The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread

+11
big ming
Fpuppys
Wookster
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
Dazzle
Boldfinger
De Kuip
AstonThriller
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread Empty The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 am

I was waiting for someone else to start this but no-one stepped forward so I said "to hell with it, my record isn't that bad, is it?" The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 498107619 .

So the silly international break is finally over and it's show time today. We welcome a team I greatly admire tbh. A team who play the game the right way and our innovators in the current climate when it comes to their coaching pyramid and player recruitment. And all of that is down to Brentford's owner who is one of the more forward thinking individuals in the game.

This game is at Villa park though and it's been a tough place to go for the past year or so now for opposition teams. Judging by Bruce comments yesterday, Jedinak has a chance to play, Snoddy might only be on the bench, Hutton and Samba are back fit and Davis is certain to lead the line. Meanwhile, Brentford lost three of their best player to the shower down the road so it will be interesting to see how they look today. Jota is obviously a massive loss but they do have some other decent wingers like Canos and Watkins to call upon.

Anyway, this is the team I think will play.

..................Johnstone......................

....Bree....Chester...Terry...Taylor.....

.............Jedinak...Onomah.................
..................Hourihane.............
.........Adomah............Green..........
......................Davis........................

Subs: Steer, Samba, De laet, Whelan, Lansbury, Snodgrass, Hogan

I think with Elmo traveling to Africa this week, and Snoddy only having one training session with the lads, Bruce might feel inclined to start Albert? If not then he'll play Elmo today and probably Snoddy on Tuesday. It's crazy though because from this squad we'd be leaving out Thor, Mccormack, Elphick, O'Hare, Elmo from the eighteen man squad  The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 226846862 .

But anyway I dunno why but I've felt extremely confident about this game all week tbh. I'm really hoping this will be the start of a big run for us and I think we might make a statement today. COME ON VILLA!!!  Scarf Waving
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread Empty Re: The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:07 am

Cheers AT I did put a call out to Dazzle as he has our best thread starting record of late, but he's obviously content to keep dining out on past glories!
Yeah I like that team and as long as Hutton is nowhere near it there's always a chance well actually do alright down the right hand side.

Bit gutted I couldn't make this game as I coached Ollie Watkins so would have liked to have seen how he's doing in the flesh, tbh I was hoping Villa would buy him but at present with the players we have probably not the right time for either party.
3-1 to Villa for me and hopefully the start of 'Super September" that gets us up the table and pushing for top 6.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread Empty Re: The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread

Post by Boldfinger Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:51 am

I'm 100% sure we will smash them.
I'm going for another nice 4-1 victory.
They are not what they were and neither are we. We are on our way up and they will be relegated.
Boldfinger

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:20 pm

De Kuip wrote:Cheers AT I did put a call out to Dazzle as he has our best thread starting record of late, but he's obviously content to keep dining out on past glories!
Yeah I like that team and as long as Hutton is nowhere near it there's always a chance well actually do alright down the right hand side.

Bit gutted I couldn't make this game as I coached Ollie Watkins so would have liked to have seen how he's doing in the flesh, tbh I was hoping Villa would buy him but at present with the players we have probably not the right time for either party.
3-1 to Villa for me and hopefully the start of 'Super September" that gets us up the table and pushing for top 6.

Apologies DK, the international break put me to sleep and I lost track of everything!

We'll win 2-1 today.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Team I'd like to see out there at home to Brentford today;

............................Johnstone..............................
Bree............Terry...................Chester............Taylor
Adomah............Onomah.........Hourihane........Green
..........................Hogan..........Davis..............
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Villa win 3-1 for me.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 pm

TEAM SHEET IS IN GUYS.

Johnstone, Bree, Chester, Terry (c), Taylor, Whelan, Onomah, Hourihane, Elmo, Green, Davis

Subs: Steer, Thor, Jedinak, Snodgrass, Agbonlahor, Hogan, Lansbury

So basically it's the same team we played against Norwich.

....................Johnstone..................

......Bree...Chester...Terry...Taylor.........

................Whelan..Onomah.........
......................Hourihane................
..............Elmo................Green.........
.........................Davis.........................

I don't like the fact that he's left the bench so devoid of defensive players tbh. It almost seems like he just has to have Gabby on the bench at all cost. Elmo ahead of Adomah all the time is also concerning but Snoddy should get the nod in that position by next Tuesday so I'm not that bothered. All in all it's a decent team and Jimmy is back on Tuesday too so happy days. One stat to remember is this side has FOUR players who are twenty and under!!..it's incredible when you think about it.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Leeds, Middlesbrough and Wolves all winning, need to do something ourselves,we can't afford to fall further behind.
deadbuzzardalive

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Well apparently we started well but it's all a bit turgid right now. I know the other rivals are winning, but tbf we're playing tougher opposition than Wolves, Boro and Leeds today.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:48 pm

By all accounts we're playing dreadfully yet again, against a team second from bottom, who've just sold a bunch of their best players. With Bruce in charge we're going nowhere fast, why this hasn't been addressed by the club already, I've no idea.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:By all accounts we're playing dreadfully yet again, against a team second from bottom, who've just sold a bunch of their best players. With Bruce in charge we're going nowhere fast, why this hasn't been addressed by the club already, I've no idea.

Yep, it's been very poor again. Hopefully, we can nick it in the second half, but no doubt if we don't win today then surely something has to give?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:59 pm

The way Wyness has talked up Bruce recently I don't think anything will happen even if we lose today. There will always be an excuse.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Whelan is absolutely awful. Why on earth isn't he subbed off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Terry is shite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:27 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The way Wyness has talked up Bruce recently I don't think anything will happen even if we lose today. There will always be an excuse.

I think he can afford to talk up Bruce because the decision will come from above.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Outplayed by Brentford at home. Sack him now.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Ok so not at the game as currently getting leathered at exeter chiefs but according to stats brentford have had 17 shots 5 on target weve had none on target....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Not a single shot on target, according to flash scores stats?
If thats true, its pathetic.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:45 pm

That ball trapping by Chester haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Useless. 1 shot on target by Chester and thank McGrath Johnson was on song
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:The way Wyness has talked up Bruce recently I don't think anything will happen even if we lose today. There will always be an excuse.

I think he can afford to talk up Bruce because the decision will come from above.

People have been saying that for a while now, but Xia doesn't act. The excuse this time will be, that we can't sack him now, because there's a game on Tuesday. He won't be sacked, and we're sleepwalking into oblivion.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 pm

How anyone can not want Bruce replaced is beyond me. I only watched the last 45 minutes, but it's some of the worst football I've ever seen us play in 30 years.

I could probably write 10 pages about what we do wrong, but I'll stick with a few key points.

1) There is no urgency and pace to our game. Teams we meet, even shit ones like Brentford, are able to turn up the pace and create. We simply can't do it. We fumble about, spend eons on moving up the pitch, makes it piss easy to defend. We then pass the ball backwards and repeat. Just fucking awful. Woeful. I'm speechless really. These guys make millions and I reckon a Norwegian amateur side could teach them stuff.

2) Steve Bruce doesn't really have any idea what he wants his respective players to do. There's no plan. No tactic. No collective movement. He just fields a line-up and subs on as many big name players he can without having a fucking clue how it's supposed to work.

3) We still are not doing the basics right on set pieces, throw ins and marking players. This is coaching stuff, but it's not improving. If anything it's gotten worse this season.

Whelan was disappointing again. He had a few decent involvements in the end, but he keeps losing possession and miss place passes. I'd honestly replace him with a creative player of any sort. Considering how much we pass backwards and how slow we are in the build up, a DMC is pointless. Liability truth be told.

Johnstone did well.

Time to get rid. He had his chance. He has no clue and is dragging us down. There's no improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:07 pm

It say's it all when your best player so far this season is Johnstone, been my MOTM several times.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:10 pm

That Norwich result was probably the opposite to a blessing in disguise.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:10 pm

I've seen enough. Having watched Derby last night and comparing Villa today ............ BRUCE AND THE REST OF THE USELESS COACHING TEAM OUT! (While we still have anything left of the fast fading chance to get to the play-offs).
Who is the bloke that Xia has been following on Twitter again (Spanish, Lower League)?
big ming

The MIGHTY villa vs Brentford match thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum