The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+48
Terry Derry
avfc85
Cha Ching
Army villain
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Villa Ranger
Keyser Soze
Con
avfcjoe
achilles
Wriggle
ember
Wookster
Saunders82
The Utterer
1Elliot
Jae1411
Trotters
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
andrew24561
FoxyAV
ConnorMorgan
gaffer85
Andyh
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
smetro
Barabass
danclare82
Dazzle
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
Gordonsleftboot
4BetLite
mefromhere
avfc forever
edvilla86
jeffvilla
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
VTID85
VillaBill
WendyOz
DaveAV1
CoE82
Morpheus
52 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Boldfinger Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:15 pm

After his display against Burton I am surprised anyone higher than us would want him. Especially for £25 million
Boldfinger

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Boldfinger wrote:After his display against Burton I am surprised anyone higher than us would want him. Especially for £25 million

Pre-injury, I thought Amavi was a real prospect as an attacking full back but decidedly questionable when it came to the defensive aspects. Post injury, he doesn't seem to have the same drive to get forward as often, he seems much more hesitant about taking opponents on and he is delivering far fewer killer balls in as a result.

Defensively, he is still the curate's egg. He'll do some very good things but to me still has that Huttonesque thing about him where he isn't where he should be or similarly fucks up.

If there really has been a £25m bid, if we were to accept it we'd be mugging somebody off. Not accepting it, we are mugging ourselves off. He's not worth that now and maybe never will be, we could buy away most, if not all, of our midfield problems with £25m.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:18 pm

ember wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:After his display against Burton I am surprised anyone higher than us would want him. Especially for £25 million

Pre-injury, I thought Amavi was a real prospect as an attacking full back but decidedly questionable when it came to the defensive aspects. Post injury, he doesn't seem to have the same drive to get forward as often, he seems much more hesitant about taking opponents on and he is delivering far fewer killer balls in as a result.

Defensively, he is still the curate's egg. He'll do some very good things but to me still has that Huttonesque thing about him where he isn't where he should be or similarly fucks up.

If there really has been a £25m bid, if we were to accept it we'd be mugging somebody off. Not accepting it, we are mugging ourselves off. He's not worth that now and maybe never will be, we could buy away most, if not all, of our midfield problems with £25m.
And be left with cissokho. No thanks. He will be a class act I'm sure of it. If 25m bid HAS been rejected then that is a massive statement from xia and I'm sure our midfield problems will still be sorted sale or no sake. For once it's nice to not sell our best players of which amavi is one of imo
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Alan Nixon saying that we're trying to do a deal for Rhodes...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2483194/middlesbrough-transfer-news-jordan-rhodes-will-cost-aston-villa-12million-if-they-make-swoop/

I'd be surprised if we're interested and even more surprised at £12M.
deadbuzzardalive

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:21 am

Isn't McCormack a better version of Rhodes than Jordan Rhodes? Would be a strange signing. In fact, I'd rather see us play RHM than Rhodes.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:59 am

They're both goal-scorers, but other than that Rhodes and McCormack are completely different kinds of players.

McCormack drops deep and gets involved with play, creates his own chances, and provides a lot of assists. Rhodes is basically just a goal-poacher and nothing else, but in this division very good at what he does.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 am

I'm not interested in signing Rhodes, for what it's worth. Not permanently for £12m, loan maybe.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Kieren Trippier linked, YES PLEASE.
4BetLite
4BetLite

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:05 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:They're both goal-scorers, but other than that Rhodes and McCormack are completely different kinds of players.

McCormack drops deep and gets involved with play, creates his own chances, and provides a lot of assists. Rhodes is basically just a goal-poacher and nothing else, but in this division very good at what he does.

Really? I thought McCormack was more a goalgetter when playing for Fulham for instance, and this is largely why I thought he struggled with us as he's stuck way too deep.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:34 pm

id take £25m for Amavi in a heartbeat. If i am honest I don't believe such an offer is on the table.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Well he is a goal-getter in the sense that he scores lots of goals (historically at least), but his general play isn't really one of a goal-poacher. As I say he drops deep and has a good reading of the game, an intelligent player, illustrated by the fact that in the last two or three seasons he's been one of the players with the most assists in the division.

I think one of the reason's he's struggled for us is that he likes a strike partner who plays through the middle, someone he can play his through-balls too. With us a lot of our strikers are players who like to drift wide. Gestede's the only one who really stays central, and McCormack's looked pretty good when playing with him.

Hopefully his goal and run in the team will be a big help. I still wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being our top scorer.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:07 pm

I honestly don't think Xia would lie about us receiving a £25M bid for Amavi. He hasn't really given us reason to doubt what he says thus far.

He's not worth that much, but then again it's not much of a far fetched figure when you consider the amounts being payed for players at the moment, especially by Premier league clubs.

I mean when we signed him it was considered a coup as he was apparently statistically the second best player behind Ibrahimović in Ligue 1. Since then he's been linked to Liverpool, AC Milan, Lyon and Marseille, I think Man City might have been linked as well.

Besides we're hardly going to sell him for what we bought him for, or for little profit, so teams are probably going to have to bid approaching £20M at the very least. The £25M usually wouldn't be paid in one go, and would also possibly be based on a lot or performance based conditions.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Guardian article on Gestede possibly moving to Middlesrbrough.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/28/middlesbrough-rudy-gestede-aston-villa

Middlesbrough are closing in on the signing of Aston Villa striker Rudy Gestede, with Aitor Karanka’s side expected to pay around £6.5m to secure the Benin international.

Gestede, who scored five times in the Premier League last season, has caught the attention of several Premier League sides despite starting only eight Championship matches for Villa this season. Crystal Palace, West Brom and Newcastle were also interested in signing the former Blackburn striker but it appears Middlesbrough have won the race after convincing the 28-year-old to move to the north east.

Gestede was in the crowd at the Riverside Stadium for Boro’s 3-0 defeat to Liverpool and is expected to sign a three-year contract with the club.

His departure could see Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes head the other way, with Villa manager Steve Bruce interested in signing the player purchased from Blackburn last year.

Newcastle may now turn their attention to Brentford striker Scott Hogan, with Palace and Swansea both prepared to pay £15m to sign the Serbia striker, Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm

We're now being linked with a loan move for Leicester's Matty James. He's a 25 year old box to box midfielder who has played a few seasons in the championship and of course has played in the premiership. Looking at his record he gets assists and has scored a few goals here and there. So he's another name that can be thrown into the hat I guess.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:17 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:48 pm

IF we can get a combined 18-20m for Gestede and Ayew then I'd take it and really look to splash out 30-35m on five new players. We do that then we should be unstoppable during the run-in tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Shangai SIPG are absolutely loaded if they want Ayew, I'd want at least £20M. Only Kodjia has contributed more in terms of goals/assists. And like a lot of our problems it comes down to our poor midfield, improve that and I think Ayew improves too.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:52 pm

For some absolutely bizarre reason I've always fancied Villa having Irish players.

How about Conor Hourihane? Being linked to shite Premier League teams atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:29 am

See we're linked with Matty James. I'd take that. A bit on the short side, but has a bit of nasty in him which we really lack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

Why can't we get RHM to commit? Stick him on the bench tonight and show him what he will be missing if he leaves.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:15 pm

The Telegraph Reporting interest in Rhodes and saying that we don't have a huge budget. I'm still skeptical that we want him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:04 pm

So one performance defines a player's WHOLE career and potential? Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Interesting that the commentary said in the first half that we were considering bringing in Gerrard as player-coach before Calderwood. And now the Major League are having their break, could we do a deal like we did with Keane, I wonder. Not really sure how he is as a player these days though, I would have he might have more attractive offers. Also worth noting that Xia has said that he's going to be in the US this week.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:42 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Interesting that the commentary said in the first half that we were considering bringing in Gerrard as player-coach before Calderwood. And now the Major League are having their break, could we do a deal like we did with Keane, I wonder. Not really sure how he is as a player these days though, I would have he might have more attractive offers. Also worth noting that Xia has said that he's going to be in the US this week.

Gerrard has finished with LA Galaxy and retired from football. Happened a few weeks back.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 pm

If we can get 25m for amavi and 10m for ayew from China I'll drive them there. Myself. Anyone fancy being Co driver
Jae1411

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next