The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Manager - I want names

+21
villajk
rogermuffin69
avfc forever
Army villain
gaffer85
KH**
ember
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
Jae1411
Fpuppys
Dazzle
AstonThriller
smetro
LVBrit
big ming
mefromhere
VTID85
Trotters
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
25 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Manager - I want names

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce had done the work and got the grades, but look how that's working out, choosing the right manager for the club is rather more complicated than bringing in some who's done it before.

For what it's worth I don't there's any chance whatsoever of Wyness sanctioning a move for someone like Seedorf. Names like Moyes, Karanka, Pearson and Pardew will be top of his list; Jokanović is probably the best we can hope for, in terms of a progressive manager who will get us playing again, trouble is he's unhappy at Fulham because he has no money to spend and we're seemingly in the same position, we'd also have to compensation to get him, if he'd even want to come in the first place.

Xia went against Wyness when Wyness wanted Pearson, so who knows? If Seedorf isn't an option (And i'd hope Round would be wise enough to give the man an interview) then I guess Jokanovic or Paulo Sousa would do. I don't want another British manager tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:23 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce had done the work and got the grades, but look how that's working out, choosing the right manager for the club is rather more complicated than bringing in some who's done it before.

For what it's worth I don't there's any chance whatsoever of Wyness sanctioning a move for someone like Seedorf. Names like Moyes, Karanka, Pearson and Pardew will be top of his list; Jokanović is probably the best we can hope for, in terms of a progressive manager who will get us playing again, trouble is he's unhappy at Fulham because he has no money to spend and we're seemingly in the same position, we'd also have to compensation to get him, if he'd even want to come in the first place.

I'm not sure I'd say Bruce has done the grades. He was offered a pretty big job simply cause he was famous in Sheffield?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:McGrath  please don't get another professional wanker who gets the job cause he's famous. No Sherwood. No Seedorf.

Get in a fucking manager for once. Someone that has done the work and gone the grades so to speak.

"Because he's famous"??? Laughing  Seedorf has already managed AC Milan. Which btw is more managerial experience than Stam had before he rocked up at Reading.

Yes. Sherwood had also managed spurs.

Each to their own, but I'm not keen on Seedorf.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:McGrath  please don't get another professional wanker who gets the job cause he's famous. No Sherwood. No Seedorf.

Get in a fucking manager for once. Someone that has done the work and gone the grades so to speak.

"Because he's famous"??? Laughing  Seedorf has already managed AC Milan. Which btw is more managerial experience than Stam had before he rocked up at Reading.

Yes. Sherwood had also managed spurs.

Each to their own, but I'm not keen on Seedorf.

Well, Seedorf has also managed in China too. So he's at least had two managerial jobs thus far.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:28 pm

think people are overestimating the influence of Steve Round. From what I understand he has zero influence at first team level. An his overall position at the club isn't as senior as the title suggests. He spens much of time researching new areas of coaching, injury management etc - but these reports are advisory.
From what i would understand he would only be nominally involved in any new manager search.
smetro
smetro

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm

If we're thinking outside the box a little the chap at luton seems to be doing a good job. Probably a little early for this kind of job but one to watch for the future.

Seedorf could be a master stroke or a disaster. I genuinely believe the club needs someone who's gonna put a rocket up their arsed. We have too many weak nicy nice men. It really bothers me seeing pictures of players Laughing and joking around after defeats. Managers patting backs and kissing arses all the time. A proper manager needs to be respected and slightly feared as well as loved.
Jae1411

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Fpuppys wrote:How about the ex Southampton manager Claude Puel (had to google his name) sacked after one season for Pellegrino but managed to take Southampton to eigth place in the PL, or anyone of 30% of Villa fans in the Holte end, Sorry @smetro just to many names to list.
Ahem. See my post on another thread. CP would be spot on.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:52 am

I would like to think that whatever time Bruce has left in charge is exactly the same time it takes Xia to find his replacement.

Xia will also know that this is the season we have to go up so he'll need someone who can hit the ground running and work with this group of players. As much as I like the thought of a foreign coach with new ideas, it's counter to the time-critical problem we face.

If Tony wants promotion this season then he'll need an experienced English-league manager.
Trotters
Trotters

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:38 am

Reading this after just getting in from my DJ gig so probably not the best moment to be thinking about it really. Trying to think who out there has the ability to mould a potent team from the mismatch players we appear to have. I can only think of Rafa & big Sam right now but doubt either would come here so am struggling tbh.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 am

I can't imagine BFS coming out of retirement to lead us glory but I would be happy if he accepted as it is clear the guy is capable of hitting targets.

Pardew would be OK as he has good record of promotion and staying in the EPL once there!

Moyes is a no. Damaged goods for sure!

Seedorf is a maybe but whether we offer him a challenge is to be seen?

Paolo Sousa is a worthwhile shout and had a good record with Fiornentina plus he knows the English leagues.

Other less likelys are Puel, Materrazzi and Ranieri maybe too ambitious on our part?

If we are aiming high though what about Touchel from BVB?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 am

Big Sam would be good I reckon.

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 am

DelboyVilla wrote:I can't imagine BFS coming out of retirement to lead us glory but I would be happy if he accepted as it is clear the guy is capable of hitting targets.

Pardew would be OK as he has good record of promotion and staying in the EPL once there!

Paolo Sousa is a worthwhile shout and had a good record with Fiornentina plus he knows the English leagues.

Other less likelys are Puel, Materrazzi and Ranieri maybe too ambitious on our part?

Touchel will replace Wenger eventually, I doubt we'd be anywhere near his sightline sadly.
VTID85

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 am

VTID85 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:I can't imagine BFS coming out of retirement to lead us glory but I would be happy if he accepted as it is clear the guy is capable of hitting targets.

Touchel will replace Wenger eventually, I doubt we'd be anywhere near his sightline sadly.

Well as it looks like it will take a nuke to dislodge AW he could come and get used to English footie with us while waiting?

There is also that Luis Enrique fella? His record is decent? Very Happy
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:14 am

Xia's silence is deafening, isn't it? He was already frustrated after the Hull game so lord only knows what he's feeling now. I think his silence is very telling tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:25 am

Rongtian He Tweeted one word apparently, 'Unacceptable'. Let's hope they see past the Brucie Bullshit and realize there is one major problem and it is not the quality of the squad?

He is Xia right hand man I think?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Rongtian He Tweeted one word apparently, 'Unacceptable'. Let's hope they see past the Brucie Bullshit and realize there is one major problem and it is not the quality of the squad?

He is Xia right hand man I think?

Wow did Ho really tweet that? Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 226846862 Bruce is a dead man walking. That's Xia assistant.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Villa do not not a new Manager. We need a forward thinking, track suited Head Coach who gets involved with training and tactics at Bodymoor Heath on a daily basis. He can start with when and how to press when we don't have the ball and how to pass and move when we do. The next Klopp or Wagner would be fine.
big ming

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:52 pm

big ming wrote: Villa do not not a new Manager. We need a forward thinking, track suited Head Coach who gets involved with training and tactics at Bodymoor Heath on a daily basis. He can start with when and how to press when we don't have the ball and how to pass and move when we do. The next Klopp or Wagner would be fine.

SPOT ON!!. When last did we have a "manager" who spent time on the training field with the players? Lambert? No, Sherwood? No, RDM? No and most certainly not Bruce. Garde did a little himself but also left training to his assistants aswell.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:27 pm

A bit OT but am I the only person who is a little underwhelmed at what Klopp has achieved at the Plop? I thought and expected him to pull up trees but they are still as awful defensively as ever?

Anyway I do agree about a different type of manager? Our squad is decent even without, Koj, Jedi and Jacky boy so we just need someone to pull it all together.

I am not sure who is a tracksuit manager? Just someone decent will do?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Will probably be another out of work old school British manager, I'd like Jokanović but doubt we'll pay the compensation because of FFP, I've seen a few suggestons that it would cost £5M, to get him; another thing with him is that he and Terry were at Chelsea together at one stage, don't know if they got on.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:55 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Will probably be another out of work old school British manager, I'd like Jokanović but doubt we'll pay the compensation because of FFP, I've seen a few suggestons that it would cost £5M, to get him; another thing with him is that he and Terry were at Chelsea together at one stage, don't know if they got on.

This is why Seedorf appeals to me, because he's available right now and his philosophies would certain take this club places. Imo we need to take a risk now. RDM and Bruce were managers with promotion on their records and they've failed massively. Time to do something different now. Marcelo Gallardo is another I'd move heaven and earth to get aswell. Karanka and Galtier are free but I'm put off by their defensive approach tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Well, if there is to be another manager coming in and they intend allowing him to do any transfer business they better not fuck about.

The window closes in less than three weeks and if I was either a member of the Villa executive hierarchy or the proposed new manager, I would want the freedom to do at least a little bit of moving in and out.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:13 pm

I think it's two alternatives.

1) Get in a rescue type of manager. A manager that can come in and get the best out of players right away. Someone that doesn't need a ton of signings. The first that comes to mind is BSA. I reckon he would turn it around in a second. However it's likely a short term option.

2) Get in a manager for the long haul and accept it won't be a promotion this season. Probably need more time and his own signings to get it right.

I honestly don't know which one I prefer. But I've always fancied BSA as a manager. Even if some think he's a outdated or what they call it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:26 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:How about the ex Southampton manager Claude Puel (had to google his name) sacked after one season for Pellegrino but managed to take Southampton to eigth place in the PL, or anyone of 30% of Villa fans in the Holte end, Sorry @smetro just to many names to list.

Nope, just knew he was a free agent after Southampton sacked him for Pellegrino, couldn't remember his name so had to google it.
Guessing between the lines here but Xia will probably get rid of Bruce and ask Terry to player manage the team Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 1401410211
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Fpuppys wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

Nope, just knew he was a free agent after Southampton sacked him for Pellegrino, couldn't remember his name so had to google it.
Guessing between the lines here but Xia will probably get rid of Bruce and ask Terry to player manage the team Next Manager - I want names  - Page 2 1401410211

Don't managers have to get badges or qualifications/certification or whathaveyou? Has Terry actually got the requisite rubber stamps?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next