The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Manager - I want names

+21
villajk
rogermuffin69
avfc forever
Army villain
gaffer85
KH**
ember
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
Jae1411
Fpuppys
Dazzle
AstonThriller
smetro
LVBrit
big ming
mefromhere
VTID85
Trotters
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
25 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Manager - I want names

Post by gaffer85 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:17 pm

I would have allardyce only because he would actually do what Bruce is supposed to do but I agree we need a complete restructuring I still like the idea of dean Smith plays good football and what's in my opinion a very big plus he is villa man
I think we need another little or Gregory type manager some one who is as hurt as we are at the minute
gaffer85
gaffer85

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Hopefully Round and Wyness have something lined up, although if I was Xia, I'd be having doubts about them at the moment.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Hopefully Round and Wyness have something lined up, although if I was Xia, I'd be having doubts about them at the moment.

Certainly Round - just looks like a bullshiter
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Kicker is that we need a football man. A coach. It's clear our last managers haven't had a clue when it came to coaching. And no more hoofball shite please

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:53 pm

smetro wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Hopefully Round and Wyness have something lined up, although if I was Xia, I'd be having doubts about them at the moment.

Whoever is responsible for appointing Di Matteo and Bruce, and then not replacing Bruce in the summer has a lot to answer for, our recruitment policy on players doesn't look great either. in fact if I was Xia i think I'd be hiring an independent think tank to choose the next manager.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
smetro wrote:

Whoever is responsible for appointing  Di Matteo and Bruce, and then not replacing Bruce in the summer has a lot to answer for, our recruitment policy on players doesn't look great either. in fact if I was Xia i think I'd be hiring an independent think tank to choose the next manager.

Why not couldn't be any worse than we have now
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:09 pm

If I was in Xia position I would be looking at removing Bruce, Wyness Round, reason is he paid them to turn Aston villa around, they have failed, need a new team in, It's the only way , the dead wood on this team should have been moved on, which is another big mistake. Another rant.
Army villain
Army villain

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:18 pm

smetro wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:If that was the case we wouldn't have signed any players this summer.

I don't think so - it could be cash flow  - so when we started selling season tickets, shirts, players, staff were paid - but if true it shows we are close to the wire.

I thought part of the FA approval of sale included checking the prospective buyer has sufficient funds to run the club for at least 3yrs from the point of sale? I may have completely imagined this, but it feels like something I read somewhere.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 pm

I am really stuck with this. There is not a single manager, at least not one who would come here, that i see being able to get us promotion this season. There is no point naming any of the ones who might be able as they would not manage a bottom 6 Championship team.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 am

Like others, I also question Wyness and Round. With Wyness the sales he's managed to get out of the club have been pretty good, but I just think he's as much of a dinosaur as potato head tbh. This whole "build three teams" plan just looks ridiculous to me. Why not build a philosophy that can be long-lasting instead of having to build three teams?

Then we have Round, who had no experience of being a director of football before he came to the club. So is it any wonder we're struggling? Most directors of football have contacts around the world and a whole network where scouts are concerned. But I don't believe he had that.

It is also utterly stupid to implement a "villa way" when you have a manager like Steve Bruce at the top. We need a quality, forward thinking coach in place for the first team first and then let that style filter through the club. To me, that's just common sense.

My first choice is Seedorf and my second choice is Karanka. Both are out of work and available. If we get Seedorf I'd give him the rest of the season to implement his philosophy regardless of results. For me, we need something drastic to happen to this club now if we're ever gonna get back to the promise land.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 am

With Xia's apparent acceptance of the poor showing from last season I did start to have doubts about his ability to own a club? He talked about knowing what to do and stability and I thought it's your money let's give him a chance. However most Villa fans seem to be able to see that Bruce simply isn't capable of handling the pressure and expectations that a club of our size brings. Xia needs to act quickly and the sign of a good business man is not be swayed by emotion and only think what is best for the business! We look like a side who has no confidence in the coaching or management and it needs changing fast otherwise we have another season wasted and it maybe too late already!

Show us how good you are as an owner Tony, stand up and be counted!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm

all the names we could feasibly get don't get me thinking 'hell yeah'

So hope that either someone unexpectedly becomes available - or someone who I think 'FFS not him' actually turns out to be good*.

*How good do you need to be ? - Owen Coyle, Roy Keane, Mick Mccarthy have all had promotions from this division
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Nigel Pearson is available...but I'm pretty sure Wyness and Round will advise Xia not to employ him, did he not have an interview at the club before we appointed Bruce?
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:39 am

If the inevitable happens then I would like us to go for the Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic if we could get him I rate him.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Dean Smith please.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:32 pm

I see people calling for Dean Smith, but personally, I'm sick of British managers now. Smith is no "Arsen Wenger" type who went into Brentford and installed a philosophy. The way Brentford play today is how they were playing under Mark Warborton a few years ago and that style is what the owners demand from the team. They even installed the coaches around him aswell.

I still maintain that Karanka would be a safe choice but Seedorf would be a revolutionary one. Karanka has his faults, but at least the man has a philosophy which has been very successful in this division and he's a modern day coach too. Whilst Seedorf would probably seek to transform the clubs who style for the better and we'd have to be patient with him. I pray something happens soon because it just looks like we're going backwards under Bruce now and he has no clue how to turn it around.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:34 pm

It will pardew, moyes or another overseas unknown ala remi garde..
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:41 pm

I think it's almost a given that Wyness will go British, or if not a foreign manager who has plenty of experience of managing in England. Trouble is at the moment we seem to be locked in a pattern where Bruce does poorly, he then wins a game and they hold off sacking him hoping it's the beginning of an improvement, but things don't improve and the cycle just keeps continuing, I suspect we'll scrape a win against Barnsley that will save him yet again.

club need to act now to stop that cycle, and just accept that Bruce isn't the manager for us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by rogermuffin69 Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi all long reader first time caller!
Oscar Garcia if hes still free, hes the guy who set up Brighton, or marco silva, who xia was impressed with after the pre season friendly.

This shit can't continue! We should be top 2 all season. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get playoffs
rogermuffin69
rogermuffin69

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 am

surley we can't appoint smith - Brentford are lower than us in the table !

I think it will be pardew.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 am

smetro wrote:surley we can't appoint smith - Brentford are lower than us in the table !

I agree @smetro Pardew is probably the only realistic 'safe' replacement for Bruce ATM. I think Wyness and Round will always go safe!

To get a more long term prospect Wyness and Round would need to go. As they have been instrumental in the last 12 months of chaos?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 am

Glen Hoddle
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:48 am

smetro wrote:surley we can't appoint smith - Brentford are lower than us in the table !

Pardew, I'm good for 10 games. - no thanks.

But then again he's better than Bruce. So maybe. Lol.

How low can we go
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:04 am

rogermuffin69 wrote:Hi all long reader first time caller!
Oscar Garcia if hes still free, hes the guy who set up Brighton, or marco silva, who xia was impressed with after the pre season friendly.

This shit can't continue! We should be top 2 all season. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get playoffs

Hi mate welcome to the forum as a poster good to see you take the plunge.

Not sure what Garcia is doing currently tbh but that's not a bad shout.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:33 pm

It's difficult to debate this some what objectively as people are annoyed , frustrated and a bit speechless how nobody can turn this club around (and tbh I'm not sure if you're taking the piss). BUT I think your comment is some what flawed.

Graham Taylor
Jozef Vengloš
Ron Atkinson
Brian Little
John Gregory
Graham Taylor
David O'Leary
Martin O'Neill
Gérard Houllier
Alex McLeish
Paul Lambert
Tim Sherwood
Rémi Garde
Roberto Di Matteo
Steve Bruce

That's a list of the managers I pretty much can remember or relate to in some way. If you pick out 3 pretty decent managers for us in JG, Little and Big Ron, they came from Northampton, Leicester and Wednesday.

The notion you can't find great managers below you in the table is wrong. In fact I'd argue that's exactly what we got to do. Ferguson's last club before Man Utd was Aberdeen iirc. I know this is a pretty lame example to pull, but for the sake of it, it had to be said.

I honestly think we won't find another manager that can build something if we aren't prepared to gamble on someone relatively unknown coming through and showing promise. Picking the same shit everyone else have done gets you no where, unless the foundations in the club are rock solid, and in our case the foundations are built on quick clay.

I just hope we don't make the mistake of hiring a manager and not getting him the preferred backroom staff again. I don't think it's underlined often enough how important this is.

Dean Smith seems like a very rational choice to me for several reasons. Writing him off because he's English is ridiculous.

1) As far as I know he's local. He knows the expectations. He more than most understands the fans, the expectations, the community (maybe a weird word). I doubt he'd say as many stupid things as we've heard the last 5 years.
2) He's made the grades. He's gone from being a youth coach to assistant manager to manager. He's come through the division.
3) There will be less expectations on him, most likely. Which for this club is a good thing I reckon.
4) He's done really well with Brentford and Walsall.
5) And he's a Villa fan, so no more of this talk where the manager talks down the Villa job. It's a a shite argument, but nevertheless means something to me.

I can probably add more, but point is that writing him off cause he comes from a smaller club, below us in the table (at the moment). Because he's English. Well it's all weird reasons to me. He could very well be the manager that manages to create some cohesion at this club.

I'd personally want Smith more than Jokanovic, Karanka or Pardew. Largely because he would be signed because he is an actual coach, and not because he is a famous ex-footballer or manager. Too many people are given jobs based upon a CV that's without impressive feats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next