The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

+29
LVBrit
Gordonsleftboot
Saunders82
Keyser Soze
Rowley Villa
avfcnigel
andrew24561
Terry Derry
danclare82
achilles
Dazzle
gaffer85
STO67
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
Wriggle
The Utterer
VTID85
UnclePanda
Fpuppys
BillytheKid
FoxyAV
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 8 Empty Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Apparently a Middle Eastern group has made a bid, could that possibly point to Amanda Staveley after all?
deadbuzzardalive

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Arab group takeover - according to Gregg Evans evening mail

Dancing Banana

Only 1 banana (no thats the bid price !) - don't like these absent overseas owners.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Strong rumours and reports that a deal with Middle Eastern investor is close. Likely initial controlling investment with a view to total takeover at a later date.

INTERESTING!.

CLICKY
The Utterer
The Utterer

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Apparently Thierry Henry is odds on favorite to be our next manager as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Majid Al Futtain Holdings is being rumour on twitter and VT? 2nd richest man in Middle East but sounds too good to be true? Even a moderately rich guy with some business acumen will be a huge improvement on Dr Phony? Let's watch this space!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcnigel Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Been on H&V and the Al Futtaim Group has been mentioned there, too.
They tend to rubbish things over there quite quickly, but, this rumour hasn't reached the rubbishing bit yet :-0
Does seem too good to be true, though
avfcnigel
avfcnigel

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:41 pm

The Al Futtaim Group thing was started off as a joke on twitter, but it's gathered a bit of momentum now, and people are running with it, especially as it's been observed that their chairman, Sir Michael Rake is from the Midlands, and some even saying a Villa fan, so people are seeing that connection and getting their hopes up.

I think a lot see 'middle eastern' and immediately think of mega money, but there are examples of owners from that region like Fawaz at Forest and Gaydamak at Portsmouth, who had little money, and were very bad for their respective clubs.

The money behind Amanda Staveley's bid for Newcastle was from the Middle East, so I'm surprised that she hasn't been mentioned amongst all the guesses.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:55 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently Thierry Henry is odds on favorite to be our next manager as well.

That would be lovely but to be honest I'd take anyone over what we already have.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:38 pm

I think we have to be mindful that, if we are being taken over, why lurch from crisis to crisis and appoint someone who has absolutely zero acumen at this level. Yes, he might be great but I would rather we stopped gambling.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Villa Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Al Futtaim Group thing was started off as a joke on twitter, but it's gathered a bit of momentum now, and people are running with it, especially as it's been observed that their chairman, Sir Michael Rake is from the Midlands, and some even saying a Villa fan, so people are seeing that connection and getting their hopes up.

I think a lot see 'middle eastern' and immediately think of mega money, but there are examples of owners from that region like Fawaz at Forest and Gaydamak at Portsmouth, who had little money, and were very bad for their respective clubs.

The money behind Amanda Staveley's bid for Newcastle was from the Middle East, so I'm surprised that she hasn't been mentioned amongst all the guesses.

I have been told they are a "wealthy" Egyptian group but I haven't been told anymore than that. However, I am not sure what constitutes wealthy. Tony Xia was supposedly wealthy and he has placed us on the edge of a financial precipice. There is a glimmer of hope but as far as the Villa is concerned, every time I glimpsed a light at the end of the tunnel for years now it transpires that it has been an oncoming express train.
Rowley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 pm

after such a brutal summer which has offered so many kicks in the knackers and our once proud club has sunk to new depths of despair, the laughing stock of English football, this news has come as a ray of hope that will probably petter out as another false dawn but for now I will enjoy and embrace the moment to smile and hope that better things are just around the corner for us all.UTV
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:24 am

Rowley Villa wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Al Futtaim Group thing was started off as a joke on twitter, but it's gathered a bit of momentum now, and people are running with it, especially as it's been observed that their chairman, Sir Michael Rake is from the Midlands, and some even saying a Villa fan, so people are seeing that connection and getting their hopes up.

I have been told they are a "wealthy" Egyptian group but I haven't been told anymore than that. However, I am not sure what constitutes wealthy. Tony Xia was supposedly wealthy and he has placed us on the edge of a financial precipice. There is a glimmer of hope but as far as the Villa is concerned, every time I glimpsed a light at the end of the tunnel for years now it transpires that it has been an oncoming express train.

Maybe there's something in the Egyptian link... Steve Wollaston from the 'Birmingham Live' has just tweeted this...

Steve Wollaston
‏2m2 minutes ago
Have seen some excellent journalism from @greggevans40 recently. Plenty of exclusives, even if some of them haven't always been what fans want to hear. Yesterday's news about Egytian investment and a detailed look at the Xia crisis can be found here  #avfc

The actual article that he links to, doesn't actually mention the potential investors as Egyptians, just that they're from the 'Middle East', so seems like he may have let something slip... Edit: He's since deleted the tweet, and resent it, replacing the wood Egyptian with Middle East... Looks like he's covering himself.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:15 am

Usually a reliable source...

John Percy
‏Verified account @JPercyTelegraph
2m2 minutes ago
#avfc in advanced negotiations with a Middle East consortium, believed to be from Egypt. Understand Dr Tony Xia is close to agreeing a full sale
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Villa Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:12 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Usually a reliable source...

John Percy
2m2 minutes ago
#avfc in advanced negotiations with a Middle East consortium, believed to be from Egypt. Understand Dr Tony Xia is close to agreeing a full sale

That's consistent with what I was told yesterday. The person who told me was quite reasonably reticent to add any details but at that stage it was thought to be a majority stake with a view to Xia relinquishing any kind of involvement in the future rather than an immediate full sale. However, these situation can change rapidly so who knows. We have a glimmer of hope but only time will tell whether the sake will be successfully concluded, what financial resources any new owners would have at their disposal and, just as importantly, the nature of their intentions.
Rowley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:15 pm

It's the World Cup - got anyone with money to burn in the mood for getting a piece of the action.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Rowley Villa wrote:

John Percy
2m2 minutes ago

That's consistent with what I was told yesterday. The person who told me was quite reasonably reticent to add any details but at that stage it was thought to be a majority stake with a view to Xia relinquishing any kind of involvement in the future rather than an immediate full sale. However, these situation can change rapidly so who knows. We have a glimmer of hope but only time will tell whether the sake will be successfully concluded, what financial resources any new owners would have at their disposal and, just as importantly, the nature of their intentions.

Yes Percy saying a full sale, but a few articles posted today have said that it's a majority sale with a view to taking full control at a later date.

This article in The Times, suggests that it's an Egyptian business man, 'backed by funds from the Middle East'. Edit: You can't see the rest of the article because it's behind a paywall, but it goes on to say that it's 'rumoured' that the money behind the bid is coming from Qatar.

Link to image of the full article on Twitter.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Villa Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
Rowley Villa wrote:

John Percy
2m2 minutes ago

Yes Percy saying a full sale, but a few articles posted today have said that it's a majority sale with a view to taking full control at a later date.

This article in The Times, suggests that it's an Egyptian business man, 'backed by funds from the Middle East'. Edit: You can't see the rest of the article because it's behind a paywall, but it goes on to say that it's 'rumoured' that the money behind the bid is coming from Qatar.

Link to image of the full article on Twitter.

Thanks mate.
Rowley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Officail now

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/07/20/club-statement-investment-in-aston-villa

Dr Tony Xia and Aston Villa Football Club (“the Club”) announce that NSWE, a company that is jointly owned and controlled by businessman Nassef Sawiris’ group NNS and businessman Wes Edens, will immediately inject significant investment capital into the Club. At the same time, Dr Tony Xia will become Co-Chairman and remain on the board.

The capital injection and transaction have been approved by the EFL and the parties will work through all confirmatory approvals required by the EFL as soon as possible.

The Club’s management remain focused on strengthening the squad and are fully aligned with the new investors who are supportive of their ambitions.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Right then, we’re back in business! Egyptian £bs and American sports franchise know how. Let’s hope this yields the positive and progressive future we all want. If Jack is still to go at least we get proper market money for him now, Levy will be coughing his guts up!!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Seems to good to be true !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Dazzle wrote:Right then, we’re back in business! Egyptian £bs and American sports franchise know how. Let’s hope this yields the positive and progressive future we all want. If Jack is still to go at least we get proper market money for him now, Levy will be coughing his guts up!!

To Levy "Jacks not for sale anymore" - can I interest you in a Glenn Whelan ? - plays a similar position to Jack.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:49 pm

At last some positive news but it is just the first step in a process that needs to unravel the utter mess the club is in!

Hopefully we can get back to having the club being run in a sensible manner, both on and off the pitch. UTV Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:03 pm

"Puff" just like that, he was gone.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:03 pm

I still blame Bruce and his mates Round and Wyness for spending so unwisely on the likes of Hogan and McCormack to the point where we have to sell Jack to make up for it. It's great news we have new investment and two more partners with a financial stake to do this with Xia (I wonder if they would have stuck with Bruce after the first season?) but to still lose the jewel in your crown while one of the people at fault is still in position (I mean Bruce here) is a very difficult pill to swallow. Sure, I don't want a Thierry Henry (or Remi Garde or Tim Sherwood, or...) coming in to practice on us but maybe there's hope the new owners will take an impartial look at Bruce's purchases, use of assets both already at the club (including academy and reserves) and bought at his direction, managerial decisions (notwithstanding the terrible time he had in his personal life last year) and success rate and see if they can bring in a manager better suited for the situation we're in. For example if Jack's off we really need someone like Thor linking defence and midfield, Whelan is not in any way the answer. I can't think of anything worse than selling Kodjia and being left with McCormack and Hogan on the books and Bruce still in charge. Good news about the owners, here's to more good news about the manager and which players get sold.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:17 pm

I was looking forward to see some of our very talented youngsters come of age this season. I hope that will still happen.
Great news that the financial future of the club is secured.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next