The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:02 pm

We're all waiting to see what's going on, but this time next week, we'll probably be none the wiser, nor this time next month... I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually end up with new Chinese owners/investors, who again, we will know very little about. What happened to all the 'ITK' people, like we had with the last takeover, I know most of it was made up, but at least it was entertaining, and gave a bit of hope.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:29 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're all waiting to see what's going on, but this time next week, we'll probably be none the wiser, nor this time next month... I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually end up with new Chinese owners/investors, who again, we will know very little about. What happened to all the 'ITK' people, like we had with the last takeover, I know most of it was made up, but at least it was entertaining, and gave a bit of hope.

Pure guesswork but my thoughts are Xia has little chance of anyone investing unless they get control of the club. Most likley Xia is looking to sell - the only alternative is some sort of finance company covering the debts at a rate of interest. Xia would no doubt try and spin this as investment .
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2805
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:45 am

Exactly Smetro I can just see the announcement that Xia has secured investment from Wonga or Quick Quid or Funding Circle?

The guy is a chancer and a fraud so the quicker he is gone the better!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1392
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 am

The media reported a lot of things when Lerner was trying to sell us, most of it turned out to be false, even journalists like Percy and Pat Murphy didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. So I'm hoping all this talk of Xia wanting to stay in control and looking for investment is similarly false, and that we're actually in full takeover talks, hence the wall of silence.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:56 am

What this means exactly I'm not sure, but apparently documents filed on Company House today suggest that we've made £70M worth of £1 share's available

PDF Link

I'm seeing people speculate that that's what he wants to sell 49 percent stake in us for, but he paid less than that for the whole club.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by achilles on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:39 am

We are just existing hand to mouth here!

Apparently according to companies house we have set up a loan against the £1m Sanchez sale, scheduled for us to receive on July 6th and get the cash early mid June, this just sums it up!
Just so we can pay the end of the month bills!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:18 pm

We are in the brown smelly stuff! So that's Amavi, Veretout and Sanchez all called in early even if it is weeks? So what happens next month? Or the month after? Xia has blown 57m in loans up to April 2017 from Recon I reckon it is the same for last year? They were valuing the squad at 80m? Plus there are loans from HSBC where all the property is up as collateral? Xia needs to man up and go he has gambled big time and lost his shirt!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1392
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Dazzle on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Xia is exacerbating our problems with his poxy desire to “save face”. A message for you Dr, you’ve lost face and all hope of any credibility. You’ve fucked us over and will never be forgiven. Just go you shit arse tin pot poker player.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 958
Reputation : 1150
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 45
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:02 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:What this means exactly I'm not sure, but apparently documents filed on Company House today suggest that we've made £70M worth of £1 share's available

PDF Link

I'm seeing people speculate that that's what he wants to sell 49 percent stake in us for, but he paid less than that for the whole club.

From what I understand he has allocated 100% of the shares to himself. So he can sell some or all of them. Can't see much interest in 49% of Villa. I am guessing he would like to retain the majority of his shares, but realistically knows this isn't possible. Effectively we are up for sale. and Xia has money from Recon to keep us afloat in the meantime - however the more debt he clocks up the less valuable the club will be. I wouldn't hold your breath on a quick sale, but doubt we will ever see Dr Tony at VP again.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2805
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:05 pm

@Dazzle wrote:Xia is exacerbating our problems with his poxy desire to “save face”. A message for you Dr, you’ve lost face and all hope of any credibility. You’ve fucked us over and will never be forgiven. Just go you shit arse tin pot poker player.

I really think saving face is the least of his problem (I don't buy this Chinese honour thing) - He brought us for £60m - Spent at least that amount on players and wages - to a greater or lesser extent he has borrowed that money and now the repayments have to be met. He is in the shite even if he sells us - this could bankrupt him.......and us...
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2805
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:00 pm

@smetro wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:What this means exactly I'm not sure, but apparently documents filed on Company House today suggest that we've made £70M worth of £1 share's available

PDF Link

I'm seeing people speculate that that's what he wants to sell 49 percent stake in us for, but he paid less than that for the whole club.

From what I understand he has allocated 100% of the shares to himself. So he can sell some or all of them. Can't see much interest in 49% of Villa. I am guessing he would like to retain the majority of his shares, but realistically knows this isn't possible. Effectively we are up for sale. and Xia has money from Recon to keep us afloat in the meantime - however the more debt he clocks up the less valuable the club will be. I wouldn't hold your breath on a quick sale, but doubt we will ever see Dr Tony at VP again.

