The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 11 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 am

chrisw1 wrote:
jvilla wrote:Not sure there's much point calling shenanigans everytime another piece of the takeover jigsaw clicks into place, change at the top is not going to be instant, but change at the top is what we have been desperate for for at least three seasons now.

Of course change at the top is instant when a club is bought and sold.

You don't sack the CEO's before the new owners are in.  This is in no way linked to an imminent purchase of the club.  Be careful what you wish for, better the Devil you know etc...

Nope - quite sure it's a dream come true to see the back of Faulkner!
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 11 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 am

The interesting & most telling thing will be how quickly he is replaced (given his role in new signings & the closeness of the new season) - this could be most telling about how far along we are with having new owners.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:25 am

jvilla wrote:
chrisw1 wrote:
jvilla wrote:Not sure there's much point calling shenanigans everytime another piece of the takeover jigsaw clicks into place, change at the top is not going to be instant, but change at the top is what we have been desperate for for at least three seasons now.

You don't sack the CEO's before the new owners are in.  This is in no way linked to an imminent purchase of the club.  Be careful what you wish for, better the Devil you know etc...

Well that's a strange tale on it. Personally I'd rather have some continuity whilst trying to have some sort of pre-season.

If your dislike of Faulkner overrides any rational thought process as to how this could disrupt player signings, contract negotiations etc particularly when the prospect of a replacement are pretty much nil, well then happy days. Enjoy dancing whilst the ship sinks further.
chrisw1

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 am

chrisw1 wrote:
jvilla wrote:
chrisw1 wrote:

Well that's a strange tale on it. Personally I'd rather have some continuity whilst trying to have some sort of pre-season.

If your dislike of Faulkner overrides any rational thought process as to how this could disrupt player signings, contract negotiations etc particularly when the prospect of a replacement are pretty much nil, well then happy days.  Enjoy dancing whilst the ship sinks further.

Stop clutching that handbag so close to your chest!
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:The interesting & most telling thing will be how quickly he is replaced (given his role in new signings & the closeness of the new season) - this could be most telling about how far along we are with having new owners.

I would have thought replacing him at the moment (with a high caliber external candidate) would be nigh on impossible.
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 am

jvilla wrote:
chrisw1 wrote:
jvilla wrote:
chrisw1 wrote:

If your dislike of Faulkner overrides any rational thought process as to how this could disrupt player signings, contract negotiations etc particularly when the prospect of a replacement are pretty much nil, well then happy days.  Enjoy dancing whilst the ship sinks further.

Stop clutching that handbag so close to your chest!

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am

chrisw1 - it means you are easily offended and prone to arguing the toss over not very much.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am

My first reaction was that Randy tried to find PF another role due to the sale of Villa. However, if Faulkner has resigned due to the constraints placed on him then Lerner has a big problem if he hasn't got a buyer. Yesterday Randy said that he wouldn't let anything distract from the football side and preparing for the new season. Today we do not have a CEO to make football related decisions, what could be more distracting than that? How does this latest news fit in with RL's statement of only a few hours ago? Takeover or turmoil?
villabromsgrove

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 am

Yes this is an interesting development but can we please debate the issue without anyone reverting to insults .

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 am

I'm not arguing the toss, just saying that just because you dislike Faulkner does not make this great news.

Don't get me wrong, if the club was not up for sale and he was being replaced by a decent candidate, I'd be delighted. Right now, however, I think it could be really bad news.
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am

apparently Russell the finance director is taking over as CEO
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3973205,00.html
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 am

chrisw1 wrote:I'm not arguing the toss, just saying that just because you dislike Faulkner does not make this great news.

Don't get me wrong, if the club was not up for sale and he was being replaced by a decent candidate, I'd be delighted.  Right now, however, I think it could be really bad news.

Then we must agree to disagree - but that is what forums are for - sorry to say you had a handbag old bean.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 am

cgale wrote:apparently Russell the finance director is taking over as CEO
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3973205,00.html

A short term move to ensure a smooth takeover hopefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by larvin86 Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 am

chrisw1 wrote:
jvilla wrote:
chrisw1 wrote:

Keep calm... for me this is good news! The statement clearly states that they looked at how they can give him another over paid role with more authority than his experience dictates in Learners wider business interests while he continued to prance around Villa Park like the big swinging dick. They could not find a resolution to this. PF will wait for Learner in the sunset so they can ride off together.

This has to point to some activity regarding the Sale... First Keane announced (after a long delay.) Lambert says things will start moving this week re transfers. Then Randy updates us. Now Faulkner goes! While I dont think the sale will be done in the next couple of weeks, I feel that things have been agreed in principle and the wheels are in motion.

Dancing Banana Scarf Waving Dancing Banana
larvin86

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 am

Good riddance Faulkner, you have an equal 33% stake in the screw ups which have led our club to this point

- Allowed MON to spend at will
- Appointed Mcleish
- Oversaw the asset stripping of our club and shocking performances of our current manager

Granted, its not the best timing and i wouldn't want to go into a new season without a proper CEO, but most people i think believe that Faulkner was a yes man and apart from limited commercial improvements (hospitality), has offered very little on the football side of things

Personally, i find it odd that it has come a day after Randys' last statement though, i think it lends more towards something is actually happening than not, otherwise why didn't he go straight after the statement in early May, as nothing has been happening and he has been at world cup on his FA duties hasn't he?

holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 am

holtehero wrote:Good riddance Faulkner, you have an equal 33% stake in the screw ups which have led our club to this point

- Allowed MON to spend at will
- Appointed Mcleish
- Oversaw the asset stripping of our club and shocking performances of our current manager

Granted, its not the best timing and i wouldn't want to go into a new season without a proper CEO, but most people i think believe that Faulkner was a yes man and apart from limited commercial improvements (hospitality), has offered very little on the football side of things

Personally, i find it odd that it has come a day after Randys' last statement though, i think it lends more towards something is actually happening than not, otherwise why didn't he go straight after the statement in early May, as nothing has been happening and he has been at world cup on his FA duties hasn't he?

Well said - there was a moment when it became apparent that the trio of Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert would all need to go for us to recover - one of the three has gone, and that is major major good news.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:45 am

chrisw1 wrote:Losing your ceo and replacing with a stand in cannot be spun in a good way whatever your feelings about PF.

I completely agree. This cannot be good.
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:46 am

Seeing how lambert always banged on about his close relationship with faulkner I hope he fucks off with him as well !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 am

Cathal Coughlan's Dog wrote:
chrisw1 wrote:Losing your ceo and replacing with a stand in cannot be spun in a good way whatever your feelings about PF.

I completely agree.  This cannot be good.

This caretaker CEO may be here just to help the takeover transition - I think this suggests the end game is close .

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:49 am

Weird timing, especially with Lerner's statement yesterday.

And does it mean that a sale is close or not? Pat Murphy suggested that new owners would surely make that decision so why now? Maybe it means there is no owners and a silly move?

Or perhaps there are owners and they don't want him so have made their move early? I always felt that top level people leaving wouldn't be a Lerner move, so perhaps this means we're close to something.

Or not. Who knows anymore.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 am

The more I think about it I get the impression that Randy didn't expect Faulkner to resign today. It makes his statement yesterday look like the ramblings of a clueless recluse.

I hope I'm wrong and Randy is professionally clearing the decks in advance of a seamless takeover …. but I have my doubts. Rolling Eyes 
villabromsgrove

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 am

Good news this and points to a takeover being in progress further than we thought. I am a happy bloke this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:56 am

In some circumstances that might be true , but the stand in CEO will as finance director  already know much of what needs to be known & may actually speed up any signings etc.

But as others have questioned why has this happened now ? My 1st thoughts was that Faulkner was staying @ the FA but it sounds as if he is not . So could he have been found wanting in his ability to run footie matters ?

Alternatively perhaps the speculation that a take over is imminent is true  & did not one of the early rumours suggest a new CEO from Europe ?
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 am

Eastie wrote:

This caretaker CEO may be here just to help the takeover transition - I think this suggests the end game is close .

(As you may have come to expect from my posts) I agree - after a few weeks of not much, we now have movement...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 am

@patmurphybbc: So Paul Faulkner's reward for holding @AVFCOfficial together recently & covering Lerner's continued absence is 2 b sidelined.Harsh.Why now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next