The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Villa_Dan on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Elphick will hopefully organise him well.

I struggle to see Hernandez happening, Hull just seem to be digging their claws in
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4316
Reputation : 4055
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 pm

@Trotters wrote:Lots of similar views on de Laet from fans of his former clubs: fast but no brain.

Is the left back slot Bacuna's until he loses it (to be fair he's been good the last few games) or will our new boy get the nod by default?

Naturally Hutton isn't even in the running.

If he can cross then Bacuna Out!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1144
Reputation : 1331
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by De Kuip on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Well if it is Hernandez, that's a truly fantastic addition.

Whilst we're in the realms of being spoilt, I'd absolutely love a bid for Austrian attacking midfielder Zlatko Junuzovic from Werder. Absolutely no chance of course, but if it's an attacking midfielder/free kick specialist we're needing - this guy would more than fulfill the requirements.
I can dream can't I??!!
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2281
Reputation : 3528
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Trotters on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:33 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Elphick will hopefully organise him well.

I struggle to see Hernandez happening, Hull just seem to be digging their claws in

From.what I read, it's a case of them being in a bit of limbo with only a caretaker manager. Quite what they'd do with the money with no manager to spend it is anyone's guess and probably why they're going slow.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by 4BetLite on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:50 pm

@Trotters wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:Elphick will hopefully organise him well.

I struggle to see Hernandez happening, Hull just seem to be digging their claws in

From.what I read, it's a case of them being in a bit of limbo with only a caretaker manager. Quite what they'd do with the money with no manager to spend it is anyone's guess and probably why they're going slow.

Hernandez would improve us or how about we go for someone that could transform us, I wonder if the Dr is thinking of someone on a higher level?

Names anyone?
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by AstonThriller on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:00 pm

Pat Murphy's latest tweet

Pat Murphy

Hearing that Diawara,Wells,Bamford & Hernandez are all non-starters for @AVFCOfficial for various reasons. The search continues.Meter ticks!

Personally I think Hernandez is a non starter unless he pushes for a move as Hull really have no reason to sell the lad. Especially when you consider the start they've had. Wells and Bamford i think will be back-up options and the Diawara stuff was weird from the start as he's only a teenager and though talented we have more pressing concerns tbh.

I think the striker will be a bolt out of the blue. Someone we probably haven't been linked with yet.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1947
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by 4BetLite on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Agree Thriller and it all depends on other clubs transfer activity, I honestly think it will be a meltdown marquee superstar that will prob happen on DD day.

Since you know the leagues well mate, how good is Bradley Dack? Worth a shout to strengthen the bench?
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:15 pm

I quite like the look of Lukaku and after missing out on him last season, I hope the good Dr puts in a bid for Mata.

avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 1754
Reputation : 1988
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by jimbop on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:29 pm

I NEVER EVER doubted the Doctor, it was obvious to me from the beginning the passion he has to make us succeed and that he certainly isn't skint but we aint seen nothing yet people, if he is attracting players from premiership clubs to drop down a league, what sort of players are we gonna bring in when back in the prem!!! it really is happy focking days boys and girls Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

jimbop



Posts : 2806
Reputation : 1369
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by jimbop on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:39 pm

@4BetLite wrote:OK, reality check now.

The Dr is doing his part, lets hope everyone at the club can keep up with him.

Happy days.


not just the Dr mate, credit has to go to everyone, wyness, rdm etc

jimbop



Posts : 2806
Reputation : 1369
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by AstonThriller on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:46 pm

So anyway De laet is a very solid signing indeed. Late 20s so should be coming into his prime, has a vast amount of championship experience and has two promotions under his belt too. So this is a very smart piece of business for a good fee aswell. Lets do the maths of how much we've spent thus far.

Gollini= 4.4m (21 years old Italy u21 keeper)
Tshibola= 5m (21 years old with Championship experience)
Mccormack= 12m (30 years old with international and championship experience)
Elphick= 3.5m (28 years old with premiership and championship experience)
Jedinak= 4m (32 years old with premiership, international and championship experience)
Chester= 7m (27 years old with premiership, international and championship experience)
De Laet= 2.5m (27 years old with premiership, international and championship experience)

So thus far we've spent around 37.9m. So with us taking in around 15.5m through the sales of Gana, Sinclair and Clark that means our net spend thus far is near enough 23m which blows everyone out of the water in the championship and is also more than Arsenal, Bournemouth, Burnley, West Brom, Palace, Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Boro, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea and Spurs.

Watford and West Ham have spent around 5m more net and only Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City have spent significantly more. So as I type this our net spend is the sixth best in the country and by the time the window closes there's a chance it might be even better. Has a championship club ever done this before? I very much doubt it.  

Newcastle have spent 45m and recouped the same amount. By the time the window is closed our total spend could be over the 50m mark and if that happens imo it all but confirms that our new owners have serious clout behind them.


Last edited by AstonThriller on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1947
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by jimbop on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:49 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:So anyway De laet is a very solid signing indeed. Late 20s so should be coming into his prime, has a vast amount of championship experience and has two promotions under his belt too. So this is a very smart piece of business for a good fee aswell. Lets do the maths of how much we've spent thus far.

Gollini= 4.4m (21 years old Italy u21 keeper)
Tshibola= 5m (21 years old with Championship experience)
Mccormack= 12m (30 years old with international and championship experience)
Elphick= 3.5m (28 years old with premiership and championship experience)
Jedinak= 4m (32 years old with premiership, international and championship experience)
Chester= 7m (27 years old with premiership, international and championship experience)
De Laet= 2.5m (27 years old with premiership, international and championship experience)

So thus far we've spent around 37.9m. So with us taking in around 15.5m though the sales of Gana, Sinclair and Clark that means our net spend thus far is near enough 23m which blows everyone out of the water in the championship and is also more than Arsenal, Bournemouth, Burnley, West Brom, Palace, Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Boro, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea and Spurs.

Watford and West Ham have spent around 5m more net and only Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City have spent significantly more. So as I type this our net spend is the sixth best in the country and by the time the window closes there's a chance it might be even better. Has a championship club ever done this before? I very much doubt it.  

Newcastle have spent 45m and recouped the same amount. By the time the window is closed our total spend could be over the 50m mark and if that happens imo it all but confirms that our new owners have serious clout behind them.

what a great read matey, I think they have serious clout and I once said on here this takeover is man city style, I even more so believe that now

jimbop



Posts : 2806
Reputation : 1369
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Wriggle on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:51 pm

@Trotters wrote:Lots of similar views on de Laet from fans of his former clubs: fast but no brain.

Is the left back slot Bacuna's until he loses it (to be fair he's been good the last few games) or will our new boy get the nod by default?

Naturally Hutton isn't even in the running.

I think it's time for bed mate as that's the second time you've mentioned Left back, when they're all right backs Bash
avatar
Wriggle



Posts : 401
Reputation : 361
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 46
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by jimbop on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:53 pm

I wonder if this is the new no 9?

Fulham are interested in signing Asamoah Gyan on loan from Shanghai SIPG.

The former Sunderland striker has found his game time limited following the arrival of Hulk at the Chinese side, and it is thought he would welcome the opportunity to play under Slavisa Jokanovic.

There is still plenty of work to do to get this over the line, but sources claim the player could fly in this week for a medical.

jimbop



Posts : 2806
Reputation : 1369
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by AstonThriller on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:54 pm

@4BetLite wrote:Agree Thriller and it all depends on other clubs transfer activity, I honestly think it will be a meltdown marquee superstar that will prob happen on DD day.

Since you know the leagues well mate, how good is Bradley Dack? Worth a shout to strengthen the bench?

Not seen much of him but judging by his record in league one he looks like he knows where the net is having scored 15 last season. Goalscoring midfielders are hard to find so if we got him for a small fee why not? Though it looks like Brighton are sniffing around him.

Anyway the Hernadez plot thickens guys as word is he's not travelled with the Hull squad tonight for their league cup game Very Happy .
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1947
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Fpuppys on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:57 pm

[url=
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 804
Reputation : 372
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 53
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum