The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Kendrick calls for change!

+24
Diablo
birchy7
villabromsgrove
AVFClee
tonyp
Ron Dalian
Bigger than Jesus
Since75
Trotters
Sceptical Villan
mordecai
Frank Leigh
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
Thinman
Dek of Villa
The Great white walnut
Trezzy
Mr Jones
Andyh
Morpheus
jvilla
Alpe_DHuez
Elagabalus
28 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 5 Empty Re: Kendrick calls for change!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Eastie wrote:Lerner won't be the one who sacks him - he will be paid off by the new owner - lerner has affection for him because Lerner is just as clueless .

It's not down to the players he's bought - it's down to the fact he can't set them up, motivate them or get his tactics right .

Fair points eastie, fair points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

The only good thing about lambert is he has an eye for a bargain and hasn't bought badly overall- as a scout he may be dynamic but he has no idea how to manage his team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Eastie wrote:The only good thing about lambert is he has an eye for a bargain and hasn't bought badly overall- as a scout he may be dynamic but he has no idea how to manage his team.
I don't really think it matters what formation or what team he picks, they are just playing at a level or two above their ability.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Fergal wrote:
Eastie wrote:The only good thing about lambert is he has an eye for a bargain and hasn't bought badly overall- as a scout he may be dynamic but he has no idea how to manage his team.
I don't really think it matters what formation or what team he picks, they are just playing at a level or two above their ability.

A better manager would get far more from them - we have seen hat they can do on their day by beating some top teams - he just cannot get them to perform on any kind of consistent level.

Maybe he has lost the dressing room - too many players have underperformed for too long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Dalian Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Elagabalus wrote:
mordecai wrote:
Frank Leigh wrote:
I've been to more Villa games than you've had hot dinners.

Not so in my case

I work in the tasting department of Birds Eye testing the range of fish pies and meat based recipes.

The bloke in my aviator could beat you hands down.  He actually holds the record for eating the most sausage rolls in ten minutes.  Apparently the security guard near the bins at the back of the Lost City's Greggs only gets a fifteen minute break.

Great article Elagabalus. Wink
Ron Dalian
Ron Dalian

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Ron Dalian wrote:
Elagabalus wrote:
mordecai wrote:
Frank Leigh wrote:
I've been to more Villa games than you've had hot dinners.

Not so in my case

I work in the tasting department of Birds Eye testing the range of fish pies and meat based recipes.

The bloke in my aviator could beat you hands down.  He actually holds the record for eating the most sausage rolls in ten minutes.  Apparently the security guard near the bins at the back of the Lost City's Greggs only gets a fifteen minute break.

Great article Elagabalus. Wink

I've said it for years, you can't beat a great article.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:22 pm

We might try to steer back on topic, there are many great posts on here needing replies :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Thinman wrote:Frank - a genuine question - why is it that you don't want a new owner?

Also, if you want Lambert to stay - why is that?

I might be missing something.

Hi, whether I want another owner or manager is beside the point. All I'm doing is relating what I have been told. It seems clear to me that Krulak Jr does not know the whole story nor is he being kept in the loop with the latest information.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Kendrick clearly knows that the manager and owner are soon to be off. It annoys me immensely when these so called local reporters fail to ask the burning questions that the fans want answering, when they go to these press conferences.
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Credit where credit is due, Matt Kendrick has showed some balls indeed, and said what needs to be said, this club deserves to be owned and managed by people that have a clue about where the club is heading not dragging it down, the sooner a new buyer is found the better!
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:
Thinman wrote:Frank - a genuine question - why is it that you don't want a new owner?

Hi, whether I want another owner or manager is beside the point. All I'm doing is relating what I have been told. It seems clear to me that Krulak Jr does not know the whole story nor is he being kept in the loop with the latest information.

I don't think Frank said he didn't want new owners, just that he doesn't believe it will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 pm

It's probably been said already but Matt Kendrick has a job to do that relies on the cooperation of the club and it's manager. He must be pretty certain that RL/PF/PL are off at the end of the season. Otherwise he would be a lot more circumspect.
villabromsgrove

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's probably been said already but Matt Kendrick has a job to do that relies on the cooperation of the club and it's manager. He must be pretty certain that RL/PF/PL are off at the end of the season. Otherwise he would be a lot more circumspect.

That is a great point, could well be the case mate, usually he is more reserved in his criticism of the owners and manager, but if as you point out he knows RL PF and PL are off in the summer he wouldn't give two shits what he writes and points out, now that makes perfect sense to me, but he did write what Randy needs to do like a DoF role and all that if he stays here, maybe Matt has just had enough, but you make a good point.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:

Fair enough. I think the conflicting views makes the whole thing even more intriguing. However, get relegated and it'll never happen so I'll be focusing on the next four games.
Thinman
Thinman

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:52 pm

What's it got to do with Krulak Jr, "Frank"? Who's mentioned him other than you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:I'll be clear here - I'm  a Villa supporter of over 20 years and I take umbrage over people questioning my loyalty.  If I came across heavy handed I apologise but put that down to the passion for my club.
I have information to the extent that neither Mr Lerner or Mr Lambert will be leaving any time soon. I am sharing this info with you in good faith.
I can but try to get my message over but I can't force you to listen.

But you're happy to question everyone else's loyalty? And happy to rubbish everyone else's opinion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Is this HandV mark 2? A mod called Fergal has just informed me in all seriousness that photographs of Alex Salmond are banned on here and the words 'great' and 'article' cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 pm

It's the personal nature of the attacks. Not tolerated here, and you had time enough to heed the polite requests to stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 pm

I don't think frank Leigh is really questioning our opinions on balance.

We all have one, whether they match or are opposites is what triggers discussion and debate. If Frank reckons it's not going ahead, then he can feel free to present his opinion.

Quite frankly, time will tell whose knowledge is correct. Until that point that it's official, we can easily continue to discuss it in here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Aye. Well said Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 pm

chris_jephcott wrote:I don't think frank Leigh is really questioning our opinions on balance.

We all have one, whether they match or are opposites is what triggers discussion and debate. If Frank  reckons it's not going ahead, then he can feel free to present his opinion.

Quite frankly, time will tell whose knowledge is correct. Until that point that it's official, we can easily continue to discuss it in here.

Absolutely.

Back to top Go down

Post by birchy7 Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 pm

I think it must be tough for the local press since Lerner took charge, no more tea and biscuits with Uncle Doug and these days it doesn't take much for the sensitive souls at VP to ban or nudge you further out of the loop. The likes of Brian Doogan don't seem the nicest people to communicate with either! It isn't just Aston Villa either, didn't Newcastle United ban some of the local press due to "an anti-Newcastle United stance". If the account given by Howard Hodgson is true then Aston Villa have a very similar outlook on people they consider aren't toeing the party line.

So I think despite all of this, Kendrick comes across as a really balanced and decent bloke who seems passionate about our club.

Kendrick mentioning Graham Taylor's name in the article reminded me of when Lerner invited Taylor for a meeting after MON left the club for his views on the way forward for the club. Lerner pulled out of the meeting at the last minute and Taylor met with Paul Faulkner instead and suggested that Villa keep Kevin MacDonald and allow him the freedom to coach the players, develop talent and man-manage and then appoint a more experienced person to deal with contracts, scouting and signing players..so 4 years ago, he was basically calling for a doF (which is the very role many Villa fans feel would suit someone like Taylor himself). the fact we went and got Houlier seems that we just ignored his suggestions.

So much of Lambert in recent weeks reminds me so much of Alex McLeish. I remember McLeish saying after that final game that he wanted to sit down with the board and that things couldn't carry on as they were and that he didn't come to aston villa for this..words repeated by lambert in the last few weeks. I think Kendrick is spot on with everything he wrote (nothing ground breaking or new really) but still nice to hear from the Mail who traditionally did ask tough questions of the club but whose role is increasingly difficult under the current regime.

I am not sure Lerner (if he stays put) would sack Lambert. He's already got the excuses in early = even as far as using N'Zogbia as mitigation for our poor season!! unbelievable. The close relationship he talks about seems more important to him than anything else, it's something he used a lot with mcLeish too. However, I detect if this takeover doesn't happen then Lambert's meeting with lerner and Faulkner will lead to either him walking or being pushed because Lambert is looking a broken man, lost and isolated.
birchy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Eye for a bargain?  :shock: he's bought some total shite IMO and his loan signings are laughable!
Do agree though he can't manage.
Diablo
Diablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Ian wrote:
Frank Leigh wrote:I'll be clear here - I'm  a Villa supporter of over 20 years and I take umbrage over people questioning my loyalty.  If I came across heavy handed I apologise but put that down to the passion for my club.
I have information to the extent that neither Mr Lerner or Mr Lambert will be leaving any time soon. I am sharing this info with you in good faith.
I can but try to get my message over but I can't force you to listen.

But you're happy to question everyone else's loyalty? And happy to rubbish everyone else's opinion?

I haven't rubbished anyone's opinion and I havent questioned anyone's loyalty. When someone doubts what team I support on a Villa fans forum then I think that is an inflammatory attack on my love for the club and to tell you the truth that shocked me. Possibly I overreacted but I think if we had been having this conversation in a pub it would've come across as just banter between likeminded supporters.
I haven't attacked anyone personally and have apologised for my heavy handedness in responding to people. Once again, I apologise if I have upset anyone.
I joined this forum as I heard that there was some new information about the changes at the Villa. This was different info to what I had heard from good sources. I had advance word that there would be a story in the Sunday papers that I shared with this forum and was proved right.
From what I can gather, there is 'news' being leaked by the Villa, some of which is smokescreen and some the truth. I know that the press are being lead a merry dance and that has probably prompted Mat K's article. I just happen to believe that he is jumping the gun.

We are all Villa fans here and this exchange of information should help us have a better understanding of what is going on at the club rather than provoking arguments.

Up the Villa.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next