The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread

+11
VTID85
bruka
FoxyAV
Army villain
achilles
Villa_Dan
gaffer85
De Kuip
Saunders82
Dazzle
AstonThriller
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by FoxyAV Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 am

danclare82 wrote:
Wriggle wrote:Agree with Joppe and most of the other posts above. The manager and coaches need to be changed asap, otherwise this season is going no where.
The players are there, it's the tactics and style that is drastically missing. Get a manager in that plays a passing and moving style and we'd see a huge difference I need these players.

Sack him asap for me, the and s no other option.

See the goal last night and Hogan offside goal. Both pass and move on the floor. It's not rocket science is it. Long hoof balls to a lone striker don't work ffs. You could see Hogan getting pisssd off. I feel sorry for him. He makes good runs all the time and never gets found. Bruce has brought and ruined Hogan, lansbury, hourihane etc and has only been saved so far because of adomahs scoring run. Time to go NOW.  Who would we all want????

He screws all these players, reminds me of Vlaar. He virtually fell apart when he had to cover the players next to him (Lowton and Clark spring to mind) but looked superb playing for Holland, with proper players either side. Hourihane is hobbled by having to cover Whelan, Chester is screwed when Elmo is on his right, doubly so with Jedi on his left. Hogan gets nothing but long balls and last night we saw Grealish mostly nullified because he was hanging back too far because the two central midfielders were so deep. Grealish isn't a winger, Elmo isn't a defender, he needs to start playing them in their correct positions.

Bruce has the tools but seems terrified of changing anything, he only does so when he's forced to or when someone gets tired. Onomah could be a really good player alongside Hourihane - both can defend and get forward, neither of which Whelan can do. Grealish ahead of them and Hogan up front and we have a cracking central spine. Play players in their correct position, it's a pretty basic plan. It's not going to happen though is it?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by Saunders82 Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:59 am

Joppe84 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:The top brass had better have a plan to get people in as soon as the window opens cos this team need help, I cannot believe how poor we have been again, way too slow.

This has nothing to do with players. This has to do with management. Giving this fat fraud more money is pure lunacy.

Disagree, but guess we see it differently. Personally I reckon I could get this team scoring for fun with just Hogan and Davis up top.

We ALL think that BUT its the people at the club that have the say, we need to give them the tools & see what happens at present we can all see the problems but theres nothing we can do. Get the right players in to strengthen us and see what happens, as it is there is no chance of promotion as we all know.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:05 pm

What's sad is that after last season we all knew how last night was going to pan our didn't we? They would pass the ball around us and make us look slow a tired. Ok the result wasn't as emphatic as last season but we still lost so hzv3 we improved in 12 mths? Maybe if we had kodjia all season things might be different but shit happens and we've got a squad big enough to deal with it. How many times hav3 WE dominated a team for 90mins under Bruce? Burton away? Any more? It's shocking and Xia needs to act now but do we trust him to get right manager in to replace him?
danclare82
danclare82

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 pm

danclare82 wrote:
Wriggle wrote:Agree with Joppe and most of the other posts above. The manager and coaches need to be changed asap, otherwise this season is going no where.
The players are there, it's the tactics and style that is drastically missing. Get a manager in that plays a passing and moving style and we'd see a huge difference I need these players.

See the goal last night and Hogan offside goal. Both pass and move on the floor. It's not rocket science is it. Long hoof balls to a lone striker don't work ffs.

I want Bruce gone, make no mistake. But this is just flawed. In Norway we're playing a lot of 451 mostly cause we are shit at football. And there are a few basics to get right. Hoof balls to a striker doesn't always work. Hoof balls to a good targetman works in most cases. However this requires some tactical understanding, well at the level of an 8 year old anyway.
Secondly 4-5-1 requires plenty of runs from midfield to offset the missing second striker and apply pressure.
Thirdly 4-5-1 is easier implemented if you have at least one very pacy winger to cross from the byline. However that requires both pace and crossing. Villa have neither.

In fact we are playing 4-5-1 without a targetman, without pacy good crossing wingers and with Whelan and Jedinak to support with runs from midfield. And people are some how confused as to why Bruce is failing. It's a fucking parody.

FWIW his tactical astuteness makes me wanna link this again:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

See the goal last night and Hogan offside goal. Both pass and move on the floor. It's not rocket science is it. Long hoof balls to a lone striker don't work ffs. You could see Hogan getting pisssd off. I feel sorry for him. He makes good runs all the time and never gets found. Bruce has brought and ruined Hogan, lansbury, hourihane etc and has only been saved so far because of adomahs scoring run. Time to go NOW.  Who would we all want????

He screws all these players, reminds me of Vlaar. He virtually fell apart when he had to cover the players next to him (Lowton and Clark spring to mind) but looked superb playing for Holland, with proper players either side. Hourihane is hobbled by having to cover Whelan, Chester is screwed when Elmo is on his right, doubly so with Jedi on his left. Hogan gets nothing but long balls and last night we saw Grealish mostly nullified because he was hanging back too far because the two central midfielders were so deep. Grealish isn't a winger, Elmo isn't a defender, he needs to start playing them in their correct positions.  

Bruce has the tools but seems terrified of changing anything, he only does so when he's forced to or when someone gets tired. Onomah could be a really good player alongside Hourihane - both can defend and get forward, neither of which Whelan can do. Grealish ahead of them and Hogan up front and we have a cracking central spine. Play players in their correct position, it's a pretty basic plan. It's not going to happen though is it?

What has Hogan done so far, apart from fuck all?
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 am

Terry Derry wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

What has Hogan done so far, apart from fuck all?

Why do you think Hogan went from scoring 7 from 2 starts (and 5 subs appearances) at Brentford in 2015-2016 and 14 from 25 starts in the first half of last season to 1 goal for us last season and none so far this (combined total of 14 starts and 16 subs appearances)? Why do you think Bruce brought in a player who uses the ball on the ground (he's 5'9" FFS) to use as a target man for long balls in the air? His assist and ruled out goal were great against Brentford, he harasses opponents, he gets in behind and makes intelligent runs into space or takes defenders away from where the ball's going.

If we ever bring in an intelligent manager who knows how to use players I want to see Hogan still here and played properly. Not a chance in hell though, I can see him sold in January in our winter sales for a low price to a team who'll get the best out of him and cause us grief.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Bruce might be gone before the transfer window starts sonHogan should be safe for a while.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Brentford vs Aston Villa Match Thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Terry Derry wrote:Bruce might be gone before the transfer window starts sonHogan should be safe for a while.

That's what we all want as a late Christmas present!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3