The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+58
jeffvilla
gdale1
avfc85
big ming
Armchair expert
Barabass
nickf21
villan007
chris_jephcott
banneruk
Thinman
4BetLite
VTID85
Cha Ching
Heisenberg
mefromhere
villajk
gaffer85
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
jvilla
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Andyh
rosco77
Dazzle
Synopsis
Nath11
gdav
1Elliot
Peter
NARLA24
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
WendyOz
Fpuppys
avfcjay
Wriggle
smetro
Boldfinger
KMitch
VillaBill
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
The Utterer
DomAVFC
Leafs1201
lukevilla
danclare82
TheVillansOfAston
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfc forever
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
BillytheKid
DelboyVilla
62 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Synopsis Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:07 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Gardner Grealish Hutton Richards Okore Gestede get rid and replace the lot or they will screw up this season no doubt about it, time for RDM Clarke and Dr Xia to see this and realise they are unsaleable and utterly pathetic weak players who are no good for our club, question is will they see this and sort it out,

Worried big time

Can't disagree with that.. I'd throw Baker in there too and Westwood, they should be squad players at most but instead they're given clean slates and get to prove to us all just how shite they are all over again
Synopsis
Synopsis

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Well after the Boro debacle we signed McCormack so come on Tony, fucking get it sorted
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Synopsis wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Gardner Grealish Hutton Richards Okore Gestede get rid and replace the lot or they will screw up this season no doubt about it, time for RDM Clarke and Dr Xia to see this and realise they are unsaleable and utterly pathetic weak players who are no good for our club, question is will they see this and sort it out,

Worried big time

Can't disagree with that.. I'd throw Baker in there too and Westwood, they should be squad players at most but instead they're given clean slates and get to prove to us all just how shite they are all over again
Yeah Baker and Westwood no where near first team quality so many players still need ridding just can't see the amount being got in time with how many needed there is, RDM has a massive job not even a new manager bounce poor fella
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:31 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Oh just seen Ravel Morrison put up a fed up emoticon on his twitter account loads of Villans telling him not to come to this shit team which is counter productive surely ffs
Was that a fed up one? Hes took off now. If hes fed up obv due to our result he has to be coming surley?
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:19 pm

It seems like we have a massive gap in the team, almost like the centre and wings are just non existent.

Central defence i remain very unconvinced about, Central midfield is well... A mess frankly!! And the wings are weak.

Still don't think RDM has a clue about his best 11 especially as half of em arn't even at the club yet!!

I see a very fractured team like this

...........................Gollini

New RB?.......Elphick.....new CD??....Amavi (Rusty still)

..................New DM..........Tshibola (Not settled yet)

Traore? (Not fit yet).....New ACM................. New LW???

..............................................Ayew (Not Prolific)

...............New Striker??....McCormack (Rusty)

Of the rest i would maybe keep Baker, Richards, Bunn, Green, Hepburn-Murphy & Toner as cover for their positions (RB only for Richards though and only if Hutton is replaced as 1st choice)

I personally would have kept Sinclair as the LW and of course we could do nothing about Gueye leaving ... But this team is in a critical condition in my eyes. We are SIX players short of a decent starting 11 i feel and have another few not yet up to speed after long layoffs!!

The Utterer
The Utterer

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:45 pm

After tonight I think we need:

New keeper/new RB/New LB/New LCB/new RCB/new DM/New LMF/new RMF/New ACM/New Striker/New Striker/new sub/new sub/new sub/new sub/new sub/new sub/new sub GK

New manager/new owner/new back office staff/new training ground/new home ground/new seats/new pies at half time/new half time/new beer/new approach roads to ground/new grass in Aston Park/new Aston Park/new M6 flyover/new New Oscott Tavern/new sun/new day to play matches on - not one of the current 7/new news/new nuclear option/new me/wibble wibble wibble......................somebody make it stop.......
De Kuip
De Kuip

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:00 am

Definitely must sign a RB. Richards did ok there. Not great but could be used as cover. A new DM and ST as gestede is the most useless Villa player. Remind me of Heskey but at least he used to run a bit with the ball...then fall over.
New CB to partner Elphick.

Depressing. Won't wake up early for another one until we've got rid of these muppets.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:12 am

danclare82 wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Oh just seen Ravel Morrison put up a fed up emoticon on his twitter account loads of Villans telling him not to come to this shit team which is counter productive surely ffs
Was that a fed up one? Hes took off now. If hes fed up obv due to our result he has to be coming surley?

Yeah it could look that way mate or maybe he was considering an offer? Tend to think he took down that fed up emoticon cos it gives away he is watching so maybe is about to be announced
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 am

Gotta say I was dead against him coming here due to his off-field antics. But at this stage, I don't care if he and his entrourage go out and set fire to orphanages at night provided he's an improvement on our current midfield setup.

If any players we're chatting to are on the fence about coming to this club, we'll have lost them now.

Xia has tweeted that that game against Luton was to check if certain players are worth the chance. And he's stated quite clearly that some of them are not.

I'm kind of relieved that he's tweeted that because otherwise I'd be already having massive doubts over RDM and wishing we'd brought in a manager who wasn't afraid to dish out a round of very loud and scary fucks.
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:03 am

Well from those first two games of the season I would say RDm has a clear picture in his head of which players warrant a starting position, or more time to adapt/get fit they are:

Gollini
Bunn
Elphick
Amavi
Ayew
McCormack

In the next tier that could be first team regulars but haven't shown it yet are:
Grealish
Baker
Green
RHM

I think Gardner could be ok, but he deperately needs someone next to him like Jedinak who will marshall and encourage him.

the rest need effing off.

thats a lot of work to do between now and the end of the transfer window to not only get a starting 11 but also a decent squad together!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:26 am

The Utterer wrote:It seems like we have a massive gap in the team, almost like the centre and wings are just non existent.

Central defence i remain very unconvinced about, Central midfield is well... A mess frankly!! And the wings are weak.

Still don't think RDM has a clue about his best 11 especially as half of em arn't even at the club yet!!

I see a very fractured team like this

...........................Gollini

New RB?.......Elphick.....new CD??....Amavi (Rusty still)

..................New DM..........Tshibola (Not settled yet)

Traore? (Not fit yet).....New ACM................. New LW???

..............................................Ayew (Not Prolific)

...............New Striker??....McCormack (Rusty)

Of the rest i would maybe keep Baker, Richards, Bunn, Green, Hepburn-Murphy & Toner as cover for their positions (RB only for Richards though and only if Hutton is replaced as 1st choice)

I personally would have kept Sinclair as the LW and of course we could do nothing about Gueye leaving ... But this team is in a critical condition in my eyes. We are SIX players short of a decent starting 11 i feel and have another few not yet up to speed after long layoffs!!

That's the formation to solve all our problems mate!!

Play 13 players on the pitch at the same time!! Dancing Banana
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:58 am

Still wouldn't win.
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:00 am

Trotters wrote:Still wouldn't win.

The sad reality of it is you are right! 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 1401410211
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:37 am

Wriggle wrote:Well from those first two games of the season I would say RDm has a clear picture in his head of which players warrant a starting position, or more time to adapt/get fit they are:

Gollini
Bunn
Elphick
Amavi
Ayew
McCormack

In the next  tier that could be first team regulars but haven't shown it yet are:
Grealish
Baker
Green
RHM

I think Gardner could be ok, but he deperately needs someone next to him like Jedinak who will marshall and encourage him.

the rest need effing off.

thats a lot of work to do between now and the end of the transfer window to not only get a starting 11 but also a decent squad together!

You need to let go of the idea that Gardner is going to succeed here, or anywhere. If he needs someone to help him along at his age then he isn't good enough. He's had two games to grab a position and show the manager he is the man, and he has produced not just below par performances but utter tripe. Invisible. Unfortunately Hutton isn't invisible and we see his mistakes game after game. Richards isn't the answer at RB and he certainly isn't the answer at CB, neither is Okore who also produced an utterly shambolic display at CB. We have to be trying to find clubs to take Richards, Hutton, Gardner(Forest will take him). That's for starters
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:37 am

Shoot me down if you want but I actually think we would be OK with

Gollini

Richards...Elphick...Okore...Cissokho

Tshibola

Green...Grealish...Amavi

Ayew...McCormack

I think Richards and Green linked up well down the right channel to provide some good moves to get the ball in to the box in the first 20 mins. Down the left channel I think Amavi can be a defence winger but he definitely excels more as someone who can come forward and attack well, so with Cissokho there at LB he has the freedom to make runs forward and also cover up defensively. Grealish needs to be in the centre of the pitch as he's good at making runs at people but with only an option to cut in quite often that provides little in terms of options. Elphick will help boss the back four and give Okore some solid partnership (something I feel he's lacked since he came in), and Ayew can then roam around along with McCormack to feed of what I now see as quite a creative midfield.
rosco77
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 am

Sorry Rosco but I'm gonna shoot you down Laughing

Okore is and always has been a panic merchant - too slow, hoofs the ball and misses it completely on occasions. He's awful and every time I see him in the team I know it will be panic stations. Cissokho is crap and weak.
Last night showed that having Green/Tish/Grealish in Mid is far too powderpuff - I appreciate you are going with what we have currently, but what we have isn't good enough.
It doesn't matter at the moment - for me - how we rearrange the chess pieces on the board, because they are all pawns - weak, limited in movement and likely to disappear during the game.
I can't come up with any permutations atm that work, because there aren't enough half decent players - let alone good - to put out a team that I think will do what's needed - that's what fills me with dread. We are at least - at least - 5 players away from even putting out a team I think might do a job. That's disgraceful.
De Kuip
De Kuip

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:39 am

Trouble is rosco that midfield would be murdered in this league as it is too much for Tish to handle on his own and Grealish doesn't do tackling back?

Trouble is we have no one to partner Tish as Westwood and Gardner are completely fucking useless!

As for Richards even though he played better at RB he was obviously in a mood and didn't want to be there.

Okore is not good enough especially on the left.

New midfielders (x2), new centre back and new right back needed immediately.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:10 am

If I had to select an 11 from the current team, I'd go with some variation on this:

Gollini
Richards - Elphick - New CB - Amavi
Veretout - New midfielder - Tshibola
Ayew
McCormack - New striker

And even there we're missing at least three players. Amavi, Veretout and Richards both need playing time in their correct positions. Ayew's an attacking player who can play left, right or down the middle so let's stop pissing around with him on the wing. Alternatively play both Grealish and Ayew as free-roaming no.10s:

Gollini
Veretout - New midfielder - Tshibola
Ayew - Grealish
McCormack

The CB needs to be Elphick class and quality and the midfielder spot is crying out for a Barry.

We have to hope none of our defenders get injured though. I still like Okore (only on the right though) and did wonder last season if he had a future as a defensive midfielder.

Just like Rosco above I know I'm about to be shot down in flames!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:18 am

Worried big time

they do see it matey, Dr T has said they (no names tho) don't deserve another chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 am

rosco77 wrote:Shoot me down if you want but I actually think we would be OK with

Gollini

Richards...Elphick...Okore...Cissokho

Tshibola

Green...Grealish...Amavi

Ayew...McCormack

I think Richards and Green linked up well down the right channel to provide some good moves to get the ball in to the box in the first 20 mins. Down the left channel I think Amavi can be a defence winger but he definitely excels more as someone who can come forward and attack well, so with Cissokho there at LB he has the freedom to make runs forward and also cover up defensively. Grealish needs to be in the centre of the pitch as he's good at making runs at people but with only an option to cut in quite often that provides little in terms of options. Elphick will help boss the back four and give Okore some solid partnership (something I feel he's lacked since he came in), and Ayew can then roam around along with McCormack to feed of what I now see as quite a creative midfield.

Mate, they are just names on a page.
What matters is how they fight, battle, play with desire and intent.

Sadly, very few of the fuckers who wear our shirts have any of those qualities.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:36 am

lets all remember, promotion is the goal, I couldn't give a fock about the fizzy pop cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:38 am

jimbop wrote:

Worried big time

they do see it matey, Dr T has said they (no names tho) don't deserve another chance

He didn't name names because he only gets 140 characters in a tweet & that wouldn't cover any where near enough the names that need to go....

It's getting to the point that regardless of the potential of any of last years players they all need to go for the good of both the club & themselves. As a team they look completely drained of fight, spirit, energy ......

We need a leader in every major position ASAP to get some cohesion in this team & instill in the players a work ethic that will thrive in this Division..Fight Like Lions is the least we should expect from these highly paid 'players' !!!
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:45 am

1Elliot wrote:We need a leader in every major position ASAP to get some cohesion in this team & instill in the players a work ethic that will thrive in this Division..Fight Like Lions is the least we should expect from these highly paid 'players' !!!

Elphick is a leader. McCormack I think used to captain Fulham. With a Barry in the middle I think we'll be going someway to sorting this out, especially if we get someone decent in the middle alongside Elphick.

Here's the good Dr's tweet from Tuesday again: "Our basic principles 4 ins:1,mentality&character 1st priority;2,championship experience/premier is a+; 3;willing to fight for Villa!"

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:51 am

My line up would be

Gollini

New CM - Tshibola
Green Ayew

McCormack- New Striker
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:45 pm

jimbop wrote:

Worried big time

True that jim mate which gives us hope, now the trouble is the amount of players we still need and getting that quality signed will not be easy, i will be honest this season if somehow RDM and Dr Xia get us promoted i will be absolutely amazed with the amount of player changes and the crap that was already here from last season, massive job but i will be backing them all the way and at least we have an owner who gives a shit and wants to make it better unlike when i recall Lerner pissing himself for laughter at the FA Cup final against Arsenal when we was about 3-0 down showed him on the TV laughing joking with people around him feckin disgrace he was, now let's hope we get the needed amount of quality players in time, at least we have some hope now! UTV!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next