The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - we go again .....

+92
Jim
Kakacroom
Saunders
TheLeftSide
Alpe_DHuez
Billy Walker
gdale1
expatvilla
M. E. Ward
H+V
Coseley Villa
Zidane
Kaz
aboclaretandblue
VTID85
smoke
jamavfc1
jvilla
ejs1111
De Kuip
any82
chrisw1
B62 Villa
snakevilla
Keyser Soze
Mazrim
larvin86
Wookster
nabbyy
Withes Sweatbands
Hornso
thegaffer6
Morgan Villa
James_Curtis
villashrew
RoyRace
DR Peters
Malandro
DN1982
Leafs1201
River
heystally!
kimbo
South London Villan
upthevilla76
Longboy
Mreze
Green Villan
Rawlie
Mr Beast
Andyh
Denis_B
Villarocks666
R1chuk
bryanallcott1976
MinnyVilla
CoE82
lukevilla
USVillan
GodzoneVilla
CTVillan
LVBrit
EbeneezerGoode
HarryAVFC
Dek of Villa
supermon
Olof Mellberg
Southern Villan
gdav
AVFClee
UnclePanda
Steveallen79
AVit
Poseidon
Sky
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
thinlizzy
The Utterer
Thinman
cgale
MrAstonVilla
villabromsgrove
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
johnny noodles
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
Trotters
holtehero
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Dions_Bald_Head
96 posters

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 pm

jimbop wrote:how many of us think we will be sold by start of season??
I hope we will, but I don't expect it.
villabromsgrove

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by holtehero Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

I'd say the numbers are reducing day by day

I've resigned myself to no takeover this summer now and another season with little to get excited about.

I hate being all doom and gloom, but the last 3 seasons have pretty much drained any enthusiasm i have and watching Villa annoy's me, more than excites me
holtehero

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:03 pm

holtehero wrote:
I'd say the numbers are reducing day by day

I've resigned myself to no takeover this summer now and another season with little to get excited about.

I hate being all doom and gloom, but the last 3 seasons have pretty much drained any enthusiasm i have and watching Villa annoy's me, more than excites me

I agree holtehero, I hate the doom an gloom and ive also resigned to another season of struggle an worry, but at least we have alan hutton back  :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Me, i think so, but I'll get my coat . The only option is if we are linked to someone during this Texas tour.
It has been said that Villa have never put in as much effort and organisation for a pre-season tour ever and if i remember correctly this info came from somebody who was involved in organising the tour inside AVFC. We will have to wait and see. It would be great if when we played Houston Dynamos that the stadium announcer said something like this...
"Houston Dynamos would like to welcome our new partners in the AEG Franchise group Aston Villa FC. After long negotiations between AEG and Randy Lerner AEG are pleased to welcome Aston Villa to the franchise group." Or something similar. Dancing Banana 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:10 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Me, i think so, but I'll get my coat . The only option is if we are linked to someone during this Texas tour.
It has been said that Villa have never put in as much effort and organisation for a pre-season tour ever and if i remember correctly this info came from somebody who was involved in organising the tour inside AVFC. We will have to wait and see. It would be great if when we played Houston Dynamos that the stadium announcer said something like this...
"Houston Dynamos would like to welcome our new partners in the AEG Franchise group Aston Villa FC. After long negotiations between AEG and Randy Lerner AEG are pleased to welcome Aston Villa to the franchise group." Or something similar. Dancing Banana 

your getting my hopes up again!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:13 pm

jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Be great wouldn't it  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

It would be bloody fantastic  Beer Scarf Waving 

Can you imagine the buzz around the whole club again if a takeover got announced. For one you could expect season ticket sales to be back to normal levels straight away
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:24 pm

holtehero wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Can you imagine the buzz around the whole club again if a takeover got announced. For one you could expect season ticket sales to be back to normal levels straight away
So who will be staying up until the early hours to watch the game now then ? Just incase Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:25 pm

It would be a very strange way to do business. Rolling Eyes 
villabromsgrove

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 pm

PDC Lion wrote:So who will be staying up until the early hours to watch the game now then ? Just incase Very Happy 
Not me unfortunately as have to be up at 4:30am for work

Will be checking online to see if by some miracle something positive has happened  :) 
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:27 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
holtehero wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

So who will be staying up until the early hours to watch the game now then ? Just incase Very Happy 

Nobody because even avtv aren't showing it live :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
holtehero wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I bet ESPN USA are showing it on a dodgy running water thingy. Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
holtehero wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I bet ESPN USA are showing it on a dodgy running water thingy. Razz 
And Houston Dynamos TV are showing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:31 pm

You mean its on HDTV ? I have one of those :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Check out the right hand side schedule. Houston Dynamos v Aston Villa, watch online.
http://www.houstondynamo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Check out the right hand side schedule. Houston Dynamos v Aston Villa, watch online.
http://www.houstondynamo.com/

wicked matey

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Going back to FFP for a sec, precedents have been set by clubs for the going rate of sponsorship and ground naming rights, etc. A new owner with big legal dogs could easily argue that if the 2nd biggest team in shitty Manchester can get a sponsor for a ground they don't even own, then certainly Aston Villa - by far the biggest team within a massive area and a far more famous name worldwide until very recently - can also get a similar deal.

A smart marketer will piss all over FFP and Platini will be able to do nothing about it at all.

Chill.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Like the sound of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 pm

N85CL

Thats the registration of Lerners Falcon Jet. Lerner lives in New York, so why is it registered in Dallas Texas?

We play in Dallas.

Ive said before that Lerner is a very private individual whom does business with people he is close to and knows. This is a complete stab in the dark and more in hope than anything else, but there seems to be a link between Dallas and Lerner, and i guess one forged from the NFL days by either himself or his late father.

Time is running out, but i cant still help thinking this Texas tour was with something else in mind.

Tomorrow and Wednesday could tell us more...hopefully!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 42 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:43 pm

My Old Man wrote:N85CL

Thats the registration of Lerners Falcon Jet. Lerner lives in New York, so why is it registered in Dallas Texas?

We play in Dallas.

Ive said before that Lerner is a very private individual whom does business with people he is close to and knows. This is a complete stab in the dark and more in hope than anything else, but there seems to be a link between Dallas and Lerner, and i guess one forged from the NFL days by either himself or his late father.

Time is running out, but i cant still help thinking this Texas tour was with something else in mind.

Maybe he is throwing in the plane free to whoever buys us  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Probably lol
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

it might be the other one
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Trotters wrote:Going back to FFP for a sec, precedents have been set by clubs for the going rate of sponsorship and ground naming rights, etc. A new owner with big legal dogs could easily argue that if the 2nd biggest team in shitty Manchester can get a sponsor for a ground they don't even own, then certainly Aston Villa - by far the biggest team within a massive area and a far more famous name worldwide until very recently - can also get a similar deal.

A smart marketer will piss all over FFP and Platini will be able to do nothing about it at all.

Chill.

Agree with this ^^^

We need somebody with real nous who can come in, know they have the ability to make a £100 Million+ loss over three years under FFP regardless, have the contacts & knowledge to be able to get a huge deal on stadium naming rights plus other sponsorship deals to boot, know how to build big & fast the profile of the club to increase revenues overseas etc and also have the ambition to redevelop the whole area as Man City have done which could again be another factor in the FFP racket. All of that is do-able, ambitious Yes but that's surely a good thing isn't it? There is more than enough scope there to allow the financial clout to get this club rockin & rollin again...And then of course once things start to turn the fanbase will awaken, the stadium would fill and then ground expansion is realistic again thus increasing revenues still further etc etc etc.

Just needs someone with the vision, financial muscle and pair of gonads big enough to have a go at it!!

Any takers up for a great challenge????
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 pm

My Old Man wrote:N85CL

We play in Dallas.

No tracking available at the request of the owner.
http://es.flightaware.com/live/flight/N85CL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 pm

The Utterer wrote:
Trotters wrote:Going back to FFP for a sec, precedents have been set by clubs for the going rate of sponsorship and ground naming rights, etc. A new owner with big legal dogs could easily argue that if the 2nd biggest team in shitty Manchester can get a sponsor for a ground they don't even own, then certainly Aston Villa - by far the biggest team within a massive area and a far more famous name worldwide until very recently - can also get a similar deal.

Chill.

Agree with this ^^^

We need somebody with real nous who can come in, know they have the ability to make a £100 Million+ loss over three years under FFP regardless, have the contacts & knowledge to be able to get a huge deal on stadium naming rights plus other sponsorship deals to boot, know how to build big & fast the profile of the club to increase revenues overseas etc and also have the ambition to redevelop the whole area as Man City have done which could again be another factor in the FFP racket. All of that is do-able, ambitious Yes but that's surely a good thing isn't it? There is more than enough scope there to allow the financial clout to get this club rockin & rollin again...And then of course once things start to turn the fanbase will awaken, the stadium would fill and then ground expansion is realistic again thus increasing revenues still further etc etc etc.

Just needs someone with the vision, financial muscle and pair of gonads big enough to have a go at it!!

Any takers up for a great challenge????

No would be the sad truth IMO, Football clubs owned by Billionaires are ''Fun'' for them.....FFP just makes it ''Hard work'' instantly becomes less desirable.

Combine that with the Premier League already 5/6 clubs with top 4 or better aspirations even after a few years of throwing money at it, you cant guarantee a Champions League berth which is a must to really brand your product and to help Financially with the income it generates.

May aswell buy teams in France, or other countries where you can set out a Champions league '' Realistic goal short term'', or failing that buy a Baseball or NBA Franchise or something, no relegation either to worry about....

I seriously doubt anybody would want the hassle or Challenge of res erecting Aston Villa in the current circumstances of football. Only time I do see it is if/when Villa drop to the Championship....the Challenge to bring us back to the PL where everybody knows Villa belong.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next