The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm

We need to win the next three games I think, and see where that takes us. It's no good keep going on short winning runs and then going on a run of disappointing results, all that will result in is us treading water in the play-offs. This four match unbeaten run needs to turn into a ten match unbeaten run.
deadbuzzardalive

Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 am

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I still don't think we will get promoted, but if we do, I hope we sign Sam Johnstone. I don't care about Snodgrass (in fact I think he's a bit crap), but Johnstone has shown himself to be utter class.

I really like Snodgrass. I didn't think I would but he's worked out really well for us and with our new-look attack he's going to get better and benefit from a decent attacking coach. Not sure we should sign him if given the chance (let's face it, we're doing the job for West Ham we're not doing for Spurs with Onomah and they're probably recall him anyway) but Johnstone is a definite yes. A complete no-brainer.

He's been very good so far in 2018. He has a fantastic left peg. But personally I think he's too slow, like ridiculously slow, and for this alone he will never be a PL level footballer. Secondly, he insists for some reason to play right winger, despite not being able to cross with anything but his left foot. When defenders realise they can just double up on the inside, he will never get anything done, as he isn't able of cutting outside or crossing with his right foot.

Good player in the championship. PL player? Not in my opinion. But I've always thought Johnstone might be good enough for a PL career.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 am

Joppe84 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I still don't think we will get promoted, but if we do, I hope we sign Sam Johnstone. I don't care about Snodgrass (in fact I think he's a bit crap), but Johnstone has shown himself to be utter class.

I really like Snodgrass. I didn't think I would but he's worked out really well for us and with our new-look attack he's going to get better and benefit from a decent attacking coach. Not sure we should sign him if given the chance (let's face it, we're doing the job for West Ham we're not doing for Spurs with Onomah and they're probably recall him anyway) but Johnstone is a definite yes. A complete no-brainer.

He's been very good so far in 2018. He has a fantastic left peg. But personally I think he's too slow, like ridiculously slow, and for this alone he will never be a PL level footballer. Secondly, he insists for some reason to play right winger, despite not being able to cross with anything but his left foot. When defenders realise they can just double up on the inside, he will never get anything done, as he isn't able of cutting outside or crossing with his right foot.

Good player in the championship. PL player? Not in my opinion. But I've always thought Johnstone might be good enough for a PL career.

Five goals and eight assists so far from Snodgrass. Sure, he's probably not the most prolific right winger in the Championship but moving Adomah to left wing (probably purely by chance on Bruce's part) has worked out well for us - 16 goals and 10 assists from the wings so far. Snodgrass is in joint second place in the Championship assists league behind QPR's Luke Freeman with nine. Plus as much as I don't seem trustworthy quoting statistics, on whoscored.com Snodgrass is in their overall Championship team of the season so far, I quote "only the best performing player for each position is displayed".

I'd like to think that Elmo (four assists) was brought in to compensate for Snodgrass's lack of right foot but I don't know if Bruce is that clever.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 am

Those assists don't impress me slightly even. He takes most of the set pieces, has a good amount of shots that rebounds, is given the option to cross the ball quite often as part of Bruce's hoofball.

But ultimately it's a question whether he is someone worth while signing in the PL, and I'm pretty certain it isn't. Just too slow and one legged. There's a reason why he's down here in this league playing Burton and not up with the copy cats playing arsenal.

At least Bruce's hoofball has included good crossing lately, which is more than we've been accustomed to so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm

LOL er in Snodgrass's last season in the prem he got seven goals and five assists combined for Hull and West Ham. And some folks don't think he's good enough for the premiership? Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 498107619
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm

I have been majorly impressed with him, fair enough his first couple of games you could tell he needed them but now he has ability and a great work ethic, he is up and down the pitch all game.
He is one of the players like jack and uncle Albert who run at players and commit them that it turn makes space for others which in turn leads to goals.
I'm glad that all this running up the wing then pass back and back then to the keeper seems to have stopped.
Boldfinger

Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:14 pm

I can't for my life understand that anyone would identify what Snodgrass does as running. Slowest winger I've seen without a doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I can't for my life understand that anyone would identify what Snodgrass does as running. Slowest winger I've seen without a doubt.
Have you watched any games live where you can see the whole picture not just a segment ?
And please don't have a hissy fit I'm just asking
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I can't for my life understand that anyone would identify what Snodgrass does as running. Slowest winger I've seen without a doubt.
Have you watched any games live where you can see the whole picture not just a segment ?

I have been watching snoddy over the last few games and he is using all of his footballing know-how to put the opposition under pressure, I do hate it when he checks back to get the ball on his left foot, but on the whole he is doing the business for us.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Boldfinger wrote:

What is really the point of this passive aggressive bullshit post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:

no offence meant - I wasn't sure if you got to watch games in the stadium ( are you in Oslo) where you can see people run off the ball and also cover people's runs. Snodgrass does cover a lot of ground.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:00 am

Don't forget Snodgrass would probably cost between £7- 10M thats bargain basement for premiership players. Should we get promoted it would represent a solid if unspectacular signing - he knows the players, knows the system, so I think getting him in would be a good move.

Play off final date ? 26/05/ ........a good day for us historically.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Boldfinger wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:

no offence meant - I wasn't sure if you got to watch games in the stadium ( are you in Oslo) where you can see people run off the ball and also cover people's runs.  Snodgrass does cover a lot of ground.

Oh I agree. He works hard, is clever and experienced, but I was just joking in the sense that people call it running. He's that slow! No worries, I should have realized my sarcasm rarely works online unless I add smileys.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:11 pm

My only concern with signing Snodgrass would be his age, as he'll be 31 this September, and West Ham will most probably want £12m plus for him. Whether or not we do sign him will be a nice problem to have if we get promoted, a long way to go, and some tough games coming up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Hoping for Barnsley, Ipswich and QPR wins today, unfortunately the exact opposite is more likely to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Yeah it's been a sh/t day where results are concerned. Not totally surprised Wolves won but Bristol winning after going down to ten men after half and hour? QPR really were a disgrace today. And then we had Fulham play the whole of the second half against ten men and of course, scored two goals in stoppage time to win. Not great but remember who we are chasing guys. We're chasing Derby and Cardiff and neither of those two played today. Both Derby and Cardiff have a very tough March coming up, so if we don't overtake them by then the least we need to do is stay within six points of those sides. Fulham still worry me because they keep getting lucky, and they have another two easy games before we play them aswell. Oh well, I guess it will be up to us to stop that run then.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:

I have been watching snoddy over the last few games and he is using all of his footballing know-how to put the opposition under pressure, I do hate it when he checks back to get the ball on his left foot, but on the whole he is doing the business for us.

Totally agree and that is why he always looks for the ball to feet as he isn't going to try and beat the defender for pace as he won't cross the ball with his right.
That is why Adomah is just so much better as he mixes it up so well the defender doesn't know what he is going to do whereas you know exactly what Snodgrass will do.
However his ball control and delivery with his left foot is really good, if he had any pace as well he would still be in the premiership.

achilles
achilles

Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm

We could be in second place after Tuesday, but it's a big ask, we'd need to win by a couple of goals and hope that Millwall do the same. Sheffield United have only lost once in the last five games, but we need to go there and get a win. I really want us to overtake Cardiff, we've been behind them for too long now.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Next six games are home ties against Burton, birmingham and Preston, and away ties against Sheffield United, Fulham and Wednesday. I think we need to get at least fourteen points from them, do so and there's a good chance we'll be in second place.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 pm

I think we can safely say that Wolves have now won the championship with the signing of Afobe on loan.
A brilliant signing for them, shame it wasn't us but as he played for them before it makes sense.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Bloody hell, I didn't realise that Aleksandar Mitrovic has gone to Fulham on loan, that is another brilliant signing, another I wish we could have got!
Fulham were a big danger before this, even more so after this!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:15 pm

I thought Mitrovic had gone on loan to Anderlecht? Good signing for Fulham though.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Mitrović has scored one goal this season, and he only scored four goals last season, Afobe's record for Bournemouth is better but not brilliant, he's only a good signing if he can rediscover his form from the last time he was in the Championship, Wolves were going up anyway, so it doesn't make that much difference.

I wouldn't have been exactly disappointed with either, especially Afobe, but I wouldn't swap them for Grabban just because of the fact that Grabban's in form, twelve goals in eighteen games for Sunderland is an amazing return.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Nobody has won anything yet, and getting Afobe on loan guarantees nothing except a higher wage bill. Ditto ourselves with Grabban. Only if either of these players hits the ground running can we start talking success or winning titles, until they start rattling the goals in they are just another player. There is still plenty of time for Wolves to have a stutter, an injury or two can cause nervousness to anyone.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Spot on Dazzle, its in our hands keep winning (Or drawing if we must) and put the pressure on the rest & see if they can take it, aim for the top is my motto from now on. Promotion discussion thread - Page 9 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next