The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Manager - I want names

+21
villajk
rogermuffin69
avfc forever
Army villain
gaffer85
KH**
ember
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
Jae1411
Fpuppys
Dazzle
AstonThriller
smetro
LVBrit
big ming
mefromhere
VTID85
Trotters
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
25 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Manager - I want names

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:24 pm

This is Clarence Seedorf's football philosophy folks...

Seedorf: "I have been fortunate to work with many great coaches and also in different countries and I have taken a bit from all of them - Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Brazilian football.

"I want a mix of all of that in my team - the good possession and organised football of Dutch school and the attacking mentality of the Spanish. The Italians know how to defend in a very organised way and play for the result, and there is the freedom to express players' talent you have in Brazilian football.

"I saw it happen in a few matches when I was at Milan and now I would like to create it on a more consistent basis - attacking football but with a good organised defensive system.

"The most important thing for me is to value the players, and try to improve them individually in order to improve the team.

"Every player can still grow - there is no limit to that, even when I was 38 I improved myself in certain things and that is what I will always do with my players to help them get the best out of themselves."
HERE is the interview in full. And my McGrath doesn't that wet the appetite? Could you imagine a manager with that sort of style at the Villa? And the crazy thing is we could get this guy tomorrow if the board get's rid of the chancer that is Bruce.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm

VTID85 wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:How about the ex Southampton manager Claude Puel (had to google his name) sacked after one season for Pellegrino but managed to take Southampton to eigth place in the PL, or anyone of 30% of Villa fans in the Holte end, Sorry @smetro just to many names to list.
Ahem. See my post on another thread. CP would be spot on.

Nope, just knew he was a free agent after Southampton sacked him for Pellegrino, couldn't remember his name so had to google it.
Guessing between the lines here but Xia will probably get rid of Bruce and ask Terry to player manage the team Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 1401410211

Don't managers have to get badges or qualifications/certification or whathaveyou? Has Terry actually got the requisite rubber stamps?

I believe they do now days but not in the past, JT has been working on his coaching badges and has openly said that his main aim was football management http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-calls-fa-fast-9761423
and....https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2814083/chelsea-legend-john-terry-coaching-notes-instagram/

As I said "reading between the lines" guess were just a rung in his ladder, who knows.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

It has crossed my mind that they might give Terry the job, and ask Steve Clarke back to be his assistant.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Fpuppys wrote:
VTID85 wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:How about the ex Southampton manager Claude Puel (had to google his name) sacked after one season for Pellegrino but managed to take Southampton to eigth place in the PL, or anyone of 30% of Villa fans in the Holte end, Sorry @smetro just to many names to list.
Ahem. See my post on another thread. CP would be spot on.

Nope, just knew he was a free agent after Southampton sacked him for Pellegrino, couldn't remember his name so had to google it.
Guessing between the lines here but Xia will probably get rid of Bruce and ask Terry to player manage the team Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 1401410211

Don't managers have to get badges or qualifications/certification or whathaveyou? Has Terry actually got the requisite rubber stamps?

I believe they do now days but not in the past, JT has been working on his coaching badges and has openly said that his main aim was football management http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-calls-fa-fast-9761423
and....https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2814083/chelsea-legend-john-terry-coaching-notes-instagram/

As I said "reading between the lines" guess were just a rung in his ladder, who knows.

Thank you, I appreciate the info.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:23 pm

There's an alarming number of people on twitter who seem to want Sherwood back, also seeing a few suggestions for bringing O'Neill back, we really need to move on, not just from previous names, but from their type too.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It has crossed my mind that they might give Terry the job, and ask Steve Clarke back to be his assistant.

I honestly think I would return my shirt and quit on Villa if they gave the job to Terry.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 am

It wouldn't surprise me if he was involved, either as manager himself or the understudy to a more experienced coach, it's his long-term ambition, he'll know the squad now, and the players, so they might see giving him some sort of role on the coaching side, as keeping a bit of stability and continuity to the situation, and he seems to have Xia's ear.

Going by realistic candidates in terms of who we can attract, and who the club would likely go for then, I think our best bet would be Jokanović, if at all possible.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm

I can see the following happening.

Job is given to JT on a caretaker basis - if he does well he gets a 1 year rolling contract.

If he does average - we keep him in situ until a proven manager becomes unemployed likely OCT/NOV

If he does shit we appoint Pardew
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if he was involved, either as manager himself or the understudy to a more experienced coach, it's his long-term ambition, he'll know the squad now, and the players, so they might see giving him some sort of role on the coaching side, as keeping a bit of stability and continuity to the situation, and he seems to have Xia's ear.

Going by realistic candidates in terms of who we can attract, and who the club would likely go for then, I think our best bet would be Jokanović, if at all possible.

London Club
Sound finances
Missed out by a whisker last year

I think he is the best option - but it would be an almighty effort to land him - and theres a good chance he wouldn't be interested anyway...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:23 pm

I think the biggest obstacle to us getting Jokanović, would probably be FFP, I've read some suggestions that it would cost £5m, although we have just sold Bacuna for £3m, so that might help.

IF Jokanović is confident enough to back himself to get us promoted, then I don't think he'd have to worry about finances too much, in fact if we were to be promoted with him, I think he'd be backed a lot more here in the Premier league than he would if promoted with Fulham, Wyness only said the other week that if we go up, we'd be able to match Everton's spending this summer ('if needed').

I think as a club, we're probably just about the most attractive proposition for a manager in the whole division.

All that said I'm still expecting that we'll end up with someone like Moyes, Pardew or Karanka.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by KH** Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:38 pm

I just hope that, if Bruce does get the push soon we don't stick with the criteria of having experience in the English leagues for the new manager.

We shouldn't be scared of 'thinking outside of the box' and appointing someone with no prior experience in the league.

I mean, i'm not going to sit here and reel off a load of names that could take over from abroad, because i just don't watch enough foreign football to give an informed opinion.

Looking at possibilities that i know, Jokanovic would probably be the stand out candidate. But overall we need someone who will be willing to try and play an expansive brand of football.

Also people of twitter saying to get Tim Sherwood back, wtf are they thinking?!
KH**
KH**

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think the biggest obstacle to us getting Jokanović, would probably be FFP, I've read some suggestions that it would cost £5m, although we have just sold Bacuna for £3m, so that might help.

IF Jokanović is confident enough to back himself to get us promoted, then I don't think he'd have to worry about finances too much, in fact if we were to be promoted with him, I think he'd be backed a lot more here in the Premier league than he would if promoted with Fulham, Wyness only said the other week that if we go up, we'd be able to match Everton's spending this summer ('if needed').

I think as a club, we're probably just about the most attractive proposition for a manager in the whole division.

All that said I'm still expecting that we'll end up with someone like Moyes, Pardew or Karanka.

You know what, I'd love to believe that - as a dyed in the wool Villa fan, why wouldn't I. But I also wonder if some outsiders to our club - especially those with something to lose if they came to us - actually think we're a poison chalice with fans that turn too quickly? I hate to think we could be seen as such, but we have form, don't we (I mean the basket case that has been Villa, not the fans)?
I don't buy into the fickle fan bollox - considering we're the biggest club in the second city of a major European country, it's a Goddam miracle we haven't fecking well rioted every year for the last ten, given where we should be. No, I don't think we are fickle, but to some outsiders, I can see how we could be seen as such, rather than just desperate for some modicum of success.

I really do wonder if it's a factor as the years of frustration continue.

However - with the squad of players we have, well any manager worth their salt and with an ounce of self confidence ought to be seriously tempted, surely?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:07 pm

During the pre-season games, I told someone close to the board that they would be wise to start drawing up a list of managers/coaches who they feel would work well with the club, because I could see the writing on the wall. Infact, I pointed them to Southampton's well known "manager database" of which they keep a list of managers they feel would work well with their philosophy. So if they need to replace their manager, they know exactly who to target. I just hope the advice was heeded this time.

The fact is we've tried "experience" and it hasn't worked. RDM may have been a "foreign" manager but 99% of his football schooling was in English football. MK Dons, West Brom and Chelsea. The only foreign experience he had was playing abroad and managing in Germany for a season. So, in reality, he wasn't actually a "foreign" manager because his methods had been honed in England.

So since he left now we've got the dinosaur that is Bruce. A choice that was easy to make with no risk involved at all. The club hasn't grasped the concept of actually identifying a style/approach they want the team to adopt, and getting in managers who will stick to that ethos.

We go from one extreme to another, don't we? From Mon to Houllier, then Mccliesh to Lambert etc...it's just ridiculous.

If the club really wants to transform the culture around the place and be brave, then Jokanovic, Seedorf or Gallardo would be the men to get. If they don't want to take a risk, then Karanka would be the safest option imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:55 pm

I think there's a few others of a similar mindset to Gallardo we could go for if we were being brave, Gerardo Martino who's managed the Argentinian national side and Barcelona, for example is only managing Atlanta at the moment; I think there's a bunch out there that come from a class of managers who are very much influenced by Bielsa's approach to the game.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm seeing people suggesting that little shite MON or that absolute wide boy chancer Sherwood should come back, citing various retarded, ill thought reasons.
In their way, both of those fuckers have played a huge part in our demise and there are people twat enough to want them brought back. Words fail me. To think we mock SHA followers for being stupid, inbred mindless mongs, yet we have our own honking out stupidity such as this.

Other suggestions that are not so offensive but are totally unrealistic are Little and Terry. One hasn't even got the necessary qualifications to allow him to do the job - at least officially. The other has the badges but they are so long since fallen into misuse that if he tried to pick them up to show anyone they'd probably crumble to dust.

Last edited by ember on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think there's a few others of a similar mindset to Gallardo we could go for if we were being brave, Gerardo Martino who's managed the Argentinian national side and Barcelona, for example is only managing Atlanta at the moment; I think there's a bunch out there that come from a class of managers who are very much influenced by Bielsa's approach to the game.

Another name to throw in the hat would be the Boca Juniors manager, Schelotto, he speaks clear English and won the title with them not long ago.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm

I must say, the more I look at Karanka's record, the more appealing he becomes. Yes, he has a reputation of being defensive. But when you look at the results he got when he got Boro promoted, he was winning by three and four nil margins and keeping tons of clean sheets. And all this without really having a twenty goal a season striker (Rhodes joined Boro after January).

He's also a training ground "coach" who works with his players. Something we haven't had in ages. And is said to be very detailed tactically aswell. A habit picked up from his time as Mourinho's assistant. Many managers have a stain on their name once they are sacked from one particular place, but Rafa has been sacked six or so times in his career, Monk was sacked from Swansea and look what he did at Leeds? Hughton was sacked from Toon and Norwich but had Brighton absolutely buzzed etc. It's just a matter of what has Karanka learned from his time at Boro and can he get better?

I think Karanka would keep his defensive tendencies but just allow his attacking players more freedom I think. And let's remember, this is a man who has orchestrated cup wins at BOTH Manchester United and Man City, so he's no mug.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm

So it looks like Pardew or Terry for me.

A pal of mine who knows a few senior guys at the baggies reckons villa's finance situation is critical - like administration critical - reckons some members of staff weren't paid over summer due to cash flow problems - would explain a few things for me.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm

If that was the case we wouldn't have signed any players this summer.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Yeah agreed. You dont sign 60 k pw players if you are broke.

My question is rather how we managed to give Bruce a five year contract. I read it somewhere and if that is true the Xia needs his head examined.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If that was the case we wouldn't have signed any players this summer.

I don't think so - it could be cash flow - so when we started selling season tickets, shirts, players, staff were paid - but if true it shows we are close to the wire.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Yeah agreed. You dont sign 60 k pw players if you are broke.

My question is rather how we managed to give Bruce a five year contract. I read it somewhere and if that is true the Xia needs his head examined.

We haven't - he is on a rolling one year
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm

smetro wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Yeah agreed. You dont sign 60 k pw players if you are broke.

We haven't - he is on a rolling one year

Thank fooooooooooooooooook

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm

No thank to any out of work old fashion hoofball UK managers, and that includes Allardyce and Pardew. Do whatever it takes to bring in a top class foreign coach who will teach the team how to play football.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:No thank to any out of work old fashion hoofball UK managers, and that includes Allardyce and Pardew. Do whatever it takes to bring in a top class foreign coach who will teach the team how to play football.

Problem is they won't come. What we will get is an unknown foreign coach who we are told is top class - as per Remi
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next