Apparently Lerner did the same thing with the accounts when he was trying to sell us, I seem to remember him getting a lot of praise for it as well, I don't understand what it all means though, something to do with turning debt into equity, to make the 'books' look healthier. it did take a few years from that point for him to actually find a buyer; but in spite of that fact, I don't think it will take Xia as long to sell the club, if that's indeed what he's trying to do.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:05 pm

I noticed Howard Hodgson has gone quiet, he tweeted something about him helping Xia with his cash flow problems, and then something about Bruce not being in charge next season if he had anything to do with it. Since then he's hasn't said anything, clutching at straws but maybe he's under a NDA, I think he's definitely been involved with consortiums in the past.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 am

Aston Villa’s precarious future could soon be resolved as Tony Xia discusses takeover bids with two interested parties.

BirminghamLive understands that Xia rejected a 51 per-cent offer from a European bidder yesterday.

A financial package that would have met Xia’s requirements of up to £40million of investment was put forward - but he knocked it back.

Negotiations with two other serious bidders are now planned as the Chinese owner tries to find a way out of the current mess.

Both parties are weighing up offers for control or outright purchase.

And in the background remains an American group which has registered an interest but is yet to make a formal bid.

It’s understood representatives were taking a closer inspection around Villa Park and the surrounding area earlier this week but they’re yet to make a move.

Interest has started to pick up after a slow week.

And sources have told us that a recent filing on Companies House related to the club’s debt suggests a new buyer or major investor is not far away.

Birmingham LIve

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am

Would like a uk based buyer - if not that American Peter Freund.

Fear it will be another eastern group though.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2805
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by achilles on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am

Thank McGrath for that!
Something positive might yet still come out of all this total mess!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Right just heard this from a chap ITK at the baggies

Basically talks to sell are at advanced stage - Very likely we will have new owners or pretty close to it by the time the season starts. New owners are Europe based consortium with a UK frontman.

Xia is almost totally out of the picture and a new guy from Recon is handling the sale and wants villa shifted ASAP.

......Gulp !
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2805
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Doesn't look like any takeover is on the cards whatsover....


Dr. Tony Xia
‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
14m14 minutes ago
Took lots of time to rethink about what we did, right or wrong things. Didn’t read any news about us which surely were with many rumors. I will keep doing my best to support our beloved AV. Keep stronger! #UTV


deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Anyone remember the Ex footballer who was linked to us before Xia bought us?
He was at BMH with a consortium yesterday having the place surveyed.
This according to a club source is the new owners.
Something is definatley happening for sure.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2420
Reputation : 1786
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 48
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm

The only ex footballer I can remember being involved last time around was Tony Adams, Paul Smith who was an executive at Chelsea at one point was also involved. Percy reported at the time that they went into due diligence, after making a 'non-binding indicative offer', so wouldn't be a great surprise if they were interested again, If I remember rightly they had wealthy backers as well, who nearly bought Tottenham at one stage.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:25 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The only ex footballer I can remember being involved last time around was Tony Adams, Paul Smith who was an executive at Chelsea at one point was also involved. Percy reported at the time that they went into due diligence, after making a 'non-binding indicative offer', so wouldn't be a great surprise if they were interested again, If I remember rightly they had wealthy backers as well, who nearly bought Tottenham at one stage.
thats the one fella.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2420
Reputation : 1786
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 48
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Looking into it, it was actually Gilan Holdings from Azerbaijan who were said to be backing the Paul Smith and Tony Adams takeover, I think Adams was just there as an advisor.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by danclare82 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Who are Gilan holdings and what wealth do they have
avatar
danclare82



Posts : 711
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 pm

Who knows , one thing I will say is that people who have showed an interest in buying us before, don't seem to come back a second time.
Any Xia's latest tweet seems to suggest business as usual - or at least thats the impression he wants to give.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2805
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 pm

They're a big construction conglomerate from Azerbaijan owned by the Heydarov family, who from what I can make out have built a lot of hotels in Baku, including a sport themed one, but they're also involved in a lot other sectors as well, including owning over 99 percent of the AFB Bank, they're basically mega wealthy... This is their website for what it's worth.

The connection to Tony Adams comes from the fact that they also own the club that he used to manage, Gabala FK. As an aside Tale Heydarov one of the owners of Gilan, and chairman of Gabala FK, is apparently friends with Prince William...

Of course it's all pie in the sky, as we don't even know if they were actually involved in the Tony Adams consortium last time around, that in itself was just speculation. I say 'the Tony Adams consortium', it was actually being led by Paul Smith, and Adams was just there as an advisor. Whoever's backing them, it wouldn't be a great surprise if they came back in for us, they got as far as due diligence the last time according to Percy and Pat Murphy.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:25 pm

@smetro wrote:Who knows , one thing I will say is that people who have showed an interest in buying us before, don't seem to come back a second time.
Any Xia's latest tweet seems to suggest business as usual - or at least thats the impression he wants to give.

Back to reality... I also got the impression from his tweet that he's not going anywhere, although if that's the case I wish he'd just say so.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum