The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - we go again .....

+92
Jim
Kakacroom
Saunders
TheLeftSide
Alpe_DHuez
Billy Walker
gdale1
expatvilla
M. E. Ward
H+V
Coseley Villa
Zidane
Kaz
aboclaretandblue
VTID85
smoke
jamavfc1
jvilla
ejs1111
De Kuip
any82
chrisw1
B62 Villa
snakevilla
Keyser Soze
Mazrim
larvin86
Wookster
nabbyy
Withes Sweatbands
Hornso
thegaffer6
Morgan Villa
James_Curtis
villashrew
RoyRace
DR Peters
Malandro
DN1982
Leafs1201
River
heystally!
kimbo
South London Villan
upthevilla76
Longboy
Mreze
Green Villan
Rawlie
Mr Beast
Andyh
Denis_B
Villarocks666
R1chuk
bryanallcott1976
MinnyVilla
CoE82
lukevilla
USVillan
GodzoneVilla
CTVillan
LVBrit
EbeneezerGoode
HarryAVFC
Dek of Villa
supermon
Olof Mellberg
Southern Villan
gdav
AVFClee
UnclePanda
Steveallen79
AVit
Poseidon
Sky
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
thinlizzy
The Utterer
Thinman
cgale
MrAstonVilla
villabromsgrove
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
johnny noodles
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
Trotters
holtehero
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Dions_Bald_Head
96 posters

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 41 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:21 pm

The day i absolutely realise that success is impossible and this club is just a permanent low to mid table joke club is the day i quit on football permanently.

Football is about dreams, winning and the hope of glory as is life itself surely. If those dreams are restricted to a few fat cats at the top then frankly ....I'M OUT!

I will never ever put up with mediocrity in life in general..You simply have to dream & go for it else what on Earth is the point of being here  🤦 It does my head in when i see people give up & settle for a life of mediocrity.

As for Sport, and that's any sport, it is about being the best you can possibly be and nobody can tell me that AVFC has not got the potential to be great again because it has. As that article states we are from a major European city with massive potential in the right hands and with an ambitious owner. We have the history, a large expanding and potentially huge fan base, are former European cup winners & boast a fabulous & expandable stadium in a depraved part of Birmingham ripe for regeneration.

What's not to like for the right owner(s)?

FFP is an inconvenience yes..it's a bit like having a formula one grand prix race with 5 cars being allowed bigger engines than the rest and if any of the smaller cars dare get an engine the same size it's fined & not allowed to race!! .. What a joke but there we go. At some point fans will get bored of the monopoly and leave in their droves...Look at our season ticket sales thus far for example.

Quite simply if you remove the dreams of fans they will look elsewhere and football in general will decline eventually.

UEFA & Platini need a check up from the neck up  Laughing at You 
The Utterer
The Utterer

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 41 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 41 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Surely FFP can be considered a restriction of trade under EU rules?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:26 pm

The Utterer wrote:The day i absolutely realise that success is impossible and this club is just a permanent low to mid table joke club is the day i quit on football permanently.

Football is about dreams, winning and the hope of glory as is life itself surely. If those dreams are restricted to a few fat cats at the top then frankly ....I'M OUT!

I will never ever put up with mediocrity in life in general..You simply have to dream & go for it else what on Earth is the point of being here  🤦 It does my head in when i see people give up & settle for a life of mediocrity.

As for Sport, and that's any sport, it is about being the best you can possibly be and nobody can tell me that AVFC has not got the potential to be great again because it has. As that article states we are from a major European city with massive potential in the right hands and with an ambitious owner. We have the history, a large expanding and potentially huge fan base, are former European cup winners & boast a fabulous & expandable stadium in a depraved part of Birmingham ripe for regeneration.

What's not to like for the right owner(s)?

FFP is an inconvenience yes..it's a bit like having a formula one grand prix race with 5 cars being allowed bigger engines than the rest and if any of the smaller cars dare get an engine the same size it's fined & not allowed to race!! .. What a joke but there we go. At some point fans will get bored of the monopoly and leave in their droves...Look at our season ticket sales thus far for example.

Quite simply if you remove the dreams of fans they will look elsewhere and football in general will decline eventually.

UEFA & Platini need a check up from the neck up  Laughing at You 

what a great rea matey, DITO to that an focking DITO again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 pm

some people settle for anything, well I wont continue to settle for beatings by teams like Bradford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:39 pm

The sooner the football bubble bursts the better, the game will return to its match-going fan-based roots.

I quietly hope that the sport takes off in America and they draw significant money out of UEFA's and the Premier League's hands
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 41 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by boltblaster Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:43 pm

As i see it - any owner coming in would have to operate two strategies - pump money into the infrastructure to get us producing talent a la saints and keep propping us up as we wait for the talent to come through. You can no longer buy your way out of mediocracy you have to develop you way out. The english game is rapidly becoming the same as the scottish game always the same names, how long have we english fans said - scottish football is a two horse race and basically shit. I am not convinced we will ever reverse this situation as companies chuck skip fulls of cash at football clubs to show the games on minority viewing platforms such as sky bt etc. As a consequence of this we have a situation where our league suffers our club suffers and our national team is a joke. We've had a couple of managers buy british (I seem to recall gregory liked the overpriced brit as did MON) and its just not affordable so we end up with shite foreigners; the only answer for a new owner is long term and using a homegrown production line.
boltblaster

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 41 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Thing is, under FA's FFP we can make loses of £105m over 3 years. This would be substantial enough, IMO, to push us into the Top 8. With a clever strategy and proper investment into the academy infrastructure and youth, we could crack at least the Top 6 despite the FFP

I think anyway. It'd just take the right owner with the right gameplan.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Thing is, under FA's FFP we can make loses of £105m over 3 years. This would be substantial enough, IMO, to push us into the Top 8. With a clever strategy and proper investment into the academy infrastructure and youth, we could crack at least the Top 6 despite the FFP

what about if that game plan is to keep us in the league year after year, coz if someone don't come in with massive money then that's what it will be, forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:04 pm

jimbop wrote:some people settle for anything, well I wont continue to settle for beatings by teams like Bradford.

I don't think saying we might not be bought by a super billionaire is settling, just seems like reality. Doesn't mean we don't dare to dream though. It's all we have right now as the reality is pretty shit at the moment.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:05 pm

TheEgo wrote:
jimbop wrote:some people settle for anything, well I wont continue to settle for beatings by teams like Bradford.

I don't think saying we might not be bought by a super billionaire is settling, just seems like reality. Doesn't mean we don't dare to dream though. It's all we have right now as the reality is pretty shit at the moment.
agreed ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:11 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Thing is, under FA's FFP we can make loses of £105m over 3 years. This would be substantial enough, IMO, to push us into the Top 8. With a clever strategy and proper investment into the academy infrastructure and youth, we could crack at least the Top 6 despite the FFP

what about if that game plan is to keep us in the league year after year, coz if someone don't come in with massive money then that's what it will be, forever.

Sorry but how does that relate to my post?

I said that the right owner with the right gameplan could get us back up towards the right end of the league, you've gone off on a tangent about the gameplan being to avoid relegation year-on-year. That's clearly not what my point was.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I said that the right owner with the right gameplan could get us back up towards the right end of the league, you've gone off on a tangent about the gameplan being to avoid relegation year-on-year. That's clearly not what my point was.

ok fair enough, but no big investment means the owner has no choice on game plan, the game plan will be to stay in the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 pm

We can lose £105m and fall safe of the league's FFP, ok it might not be City/Chelsea-esque spending but fuck me, if an owner came in and gave the manager £50m to spend on our current squad I'd expect AT LEAST 9th.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:We can lose £105m and fall safe of the league's FFP, ok it might not be City/Chelsea-esque spending but fuck me, if an owner came in and gave the manager £50m to spend on our current squad I'd expect AT LEAST 9th.

defo, I just hope randy is now not in the thinking of "sell it to anyone, as long as I get my money".

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:We can lose £105m and fall safe of the league's FFP, ok it might not be City/Chelsea-esque spending but fuck me, if an owner came in and gave the manager £50m to spend on our current squad I'd expect AT LEAST 9th.

defo, I just hope randy is now not in the thinking of "sell it to anyone, as long as I get my money".

Same here. We all want a takeover to happen, but the right takeover. None of us want Randy to just sell the club to anyone and us be left with the next Carson Yeung
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Same here. We all want a takeover to happen, but the right takeover. None of us want Randy to just sell the club to anyone and us be left with the next Carson Yeung

I wonder how carson is doing??? bend over bitch  :moon: :moon: :moon: 

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 pm

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 pm

jimbop wrote:

But with FFP, he is not going to get anything near to what he wants even though his hunger to get out quick will still be there. I honestly believe he knows that and he also knows the risks of carrying on with the financial path he has got the the club running to, so with that i think its quite plausible that relegation and its effects would have been factored in.

If it happens this term, then he has the parachute payments and remainder of the TV cash as a make weight in dropping the price lower to attract a buyer. If he gets lucky and Lambert gets us to a respectable finish then we will be more attractive, even survival by the skin of our teeth may still attract a buyer, because we will still be in the premier and cash recuperated will enable him to sell the club cheaper.

People said earlier in the thread that he is not allowed to pocket the TV Money. OK fair enough, but could somebody then tell me where it has gone, since other teams seem to be spending it freely?

I do agree with your point about him selling to anybody, but i think thats more to do with him wanting to get out quick. Maybe he can see Football imploding pretty soon, so getting out now will save him a lot more in the long term, and you do have to question as to why Football seems to attract all the wrong owners.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:40 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

ok fair enough, but no big investment means the owner has no choice on game plan, the game plan will be to stay in the league.

If you use the current villa squad as an example. With the right manager, coaches and football nous on the board, coupled with a little more investment and a higher salary we could comfortably be midtable. So it wouldn't take a massive amount to see us pushing top 8 maybe 40m per season on transfers (the right people) I think that is more likely to happen than a rich sugar daddy. Who knows though we could just be about to announce a sale to a us oil tycoon?! Dare to dream  cheers 
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:45 pm

or we could be about to hear an announcement that randy is STAYING and has pledged a further £500,000 for transfers.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Because FFP prevents a new owner from investing a sufficient sum in his company (club) to allow it to compete with "dominant companies (clubs) then FFP is clearly an anti competition tool for the use of dominant parties. ( I've been reading Very Happy )

Now, let's turn the situation on it's head and look at it from the point of view of an owner who is unable to sell his company (club), because restrictive and anti competitive rules (to which he did not agree) have been arbitrarily imposed during his term of ownership.

Lerner may well be able to sue UEFA for damaging his company (club) by imposing illegal anti competitive restraints designed to protect the position of dominant companies (clubs).

(I've got too much time on my hands)
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 pm

villabromsgrove wrote: Because FFP prevents a new owner from investing a sufficient sum in his company (club) to allow it to compete with "dominant companies (clubs) then FFP is clearly an anti competition tool for the use of dominant parties. ( I've been reading Very Happy )

Now, let's turn the situation on it's head and look at it from the point of view of an owner who is unable to sell his company (club), because restrictive and anti competitive rules (to which he did not agree) have been arbitrarily imposed during his term of ownership.

Lerner may well be able to sue UEFA for damaging his company (club) by imposing illegal anti competitive restraints designed to protect the position of dominant companies (clubs).

(I've got too much time on my hands)

I'm happy to go with that  affraid 
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 pm

UEFA, IMO, are relying on football being viewed differently to other businesses and them operating it as a way around EU laws. A court case would be lengthy, and would be expensive, but I think UEFA would lose.

This is why they've said the punishments for breaching FFP will be financial not expulsions. Because if they threatened PSG or City with a CL ban then it would become worth their while to fight it through the courts and that's a fight UEFA don't want a part of
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:46 pm

how many of us think we will be sold by start of season??

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 pm

The reason why Man City and PSG fell foul of FFP regulations was simple. They were not "Dominant Parties" when FFP was first implemented. It seems unbelievable now, but until recently Man City were just another team like Villa, and typical of the kind of teams that the Dominant clubs were trying to stitch up. Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea had a nice monopoly going on and anything that could be done to stop upstarts from challenging was to be welcomed by them.

It's interesting to note that the only teams to vote against FFP were Villa, Fulham, WBA, Southampton and Man City. Swansea abstained I believe.

Man City were lucky that they were able to ignore the first couple of seasons of FFP (because it wasn't fully implemented) and spend hugely because they knew that any initial punishment would be just a slap on the wrist. Unfortunately now that FFP is fully implemented it stops any new minted owner of an average but ambitious club from following the Chelsea/Man City course.

At the moment the big clubs in the Premiership and Europe are laughing all the way to their protected banks.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next