The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:05 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:
@smetro wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:Lets be honest. He has talent. He was by far our most interesting attacking player last year, and looked like he gave a shit despite him being quite young and inexperienced in the EPL.

He might have areas he needs to improve on, but selling him would be a HUGE step back. Firstly he is EPL quality, which is what we need. Secondly, who should we buy to replace him? It's not even sure we can replace him with sufficient quality.
And another point, it's absurd to say he should be scoring more goals when our manager puts him out on the wing. It's clear he's seen more as a creative inside forward. A bit like McCormack looks in my eyes.

Lets at least give the team a season to see how it ends up. If he's still the same in May, fine.

Can't a wide player score a quota goals then ? - seem to remember Morley, Graydon, Ashley Young getting a few goals from wide positions.

Well yes. But surely if you are to beat someone with that stick it should be our main striker. And I'm 100% certain that if we keep Ayew and play him like we do now he will get 15 goals for us in all competitions this year. Fecking certain of it. He looks too good for this league. If we had a more settled side and a main striker that wasn't a complete fucking donkey and a midfield that had even the most minor influence, Ayew would run riot.

Play him like we do ? - do you mean as a dedicated striker - presumably alongside Mccormack ?

Lets be clear it wasn't lack of scoring chances on sunday though - he had the chances - but didn't take them.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Oh I agree. I think he must do better, but he also will. They are all a bit rusty. Ayew should have scored at least once, but McCormacks miss was far worse.

I don't mind strikers that miss chances from time to time as it's the ability to get there which is needed. Over time statistics shows even the most inept strikers will get goals if they have the ability to get into position.

What fucked me off Sunday was two things. One how RDM didn't sub off Bacuna for Grealish or Green when it was clear he contributed fucking zilch (this should have happened at the 45 min mark). Bacuna is dogshit. Two, how our fullbacks and central midfield is utter shite. We simply need to replace all those four to have any chance of promotion. Fortunately we have Amavi and Tshibola, but still... signings needed.

I'm slightly amazed how Lambert kept us up in the EPL over so many seasons when it's obvious most of our players have been very mediocre championship players.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:11 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Secondly, who should we buy to replace him? It's not even sure we can replace him with sufficient quality.  

Well it won't be Jonathan Kodjia, according to a report on BBC Football.

Brizzle City's owner says he will only listen to bids over £10M but more importantly, they will not sell to another Championship club.
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:17 pm

It's at least clear we're looking at a targetman replacement for Gestede.

Yacine Bammou, Kojak and Bamford linked. They are all quite similar in size I think 185 cm ish.

Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

@Villa Ranger wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:Secondly, who should we buy to replace him? It's not even sure we can replace him with sufficient quality.  

Well it won't be Jonathan Kodjia, according to a report on BBC Football.

Brizzle City's owner says he will only listen to bids over £10M but more importantly, they will not sell to another Championship club.

Up to them of course...and I don't know much about the player. I would doubt a prem club is going to stump up £10m on a player with one good season in the championship. There was no interest from the prem in Mccormack with a far better record.

I personally think we will get Bamford on loan towards the end of the window.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:46 pm

I know this sounds spoilt but I have to say I'm disappointed that there's no real news today regarding signings. I know stuff is going on in the background but I guess I was hoping for something to break today.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:50 pm

@De Kuip wrote:I know this sounds spoilt but I have to say I'm disappointed that there's no real news today regarding signings. I know stuff is going on in the background but I guess I was hoping for something to break today.

Think it will be like McCormack last week. A couple of confirmed outs - Sanchez\Vertout - Then bang , Jedinak and Wells ! - lets hope so anyway....
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:30 pm

I understand we needed to rid players as RDM said the squad was too big plus we all wanted players shipping out so as more players leave then there is real scope to bring in the players we require, would like to see some real ambition now like Hernandez Jedinak type of calibre players!
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Not sure why, but I have a feeling both Hernandez and Bamford would be great for us.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:08 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Not sure why, but I have a feeling both Hernandez and Bamford would be great for us.

I agree maybe offer Gestede in part-ex for Hernandez because i just don't see anything in him that convinces me he will rediscover his Blackburn form especially as we don't see built up to his strengths as a team mind you with Adama on his way back to fitness and Green's emergence that may change but would prefer Bamford and Hernandez with Ayew and McCormack for the striker positions.
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Be just our luck to sell Gestede to a team that plays to his strength and he has a stormer. Still can't stop thinking his time with us so far is like buying an umberella and after 2 weeks of dull dry weather complaining it's no use...
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 pm

@smetro wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:I know this sounds spoilt but I have to say I'm disappointed that there's no real news today regarding signings. I know stuff is going on in the background but I guess I was hoping for something to break today.

Think it will be like McCormack last week. A couple of confirmed outs - Sanchez\Vertout  - Then bang , Jedinak and Wells ! - lets hope so anyway....
Jedinak linked by BMH staff today by the way. Dancing Banana
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm

I know what you mean DK, only way to get Rudy firing is playing Adama and Green hugging the touchline plus we will have Amavi pumping crosses in left right and centre for him,

I watched quite a bit of Hernandez last season in the Championship and i have to say he is quality makes goals from nothing like his goal in the Play Off final 25 yarder from nothing beating Owls keeper superb strike, he really would be a signing for us alongside McCormack imo we would destroy defences.

Narla cheers for the info dude Jedinak would be a game changer signing for us imagine Tshibola and Jedinak sitting in midfield allowing McCormack Hernandez Ayew and Adama loose! Dancing Banana
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Good lad NARLA hope it happens!!!!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 pm

@BillytheKid wrote:I know what you mean DK, only way to get Rudy firing is playing Adama and Green hugging the touchline plus we will have Amavi pumping crosses in left right and centre for him,

I watched quite a bit of Hernandez last season in the Championship and i have to say he is quality makes goals from nothing like his goal in the Play Off final 25 yarder from nothing beating Owls keeper superb strike, he really would be a signing for us alongside McCormack imo we would destroy defences.

Narla cheers for the info dude Jedinak would be a game changer signing for us imagine Tshibola and Jedinak sitting in midfield allowing McCormack Hernandez Ayew and Adama loose! Dancing Banana
Cheers Billy - I am confident we'll get some good guys in and certainly agree with you on the above names they would set us up really well.  I guess I'm nervous that I'm not hearing any defensive players linked with us.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:44 pm

@De Kuip wrote:
@BillytheKid wrote:I know what you mean DK, only way to get Rudy firing is playing Adama and Green hugging the touchline plus we will have Amavi pumping crosses in left right and centre for him,

Cheers Billy - I am confident we'll get some good guys in and certainly agree with you on the above names they would set us up really well.  I guess I'm nervous that I'm not hearing any defensive players linked with us.

Hutton has just gotta be replaced hasn't he? I am amazed RDM has kept him involved tbh i know it sounds nuts but i would prefer Richards or a youngster than Hutton as he just lacks defensive quality and positioning, RB defo needs getting and CB just reading we have bid for Chester?
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:46 pm

No bid just says we want Chester but encouraging and i hope so :)

MirrorSport understands Championship newboys Villa, who lost their opening game 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday, have recently contacted the Baggies to confirm an interest in Chester

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-defender-james-chester-8590583?
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Isn't he even worse than Clark?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:00 pm

@De Kuip wrote:Good lad NARLA hope it happens!!!!
Looking promising DK mate
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:06 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Isn't he even worse than Clark?  

Not from what i have seen of him tbh i haven't seen him loads of times but watched him for Wales in the Euro's and he was solid and i wanted us to nip in with a bid when he was at Hull and beat Sandwell to him, i rate him better than Clark more of a solid defender.
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Wasnt it diame who scored in final?
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Someone on another site saying his source reckons hernandez booked for medical wednesday. How true i dont know but seems to be hotting up. Morrison gone quiet tho
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:24 pm

@danclare82 wrote:

Wasnt it diame who scored in final?

You know what it was Diame my bad but still Hernandez scored something like 25 goals in the Championship and he many times scored from tight situations and has a turn of pace beating defenders and a cracking shot on him, really hope them rumours he is having a medical come true :)
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 pm

It all comes down to what system RDM intends on playing moving forward. For me the 442 yesterday with Ayew on the wing cannot be employed long term as team will just continue to hammer us down that flank. If he really looks at it carefully I think we need to go more 433 and have Ayew left, Mccormack central and another forward who can oporate on that right-hand side (Adama could be the answer I hope). What is clear though for this to all work we need that magical "number ten" who can open the door for our strikers. We didn't have that on sunday and yet we still created chances so once we do get such a player things should really start looking good.

Apart from his flick-on to Mccormack Gestede just got in the way...I honestly don't think we need a convensional "big man" tbh...we just need to play to a plan that suits all our best weapons, that's all.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:24 pm

I think 4231 is a fine tactic for us. We just need a few more players. Personally I think 4231 basically is 433/451 which I personally find to be the best tactic if it's mastered
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum