The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Manager - I want names

+21
villajk
rogermuffin69
avfc forever
Army villain
gaffer85
KH**
ember
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
Jae1411
Fpuppys
Dazzle
AstonThriller
smetro
LVBrit
big ming
mefromhere
VTID85
Trotters
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
25 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 Empty Re: Next Manager - I want names

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm guessing this isn't very reliable but Oscar Garcia linked...

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/09/14/villa-contact-oscar-garcia-replacing-steve-bruce/

Edit: having read the source, it seems highly unlikely considering Garcia hasn't long joined Saint-Étienne.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:38 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm guessing this isn't very reliable but Oscar Garcia linked...

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/09/14/villa-contact-oscar-garcia-replacing-steve-bruce/

Edit: having read the source, it seems highly unlikely considering Garcia hasn't long joined Saint-Étienne.

The original report has come from Spain, so why would they bother if there was nothing in it? Garcia has championship experience so would it really be a surprise if they looked at him? Can't see him coming, but at least the wheels of change may be starting to turn. Furthermore, IF Garcia is the type of head coach they are looking at, then that's very promising.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm just glad we are linked to another manager.

Even with the shitty levels of journalism nowadays it must mean that some rumours have started circulating
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Should be interesting to see the British press tonight. Would love the pressure to be cranked up further with more links to managers so that Bruce will have to answer some tough questions at the press conference tomorrow. Could the club be keeping him in place and actively seeking his replacement? If so then great. It would mean the result on Saturday wouldn't matter whether we win or lose.

And another thing is IF Garcia is the type of guy they are looking at, that means they would be seeking a coach with a philosophy of playing possession football.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:26 pm

SMH...some people just don't have a bloody clue do they? Very Happy

Scott‏

#AVFC if rumour true why are we enquiring about a forighn manager who knows ful all about the championship? Avfc are brain dead

And

Karl Butler‏

With no English experience, let alone championship! Another gamble, let's just start all over again #avfc #noconsistency #noclue

People just run their mouths without any idea what they are talking about.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 am

AstonThriller wrote:Should be interesting to see the British press tonight. Would love the pressure to be cranked up further with more links to managers so that Bruce will have to answer some tough questions at the press conference tomorrow. Could the club be keeping him in place and actively seeking his replacement? If so then great. It would mean the result on Saturday wouldn't matter whether we win or lose.

And another thing is IF Garcia is the type of guy they are looking at, that means they would be seeking a coach with a philosophy of playing possession football.

I actually thinks it cranks the pressure on the board more. They have either got to come out and deny the links and give bruce a vote confidence (which i think they will)  or make sure we change managers PDQ ! (which i'm not convinced they will)
Don't think there is anything in the Oscar Garcia link - he only joined St ETIENNE recently - a few years back he quit watford after a month due to health issues. So easy street and St E or the pressure cooker of the english championship ?  its a non starter IMO.
Interesting name that cropped up on VT - Nathan Jones (Luton) , a young forward thinking, level headed coach - maybe a bit soon for him - but if you want a good outside bet I think he is worth considering.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:19 pm

I think i mentioned Nathan Jones on here a while back and said it was possibly too soon for him but when I think about it what decides whether it's too soon. Some players jump straight in from playing.

However I'm firmly in the bring back the beard camp. I don't see that there's another candidate out there that will combine the respect of the players with the support and adoration of the fans. He will be given more time than anyone else I can't think if
Jae1411

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm

I think Nathan Jones has been gone too long....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Whilst researching potential replacements today, It was interesting to discover that though a lot of folks would love Jokanovic to come here, Karanka's record is pretty much identical to his.

Jokanovic

He got promoted with Watford after finishing in second place. Then at Fulham, he went in when they were in a relegation battle and finished just one point above the relegation zone. Then the season after that he finished in the play-off spots but come up short in the semi-final stage.

Karanka

Went to Boro when they too were struggling at the bottom of the table. He stabilized them and ended up finishing just eight points away from the play-offs. Then he guided them fourth spot a year later and made it to the final where he lost to Norwich. The next year he gained promotion by finished in 2nd place.

Conclusion

So both of them pretty much have identical records in the championship. The only difference is Karanka has premiership experience and is five years younger. Yes, both have very different philosophies. Jokanovic plays an expansive, exciting brand of football. While Karanka is all about defensive organization and counter-attacking excellence. Either way you look at it, both methods have been very effective in the championship.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Whilst researching potential replacements today, It was interesting to discover that though a lot of folks would love Jokanovic to come here, Karanka's record is pretty much identical to his.

Jokanovic

He got promoted with Watford after finishing in second place. Then at Fulham, he went in when they were in a relegation battle and finished just one point above the relegation zone. Then the season after that he finished in the play-off spots but come up short in the semi-final stage.

Karanka

Went to Boro when they too were struggling at the bottom of the table. He stabilized them and ended up finishing just eight points away from the play-offs. Then he guided them fourth spot a year later and made it to the final where he lost to Norwich. The next year he gained promotion by finished in 2nd place.

Conclusion

So both of them pretty much have identical records in the championship. The only difference is Karanka has premiership experience and is five years younger. Yes, both have very different philosophies. Jokanovic plays an expansive, exciting brand of football. While Karanka is all about defensive organization and counter-attacking excellence. Either way you look at it, both methods have been very effective in the championship.
I would give my left testicle for "expansive and exciting" What are these words of which you speak?
big ming

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Maybe we can have redknapp now he's free haha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:55 pm

De Kuip wrote:

It's funny he's gone but the concern now is that they may go after Karanka. Word is he's the favourite with the bookies Crying or Very sad .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Get in a manager that understands footballs can be kept on the grass

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:12 am

AstonThriller wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

It's funny he's gone but the concern now is that they may go after Karanka. Word is he's the favourite with the bookies Crying or Very sad .

He will know exactly what has happened to managers there in the past 12 months. I don't see him wanting to go through that shit?

He should just wait for the Villa job it will be available soon enough!
DelboyVilla

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:49 am

It's hilarious that they've sacked him weeks after him signing 14 players and spending a fortune. Can't see any manager working with the clowns they have in charge
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:38 am

Villa_Dan wrote:It's hilarious that they've sacked him weeks after him signing 14 players and spending a fortune. Can't see any manager working with the clowns they have in charge

They can have Potato Head back!
DelboyVilla

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 am

Just read that Karanka's father died 4 days ago and he's turned down a job since. Press saying he's not looking to take on something new right now.

Might leave Blues looking elsewhere. Lambert is out of work...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7