert can get from money bags, some of that tv money would help,getting people on extended contracts, so let's look to the future.  Scarf Waving

well said Beer
This sort of thing really gets on my goat.

We've already seen what Lambert can do and being reflective over the last three seasons it isn't a lot is it. You then talk of the future but to look forward to the type of future we all want you must first have a manager that you can have confidence in to do the job properly.

That's why Villa Park is no longer buzzing. Can you blame us for feeling like that when we've just awarded a manager with a record similar to Mcleish a new four year contract. We've actually awarded failure and we have now become apathetic to this failure because we the fans expect nothing else due to who is managing and directing the club.

So no I cannot at this moment in time look forward to the future with a manager who with an apparent improved squad is still playing the same type of negative football we sacked the last manager for and is still making wrong player choices in the transfer market with few exceptions.
Agree all I can say about the goat is sacrifice it.
What can we do with Lambert zero, all we can hope for is that Keane will have some imput in how the team plays.
Keane can get the confidence back and maybe some pride back in playing for the shirt.
lets see how the next games go, I would love to see villa buzzing again like all villa fans nobody likes the football we have been playing.
I look froward in getting a new owner, a director of football, new manager, new scouting system, and get rid of all agents of football players.
Always a villa fan for all my sins.Scarf Waving
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:03 pm

I support Villa, I always will, I DO NOT support Lambert ! Scarf Waving
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 pm

VillaBill wrote:I support Villa, I always will, I DO NOT support Lambert ! Scarf Waving
Same as me, so looking to the future of new owner,new manager and anything else to get villa were we get villa park buzzing again. Scarf Waving
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Just a question, did Doug show more ambition than Randy does now?

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:04 pm

As a life long Villa fan of over 45 years i hate to see what is happening to the club. I followed the club through the excitement of the European cup and also through the old 3rd division, i was equally excited and expectant going to games in both of those periods.
I dont expect to win the premier league and i don't demand champions league football, those things have to be earned. However what i do expect is the team to at least try and entertain, if i pay for a ticket at the theatre to see Hamlet i don't expect the director to send the actors out with the lines for Annie get your gun, because they are only second and third choice actors and thats all they can manage. Give them the lines for Hamlet, they may surprise you.
Now for what i demand, send the team out to try and win instead of clinging on to a draw for 90 minutes. Yes there will be games that we lose but lets lose with some fight instead of a whimper. Maybe Lamberts remit is to survive, if so i believe the club is doing a disservice to the supporters and players. I believe the team is good enough to win at least as many as they lose, if the players are allowed to express themselves. Rant over.
LVBrit

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveallen79 Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:23 pm

LVBrit wrote:As a life long Villa fan of over 45 years i hate to see what is happening to the club. I followed the club through the excitement of the European cup and also through the old 3rd division, i was equally excited and expectant going to games in both of those periods.
I dont expect to win the premier league and i don't demand champions league football, those things have to be earned. However what i do expect is the team to at least try and entertain, if i pay for a ticket at the theatre to see Hamlet i don't expect the director to send the actors out with the lines for Annie get your gun, because they are only second and third choice actors and thats all they can manage. Give them the lines for Hamlet, they may surprise you.
Now for what i demand, send the team out to try and win instead of clinging on to a draw for 90 minutes. Yes there will be games that we lose but lets lose with some fight instead of a whimper. Maybe Lamberts remit is to survive, if so i believe the club is doing a disservice to the supporters and players. I believe the team is good enough to win at least as many as they lose, if the players are allowed to express themselves. Rant over.

Absolutely spot on!! Very well said
Steveallen79
Steveallen79

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Morpheus wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Opinion based on what though?
Opinion based on my opinion, and that is my own and i do not have to answer to anybody, because that is MY opinion.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveallen79 Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:59 pm

My opinion is that lambert will be swotting up tonight by watching San marino on how to camp up in your own half

Just in case he gleans a way of getting everyone behind the ball that he hasbt tried yet Wink
Steveallen79
Steveallen79

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Steveallen79 wrote:My opinion is that lambert will be swotting up tonight by watching San marino on how to camp up in your own half

Just in case he gleans a way of getting everyone behind the ball that he hasbt tried yet Wink
That is YOUR opinion Very Happy Very Happy
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveallen79 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Glad you picked up on the dry start to my post Very Happy
Steveallen79
Steveallen79

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Steveallen79 wrote:Glad you picked up on the dry start to my post Very Happy
It was that dry i thought it was sand........ Very Happy
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Mr Lambert is in USA.........Discussing the future of AVFC with a certain Randy Lerner. Stay the fuck awake............................ Just sayin.

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1180
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39