The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are we going to win this game or be massively pissed off?

59% 59% 
[ 13 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by NARLA24 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Right, starting this very early so we can have plenty of discussion about what our starting line up, expectations are for this game.
New signings flooding through the door by the hour. Dr Tony doing more complicated maths equations than Einstein, Steve Round and his team seemingly working 24 hrs a day and Steve Bruce with a smile on his face.
We have not seen our club so apparently content for years. But, the thing is, will this contentment turn into 3 point results? That my friends is the big question.
Surely we have the best midfield in the Championship. The best defence and possibly the best striking force. Can Gabby start scoring again with a decent midfield behind him? I bloody hope so.
Kodjia is back for this game and will surely be roaring to go again. The new players will be eager to make an instant impression to the masses of Claret and Blue faithfull travelling down to Brentford.
So, thread open for discussion and possible team selection opinions.
Maybe we could have a new striker on board before the weekend to partner Kodjia. Thoughts and opinions all here.
UTV Guys and Girls.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Re: Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by mefromhere on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Both the midfielders have said they want to play a box to box role so lets see it:

Johnstone
Bree Chester Baker Amavi
Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Thor
Kodjia Gabby

(I just think in a team where he isn't completely responsible and on the basis of his work-rate last game he is worthy of another shot and he can work the channels effectively enough to free up Kodjia. I also know that won't be popular!)

Or, in the style of Dr T:

?? 12 2 23
37 5 ?? ??
23 11
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by Villa_Dan on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Emphatic win. Goals from Kodjia and Lansbury
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:09 pm

@mefromhere wrote:Both the midfielders have said they want to play a box to box role so lets see it:

Johnstone
Bree Chester Baker Amavi
Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Thor
Kodjia Gabby

(I just think in a team where he isn't completely responsible and on the basis of his work-rate last game he is worthy of another shot and he can work the channels effectively enough to free up Kodjia. I also know that won't be popular!)

Or, in the style of Dr T:

?? 12 2 23
37 5 ?? ??
23 11
Replace gabby with a n other and that team is awesome (providing the right AMAVI turns up)
Kodja scores 100% villa kick ass100%
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:12 pm

The euphoria of all the new signings will get to everyone, a good solid win is on the cards, bring it on. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Jesus Christ, this is a proper match thread.

I'm 50%+75%+155%+220% and 189 thousand and a 312 23 convinced we will break the world scoring record, Brentford to score 6 own goals and we get the other 48.............. ffs dekuip, fecking msg bollox, every body on the ground scores but gabby, the fat kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!

Who voted for number 4, ffs, report to me immediately.
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 am

Hourihane brace and Kodjia/Thor one a piece!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:34 am

I'm sitting on the fence (gate?) on this one. I'll go for a creditable draw but really I can't call it.

You'd hope that our new signings plus the return of Kodjia would be enough but I'm scarred with 6 years of abysmal failure.
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:17 am

Villa win 3-1 with goals from Kodjia, Lansbury, and.............Agbonlahor! I'm going for the full on fairy tale. Gabby comes on in the latter stages and smashes one in off of his arse. We go on fifteen game win streak, playoff place sorted.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Let's not forget this is 21st century Aston Villa and nothing goes right.

Sadly I can see an absolute explosion of rage after we fail to perform yet again.
New owner.
New Boss again.
New coaching staff again.
New players to replace the other new players.
Same shit.

If we do convincingly win then I'll have hope that we've finally turned a corner. But then I thought that for 45 minutes last game.

/miserable_arsehole

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:52 pm

@Trotters wrote:Let's not forget this is 21st century Aston Villa and nothing goes right.

Sadly I can see an absolute explosion of rage after we fail to perform yet again.
New owner.
New Boss again.
Same shit.

If we do convincingly win then I'll have hope that we've finally turned a corner. But then I thought that for 45 minutes last game.

/miserable_arsehole

GET OUT! Banned!!!!
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:23 pm

@4BetLite wrote:
@Trotters wrote:Let's not forget this is 21st century Aston Villa and nothing goes right.

New owner.
New Boss again.
Same shit.

/miserable_arsehole

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH lol!

GET OUT! Banned!!!!
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:32 pm

I think we're gonna win. Don't think any of the options are quite right.

Think it's gonna be a narrow win where we look to be playing to 10% of our potential.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 pm

@4BetLite wrote:

New owner.
New Boss again.
Same shit.

/miserable_arsehole

GET OUT! Banned!!!!

Bye
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by debandit on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:57 am

I'm looking forward to this game, having seen Thor play a lot for basel I'm hoping he brings his basel form with him.

I'm saying 3v1 win

Hopefully Lansbury will be a bit more fitter

Conor should be match fit anyway

Thor as basel are on winter break should have had a nice rest

debandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:59 am

Just realized. This is tonight isn't it? Dancing Banana
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:52 am

@Joppe84 wrote:Just realized. This is tonight isn't it? Dancing Banana

Yes, is it on the telly?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:07 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:

Yes, is it on the telly?
Yeah on sky mate.
I got the day off work. Gonna go for a pub lunch then watch the match then the final hour of transfer window, actually thinking about it I should probably book tomorrow off work! Scarf Waving
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:55 am

@Boldfinger wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:

Yes, is it on the telly?
Yeah on sky mate.
I got the day off work. Gonna go for a pub lunch then watch the match then the final hour of transfer window, actually thinking about it I should probably book tomorrow off work! Scarf Waving

Brilliant stuff, thanks!

A late night for me then and the Doha supporters club!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:15 am

I think it's on here in Brisbane at the crack of sparrow so an early night for me and no morning-wank.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:20 am

@Trotters wrote:I think it's on here in Brisbane at the crack of sparrow so an early night for me and no morning-wank.
lol!
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 am

What time is KO? I'm completely lost without the countdown clock.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 am

Johnstone, Bree, Chester, baker, amavi, lansbury, hourihane, adomah, grealish, bjarnasson, agbonlahor. I reckon. Maybe Hutton instead of Bree if Bruce wants to ease him in.if gabby can run the channels and draw defenders out we actually have a goal threat from midfield. Can't believe I've actually said that

Maybe green instead of grealsh with Birkir in the middle.

Forgot about kodjia too. Anyone know when he got back?

Last edited by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I forgot about green)

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 am

If jimmy danger starts, we will screwfuck them....... 4-0
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 pm

Gabby has torn a leg muscle. Could be out for a while.

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum