The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+64
Jae1411
rosco77
Tyler Durden
FoxyAV
MancVillan
Mr_Spadge
Jamie_Taylor_1985
Dansvilla75
therailboy
Andyh
1Elliot
jvilla
tonyp
UnclePanda
VTID85
Thinman
Synopsis
StaffordsVillan
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Cha Ching
andrew24561
noodles
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
danclare82
Justice league
NARLA24
Peter
Fpuppys
Heisenberg
nickf21
VillaBill
AstonThriller
Keyser Soze
deadbuzzardalive
AVit
debandit
Alf T
lukevilla
Rawlie
Wriggle
gaffer85
Chrissylee1111
smetro
Andrew Baker
Saunders82
HarryAVFC
Barabass
villajk
De Kuip
DaveAV1
4BetLite
The Utterer
BillytheKid
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
Lammypaul
achilles
DelboyVilla
68 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Gordonsleftboot Sat May 28, 2016 2:31 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Anyone else think the board are maybe wing to see if Bruce gets promoted or not ?

Given a gap in formation, conspiracy theories will fly! Can't believe some are getting agitated with the fit & proper test taking too long. Fact is it takes as long as it needs andd the hares are set ruuning until a purchase is confirmed. If you want the real reason why we still have no manager and are in limbo, surely its because the sale has not long been agreed?

I understand that people want the team sorted before pre-season traing - wherever that will be - kicks off. But hold on, even with a new owner and with Richardson and Zoggy gone, we still have some players on long and expensive contracts, even after taking any hit for wage cuts after relegation. This mess will take time to sort and a few weeks does not seem very realistic to me.

There are other issue to resolve or see finished too. What happens if the Dr passes his F&P review but one or more of his team don't. Does he give up or say goodbye to them - surely the latter but who knows.

What happens if RDM says no? We've lost our other two key favourites, Moyes and Pearson.

There is still so much we don't know - time to chill and let the pieces fall into place. me thinks. It won't be the first time we're building a squad into September - and then there is the loan period! It'll be a long season and if too much is decided too quickly, we will have a long time to regret it. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2900886825
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 2:38 pm

To be honest I wanted the new manager in sharpish. Buts now its likley to be RDM - I don't really care whether its today or a few days before the season starts.
We've just added a year onto a stay in the championship....all IMO of course.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat May 28, 2016 3:11 pm

For good or bad, I get the feeling that if managers aren't performing, Xia will get rid, a lot sooner than we're used to under Lerner.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat May 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Its frightening how far we are falling as a fanbase seeing how the London clubs are now getting 50K season ticket holders. Dr Tone need to get us up and runing fast and then find a way to get more seats and bums into Villa Park to compete financially
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Trotters wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:We can't blame Xia for the fit and proper tests by the FA as soon as he is passed we know we will have a manager RDM 99.9% likely and he will have around 9/10 weeks to sell players off and buy in players he wants which most likely he will already have or be drawing up a list of transfer targets already specially as RDM knows the Championship and whats needed to get out that division and characters around the club.

No need to panic yet as Rawlie says early days yet and by the end of June i think we will start to see a whole new ethos and Villa team unrecognisable performance wise compared to last season.

It's 10 weeks until the season starts. You'd really want to have 4 weeks of pre-season under your belt with a finished squad - or close to it - by then.

The new manager has his work well cut out for him. A decent board with football people and a good coaching staff will be an immeasurable help. Of we continue in the sane vein as Lerner with zero football brains beyond the manager, then we're in trouble.

The rebuild extends far beyond the playing team. And it needs to be rebuilt well and rebuilt fast!

4 weeks minimal agree ideally but i see there being enough time tbh, Is there going to be a Camiolli appointed along with the manager next week who knows, i did read though that the board and managerial positions would be in place as soon as the fit and proper test was completed so next week it starts then first 4 weeks recruiting buying and selling, then the second 4 weeks pre season but it is cutting it close i do agree,

There is money to spend that helps attracting players to the club so it won't take long to buy in what we need i believe, i can also see us being able to keep Gana Ayew Amavi if we choose to do so because if RDM says no you are not leaving what can they do they have years left on there contract as Newcastle and West Ham did when they was last relegated keeping Nolan Noble etc etc unless there is a stupid Fox clause as i read this week like Gana having a release clause inserted in his contract £7million fee now that would be annoying.

So looking at it if RDM decides to keep Gana Amavi Ayew Adama Sinclair Veretout and build a team around them a solid defence etc then that will save time dealing with selling them to clubs and replacing them, really depends on what idiotic if any contract clauses the tools added in last summers players contracts tbh, should be an interesting summer though mate.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Wookster wrote:Its frightening how far we are falling as a fanbase seeing how the London clubs are now getting 50K season ticket holders. Dr Tone need to get us up and runing fast and then find a way to get more seats and bums into Villa Park to compete financially

Agree mate been worried by this trend now the past few years seeing other clubs growing there fan bases and ours has been stalling/dwindling, what kept Villa above most below the top 6 was our fanbase we sure do as you say need to get bck up as soon as possible and get that stadium developed and quality players added to attract season ticket sales and fans turning up week in week out more often,

Good point you made AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3769219917
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 3:52 pm

If a bid comes in for a player, and he wants to go...he will

Gana and Ayew would be a major surprise if they stay. We need a few fresh faces to lift the gloom - the windows closes end of August - then we have the Jan window. There's time enough.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Wookster wrote:Its frightening how far we are falling as a fanbase seeing how the London clubs are now getting 50K season ticket holders. Dr Tone need to get us up and runing fast and then find a way to get more seats and bums into Villa Park to compete financially

I'm sure RDM will pack em in next season
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 4:56 pm

smetro wrote:If a bid comes in for a player, and he wants to go...he will

Gana and Ayew would be a major surprise if they stay. We need a few fresh faces to lift the gloom - the windows closes end of August - then we have the Jan window. There's time enough.

Agree fresh new faces are required mate no doubting that but if RDM decides he wants to keep Ayew or Gana and there isn't any clauses inserted into there contracts forcing us to sell them then they would have to standnd play, i do think most likely if they want to to they probably will end up sold by RDM however there isn't anything concrete about that look at Hull Robertson was bid for by Norwich many times last summer but Bruce decided he was not for sale also Marshall there GK and other relegated sides in the past have made the same stances on players.

I think the amount of years Ayew Gana Amavi have on there contracts bodes well for us for wither driving up the sale price for them or declining them a move if RDM fancies them to stay instead, also manager pull could play a part RDM could have them over candle light dinner and well i will let you imagine the rest and lengths he would go to ''pursuading them to stay here'' AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1662365926
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 5:55 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
smetro wrote:If a bid comes in for a player, and he wants to go...he will

Agree fresh new faces are required mate no doubting that but if RDM decides he wants to keep Ayew or Gana and there isn't any clauses inserted into there contracts forcing us to sell them then they would have to standnd play, i do think most likely if they want to to they probably will end up sold by RDM however there isn't anything concrete about that look at Hull Robertson was bid for by Norwich many times last summer but Bruce decided he was not for sale also Marshall there GK and other relegated sides in the past have made the same stances on players.

I think the amount of years Ayew Gana Amavi have on there contracts bodes well for us for wither driving up the sale price for them or declining them a move if RDM fancies them to stay instead, also manager pull could play a part RDM could have them over candle light dinner and well i will let you imagine the rest and lengths he would go to ''pursuading them to stay here'' AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1662365926

There is nobody in that squad that I would loose any sleep over if they went. Bacuna and Micah Richards, should be first out of the door if the manager\regime want any sort of credibility.
I don't see Hutton\Baker fitting in with RDM. I would give serious consideration to selling Clark at £5m.

That pretty much means 2 new cb's - and at least one FB - for starters.

I will temper all that with IME these muted big clear-outs - always tend to be less dramatic than we envisage.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat May 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Problem is, the clear out really does need to be dramatic this time.

That takes time.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by noodles Sat May 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Name a club that's made a load of signings so far.Get a grip ffs
noodles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Sat May 28, 2016 7:36 pm

I think RDM deal has already been agreed and once the fit and proper test is complete and take over all rubber stamped it will be announced. If Pearson thought he was getting the Villa job he wouldn't of talked to Derby.
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 pm

My understanding is that the FPT is literally a tick box exercise, I have no idea to why it's taking so long. I bet has been given to Mr jobs worth.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat May 28, 2016 8:44 pm

It's not taking long, as it's not even begun yet (officially). Once we're registered as a Championship club (I've heard that will happen either the 1st or 7th of June), it can begin. When all the play offs are complete I imagine things will start to move from there.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 28, 2016 8:47 pm

They aren't starting the fit and proper test until next month are they ? So they've just been sitting waiting for the days to tick by. Great 

I did read that it might be done by the end of next week though
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sat May 28, 2016 9:00 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:They aren't starting the fit and proper test until next month are they ? So they've just been sitting waiting for the days to tick by. Great 

I did read that it might be done by the end of next week though

Premier league started it, championship will finish it - probably because AVFC have asked to get it done and paid some money.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 29, 2016 12:22 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:My understanding is that the FPT is literally a tick box exercise, I have no idea to why it's taking so long. I bet has been given to Mr jobs worth.

With the failings of the test in the recent past, they've beefed it up substantially (from what I've read).

Add to that that verifying any financial claims from Xia to prove he can afford to own and run a club like Villa could be hard to prove/disprove when dealing with China.

Add to THAT any paperwork that includes the words "Christopher" and "Samuelson" and it won't just be a tick and flick exercise.

At least, I hope not.

As much as we need Tony to be legit, as much as we need the ball to get rolling, I'd rather the authorities take the time they need and ask the right questions (and get the right answers) NOW than realise they fucked up later.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sun May 29, 2016 7:24 am

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1f62a

I should have copied n pasted my post.

As I did my last sucessfully posted "contribution" Very Happy

Once again... it's disappeared:

Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1787200310

Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun May 29, 2016 7:37 am

To be honest after Lerner they need to ask some GCSE Business Studies questions, an IQ test and maybe look into a DNA test to see how deep the gene pool is??

Lerner probably still passes the fit and proper tests yet we all know that he is neither fit or proper.

I can't remember how long it took for Lerner but it was a few weeks because he had to purchase all the shares etc before he could gain control. Maybe the fit and proper was done in this time?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun May 29, 2016 8:37 am

Maybe the sale has been confirmed and we're waiting for Tony to come over for the fanfare and parties etc
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Alf T wrote: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1f62a

I should have copied n pasted my post.

As I did my last sucessfully posted "contribution" Very Happy

Once again... it's disappeared:

Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1787200310

I'll look into fixing the "post in progress" feature tomorrow for you, Alf. After all, we just love reading the thoughts of your missus. Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Sun May 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Trotters wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:My understanding is that the FPT is literally a tick box exercise, I have no idea to why it's taking so long. I bet has been given to Mr jobs worth.

With the failings of the test in the recent past, they've beefed it up substantially (from what I've read).

Add to that that verifying any financial claims from Xia to prove he can afford to own and run a club like Villa could be hard to prove/disprove when dealing with China.

Add to THAT any paperwork that includes the words "Christopher" and "Samuelson" and it won't just be a tick and flick exercise.

At least, I hope not.

As much as we need Tony to be legit, as much as we need the ball to get rolling, I'd rather the authorities take the time they need and ask the right questions (and get the right answers) NOW than realise they fucked up later.

I object to the 'Christopher' comment - totally unwarranted! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1787200310
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun May 29, 2016 12:16 pm

All the pain of the past 5 years could have been avoided if only the FA made Lerner have to tick a box and answer if he was going to be a good owner or not, the dickhead would have cocked that up and made the wrong choice obviously and we would never have been relegated 🤦
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun May 29, 2016 12:17 pm

I hope this is bs

Matt Scott ‏@Matt5cott  12m12 minutes ago
I'm hearing from high places Dr Tony Xia's deal for Villa is on the rocks. Question marks about his ability to raise the funds. #avfc

He is a talksport pundit and football columnist and financial adviser in media football.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next