The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Kendrick calls for change!

+24
Diablo
birchy7
villabromsgrove
AVFClee
tonyp
Ron Dalian
Bigger than Jesus
Since75
Trotters
Sceptical Villan
mordecai
Frank Leigh
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
Thinman
Dek of Villa
The Great white walnut
Trezzy
Mr Jones
Andyh
Morpheus
jvilla
Alpe_DHuez
Elagabalus
28 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kendrick calls for change!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am

I must admit, he does look like a beaten man. He looks resigned to the fact that he is a goner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 am

Mat Kendrick is 100% on the money with that article and I just hope the changes he seeks all come true.

For me Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert's, positions at the club have now become untenable and I will be deeply disappointed if any of the are still here come the start of next season.

Time, money and new ambition at the club will tell?
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:09 am

Dek of Villa wrote:Mat Kendrick is 100% on the money with that article and I just hope the changes he seeks all come true.

For me Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert's, positions at the club have now become untenable and I will be deeply disappointed if any of the are still here come the start of next season.

Time, money and new ambition at the club will tell?

Spot on dek cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:15 am

It is a good article but I have been saying most of it for over a year now, mainly:
1 - The non-appearance / seeming lack of interest shown by Lerner
2 - The waste of club assets by Lambert.

Let us hope that, when we get a new owner and a new manager, we are honest with ourselves. We must speak as we find. If the first transfer window passes with no major signings, they must be given stick, not 'wait until January' and 'give them another year'. We are in need of a quick fix and that means between now and July and no later. Rome wasn't built in a day but we have supposedly been putting down foundations for several years with nothing to show for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:21 am

I would expect the new owner to have the ambition and finance to compete at the highest level rather than just exist in this league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 am

Well said Kendrick.

I wouldn't argue with one word of that.
Thinman
Thinman

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 am

The Bald Eagle wrote:It is a good article but I have been saying most of it for over a year now, mainly:
1 - The non-appearance / seeming lack of interest shown by Lerner
2 - The waste of club assets by Lambert.

Let us hope that, when we get a new owner and a new manager, we are honest with ourselves. We must speak as we find. If the first transfer window passes with no major signings, they must be given stick, not 'wait until January' and 'give them another year'. We are in need of a quick fix and that means between now and July and no later. Rome wasn't built in a day but we have supposedly been putting down foundations for several years with nothing to show for it.

You have indeed Bald Eagle. I think fans have been fed up in a long while. For some reason they have had a sort of fatalistic resignation to our fate under Lerner/Lambert. As you point out, this regime has become stale because it has been let off the hook so many times. Whether that's to do with not wanting to endanger our delicate premier league status or the board allowing manager's act like lightning rods for their own failures I'm not sure.

All I know is things have got to change or we are heading for the Championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jones Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Sounds like he knows something
Mr Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Kendrick has been getting quite irate lately, his reports following the Fulham and Palace games were damning to say the least! Hopefully he does know something, and that's why hes come forward with this article. Bold move!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:31 pm

He's got it spot on, but it's nothing that a lot of us wouldn't say. Kendrick is a Villa fan too so obviously he'd have his own opinion. I can't help but think, as others have alluded to, that he believes that change is coming so he can get away with writing that piece without facing the ire of some at Villa Park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:He's got it spot on, but it's nothing that a lot of us wouldn't say. Kendrick is a Villa fan too so obviously he'd have his own opinion. I can't help but think, as others have alluded to, that he believes that change is coming so he can get away with writing that piece without facing the ire of some at Villa Park.

Totally agree, he wouldn't  risk alienating the powers that be if he thought they were going to stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:36 pm

He has it bang on the money for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 pm

You would think MK knows Lambert is off to say that
. He didn't say " maybe Lambert has to go ", he said he simply has to and he's spot on. He basically said Randy has to go to

Just think, this time next year we might be fighting for fourth
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Kendrick calls for change! - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:40 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:You would think MK knows Lambert is off to say that
. He didn't say " maybe Lambert has to go ", he said he simply has to and he's spot on. He basically said Randy has to go to

Just think, this time next year we might be fighting for fourth

I'd settle for top 8 :)

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 pm

I'd settle for where Southampton are now, comfortably top half playing nice football with a good core of English players and the potential for exciting, reasonably priced signings ala Ramirez and Wanyama. Oh, and a cup run  Very Happy 
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Lazy preaching to the converted journalism.
Has he just knocked that together from what has already been said over the last two years on a dozen Villa fans forums?
Populist conjecture and you all seem to be jumping around as if he is predicting the future.
Lets get this straight:
1. The club has not been sold.
2. Lambert WILL be manager at the start of next season.

If anyone thinks anything different to that, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:Lazy preaching to the converted journalism.
Has he just knocked that together from what has already been said over the last two years on a dozen Villa fans forums?
Populist conjecture and you all seem to be jumping around as if he is predicting the future.
Lets get this straight:

If anyone thinks anything different to that, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Lambert will be manager still?
Lerner will still own the club?

There will need to be some monumental changes if they expect to sell season tickets. Few will settle for any more of Lerner's hiding away or Lambert's poor management.
The owner must know that the club that he bought is losing value. What is he prepared to do about it other than get out quick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:Lazy preaching to the converted journalism.
Lets get this straight:

Frankly Sounds like its yourself you are trying to convince my friend, you certainly are not convincing most of us Sad
Keep repeating it by all means, you might believe it yourself in the end :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm

I don't give a damn what you think; I'm just telling you whats going to happen. If you care not to believe it then so be it.
I hoped that this forum was less blinkered than the others but it seems as though you're no different from the rest.

Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:I don't give a damn what you think; I'm just telling you whats going to happen. If you care not to believe it then so be it.
I hoped that this forum was less blinkered than the others but it seems as though you're no different from the rest.

Enjoy your afternoon frank :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jones Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:42 pm

agreed. unless you are endowed with psychic, telepathic powers, you can't tell us what's going to happen can you Frank?
Mr Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:I don't give a damn what you think; I'm just telling you whats going to happen. If you care not to believe it then so be it.

Have you thought of applying to be a mod?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Mr Jones wrote:agreed. unless you are endowed with psychic, telepathic powers, you can't tell us what's going to happen can you Frank?

I told you two days before your big announcement that there was a breaking news story. I'm telling you now that you may not get a new owner as quickly as you think, he won't be from the USA and that Lambert will be manager in August.

Now, I'm not a gambling man but I'm more than happy to take your money if you want to bet on it.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:
Mr Jones wrote:agreed. unless you are endowed with psychic, telepathic powers, you can't tell us what's going to happen can you Frank?

I told you two days before your big announcement that there was a breaking news story. I'm telling you now that you may not get a new owner as quickly as you think, he won't be from the USA and that Lambert will be manager in August.

Now, I'm not a gambling man but I'm more than happy to take your money if you want to bet on it.

When you say you may not get a new owner should that not be we - depending on who you support that is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Leigh Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:59 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:

Have you thought of applying to be a mod?

Thats about as likely as me being invited back on to VT, VV or H&V. I know who runs these things and why they do it; they don't want normal people telling the truth. They want sycophants and yes men.
Frank Leigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next