The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+48
Terry Derry
avfc85
Cha Ching
Army villain
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Villa Ranger
Keyser Soze
Con
avfcjoe
achilles
Wriggle
ember
Wookster
Saunders82
The Utterer
1Elliot
Jae1411
Trotters
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
andrew24561
FoxyAV
ConnorMorgan
gaffer85
Andyh
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
smetro
Barabass
danclare82
Dazzle
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
Gordonsleftboot
4BetLite
mefromhere
avfc forever
edvilla86
jeffvilla
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
VTID85
VillaBill
WendyOz
DaveAV1
CoE82
Morpheus
52 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Saunders82 Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:14 am

mefromhere wrote:No problem at all with Cleverley ... he was never ours.
Some problem with Delph because of his loyalty speech but it comes down to getting promoted and he is exactly the kind of player we need now.

Cleverley, Delph, Lansbury, Tish. That can take us places

I can see your argument BUT we all know these players have no loyalty to a team they think they can do whatever they want to, this just reinforces it, even Cleverly I know he wasn't our player but he just used us & didn't give us that much in return till the last part of the season when as we all know now he was looking for his move. I would love promotion just like all of us but not at this price, and anyway it would interrupt the focus of the fans and thus the players. January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 50815218
Saunders82
Saunders82

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:22 pm

jimbop wrote:
VillaBill wrote:I may be going against the grain here but having watched Lansbury play for Forest in the 2-2 draw earlier in the season, I found him to be a snivelling moaning git of a player, no great skill or productivity, he remanded me of a poor mans Robbie Savage, always in the refs face moaning & groaning. I don't rate GG or Deadwood, I don't see all the fuss about Tish either, but from what I saw, I don't want Lansbury anywhere near Villa Park.
And to top things off, he wears his hair in a bun  January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 1306727784
I don't know if any of you guys know his name, but the best midfielder I have seen this year is the ginger left footed kid who dominated the game when we played Brentford?

you've just based Lansbury on 1 game January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 1327487109

Yes mate, I expected a creative midfielder (which we need) or a box to box midfielder (which we need) not a cheating (see Forest v Newcastle) git of a player who is just a WUM
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:02 pm

I some what agree with you Bill. I think Lansbury is pretty average from what I've seen. He takes 45 shots each game and thus some of them goes in, unfortunately a lot of them ruin the attacking momentum and play all together.

I do think it's an alright signing though. He's undoubtedly better than Gardner or Westwood and we need some mobility and box2box ability, and shots for that matter. He's no great shakes, but he'll do nicely. Especially at £ 3,5 million.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 pm

We need a game-changer. Someone with that much influence on the game that the opposition has to focus on him leaving the other players far more freedom. Like Jonjo Shelvey.

To me, Lansbury (and if I'm calling Rushian Hepburn-Murphy "Audrey", I may as well call Lansbury "Angela") is just an every day run-of-the-mill championship midfielder. Nothing more.
Trotters
Trotters

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:16 pm

32 goals in 145 championship appearances for Forrest. Better than 1 in 5 from midfield is a big improvement on our current crop!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ConnorMorgan Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:21 pm

I personally think Lansbury is a good player my step dad is a forest fan and he raves about him and doesn't want him to leave. Plus he is much better than Westwood and Gardner.
ConnorMorgan

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

If our midfield was any good and had actually contributed in any way we would be challenging the top of the league.
Most of the names mentioned would be a massive improvement on what we have.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:32 pm

At least Lansbury won't hide like most of our current midfield!
achilles
achilles

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:14 am

@Trotters I think to call Lansbury 'a run of the mill Championship midfielder' is not totally accurate as he has in many pundits eyes been one of the best and most consistent performers for a few years now. A bit like McCormack no one has risked taking him to the Premier League and his reputation may have suffered for this?

Please remember he is potentially replacing a midfielder who last game out made 2 passes in 45 minutes? I think everyone agrees that if RDM had not gone striker crazy and actually looked at midfield capabilities then we would be much further up the league now than we currently find ourselves.

Bruce is looking at the strongest midfielders in this league and going for the most cost effective option IMO, a good move as far as I can see?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:46 am

Westwood and Gardner are so bad that I would now prefer to see bacuna in there with jedi, that's how bad they are. Lansbury would be like upgrading from a skoda to a Ferrari, that's how big the gap is. Westwood sold and gardner swap for Lansbury pls. Then find another midfielder even better then Lansbury.

And get a RB !

P.S. if Westwood was paid on piece work, he would owe the club enough that we could get FAB-RE-FUCKIN-GAS
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 am

We need a stato to look at him compared to the average. 
Clearly hes CristCristiano Ronaldo compared to the useluseless cloggers we currently have but is he geuinely good or just decent???
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:31 am

Trotters wrote:We need a stato to look at him compared to the average. 
Clearly hes CristCristiano Ronaldo compared to the useluseless cloggers we currently have but is he geuinely good or just decent???

Decent for this league would be my assessment and a squaddie for the Premier League if we make it?

We need another to go with him though? One of Houriane, McCarthy or at a push Cleverly would fit the bill.

Plus a right back and back up centre half?

Loan a striker? Ings, Wickham, Akpom, Ashley Fletcher, Sanogo, Frazer Campbell or even a cheeky loan of Berahino?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:22 am

Bastian Schweinsteiger came on as a sub for ManU yesterday in the FA Cup, he'd be a cracking player in on loan.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:56 am

FoxyAV wrote:Bastian Schweinsteiger came on as a sub for ManU yesterday in the FA Cup, he'd be a cracking player in on loan.

I think his wages would be January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 1420239857
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:00 am

FoxyAV wrote:Bastian Schweinsteiger came on as a sub for ManU yesterday in the FA Cup, he'd be a cracking player in on loan.

I agree but way out of our league at the moment!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 am

The objective for us in this window is to not only get players that will help us overhaul a seven-point deficit to get into the top six, but to also have the mentality/quality to get us over the line at Wemberly in a game where the pressure on us would be immense. Lansbury has already experienced a promotion with West Ham so he should have the right mentality for the job hopefully.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:15 am

Still want us to sign Matty James. We need battlers.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:28 am

If we somehow do it this season i'll be delighted and shocked.
My focus is on next season however as we are not good enough for promotion yet and a week into the window are no closer in reality (Apart from Johnson of course, fingers crossed on that one)

Still need a RB and two midfielders as it stands to even put us in the race.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 am

We definitely need some players for next Saturday!
I don't want to wait till the end of the month for players as that potentially means another 3 games 'lost'.

Unfortunately what I want and what Villa get are probably poles apart!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Hourihane and Lansbury are the clever and obvious signings. Hopefully Lansbury will be done in time for next weekend, then on to Hourihane. If it were only those two we sign this window we would be greatly improved.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:49 pm

The Utterer wrote:If we somehow do it this season i'll be delighted and shocked.
My focus is on next season however as we are not good enough for promotion yet and a week into the window are no closer in reality (Apart from Johnson of course, fingers crossed on that one)

We've lost only six games which is the second least amount of games behind Brighton. We've also not lost at home to anyone. Yes, there are clear problems with this team but if at the end of the window some of our deficiencies have been addressed, then I see no reason why we couldn't get promoted through the back door.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 19 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:18 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
The Utterer wrote:If we somehow do it this season i'll be delighted and shocked.

We've lost only six games which is the second least amount of games behind Brighton. We've also not lost at home to anyone. Yes, there are clear problems with this team but if at the end of the window some of our deficiencies have been addressed, then I see no reason why we couldn't get promoted through the back door.

We have to improve our away form, which is letting us down but that is pretty obvious.
This window will define our season for sure!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Lansbury's a good player, his six goals and three assists partly illustrate that. But I don't think he's the type to come into a poor midfield and fix it by himself. We need an additional player who can come in and knit things together. Someone like Matty James or Hourihane.

Although, for what it's worth there was a piece on the sun website last night stating that whilst we'd agreed a deal with the current Forest owner, Derby were in advanced talks over Lansbury with the incoming US owners. Doesn't make a great deal of sense though, surely they wouldn't sell to an arch rival, as one of their first acts.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:29 pm

A normal owner - incoming or established - would realise that there's a fundamental issue in selling your players to a club that your fans despise.

However, as we've experienced, American owners have absolutely no clue whatsoever about "British Soccer".

No doubt they'll be informed that getting on the right side of the fans would be a good first step but by the time this point is hammered home to the dumb sugarbags, we could be in the last days of the window.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:52 pm

I would have thought that even if the present owners have agreed to sell to us, and the new owners are in talks with Derby they would have both been talking to each other so if the deal is good from us then they will go with that, as to Lansbury not being strong enough to change our midfield on his own, I don't worry cos Brucie will know this and have others coming in, EVERYONE knows we need a new midfield. I would go as far as to say if we did get a new midfield in then Gardner & Westwood could be OK to put in if needed, they are just not good enough to do it on their own IMO.Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next